James Bond 007: Agent Under Fire GameCube

6.7

1. May 21, 2017
    The first Bond game I owned and one of my favorite Bond games. This game is the black sheep of the Bond games. It's also the second best selling Bond game of all time under Goldeneye 007. This one is the best version.

I liked the voice acting and story for single player. I liked the graphics. The music is generic but I love it. The gameplay was simplistic. The controls aren't as bad as people claim they are. Control setup 3 is the best to use. I liked the car missions. The guns were impressive as well and were accurate for the most part. There were no loading times at all.

The multiplayer saved the game. it gave us a lot of maps and game modes, the amount of customization for weapon lists, multiplayer characters, gadgets and the bots were good for multiplayer. The multiplayer I think is much better than the world is not enough for the Nintendo 64. The unlockables for multiplayer from single player after getting a platinum medal by playing the missions again and finding all 007 icons gave the game a bit of replay value.

I loved the classic Bond references such as the BMW Z8 from The World Is Not Enough, the Lotus Esprit from the Spy Who Loved Me and Mr Somerset from From Russia With Love.

The main flaws of the game is that it was WAY too short with only 12 missions and the ai was terrible.

It's a good game. If you want better multiplayer, get James Bond Nightfire.
  2. Nov 27, 2014
    While Agent Under Fire was hurt by its relatively short length, it still was a great game even though the game's controls don't hold up very well today. Agent Under Fire has twelve missions including first person, driving and on-rail missions. While there weren't many driving levels, they were one of the games bright spots for sure! Come to think of it, I think Agent Under Fire has theWhile Agent Under Fire was hurt by its relatively short length, it still was a great game even though the game's controls don't hold up very well today. Agent Under Fire has twelve missions including first person, driving and on-rail missions. While there weren't many driving levels, they were one of the games bright spots for sure! Come to think of it, I think Agent Under Fire has the best driving levels of any James Bond game. You get a lot of freedom with those levels and the cars handle very well. The on-rail segments were also very good and were actually better than the on-rail segments from Nightfire. The first person missions however could have been a little better. The AI wasn't very smart. They just charge you which is a bit annoying. A bright spot though is that there are many different ways to approach these levels. You can go in gun blazing or you can use a stealthier approach. Your gadgets come in handy and also offer an additional route to take. Between that and Malprave's plan to clone eight world leaders and you have got everything you expect from a bond game. But let's not forget about the multiplayer. The multiplayer offered many different maps and a few different game modes including combat training, golden gun and top agent to name a few. The game also offered several different options such as zero gravity, jet packs, q-claws and several other boosts that you get from achieving high scores in the single player missions. In short the game had a good amount of replay value. If you like high octane action than this might be a game for you. If you prefer spy based games, you might want to give Nightfire a look as well. Expand
  3. Jan 3, 2014
    The game was too short, but the experience was great. The campaign had an average plot nothing to great; nothing to bad. I found the missions exciting with different stealth elements. You kinda get that espionage James Bond feel in the game. While the campaign was alright, the multiplayer was surprisingly outstanding! The multiplayer is a great fun havoc for multiple people, and the modsThe game was too short, but the experience was great. The campaign had an average plot nothing to great; nothing to bad. I found the missions exciting with different stealth elements. You kinda get that espionage James Bond feel in the game. While the campaign was alright, the multiplayer was surprisingly outstanding! The multiplayer is a great fun havoc for multiple people, and the mods fit in well. There are over 20 maps, I think, you first start off with and more to unlock. This game offers the best local multiplayer on the Game Cube. This was a surprising step up for James Bond. It is probably in the top 3 FPS on the Game Cube. Expand
  4. T.F.
    Nov 5, 2005
    This is a very worthwhile game. Fun and ingauging. I'm new to the Gamecube but I have so far not been disappointed.
  5. RyanK.
    May 17, 2005
    "AGENT UNDER FIRE" is perhaps the most action-packed 007 adventure, yet it lacks lethal and explosive dialogue, but this game is very good and once again, 007 is back!!!
  6. Cubeoid
    Jan 10, 2004
