8.8

1. JoseM.
    Dec 3, 2004
    One of the greatest games for GameCube.
  2. AB
    Jan 3, 2005
    This is one of the most compelling and immersive games to be released in years.
  3. MarkS.
    Nov 18, 2004
    Reviewers are actually deducting points because of the added multiplayer element that players and fans demanded for? Are the reviewers at Gamespot stoned or something? This game is simply the best of 2004.
  4. Mr.T.
    Nov 2, 2004
    Heck, why stop at best Gamecube game ever? This might be the best game ever! Wait, scratch that, the best piece of entertainment ever! No, the best work of art ever made! Even better, the best thing to ever be fashioned by human hands! The pinnacle of God's creation! The height of evolution! The zenith of human existence!
  5. DannyD.
    May 1, 2004
    If this game is anything like the first, my vote's already been cast!
  6. Chuck
    Mar 4, 2005
    This game was even better than the first. More enemies and more weapons and thats all shooting games need. This game was defientaly the greatest first-person shooter I have ever played. Call me crazy if you wish but I thought this game even surpassed Halo and Halo 2.
  7. RolL.
    Apr 1, 2005
    One of the top games i've played on the GameCube... Hours and hours and hours of gameplay. Superior to the first Metroid just because the Bosses are so great.
  8. Geckat
    Jun 3, 2005
    Who cares if the multiplayer was got old and boring within two hours? This is still my favorite game ever for single-player. The storyline is amped-up since the last one. The graphics, bosses, and hardness likewise. I'm still trying to beat Quadraxis in Hard mode, and I've been playing about two hours a day for the past two months. But ít's the first time you play Who cares if the multiplayer was got old and boring within two hours? This is still my favorite game ever for single-player. The storyline is amped-up since the last one. The graphics, bosses, and hardness likewise. I'm still trying to beat Quadraxis in Hard mode, and I've been playing about two hours a day for the past two months. But ít's the first time you play it, you get that warm feeling inside that you used to when you were seven. You heave a huge sigh of relief, and realize that there's sweat dripping down your shirt, and everything in the end makes it so that if you had really just defeated the Emperor Ing yourself, it would all be worth it. Best game ever. Expand
  9. DanielF
    Jul 26, 2005
    Not as good as the first Metroid Prime, but is still amazing! Just remember Nintendo, the ammo system for the beam weapons does not work n Metroid Games!
  10. IvyI.
    Mar 10, 2007
    Yes, this is the best single player shooting game I have ever played. The story,the environmental worlds, the weapons, and the creatures. A must get game for all.
  11. AdamF.
    Sep 17, 2007
    Simply put, Metroid Prime with style.
  12. TimothyR.
    Nov 12, 2004
    To good to be true!!!!!!!
    Nov 14, 2004
    Awesome gameplay, awesome graphics, awesome music, awesome atmosphere, fun-but-flawed multiplayer. awesome experience.
  14. JuanV.
    Nov 20, 2004
    This game is amazing in every single way. the graphics are stunning, the music is great, this game is just a masterpiece. plus the addition of multiplayer just makes this game perfect. this is a must own game, period.
  15. EdocS.
    Nov 22, 2004
    If you enjoy not having a really good time your wasting your friggin time with this game. God likes Metroid, so why don't you?
  16. NateH.
    Nov 5, 2004
    Game kicks ass!!!!!
  17. MetroidRules
    Nov 7, 2004
    It's Metroid but better!
  18. DavidH.
    Dec 22, 2004
    I liked it, in fact I LOVED it. Sme ov you gyz kannt spel reely gut, ya dig?
  19. Samus
    Sep 10, 2004
    I can't believe I played a demo of one of the most anticipated sequels of all time. It's the most gorgeous Gamcube game ever and probably will be the best Gamecube game ever.
  20. JasonH.
    Jan 11, 2005
    A-W-S-O-M-E no other words required.
