7.9

1. Nov 6, 2011
    It is a unique game in the Pokemon series. Although you can't catch Pokemon in the wild, you do have a long storyline where you can catch Shadow Pokemon from other trainers and purify them to battle with a chance to train them.
  2. Sep 6, 2011
    There's almost no difference from Pokemon Colosseum compared to Gale of Darkness. The random RPG battles gets boring after a few continuos apparitions of the same trainers. From my perspective , don't play this console version, play the handheld version.
  3. Dec 13, 2011
    The one huge and I mean huge flaw of this game is that its so difficult and unless you put a massive grind into training then you wont get any where in this game. A lot of wasted potential here.
  4. Jun 20, 2013
    Finally! Pokemon brought to life! Although it's not exactly like the legendary games, Colosseum is as close as you can get to a console version Pokemon. It lacks some parts here and there, and in some cases is a bit too tough, it's good plot and fun gameplay overshadows those faults in this epic Pokemon installment!
  5. Aug 8, 2012
    I absolutely loved this game when I was younger, I liked having a story different to the usual scenario of starting your Pokemon journey at a young age and finding a rare level 5 pokemon and going through the cities, especially through the fact that you start with an Espeon and Umbreon, the story was fullfilling and memorable.
  6. Jun 19, 2011
    This is one of those games that I just plain hate, and really the gameplay isn't horrible. I have this sort of feeling about this game similar to that of the narrator of "The Tell-Tale Heart" towards the man with the hawk eye. Something about the graphics and music and repetitive battles really just annoy the crap out of me. It also could be that my brother loves this game and won't stop playing it - and this really annoying music just keeps hammering into my head, and then when I try to turn off the volume I still see those annoying graphics. It's one thing to have the same thing happen over and over again with the gameplay (being the Pokemon battles, cuz I'm fine with it in other games), but something about this game pisses me off. Expand
  7. Jan 8, 2011
    Whilst nothing new is bought to the pokemon world, there is nothing relatively bad about the game. The gameplay on the gamecube is better than that of the Gameboy, but there are no original villians to fight, and you are unable to catch any pokemon but shadow pokemon. On the upside, at least you get to see the great hairstyles of characters like Mirror B. Worth buying, but not worth playing to the end more than once. Expand
  8. Sep 10, 2011
    Its definitely not the best pokemon game ever made, and it especially isn't the best looking Pokemon game but it has fantastic music, decent gameplay, and a good amount of pokemon to catch
  9. Mar 31, 2014
    By far the best game I owned on my GameCube, I have replayed this game over 10 times and it just doesn't get boring. Everything from the characters, the awesome levitating bike that the main character rides, to the Pokemon in the game, to the graphics, to the storyline is perfect. A little off topic but if they make a sequel to this and XD: Gale of darkness on the wii U, I will gladly buy that console.

This was the best 3D pokemon game that has ever come out !
  10. Jun 6, 2013
    Very different from any of the other Pokemon games (aside from maybe PC XD) Colosseum is the true Pokemon JRPG. The game has a much darker tone than the other pokemon games, and it's gameplay is much different considering all battles are double style, and you can only catch so many pre determined pokemon (admittedly probably the games biggest weak point aswell as its strong point) so they were able to develop a unique challenge they couldn't with other Pokemon games. The soundtrack is really great and all the battle themes are good enough to want to hear again and again. There are awesome locations like Mt battle where you have to fight 100 battles, winning all 100 is one of the greatest feelings, especially if you do it in a special mode where if you win all 100 in a row you get a special prize. The main characters design is great, and it's fun all the way through Expand
  11. Mar 16, 2013
    I played this game when I was 14, more than 200 hours. It amazed me, but I missed the freedom of the game boy advance versions. Characters are cool, Pokemon animations, multiplayer mode...but it's an step back coming from Pokemon Stadium of N64. Lenght of the game is ok, 25-30 hours easily, and a lot of stuff to do after you end the game.

1. Its presentation is well below par, and the battles quickly become repetitive, but there remains an oddly addictive spark beneath its problems.
    An announcer might have been nice, but at least we're spared any potentially awful voice performances. You'll get more out of the game if you can get your GBA in on the action, but the mini-RPG isn't a bad addition.
  3. Just like the handheld Pokemon games, the graphics seem to be underdeveloped and the gameplay focus is really on catching, raising, and battling with the assorted critters, overshadowing the characters and story rather than supporting them. [Mar 2004, p.59]