Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes GameCube

• Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Mar 9, 2004
9.0

1. Jun 21, 2011
    This game is possibly, one of the best games ever made for Nintendo GameCube system. A great remake of a great Sony PlayStation classic. It has grate gameplay, as well as a well polished interface, intense cut sequences, and all the things you wish you had in the original, including new weapons and the dog tag system from Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty. All-in-all, it's easier and hasThis game is possibly, one of the best games ever made for Nintendo GameCube system. A great remake of a great Sony PlayStation classic. It has grate gameplay, as well as a well polished interface, intense cut sequences, and all the things you wish you had in the original, including new weapons and the dog tag system from Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty. All-in-all, it's easier and has better graphics then the original for the Sony PlayStation, and I've played both. If you want to play the first Metal Gear Solid I recommend this. Expand
  2. Sep 11, 2011
    The remake of the classic MGS is as awesome as the original , heck, you even see Solid Snake act like a badass character . The gorgeous graphics is a nice paint for the crude visuals of the old one. Silicon Knights added some new scenes to the old cut scenes , like a better interaction with Snake vs our favorite Cyborg Ninja. While Metal Gear Solid Twin Snake is just an update to the oldThe remake of the classic MGS is as awesome as the original , heck, you even see Solid Snake act like a badass character . The gorgeous graphics is a nice paint for the crude visuals of the old one. Silicon Knights added some new scenes to the old cut scenes , like a better interaction with Snake vs our favorite Cyborg Ninja. While Metal Gear Solid Twin Snake is just an update to the old one, it falls short to reach excellence ,also, this could have been perfect for the PS2 . But , forget those two negative views , this is fantastic . Expand
  3. JoeyD.
    Mar 14, 2004
    Don't listen to Chimp. If this game was on PS2 he would have given it a 10. This game is awesome. It has the best cinematics of any game I've ever seen (and the bloodiest), and stealth killing guards is incredibly addicting.
  4. AdmirH.
    Oct 31, 2003
    Metal Gear Solid is one of the best games ever. Combined with new generation graphics, god knows what it can do. I cried after i shot up sniper wolf. You feel like sutch an a...hole after shooting up bosses :(. exept for liquid, may he burn in the pit of hell *shakes fist*
  5. ChrisM.
    Mar 11, 2004
    I loved the original Metal Gear Solid, and when I heard that a remake was on the way, and that remake was being tackled through a collabration consisting of Konami, Nintendo and Silicon Knights, I about lost it. I mean MGS on PSX was awesome, and to see it reborn as an exclusive GameCube title, I was blown away. This game rocks, it's incredible, the new cinematics, updated graphics. I loved the original Metal Gear Solid, and when I heard that a remake was on the way, and that remake was being tackled through a collabration consisting of Konami, Nintendo and Silicon Knights, I about lost it. I mean MGS on PSX was awesome, and to see it reborn as an exclusive GameCube title, I was blown away. This game rocks, it's incredible, the new cinematics, updated graphics. I couldn't put it down. Any and all fans of the MGS series need to play this remake, it's more of a director's cut than anything. If you don't own a GC, find someone who does, or spend the $99 bucks and buy one. It's money well spent with the quality titles available on Nintendo's next-gen platform. Play MGS:TS...NOW! SNAAAAKE!!! Expand
  6. BenD.
    Jul 26, 2005
    It's the original MGS with updated graphics and contols. What else do you need to know? Oh, and the Psycho Mantis battle still rocks.
  7. DanielM.
    Nov 9, 2004
    Still the best stealth shooter ever.
  8. JesseS.
    Jun 18, 2005
    A true gaming gem. The graphics are updated from the original, naturally. Gameplay is similar to Metal Gear Solid 2, adding first person view and better A.I. The controls may seem strange at first on a GameCube controller, but they take little to no time to get used to. One of the main complaints I have seen is that there aren't any new areas, and that its the same game, but A true gaming gem. The graphics are updated from the original, naturally. Gameplay is similar to Metal Gear Solid 2, adding first person view and better A.I. The controls may seem strange at first on a GameCube controller, but they take little to no time to get used to. One of the main complaints I have seen is that there aren't any new areas, and that its the same game, but honestly, what would you expect a remake to be. And the gameplay additions make up for whatever could be percieved as lost. If you are a die-hard fan of Metal Gear Solid, and would like to play the game with updated graphics and gameplay, then you should at least consider a rental. Expand
  9. Mar 5, 2011
    Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes is a remake of a title that originally came out on the Play Station in 1998. It features entirely redone graphics and game play to match the 2001 PS2 title, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. Needless to say it's a much welcome update and that, among other additions lead to what amount to one of the best action titles on the Gamecube.
  10. Jun 12, 2013
    The original Metal Gear Solid on the PSone virtually invented the stealth genre. Alongside its original gameplay and clever set pieces it featured a twisting narrative, in which Solid Snake attempted to infiltrate an Alaskan nuclear missile disposal facility occupied by a terrorist organization, which took story telling in video games to a new level.

