• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Aug 25, 2004
6.6

1. Dec 17, 2013
    I admit that when I was a teenager, I saw this ad for a game that was like Mario Party and Pokemon combined, I was curious. I laid down the money to purchase this game, and even today, I have regrets.

It's full of raging, senseless button mashing. This gets the adrenaline pumping for about five minutes, and then you begin wondering if there is ever an end in sight. I have a theory that games that have a lot of button mashing correlates to greater frustration. You get all riled up because you're hitting a button all the time, but then you fail, and it's exasperating cause all you're doing is jamming a button.

The difficulty also spikes towards the end, making this issue even worse. Then you wonder if you need to create more monsters, but there isn't much that specially defines them. They come in all shapes and sizes, and you can adjust them to all sorts of hideous shapes for some mild amusement, but otherwise, it's completely forgettable.

At the end of the day, I simply dislike this game, and I still regret buying it. No matter how much I try redeeming it.

1. 7 / 7 / 7 / 6 - 27 [Vol 787]
  2. While the monster creation is excellent, the minigames feel more rudimentary. [Sept 2004, p.93]
  3. It’s a promising set-up, but one that’s flawed at nearly every level... You’re left with the overwhelming sensation of a Christmas present with no batteries to go in it. [Nov 2004, p.111]