Disney's PK: Out of the Shadows GameCube

6.5

1. Sep 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the first game I've gotten on the Gamecube and when I was a kid I used to enjoy this game but looking back at it, its not as good as I remember. First of all you're main Character is Donald Duck who is wanting to become a Super Hero then he suddenly falls asleep and I suppose that green bubble duck is suppose to be Professor Von Drake comes out saying that he wants to be a super hero and then he sucks Donald in and tells him to stand on a circle and then he transforms him into a Super Hero. Then he calls him "PK" and not only that his voice changed. I mean why the heck would they do that. Anyways the reason why Donald is a Super Hero is because there are some type of Aliens about to invade...the planet I guess. So with that aside the game at times feels fun but when you get further it comes too repetitive. You're just going around shooting aliens rescuing some type of scientists and then fight off the bosses. So I recommend this game for kids but if you're a hardcore gamer you may find this disappointing. Its not a bad game its just that its really confusing and complicated to understand. Expand
  2. Jul 14, 2016
    I do find the plot cliche and the controls to be okay. But the gameplay is good and the music is good. The levels are great this game isn't so bad. I like this game.

#88 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2002

1. Nintendo Power
    Straightforward sci-fi action with comic book style and lots of cool gadgets. [Feb 2003, p.155]
  2. If you have kids around that you can pass the game on to, take a chance on it. Otherwise, PK will leave most gamers feeling like not-so-super heroes.
  3. A nice change of pace, but it’s too repetitive to hold your interest for very long.