8.3

1. BEATTHEGAME
    Jun 20, 2007
    Very fun game to play. I am a former PS2 owner (now PS3) and it has wonderful graphics. the cars are of your wildest dreams and corect statistics. Feels awesome to blast the volume ad let the cars tak you through the game. Very addictive and very hard to beat.
  2. Yarg
    Jan 16, 2003
    Fun game. Choose the incar view and you CAN feel the speed the other views you can forget.
  3. mRant
    Dec 30, 2003
    I enjoyed this game first night out of the box. My daughter enjoyed placing on championship mode while I took on the man in hot pursuit. I've seen nothing inherently wrong with the game. It is a pure arcade racer, no sim. So if you like thrills without all the head scratching go for this offering from the nfs crew. I got it for 20 bucks...!
  4. HoodedJustice
    Sep 26, 2004
    The game is addictive. There may be some downsides but it's a definite buy. The speed is there and it's good enough to keep you going back until you get all golds.
  5. D.P.
    Jul 18, 2007
    I hesitated to get this game because of the reviews saying there were framerate issues. Well I've played it for over five hours and I haven't noticed any problems. It's an excellent game. Addictive gameplay. It's fun to be chased by the cops and to do the chasing. The graphics are lovely, some of best I've seen on the Gamecube. Don't hesitate to get this.
  6. SaintPuhn
    Oct 14, 2002
    Pros: i like the matrix camera shots. i like being chased by the cops. i like the variety in cars and tracks. Cons: framerate? strike one. graphics? strike two. adrenaline rush ditching the cops on the final lap? strike three. rant: its called hot pursuit. why do the cops give up so easily? *sigh*
  7. BobbyC.
    Dec 27, 2002
    It's the game I constantly turn back to. Excellent racing, decent variety of tracks and cars - good action overall! I like it!!
  8. JimmyM.
    Oct 28, 2002
    I love the cars, love the speed, love the game!!!!!!
  9. AnoukP.
    Dec 14, 2005
    Hot Pursuit 2 is a great racing game; by the way, the rest of versions of this game do not feature as much differences as the press usually point out. The frame rate is not 'terrible', and graphics are crispier than those in the blurry NFSU & NFSU2. In terms of fun, Hot Pursuit 2 is also much more enjoyable than the 'underground' spinoffs, and its background music is Hot Pursuit 2 is a great racing game; by the way, the rest of versions of this game do not feature as much differences as the press usually point out. The frame rate is not 'terrible', and graphics are crispier than those in the blurry NFSU & NFSU2. In terms of fun, Hot Pursuit 2 is also much more enjoyable than the 'underground' spinoffs, and its background music is by far much more friendly for every listener than the stupid tracks in NFSU1 & 2. Maybe it was necessary to punish the GC version for something it does not have. But the truth is that Hot Pursuit 2 is one of the most satisfactory racing games I've played since Beetle Adventure Racing and Ridge Racer Type 4 Expand
  10. Jan 1, 2011
    Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 was one of the best Need for Speed games. It featured many cars that are rare to be in the Need for Speed series like the McLaren F1, the McLaren F1 LM, the Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR, the Ferrari F50, the Ferrari 550 Barchetta, the Lamborghini Diablo 6.0 VT, the Ferrari 360 Spider, the BMW Z8, and others. Plus, the instant replays were hilarious when you did likeNeed for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 was one of the best Need for Speed games. It featured many cars that are rare to be in the Need for Speed series like the McLaren F1, the McLaren F1 LM, the Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR, the Ferrari F50, the Ferrari 550 Barchetta, the Lamborghini Diablo 6.0 VT, the Ferrari 360 Spider, the BMW Z8, and others. Plus, the instant replays were hilarious when you did like 18 barrel rolls and you were wondering if the whiplash was intense enough to kill you. Speaking of intense, one the the most outrageously intense parts was when the cops were throwing bombs and spike strips at you while you were trying to race against everyone. On top of all that, you could be the cop and arrest racers! This game is composed of great memories, intense scenes, awesome cars, and rare amazing features. Expand

1. Packs in lots of game play and replay value, with dozens of challenges set in beautiful locations. [Nov 2002, p.219]
  2. With plenty of racing challenges it should have a decent amount of longevity but their repetitive nature might grate for some.
  3. The sluggish pace may be a bit too much for gamers who need a fast and furious racing game, but those with the patience to get past the speed issue will find a good arcade-style racer with some great ideas.