  21. DanielH.
    Jan 14, 2005
    I'm giving it a 10 because it had the best grafics I've seen since the first one came out. But I think they went over the top with the ammo on the light beam and dark beam where if you waist the last one on a room that is a dead end you cant get out at all and you have to turn it off and start all over.
  22. JustinB.
    Oct 3, 2005
    A more realistic world, more indepth story, and a much more epic feel coupled with great new additions and the same solid gameplay make MP2 an excellent sequel to what remains one of the best games of this generation.
  23. MarkH.
    Feb 17, 2005
    The sheer beauty of this game llies not in the undoubtedly amazing graphics and gameplay, but in something deeper. the "metroid" feeling that metroid games are designed around: that feeling of being lost and alone on a completely alien world, with no choice but to press forward; it's so, so prevalent here, in all the things that have changed. so many mainstays of the metroid franchiseThe sheer beauty of this game llies not in the undoubtedly amazing graphics and gameplay, but in something deeper. the "metroid" feeling that metroid games are designed around: that feeling of being lost and alone on a completely alien world, with no choice but to press forward; it's so, so prevalent here, in all the things that have changed. so many mainstays of the metroid franchise are gone, such as the familiar beams and suits used in every metroid game up to this point, replaced by something alien and unfamiliar. the entire mechanic of the planet aether is something absolutely unheard of in a metroid game. and finally, there is nary a sight of an actual metroid anywhere in this game. the way echoes plays this feeling of uneasiness, alienation, and outright dread is outright fantastic, and it makes it one of my favorite games of all time. Expand
  24. DavidR.
    Mar 15, 2005
    I think it is the best game in the world nintendo should be please what they have done.
  25. JonathanG.
    Mar 14, 2006
    Stylish menus and better graphis than the first. The story is even better than the first. Multiplayer isn't all that great though.
  26. DennisB.
    Jul 18, 2006
    One of the best games I ever played!
  27. DeanK.
    Aug 1, 2006
    One of the BEST gamecube games out there now.
  28. Benchex
    Nov 12, 2004
    This game kicks ass. The story is one of the deepest I have ever seen. You really feel alone in the new world.
  29. JSatti
    Nov 12, 2004
    Excellent art. makes halo2 look like digital excrement.
  30. MichaelH.
    Nov 19, 2004
    Yes, Mike B, let's change an award winning, almost perfect game that was fine tuned to the minutest detail...That will surely ensure that the game is loved...Hmm let's vote bad for MP2 being simliar to MP1, but lets give Halo 2 a good score. I think that that is REALLY fair. Go play Animal Crossing or something... Best game for GC right now. PERIOD.
  31. Andre
    Nov 21, 2004
    This game is as impressive a sequel as you're gonna find, considering that the original Metroid Prime was one of the greatest games ever created (Metascore: 97). It is a tremendous follow-up, make no mistake about it. Here's an interesting thing to consider; I feel that if it was this game and this storyline that came out 2 years ago instead of the original Prime, its metacritic This game is as impressive a sequel as you're gonna find, considering that the original Metroid Prime was one of the greatest games ever created (Metascore: 97). It is a tremendous follow-up, make no mistake about it. Here's an interesting thing to consider; I feel that if it was this game and this storyline that came out 2 years ago instead of the original Prime, its metacritic rating would have been at least as high, maybe even higher. If I compare both games alone, putting originality aside, I think this game is as good. Retro Studios has done it again. An awesome new 30 hour 3D Metroid adventure for us to enjoy while keeping that quality production and attention to detail intact. I can't say enough about how happy I am about this release. I played the multiplayer for the first time the other day. Many of the reviews so far have mentioned that they thought this part of the game was lacking, that is wasn't well done. Yes it isn't onliine, so its not gonna be as good as Halo or other brilliant multiplayers out there. Its meant to be a fun addition in case you have a few friends around and you want to have a little fun. Well, you know what, I thought it was a blast. I had low expectations going into it for the first time, but I can safely say, from an objective standpoint (believe me, I have no problem saying it sucked), it was a blast to play. My friends and I were very impressed. It was the most fun I've had since the days of split-screen multiplayer for Goldeneye (N64). Retro has successfully added a cool multiplayer option to a game that would have been brilliant if it was only single-player campaign. Basically it comes down to this: If you even remotely like Metroid Prime, you'll love this game, plain and simple. Its just as good. And now, for the first time ever, you can invite your friends over to play some Metroid with you. How cool is that? Expand
  32. SamusAran
    Nov 20, 2004
    Perfect Game!! Theres nothing to complain about this game.