A few years later Metal Gear Solid 2

A few years later Metal Gear Solid 2 was released. Adding tighter controls, including first person aiming, and much improved graphics it never quite lived up to the original. With Twin Snakes however gamers where given the best of both worlds as series creator Hideo Kojima teams up with Nintendo to remake his original masterpiece with the controls and graphics of its sequel. The result is the ultimate Metal Gear Solid experience.
  11. Nov 15, 2014
    Nintendo consoles get awesome metal gear remakes. I recommend both this and snake eater 3d. I really enjoyed this. Awesome game. The cutscenes are more badass, I don't see why they get hate.
  12. Jun 26, 2013
    Take all the awesome advancements of Metal Gear Solid 2, mix them together with Metal Gear Solid, and what do you get? The Twin Snakes.

This is an awesome remake of the original PS1 classic with all the improvements of its sequel. The stealth is great, the boss battles are ridiculous, and the story is compelling. A must buy for anyone with a Gamecube.
  13. JeffB.
    Apr 6, 2004
    This was my first time playing a Metal Gear game since I was never much of a PS2 fan. When I turned this game on from that moment on I new it was going to be good. Its gameplay was a little difficult at first. When I got a gun though, I was unstoppable. The videos in this game are great, the battle scenes resemble somethings you'd see in the matrix, I just wished it were a little This was my first time playing a Metal Gear game since I was never much of a PS2 fan. When I turned this game on from that moment on I new it was going to be good. Its gameplay was a little difficult at first. When I got a gun though, I was unstoppable. The videos in this game are great, the battle scenes resemble somethings you'd see in the matrix, I just wished it were a little longer. They still had that classic match with Psyco Mantis, and oh yeah, its a rated M game on the game cube, which is very rare to be seen, so of course if you like to see blood and hear vulgar language but have only game with Mario and Link in them, then this game has the kick ass action that you need. Expand
  14. Chimp
    Mar 10, 2004
    No doubt this is a fine game, however I am insulted that it is only on GC. However, this does not touch upon the masterpiece MGS2, nor is it as good as MGS when it first came out. But, Go ahead, It's a fine remake, even though the addition of FPS mode makes it a little bit easy. At least....haha....the PS2 gets MGS3!
  15. Dec 18, 2013
    If you can play this version over the original. The only people that critizises it seems to be playstation fanboys. Gameplay is much improved and agraphics are the same as MGS2.
  16. Feb 9, 2014
    Metal Gear solid the twin snakes is a remake/ re packageing of Metal Gear Solid 1 and Metal Gear Solid 2 rleased for the nintendo gamecube. I cant say anything about this game that hasent alreayd been said. THis games cinematic gameplay cutscenes boss fights music chracters writing voice acting and controls are all so perfectly ace its orgasmic. THIS GETS MY COMPLETIONIST RATING OF: COMPLETE IT
  17. Dakidski
    Mar 23, 2005
    PAL users beware! Lazy port with no 60hz option. Not optimized for PAL territories. Choppy graphics and slowdowns. You will be better off with the Bleemcast version of MGS on Dreamcast.
  18. JulianN
    Jun 24, 2008
    Terrible controls, story line, AI.
  19. SeanT.
    Mar 28, 2004
    Few games really merit treatment of this nature, yet this one really did as time had not been as kind to the visuals as one might hope. Unfortunately, merfing with perfection is something I take great offense to and since some idiot felt compelled to not only re-record the entire voice track, alter the script (not completely, but more than it EVER needed) and THEN hire possibly the worst Few games really merit treatment of this nature, yet this one really did as time had not been as kind to the visuals as one might hope. Unfortunately, merfing with perfection is something I take great offense to and since some idiot felt compelled to not only re-record the entire voice track, alter the script (not completely, but more than it EVER needed) and THEN hire possibly the worst voice director possible to suck all the raw audible drama right out of the actors... I feel more than a little slighted. Considering MGS was easily the best example of voice acting ever made, they ought to have simply left it well enough alone. The game itself is pretty much exactly what it was five years ago with minor additions and alterations marrying the ideas of MGS1 & 2 together into an interesting hybrid. Hardcore fans will have to judge for themselves (personally, I'm very conflicted...Good visuals, crap audio.), but anyone never having played the original should get this ASAP and join the rest of the world in the title which broke the boundries of what videogames are. Expand
