9.1

1. Jun 18, 2011
    One thing I love about the Zelda series that never ceases to impress me, is the fact that each game introduces an entirely new world, even if the world is one we should be familiar with. Despite being shorter than most Zelda games, I loved the style and lore introduced in this one, as I do with it in most other Zelda games. Sure it was lighter in one sense, but the villain is great and the level design is probably the best I've seen out of all the 2D Zelda games. The story kind of reminds me of a Miyazaki movie and the amount you can do around the world, like in any Zelda game, is vast - and in order to unlock everything due to a certain timescale centered around the completion of dungeons, there's a pretty good replay value to it. Also, at first I was iffy with the fact that your hat talks and acts as your "fairy" character, but in the long run it was very enjoyable factor and also the ability to change size from normal to small and back again was awesome. It's a really good game! Expand
  2. Nov 9, 2011
    Some people find that this Zelda game is short but it is actually quite long for a Game Boy Advance game, and fun for that matter. The puzzles and the world feel so new and the gameplay has rarely been better for a 2D Zelda. The bosses are the most difficult in the history of Zelda.
  3. Dec 16, 2010
    Minish Cap is a great game!NO JOKE!The traditional over head style is just back with some new elements now!Still not as good as A Link to the Past, but very enjoyable!BUY IT, ZELDA FANS!NOW!
  4. May 26, 2011
    I played through the whole game, and I though to myself: Wow. Jaw-dropping visuals, massive bosses, and a fantastic story and soundtrack make this a must-play in the Zelda series.
  5. Nov 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game was pretty good. Although it felt a bit too simple at some parts and then at other parts it became very frustrating. I didn't like how it was possible to skip obtaining the light arrows and then not being able to get them later. Other than that though, this game was amazing. Expand
  6. Apr 3, 2012
    This was the first Zelda game I played and pretty much the only one I really liked. The shrinking gimmick is probably my favourite part of the gameplay - the world of Minish is just as fascinating as Hyurle, and even something as simple as a rain drop seems like a scariest downpour when you're just 1 inch long. The dungeons are intriguing and graphics are some of the best on GBA. Highly recommended! Expand
  7. Jun 24, 2013
    This is by far the best hand-held Zelda game to I've played. There are plenty of fresh ideas that help to change the experience up. Everything from the shrinking mechanic to the excellent graphics help make this game superb. I must play for anyone with a Game Boy Advance.
  8. Jan 14, 2014
    This is a perfect example of a Zelda game done right. The game feels familiar enough while also setting itself as a whole new adventure. Everything from the swordplay to the dungeons to the exploration is done just right. Mix that in with a beautiful presentation and a stunning soundtrack, and there is a fantastic experience unlike any other. Unfortunately, this gem is not flawless: its rough edges come in the form of side quests that felt lacking and occasionally frustrating, as well as the adventure ending far too soon. Also, the story, while it has great characters and moments, does feel a tad thin, and the villain, while cool, isn't very different from Ganondorf in essence. Yet even these blemishes can't possibly take away from a truly magical Zelda game. Expand
  9. Feb 7, 2014
    Another amazing game of this amazing series. It's shorter than the others but still you'll have fun when playing it. Especially, I really love the puzzles, they're just mindblowing.
  10. Mar 24, 2014
    It's just so charming and fun. Still stunning and lovely to look at. The Minish Cap & The Wind Waker are my favourite Zelda games because they're timeless.

1. The game may be short by the franchise's standards, but every minute of it is breathtaking.
    Thankfully, longevity hasn't been sacrificed for the sake of beauty: the main quest alone will take the average gamer a minimum of fifteen hours and that's without spending a single moment delving into the fabulous subquests, which will double, even triple that time...A stunning and wondrous game.
  3. Outside of a slightly boring midgame stretch in which you're tracking down overdue library books (no, really) and an overly tough final boss, this is a flawless portable adventure. [Feb 2005, p.91]