  33. BillyC.
    Nov 24, 2004
    Absolutely magnificient. this game will be very popular amongst hardcore gamers, however casual gamers won't be interested in this. however before playing metroid prime 2, you will have to finish the first game, which has easy bosses apart from the last two. the bosses battles in MP2 are very unique and there nothing about that. plus metroid prime 2 has a very different feel to itAbsolutely magnificient. this game will be very popular amongst hardcore gamers, however casual gamers won't be interested in this. however before playing metroid prime 2, you will have to finish the first game, which has easy bosses apart from the last two. the bosses battles in MP2 are very unique and there nothing about that. plus metroid prime 2 has a very different feel to it from the first one. And the new upgrades for samus are mind blowing. even though they are from previous metroid games. my final word is that don't miss your chance to play it. and once you play it you'll love it. Expand
  34. ZacharyM.
    Dec 11, 2004
    A wonderful combination of stratagy and action.
  35. F.H.
    Jan 14, 2005
    This is a very good game.more to scan more to do and more kicking the bosses a*s.
  36. HiBy
    Jan 14, 2005
    It is soooooo good! hey there should be a book like Halo books.
  37. RyanC.
    Jan 19, 2005
    Sheer Perfection. My absolute Favorite Game.
  38. TylerK.
    Jan 31, 2005
    This is the best game I have ever seen. awesome graphics. great gameplay.
  39. JohnB.
    Mar 29, 2005
    This game has a fun 1 player mode that reminds me of a mix between Zelda: The Ocarina of Time, and the James Bond games. It is complicated but very fun to play. The multiplayer mode is the funnest I have played on the Gamecube since Timesplitters 2 came out. Me and my friends have spent hours on multiplayer mode. Metroid Prime 2 is an all around great game.
  40. YousefR.
    Apr 11, 2005
    Clearly the second best game nintendo has created besides resident evil 4.These are clearly the first games you should think about buying for gamecube.
  41. AdamT.
    Sep 14, 2005
    Graphics are improved. Storyline genuine and original. Metroid Prime 2 is probably the best "sequel" game ever made, while not as "groundbreaking" and "revolutionary" for the Metroid series as Metroid Prime(1), it improves on all the insignificant imperfections it's predecessor had, completely as entertaining as the last if not more.The only thing that's broken in this game is Graphics are improved. Storyline genuine and original. Metroid Prime 2 is probably the best "sequel" game ever made, while not as "groundbreaking" and "revolutionary" for the Metroid series as Metroid Prime(1), it improves on all the insignificant imperfections it's predecessor had, completely as entertaining as the last if not more.The only thing that's broken in this game is the multi-player because although it's sort of addicting it's put to shame by titles like Halo which focus so much on their multi-player functions. All in all, Echoes offers as great as Metroid adventure can be, the best part if the third is as good, then ill be happy. Expand
  42. AtomN.
    Apr 25, 2006
    Best game I've ever played in my life. Many people say they don't like multiplayer, don't listen, it's awesome. Perfect game.
  43. Fly
    Nov 13, 2004
    Looks very stunning!
  44. GeorgeY.
    Nov 16, 2004
    Garry W, pretend that it didn't have a multiplayer function like the first one if you can't tolerate it... This is one of the best games of all time. If I had to show an alien species or a civilization in the past an example of a video game, right now this would DEFINITELY be it.
