Odama GameCube

8.0

1. K.C.
    Jan 31, 2008
    This game is so good, a real challange for even hardcore players. I think that the people who have rated it low just didn't try. They gave up because it was to hard, how sad for them. The final secret level is well worth the wait!
  2. TedH.
    May 28, 2006
    Anyone (magazines/websites included) that rates this game less than 80% doesn't understand this game. Which explains the disparity between user reviews, and so-called professional reviews. What we have here is one of the most original, intense, and wonderfully unique gaming experiences you'll ever see. It is magical, one of the require games of any GameCube library.
  3. EdG.
    Sep 9, 2006
    Under rated, missunderstood classic.
  4. DanT.
    Apr 21, 2006
    Yes this game is hard,strange,odd, frustrating,complex and at times brutaly random. But it still is the most fun I have had with the cube since it came out.
  5. BenG.
    Apr 20, 2006
    Odama is wonderful in ways I've never known before. It really captivates me everytime I sit down with it. I'm only half way through, but it certainly has my lasting support. It really has to be experienced, and I think it's even more fun with two people...one shouting the commands and the other controlling the Odama.
  6. TonyG.
    Jan 25, 2006
    can't wait. this folks is going to be an instant classic. trust me. it is fresh in ideas and gameplay. and will be nothing but somthing you have played before. after your 1st game you will not stop playing ... even years later you will find yourself picking it up over most of your most current games.
  7. RyanM.
    Apr 11, 2006
    This game is fantastic and offers terrific replay value. No, it isn't Grand Theft Auto: Gary, Indiana. This is a Nintendo game and will stand the test of time.
  8. JeremyH.
    Apr 14, 2006
    Even though this would rate a 9 out of 10 on the pure merits of its overall experience - there are a few rough edges - this is such an original game that it deserves an extra bump. Thoughtful pinball, with consequences? A great idea, and great fun.
  9. JustinD.
    Apr 14, 2006
    This game kicks total .... People give it bad ratings because it was hard. Well, I'm tired of easy games. If you grade this on gameplay and design alone, it is a wonderful game. People will be talking about it years from now as one of those unforgetable games.
  10. MarkY.
    Apr 23, 2006
    There's a quirky RTS going on in the middle of a fascinating pinball table! 12 different levels with different challenges, some with bosses. Voice commands used in a natural and fun way. The combination is unlike anything I've played before and its incredibly fun. Cool artistic, cultural and humorous touches too.

1. This is not pinball as we know it, but once again Nintendo comes up with a quirky take on an old idea. Very novel, but perhaps too complex for newcomers.
  2. Strategy and pinball? Right. It's better than it sounds, but not that much better. The world is probably a more interesting place with this game in it, but that doesn't necessarily mean your life will improve if you play it.
    The time limit is incredibly harsh on some levels and sometimes the computer seems to have an unlimited supply of men at its disposal. More problematic is the overly complex nature of the controls and the necessity to remember to use the microphone while keeping an eye on three different things at once.