  20. Kevin2
    May 23, 2004
    It's great fun when it gets going, but there are too many videos and not enough game. The story is also over the top and highly over-rated.
  21. BigB0SSNakedSnake
    Feb 11, 2006
    One of the better games for GameCube. However, it is crap when being compared to the other MGS games. Get the original for PlayStation.
  22. PepeJ.
    Dec 30, 2004
    Es un buen juego, aunque creo que me gusto demasiado que acabé terminandolo muy rapido y conforme me lo terminaba con mayor dificultad, me lo pasaba mas rápido. Cuando lo acabé en una dificultad muy buena y con muy buen tiempo, ya lo odiaba.
  23. DavidM.
    Mar 7, 2004
    !!!!!Greatest game ever since Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty!!!!!
  24. MamaMia
    Jun 20, 2004
    God is this one heck of a fun game!
  25. MarkS.
    Sep 6, 2003
    Meatal Gear Solid was the best game I ever played, even if the graphics did suck. Now that they're remaking it I can expect nothing but good things.
  26. Steve-OA.
    Oct 2, 2004
    This game is incredible. I have to say that I've been neglecting my little cube for too long, and I wanted something fun, but familiar, so I bought this, it's awesome. I loved MGS 2, but, sadly, I've never played numero uno(probably because I was seven and didn't know how to play or understand the convoluted storyline.) I love this game and anyone who likes action and This game is incredible. I have to say that I've been neglecting my little cube for too long, and I wanted something fun, but familiar, so I bought this, it's awesome. I loved MGS 2, but, sadly, I've never played numero uno(probably because I was seven and didn't know how to play or understand the convoluted storyline.) I love this game and anyone who likes action and has a cube should pick it up, hell, even MGS vets should check it out just to see all the new sh.t. Collapse
    Jan 26, 2004
    Played beta version and all I can say is WOW!!!!! Its amazing what new technology (gamecube) can do to re-establish a classic game. I only gave this game a 10 because I was unable to give it 11. LOL:)
  28. Nemesis
    Feb 7, 2004
    Real metal gear fans know that these type of games are better on ps2, but this game is a kickass. The music is perfect and the animated fights with new moves inspired in the matrix are a perfect combination. the sory is the best ever made, and this time it's even better. If you liked mgs solid snake, sons of liberty and you are dying for playing snake eater, you need to play twin snakes.
  29. ThtrnuN.
    Feb 9, 2004
    Bloody good fun.
  30. ThomasB.
    Apr 4, 2004
    It is brill, i love it it is stealth one part adn shoot em up the next.
  31. DavidA.
    Jun 25, 2004
    It might not be the best game of all time but I have to admit it came close, Silicon Knights did a awesome job when it came to graphics.One of the things I loved the most were the videos,and in my opinion this is the stealth/action game ever.
  32. WiardJ.
    Feb 9, 2004
    simply brilliant.
  33. ColeC.
    Mar 8, 2004
    This is the coolest game in the world. im a metal gear fan and this breaks the line between cool and AWESOME!!!! this has great graphics and story(cus is MGS 1 redone) and overall the coolest game ever!
  34. RyanM.
    May 27, 2004
    This game has enough spunk to bring in newbies to the franchise, and enough new contents to keep those loyal fans of the ps1 version.
  35. HoratioB.
    Mar 28, 2004
    I am very cautious about handing out a 10 but this game earned it. I sadly have to say that I had never played a Metal Gear game before TS and what an introduction it was! The creativity in gameplay is mind boggling (I tip my hat to the battle with Psycho Mantis). A great game that is not to be missed by Metal Gear fans and new players alike.
  36. Feb 23, 2012
    havent played it? go buy a gamecube right now and pick this game up. just as good as the original, just with better graphics. story is fantastic, fun easter egg things, stealth camo is awsome, the ninja is great. voice acting, controls are the same as mgs2. the first title in the american saga of metal gear solid 10/10
  37. Aug 1, 2012
    Awesome game. A bit too cheesy and over the top though. Lessens the realness that the other games evoke.
  38. Oct 21, 2013
    the best nintendo gamecube game
    well...the second,after resident evil 4
    its an awesome game. it had a good gameplay
    better graphics and a good story
    the twin snake was excellent
  39. May 28, 2014
    Graphics: 8.5 Sound: 10 Gameplay: 9.5 Fun/Story: 10