  45. DannyM.
    Nov 16, 2004
    The only reason this game isn't 10/10 for the user reviews is the Halo 2 fans, who have to blame their repeat game upon someone...and who better to do it on than Gamecubers?
  46. DemonicAngel
    Dec 12, 2004
    Where more recent big-name games tend to bet everything on snazzy graphics, or pack as much extra stuff in as possible to give the illusion of great depth, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes creates a huge, believable world with wonderful graphics and masses of gaming goodness to chew on. It retains the strengths and weaknesses of its predecessor, but the former vastly outweigh the latter. The only Where more recent big-name games tend to bet everything on snazzy graphics, or pack as much extra stuff in as possible to give the illusion of great depth, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes creates a huge, believable world with wonderful graphics and masses of gaming goodness to chew on. It retains the strengths and weaknesses of its predecessor, but the former vastly outweigh the latter. The only bad thing is that it has to end at all. By far the best of this year's big releases. Expand
  47. TONY
    Dec 15, 2004
    The experience is so astonishing. It has some of the best graphics on the Gamecube. Cutscenes are just way to awesome, gameplay likewise. MP2 owns all!
  48. Wow!!!
    Dec 24, 2004
    Wow this is the best game I've ever seen on gcn.
  49. DavidL.
    Dec 27, 2004
    How can people reduce the score based upon multiplayer? JUST DON'T PLAY IT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT! I don't see Halo losing points for the extras they included in multiplayer that nobody likes or uses. Furthermore, everyone is docking this game points for being simliar to Metroid Prime. Game scoring should be ABSOLUTE, not RELATIVE. Think about this game just as a game, not as How can people reduce the score based upon multiplayer? JUST DON'T PLAY IT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT! I don't see Halo losing points for the extras they included in multiplayer that nobody likes or uses. Furthermore, everyone is docking this game points for being simliar to Metroid Prime. Game scoring should be ABSOLUTE, not RELATIVE. Think about this game just as a game, not as a continuation of another game. If you compare the two games, MP2 should be very close to or even equal to MP. In addition to this, I can't see how all the critics give Halo 2 such a high score even though it's VERY similar to Halo, and infact, a majority of the gamers even thing that Halo 2 is worse than Halo. I find this very disconformting as it throws ALL of the other scores in this site into question. What do the critics thing? Will Microsoft shut them down or something? LOL... Anyways, this game is near perfect in virtually every sense. Sure the multiplayer was a let down, but you don't dock a game for extra stuff they included! In conclusion, I guess that I will have to continue my search for an unbiased rating system to guide my purchasing of games.... P.S. I commend Metacritic for including a user rating section as this is at times more accurate than the ratings themselves. Keep up the excellent work. Expand
  50. ChrisP.
    Nov 11, 2005
    The multiplayer is, unfortunately, the games biggest flaw. The autoaim makes the task of killing someone far too easy. Which, by the way is horribly annoying. However, the main game... is unbelievably good. The atmosphere is without equal. The world you have to explore is just so incredibly well designed that you can spend hours wandering the lush forests or the dry arid lands looking for The multiplayer is, unfortunately, the games biggest flaw. The autoaim makes the task of killing someone far too easy. Which, by the way is horribly annoying. However, the main game... is unbelievably good. The atmosphere is without equal. The world you have to explore is just so incredibly well designed that you can spend hours wandering the lush forests or the dry arid lands looking for those last few items. The balance of difficulty might put some people off, but if you can overcome the harder bosses you will find a game that gives you an excellent single player experience. Expand
  51. Jan 4, 2011

Metroid Prime (Trilogy)
    Banjo-Kazooie
    Resident Evil 4
    Tetris DS
    Words with Friends (Scrabble)
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Mike Tysonâ
  52. May 26, 2011
    I liked this game better than its predecessor because it's easier. Not only that, but this FPS looks great. The dark, brooding atmospheres, accompanied with eerie music make for a chilling experience, especially when you turn around to see an alien making a beeline towards you.
