Finding Nemo GameCube

5.5

1. Jul 24, 2015
    This game is so bad that I am writing a review about it at 1:42 in the morning, 12 years later! Probably cause I have nothing better to do.

I'm really not sure where to begin here. I've analyzed this game with a team of scientists, and we've all come to the unanimous conclusion that this game is the worst thing since cancer. Never before have I been subjected to such lengthy loading screens. What is it even loading? This ocean isn't even open world! And a game has to be open world to be good. That's just logic for you.

I'm not even invested in any of the characters! Only people who are used to swimming through bubble rocket launching spinning bubbles of power launches will relate to these fish! If you like throwing controllers at your television because that dumb shark keeps catching you Every. Single. Time. Then sure. Play away. But if you actually care about your health and well-being and you actually want to grow up to be a normal, functioning member of society, well then join the club. The creators of this game owe the world an apology for this abomination of repetitive, sickening, ugly mess of a game. I took their bait so you wouldn't have to. I'm a hero like that.

And the worst part is that I'll never know how it ends! Because I'm still playing this piece of trash after 23 years!

You know what. I take back that trash statement. This game is below trash. It's the trash can! The bin of awfulness that keeps all the other awfulness in check! It deserves an improper burial at sea.

I'd say more, but considering that this game is pretty much filled with awfulness, I guess that's really it. I mean seriously, the creators deserve an award for being able to stuff such awfulness into one compact disk! Perhaps that's why it takes so long to load. And the game is as repetitive as my usage of the word awfulness.

Guess Nemo will just have to find his own way home cause he's not even worth it.
  2. MichaelF.
    Jul 4, 2006
    one of the best pixar films is now a nightmare with its horrifying appeal. the levels are much too difficult and the loading times are the worst i've seen in a game. while very few things were fun, everything else was crass concepts. some parts of the game required the collection of items where a level had 40-60 of them and you had to find them all. another horrifying moment was the one of the best pixar films is now a nightmare with its horrifying appeal. the levels are much too difficult and the loading times are the worst i've seen in a game. while very few things were fun, everything else was crass concepts. some parts of the game required the collection of items where a level had 40-60 of them and you had to find them all. another horrifying moment was the puzzles in the fish tank requiring more than skill and strategy, but a LOT of free time you won't have. while i did not want to play this game after i beat it, i never went back to it again. it did not sell in my garage sale and i wanted to make at least $10 off of it. i got better deals selling my gba games. this is worth nothing, just total nothing, garbage. Expand
  3. C.S.
    Mar 16, 2005
    Rented this for my 6 yr old. Positives: Clean graphics. Colorful creative challenges. Non violent. Uses some of the humourous lines from the movie. Negatives: - Long loading times between levels - 3 to 4 minutes. - The first level is quite easy with each level increasing. The skill level required increases too quickly with each level for the younger kids. After some strong frustration, Rented this for my 6 yr old. Positives: Clean graphics. Colorful creative challenges. Non violent. Uses some of the humourous lines from the movie. Negatives: - Long loading times between levels - 3 to 4 minutes. - The first level is quite easy with each level increasing. The skill level required increases too quickly with each level for the younger kids. After some strong frustration, the youngster turned the controls over to me. - Repetitive game play skills. In some levels you must chase the fish and catch it while targeting and going through rings to increase your speed in keeping up with the fish. If you fail, you are doomed to repeat this same scene until you get it. - We made it to the Catch Dory level (about level five). After chasing Dory in literal circles for almost ten minutes, I began feeling nauseaus, as well as my older daughter who was watching (she plays many video games and has never felt ill before). My youngest had no complaints except that it was getting boring. We all agreed on this. We never did catch Dory. The game as a whole was frustrating, and eventually boring. On the first day of a six day rental, I returned it for credit. Game not recommended. Expand

#57 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2003
#37 Most Shared GameCube Game of 2003

1. Nintendo Power
    Excellent graphics, animation, voice acting and control make the GCN adaptation of Finding Nemo a pleasure to watch and play. [July 2003, p.145]
  2. One of the best movie-licensed games I’ve seen so far this year and I highly recommend it for kids and their parents or anyone just looking for a fun and unique game.
  3. It’s frustrating at certain points, while other gameplay is sloppy executed.