One of the best games all time remastered for GC with improved graphics. Although GC possibilities were not explored to the maximum and the result it´s 9 game, that should be 10, if the visuals were even better.
  40. Mar 23, 2015
    Fantastic game! Never played metal gear solid so I decided to pick this one up since Ive heard great things about this version as well as better graphics. I love it! Such a great stealth game! Highly recommend it!
  41. Jul 20, 2016
  42. Nov 9, 2015
    Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes is an interesting game. It was a collaboration between Nintendo and Silicon Knights. Twin Snakes is a remake or the PS1 classic Metal Gear Solid. The story is given new life and a fresh coat of paint. The most obvious is the graphical overhaul. Using the same mechanics and engine as MGS2: Sons of Liberty the Twin Snakes remains one of GC's best. The new visualsMetal Gear Solid Twin Snakes is an interesting game. It was a collaboration between Nintendo and Silicon Knights. Twin Snakes is a remake or the PS1 classic Metal Gear Solid. The story is given new life and a fresh coat of paint. The most obvious is the graphical overhaul. Using the same mechanics and engine as MGS2: Sons of Liberty the Twin Snakes remains one of GC's best. The new visuals and mechanics make the game the definitive version in my opinion.

Now some might say that Twin Snakes was too over the top. I find this ironic considering the Metal Gear series as a whole is over the top. I call this the Over the top fallacy. The very premise of Metal Gear is itself over the top. A lone super soldier infiltrating an enemy base to destroy a bipedal nuclear armed robot is certifiably over the top on its own.

If you have a gamecube and haven't played this and are looking for a classic? Look no further. This is simply one of the best.
  43. Jan 31, 2016
    Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes is a title that aims to revive the original Metal Gear Solid, by giving it better graphics, and adding all of the MGS2 mechanics to it. Well,does it work? The answer is yes and no, the cut scenes in Twin Snakes are like the MGS2 cut scenes, except washed out and saturated, which makes them very cringey to watch. I would honestly rather watch the originalMetal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes is a title that aims to revive the original Metal Gear Solid, by giving it better graphics, and adding all of the MGS2 mechanics to it. Well,does it work? The answer is yes and no, the cut scenes in Twin Snakes are like the MGS2 cut scenes, except washed out and saturated, which makes them very cringey to watch. I would honestly rather watch the original PS1 pixelated cut scenes than watch the ones in Twin Snakes. The gameplay is exactly the same as the gameplay in Sons Of Liberty. I have already gone over the story of MGS1 in my other review. One other problem in this game is i don't understand why this game is a GameCube exclusive, a lot of PS3 and XBOX 360 players could really benefit trying this game out. Apart from that, Twin Snakes is a worthy remake of the PS1 classic. Expand
  44. Aug 7, 2016

#7 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2004
#7 Most Shared GameCube Game of 2004

1. Weekly Famitsu
    9 / 8 / 10 / 9 - 36 platinum [Vol 798; 2 Apr 2004]
  2. The A.I. of the genome soldiers has been drastically improved—they're able to hear and see you much better, even from above and below. If Snake is detected, they'll coordinate their searches and look in every room—and when it comes to looking under nondescript orange boxes, they're total jerks.
  3. There's not much here to renew interest for old fans (save the most dedicated), but for everyone else prepare to be amazed - Solid Snake is back!