  53. Oct 27, 2011
    the best gameplay ive ever experienced,full of puzzles action and platforms, technically flawless MASTERPIECE
  54. May 16, 2013
    The graphics and controls for Metroid Prime 2: Echoes are very good and the boss battles are challenging and great. But I didn't care for the mutli-player mode because the modes that's offered in it is very limit.
  55. Aug 29, 2013
    Metroid prime 2 echoes is my absolute favorite in the series. I did play this on metroid prime trilogy so I won't talk about the controls. The story is amazing even if it is simple and straight forward the graphics are great but again I am playing on the Wii. I know that one of the biggest complaints id the fact that your beams use ammo I think that's one of the best parts of this game inMetroid prime 2 echoes is my absolute favorite in the series. I did play this on metroid prime trilogy so I won't talk about the controls. The story is amazing even if it is simple and straight forward the graphics are great but again I am playing on the Wii. I know that one of the biggest complaints id the fact that your beams use ammo I think that's one of the best parts of this game in metroid prime 1 when you get a new beam it is stronger and you never have to use the weaker power beam but in echoes it causes you to be smart when should you use certain beams it make the game much more challenging. If you are on the fence about buying it I would say get it it is well worth your money Expand
  56. Jun 16, 2014
    While not quite as good as the original, Metroid Prime 2 Echoes still contains the excellent immersion, atmosphere and level design. It is also darker and more challenging than Prime. If you didn't like Prime you won't like this, but if you did you'll love this also.
  57. Jul 19, 2014
    Even though this game is harder than the original, I still finished with a higher percentage than the first. That says something about how enjoyable this game is.

Amazing graphics, which are enhanced a bit on the trilogy-version on Wii, along with those great motion-controls, making the game intuitive and amazing to control. This is such a master-crafted game, so much thought is put

This is such a master-crafted game, so much thought is put into it, a true masterpiece indeed.

If you haven't experienced the Metroid Prime trilogy, you've missed out on the top 10 greatest games ever made.
  58. May 27, 2014
    Graphics: 9.8 Sound: 10 Gameplay: 10 Fun/Story: 10

A beautiful, natural and darker sequel of Metroid Prime. Perhaps not having the same surprise factor, but a really great game.
  59. Sep 30, 2014
    This right here folks is not only the BEST Metroid game, but one of the best games of all time. Metroid Prime 2 is everything I want in a video game. It has AMAZING gameplay that is fun and challenging. The exploration is fantastic. This game is also home to some of the most atmospheric songs in all of video games. Areas such as Torvus Bog and Sanctuary Fortress are very interesting toThis right here folks is not only the BEST Metroid game, but one of the best games of all time. Metroid Prime 2 is everything I want in a video game. It has AMAZING gameplay that is fun and challenging. The exploration is fantastic. This game is also home to some of the most atmospheric songs in all of video games. Areas such as Torvus Bog and Sanctuary Fortress are very interesting to explore and have great atmosphere. The sense of isolation, while not as good as Prime 1, is still very good. If you haven't played this masterpiece, I feel bad for you! Expand
  60. Jan 9, 2015
    If you played Prime 1, all you need to know about Echoes is that it's darker, more complex and more difficult. Other than that (and slightly superior graphics) it's more Metroid Prime, which is a good thing.
  61. May 3, 2015
    Es la secuela de la perfección (Metroid Prime), ademas agregando nuevas mecánicas (Aether y Dark Aether), munición, excelente música, exploración y puzzles de todo tipo.
  62. BenjaminB.
    Mar 22, 2007
    If you liked the first part, buy it. it is a classical sequel, with no great changes in gameplay. as good as the first part.
