Mario Kart: Double Dash!! GameCube

8.5

1. RickN.
    Dec 6, 2003
    I went out and purchased MK:DD. I wasa expecting a completely new game. Unfortunatly it borrows too many elements from the older Mario Kart games. It felt almost identical to the N64 version. The things they added seem tacked on and could have been overlooked if it didn't seem recyled with a new plastic wraper. I saw the broadband insignia on the back so I assumed that they finnally I went out and purchased MK:DD. I wasa expecting a completely new game. Unfortunatly it borrows too many elements from the older Mario Kart games. It felt almost identical to the N64 version. The things they added seem tacked on and could have been overlooked if it didn't seem recyled with a new plastic wraper. I saw the broadband insignia on the back so I assumed that they finnally released another online game... not to be true I'm afraid. They turned it into LAN. How many people would drag 4 TV 4 Gamecubes and 4 Disks just to use the LAN feature? Not many I'm sure. I would of liked to give it a better score but I simply can't bring myself to eaise it any higher. Sorry. Expand
  2. lala
    Jan 27, 2004
    The grafik is very bad bad gameplay the game is a oke for nintendo.
  3. JonathanQ.
    May 9, 2008
    I'm a big mario kart fan but this is a rubbish generic racer - a disgrace to the whole series you may find it fun - but as a mario kart - it is so far from what we loved about mario kart from the snes, n64 it is a stupid gimmick with 2 players - just poor and made me cry, it was such a big disappointment.
  4. AlC.
    Nov 14, 2007
    Wo!!! This game sucks, the animation is blury and the effects are too fast, its too much to control. Way over the top dullness.
  5. AndrewC.
    Nov 14, 2007
    Dull stuff, two people on a kart, so many obstacles, this is stupid, double dash is double dumb brainless fun.
  6. Feb 23, 2013
    This game is horrible. Why? Well let me tell you this. First up, the controls. The controls are HORRIBLE.
    Your characters move all over the place while driving, resulting in colliding with walls, CPU players or even items you would normally easily avoid like bananas or shells. Second, the tracks. They are not designed well and some of them are actually really frustrating (Like the Wario Stadium or the ice stage). Next up is the soundtrack. For me, soundtrack is the most important thing in a video game and yeah.. that is lacking in this one. Not memorable at all and some are just a pain to listen to. The only real good soundtrack in the game comes from Rainbow Road, the final track in the game. It's also the only acceptable race track in the game. Next up are the graphics, which are honestly not that bad! Colorfull and sparkling, they really take full advantage of the GameCube capabilities. So yeah.. finally a positive thing about the game haha. Next up is the difficulty IT IS INSANE. Due to the bad controls you will swing back and forth in the track, making it almost impossible to get even first in the 100 CC Cups.
    Plus the bad designed race tracks adding it all up makes for a very frustrating experience. The CPU will CRUSH you if you can't handle the controls and that's exactly what's gonna happen to new players to the Mario Kart series. Lastly the replay value. Like in Mario Kart 64, you can play the 50 CC, 100 CC and 150 CC all of which are easy or terribly hard, depending which one you choose. 50 CC is the easiest while the unlockable Mirror Mode is the hardest. But other than that, there is nothing else you can do in the game but that is understandable in a Mario Kart game; It was so before in the past so I won't call it a negative point. In conslusion, Mario Kart: Double Dash!! is one of the worst games i've ever played in my life. Bad controls, bad camera angle, bad level design, frustrating AI and forgettable soundtrack makes this one kart game you DON'T want to ride.
  7. Jul 25, 2015
    This is the worst game I've ever raced. After analyzing this game with a team of Nascar racers, we've all come to the unanimous conclusion that this game is painfully unrealistic and dangerous to the young and stupid minds of our children. Allow me to elaborate.

This game teaches our children that driving recklessly and drive-by shooting is okay. It also teaches them that spending time with a kidnapping turtle on steroids and a barrel-throwing monkey is the right thing to do.

Contrary to what you might believe, it is physically impossible to drive a car on a rainbow. Maybe if the creators had actually done their homework, they could have avoided such gross mistakes in the capabilities of refracted light.

I don't approve of this game having unlockable characters and maps. It's clear that they should have had all content available for purchase. Cause if there is one thing I love, it's buying a game and then forking over even more money to the developers so that my character can wear a blue cowboy hat instead of a green one. I only had to spend 14 bucks on this game! What a ripoff! I should have had to give over at least 30 more.

I also hate that this game involves teamwork by allowing two people to drive/operate the same kart! I hate teamwork, I hate all my friends, and I don't need to be reminded how frustratingly lonely I am! Get your head in the game Nintendo. No one will ever buy any of your games unless you start making good content. I don't even know what a Nintendo is!

So what we have hear is just some game no one has ever played or heard of. And it will do nothing but crash and burn.
  8. Nov 14, 2015
    I recently was feeling erect so I whipped it out. I whipped out my Gamecube. It was dusty and the skin was peeling off it but it still worked. I opened the disc drive and then Ii had a wank. But after my wank I looked and seen doubledash was in there, I decided to play it!!!! I played for 78 hours straight and as every hour went by a dribble of seaman cam out ma cock. It was gr8 b8 m8 r8I recently was feeling erect so I whipped it out. I whipped out my Gamecube. It was dusty and the skin was peeling off it but it still worked. I opened the disc drive and then Ii had a wank. But after my wank I looked and seen doubledash was in there, I decided to play it!!!! I played for 78 hours straight and as every hour went by a dribble of seaman cam out ma cock. It was gr8 b8 m8 r8 8 out of 8 IGN fish suck ma balls and Dinosaurs. Expand

#2 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2003
#5 Most Shared GameCube Game of 2003

1. Weekly Famitsu
    9 / 9 / 9 / 9 - 36 platinum [Vol 778]
  2. Yeah, we'll say it: Mario Kart: Double Dash is the most fun you'll have with a game this year. And probably next year. And maybe even the year after that.
  3. Between opponents' backseat bombers, traps, and other natural threats (breaking waves, thunderbolts), you'll need much more than a good drift technique to finish first.