    I can't belive the scores you guys are giving this game. AUF is so bloody short and easy that it isn't even worth a rent. The AI is stupid, the weapons dull, the levels boring and the constant hints are a pain in the arse. And the multiplayer is not good. It stinks. It has bad level design and poor bot AI. Even with four players it still stinks so much you could choke to death I can't belive the scores you guys are giving this game. AUF is so bloody short and easy that it isn't even worth a rent. The AI is stupid, the weapons dull, the levels boring and the constant hints are a pain in the arse. And the multiplayer is not good. It stinks. It has bad level design and poor bot AI. Even with four players it still stinks so much you could choke to death in your living room. Expand
  7. JakeG.
    Nov 3, 2002
    This game is amazing-- the variety of guns is cool, and the multiplayer mode takes it up to a higher level. Without the multiplayer, I would have rated it 7.5.
  8. JohnG.
    Oct 3, 2002
    T.Taboo, what are you on ? You obviously were crap at this game so called the game crap instead. This is a brilliant multiplayer game, I haven't had so much fun at my friends expense before. On the down side the single player lacks depth but is only a minor problem. Overall top game!
  9. ErilD.
    Aug 4, 2002
    I have it and it is my favorite game after rogue leader.
  10. KanwarD.
    Jul 26, 2002
    It's wicked.
  11. Bob
    Jun 29, 2002
    This game is the Goldeneye of the millenium. The graphics are the best ever, and the gameplay gives you many different options. This game is easier than the rest, but the graphics, sound, guns, and everything else makes up for that. Invite your friends over and you will stalk and kill all night long.
  12. TTaboo
    Jun 27, 2002
    What is this crap!!! NIntendojo is a total nintendo bias website towards a nintendo. They would probobaly give superman a 10. Who has heard of game informer. NExt time my weinie itches i will use this game to scratch it. The main button that always made me fall off cliffs was the worthless C-pad. Hopefully Metroid Prime will make up for this inncolence for the G CUBe and FPS's.
  13. JamesKTR
    May 21, 2002
    This is the best Bond game out there. You should all buy it not just rent it. Some of the levels are relatively easy but its still fun to kep doing them over and over. Igot the game the first day it came out and been playin it ever since. When you get it you will know what I mean. Multiplayer is better than Goldeneye I really like the new trip mines they are good for small levels and usin This is the best Bond game out there. You should all buy it not just rent it. Some of the levels are relatively easy but its still fun to kep doing them over and over. Igot the game the first day it came out and been playin it ever since. When you get it you will know what I mean. Multiplayer is better than Goldeneye I really like the new trip mines they are good for small levels and usin the jetpack with low gravity I was in the air for about 20 minutes. So this game is a 9. Expand
  14. Kevin
    Apr 1, 2002
    I think it's time that all shooters stop being compared to the untouchable gold standard of, well, Goldeneye. People play Bond for multiplayer, and although strafing is MUCH more difficult in this version, it's still got the goods, with creative touches like the claw that makes my little brother a wannabe Spiderman and the plasma cannon that gets me even with him. Definitely I think it's time that all shooters stop being compared to the untouchable gold standard of, well, Goldeneye. People play Bond for multiplayer, and although strafing is MUCH more difficult in this version, it's still got the goods, with creative touches like the claw that makes my little brother a wannabe Spiderman and the plasma cannon that gets me even with him. Definitely worth at least a rent if you have some friends to play with. Expand
  15. NateZ.
    Mar 25, 2002
    Great Game, with a lot of replay value. Some of the levels are pretty easy. Some of them, as soon as you beat them once, become as easy taking a piss in the morning. As for the graphics, they look great. The cars that you get to drive look next to real. I only wish they would have thought ahead and put an online multiplayer feature in the game so that when the broadband adapter comes out, Great Game, with a lot of replay value. Some of the levels are pretty easy. Some of them, as soon as you beat them once, become as easy taking a piss in the morning. As for the graphics, they look great. The cars that you get to drive look next to real. I only wish they would have thought ahead and put an online multiplayer feature in the game so that when the broadband adapter comes out, we could play it online. Expand
  16. ShawnM.
    Mar 25, 2002
    It is fun and you can play it for pretty long but it wasn't as challenging as other bond games. Games should quit getting easier and easier to beat. Can eat the game on OO agent in about a little less than 5 hours.

#18 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2002

1. Game Informer
    One of the only games to really succeed at incorporating multiple gameplay styles into one package and doing all of them well. [May 2002, p.85]
  2. Even though it is on the easy side, this game will keep Bond fanatics coming back till the next game.
  3. Really fun!...In the end, this game is nothing like "Goldeneye." That’s a good thing in my opinion.