  63. JeffR.
    Jan 23, 2005
    I find it to be a whole lot of fun to "discover" the past history of this ravaged planet and the races that inhabit it - i dont think there is a single game ever that has been so genuinely believable, and the writing and intuitive scanning features have a lot to do with that. the story feels collected, never shoved down your throat. there is a lot ot say for the subtlety of echoes. TheI find it to be a whole lot of fun to "discover" the past history of this ravaged planet and the races that inhabit it - i dont think there is a single game ever that has been so genuinely believable, and the writing and intuitive scanning features have a lot to do with that. the story feels collected, never shoved down your throat. there is a lot ot say for the subtlety of echoes. The visuals are flat-out astonishing, wth lush organic environments spanning the entire adventure and some of the absolute best art direction ever to come out of any game studio (this easily gets my best graphics nod for the year). the backtracking can get tedious sometimes, and i would have definitely appreciated a "save-anywhere" feature (getting killed right after finally beating a boss after numerous attempts is NEVER fun), but the pros heavily outweigh the cons on this one. 9.5/10 Expand
  64. DerekD.
    Jan 7, 2005
    The best game for the Gamecube but the only drawback are the save points are hard to find when you need it.
  65. O.D.
    Jan 17, 2005
    Not as good as the first but still an unmissable game superior to halo 2.
  66. PeteP.
    Jan 18, 2005
    Great game. Live up to par with Metroid Prime. Great graphics, story, gameplay, sound, and music. If your a Metroid fan you must purchase this game. If you like adventure games you must purchase this game. If your into si-fi you must buy this game. This woman kick some butt! The story itself is creative and the inclusion of two different worlds, dark and light, and the added mystery of Great game. Live up to par with Metroid Prime. Great graphics, story, gameplay, sound, and music. If your a Metroid fan you must purchase this game. If you like adventure games you must purchase this game. If your into si-fi you must buy this game. This woman kick some butt! The story itself is creative and the inclusion of two different worlds, dark and light, and the added mystery of Dark Samus make this story stand out . Expand
  67. JasonC.
    Jun 14, 2007
    Almost as enjoyable to play as the first Metroid Prime game, but having to go through the alternate "dark" levels which were similar to the "light" levels was bit redundant.
  68. JakeK.
    Nov 18, 2004
    I can't believe games are rated for what they should be and not for what they are. I'm about 2 hours into the game, my jaw has dropped a few times within the first few minutes of play. If you're sick of mindless shooting, give this game a try.
  69. AramisG.
    Nov 23, 2004
    This review is only for true Metroid lovers so prepare for some hair splitting. Ok I loved this game, but I won't give it a 10. I believe MP was the best game I have ever played, however it had a few problems. MP2 likewise is an amazing game (I favorite it overall to MP) but there are those issues from MP1 that remain unaddressed in MP2. Firstly, like MP, MP2 isn't big or long This review is only for true Metroid lovers so prepare for some hair splitting. Ok I loved this game, but I won't give it a 10. I believe MP was the best game I have ever played, however it had a few problems. MP2 likewise is an amazing game (I favorite it overall to MP) but there are those issues from MP1 that remain unaddressed in MP2. Firstly, like MP, MP2 isn't big or long enough. I don't suck at videogames (like some of the reviewers who thought MP2 was too hard. One of the reviewers from EGM even recommends you get a guide if you are new to the series. If you can't handle this boo hoo go play Halo 2 so you can walk through the last few levels in comfort.), and I found it a little easy. There isn't anything here on the difficulty level of say the Omega Pirate (even the Space pirates go down pretty easily or just disappear). Why would Retro waste everyone's time with a half-baked multiplayer game (did anyone really want this? I haven't even tried it.) instead using those resources to make MP2 a fuller and longer experience? Metroid games should be epical, since when was 20 hrs the standard for a "long" game? Secondly, the level design feels a little claustrophobic. The level of detail in this game is superb (that's right I own glitchy patchy loading Halo 2 and it can't touch MP2 single player) but there are few open spanses. Things just feel too tight here. Thirdly, the light suit, spin attack, echo visor and the devastator beam are all totally awesome and totally underapplied in this game. Simply compare the last battle of MP with that of MP2. Lastly, please never ever ever give me ammo when it come to the blasters (missiles & power bombs I can understand). I wanted to have fun wasting everything with the different beams but instead I found myself always rationing them like they were precious. I dream of a 40 + hrs long Metroid game that is freakin really hard and really big. Now before I go I would like to say a word about Metroid Prime Hunters since I have now played the demo. It looks awesome and I actually like the controls..... but what the hell kind of game is this? Timed mindless shoot-a-thons suck, are dated and are completely why people play Metroid games instead of other FPS. The best way to get people to "think differently" about Samus is by evolving the existing concepts of exploration, puzzles, AI and weapons. Please give us a real Metroid DS game, this is the Mario-kart/tennis of Metroid games. Expand
  70. JoeG.
    Dec 18, 2004
    Awesome game that's very long and fun. can be to challenging at times, but that partly why I love it. mutiplayer is what drops my 10 to a nine. If it had awesome mutiplayer it would be the best game i ever played. it just is decent.
  71. Feb 21, 2015
    Continuing the successful formula of Metroid Prime, Echoes provides a similar, yet visually unique experience for fans of the series. They made some minor improvements from the first game and there are a couple details I'm not a fan of. Overall, the game is just as exciting and visually pleasing as Metroid Prime. The scanning mechanic is improved and the graphics are tweaked to give theContinuing the successful formula of Metroid Prime, Echoes provides a similar, yet visually unique experience for fans of the series. They made some minor improvements from the first game and there are a couple details I'm not a fan of. Overall, the game is just as exciting and visually pleasing as Metroid Prime. The scanning mechanic is improved and the graphics are tweaked to give the game it's own feel. I did not like the ammo restriction for certain beam weapons but having a limited supply of certain ammo types does require a certain strategic approach to some situations. Echoes is my least favourite of the Metroid Prime Trilogy but is still a fantastic game in it's own right. Expand
  72. Nov 5, 2011
    While not as good as Metroid Prime, the improved graphics, the addition of new suits and powerups, as well as the light and dark world, makes this a very compelling experience that everyone should play. Lore is as good as always, bosses are very fun to kill, and the general feel of the game is very polished. And also, hard difficulty really means hard. Really. Also features multiplayer,While not as good as Metroid Prime, the improved graphics, the addition of new suits and powerups, as well as the light and dark world, makes this a very compelling experience that everyone should play. Lore is as good as always, bosses are very fun to kill, and the general feel of the game is very polished. And also, hard difficulty really means hard. Really. Also features multiplayer, but it's not very good to be honest. That would be the con of the game. 9/10. Expand
  73. Sep 10, 2011
    To me this is a far more superior game than the first game, it is more fun, has better looking graphics, great boss battles, and fantastic gameplay and music.
  74. Mar 21, 2012
    outstanding game......my friend insults nintendo a lot for no reason..............trully though i ony played an hour of this and i love this game............the controls might be alittle confusing at first which can tick people off with no patience........nintendo desercves praise and loades of credit...and if your like my friend who likes to insult nintendo because you have horrible videooutstanding game......my friend insults nintendo a lot for no reason..............trully though i ony played an hour of this and i love this game............the controls might be alittle confusing at first which can tick people off with no patience........nintendo desercves praise and loades of credit...and if your like my friend who likes to insult nintendo because you have horrible video game ystems like hime then dont say anything......i mean who seriously insults the wii or nintendo when you have only a ps2 to back you up...........ps2 has poor graphics which my friend likes to insult nintendo about if he cant think of anything..........all i can say is leave nintendo alone they did their job and they rock!!!!!!! Collapse
  75. Nov 24, 2013
    A solid and safe sequel to one of the best games ever made. It's not AS good though. It has a few pacing problems as you will be backtracking a lot, through light and dark. The dark world has the same layout as the light world so you'll be going through the same areas a lot. Being the hardest out of the series didn't make it more enjoyable. But if you persevere you will find that Prime 2A solid and safe sequel to one of the best games ever made. It's not AS good though. It has a few pacing problems as you will be backtracking a lot, through light and dark. The dark world has the same layout as the light world so you'll be going through the same areas a lot. Being the hardest out of the series didn't make it more enjoyable. But if you persevere you will find that Prime 2 does do a lot of things right like Prime 1. 9/10 Expand
  76. Jun 2, 2013
    It's probably the best game that was released that year (2004) and is a solid entry in a terrific series that has always offered deep and immersive gameplay. You could say that the first Metroid Prime is superior at a casual glance, but for some reason this one feels more satisfying on multiple playthroughs. Loses one point for the key quest towards the end, which is a bit tedious.
  77. Feb 2, 2014
    Very good sequel that builds on a lot of tried and true.
    That is not it so fascinating as its predecessor is logical.
    Despite it offers tons of gaming fun.
  78. Apr 28, 2011
    Metroid Prime 2: Echoes is -- in some aspects -- an improvement over the first game. Pros: Fantastic graphics and visuals; the gameplay is an excellent mixture of FPS and action-adventure elements. Cons: A tad bit too reliant on backtracking; the multi-player is unimpressive.
  79. Jun 14, 2011
    Though it's not quite as memorable as the first game, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes is an excellent sequel that's beautifully polished and -- in some aspects -- better looking. Pros: Excellent graphics, control, and sound; involving story; stunning visuals; challenging. Cons: No widescreen mode; weak save system; multiplayer feels secondary.
  80. Jun 27, 2013
    The original Metroid Prime was a masterpiece, without a doubt, so Metroid Prime 2: Echoes had I a lot to live up to. While it's not as good as the original, it's still pretty fun. The mechanics are just as solid as the first, the world is large and full of interesting environments, and the boss battles are all well done (except for the Boost Guardian). The light and dark world mechanic isThe original Metroid Prime was a masterpiece, without a doubt, so Metroid Prime 2: Echoes had I a lot to live up to. While it's not as good as the original, it's still pretty fun. The mechanics are just as solid as the first, the world is large and full of interesting environments, and the boss battles are all well done (except for the Boost Guardian). The light and dark world mechanic is interesting, but it really doesn't make the game any more fun. If anything, going back and forth between worlds is just a bit tedious. Also, the dark world is very annoying.
    This is still a great game, however it is a bit disappointing given it's outstanding first installment.
  81. Dec 23, 2013
    Hmmm... I loved the first Prime, absolutely loved it. This one I didn't love quite as much at the beginning. Maybe because it just seemed the first game couldn't be topped, and for some reason this one didn't reel me in right away. I even quit playing it halfway through. Then when I came back after a six month hiatus and tried picking it up again, I seemed to enjoy it much better. TheHmmm... I loved the first Prime, absolutely loved it. This one I didn't love quite as much at the beginning. Maybe because it just seemed the first game couldn't be topped, and for some reason this one didn't reel me in right away. I even quit playing it halfway through. Then when I came back after a six month hiatus and tried picking it up again, I seemed to enjoy it much better. The further you dig the better it gets. Expand
  82. Nov 22, 2013
    I'm giving this an 8 since the levels look the same especially Dark Aether. Sure it supposed to be dull and colorless since, well its Aethers dark twin. This game is a little more suggestive then the first Metroid Prime since enemies now are a lot more scary looking and sounds from them sound very vicious. Multiplayer is so so
  83. Mar 21, 2012

To match such thrill-a-minute environments, the level design, puzzles, and boss fights are all insanely original.
  2. Other than a few superficial tweaks and some vanilla, offline multiplayer, the rest is exactly like the first Prime.
    Whilst none of the levels quite match up to the stunning quality that was Phendrana Drifts, it is, as a sum of its parts, wonderfully evocative as a playing experience and induces the same level, if not more, of internal satisfaction that Prime achieved.