Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc GameCube

8.5

1. PaulO.
    Aug 3, 2004
    A well made platformer, with tight controls and interesting environments. It's over all too quickly, though.
  2. Disappointment
    Nov 3, 2006
    A HUGE disappointment!!! I was REALLY looking forward to this game. Rayman 2 was a great game and I was only expecting the same when i bought Rayman 3. However despite being a graphically superior game to Rayman 2, with beautiful environments and awesome lighting, the gameplay is downright repetitive and boring. Throughout playing it, i was always hoping for that moment where it would get A HUGE disappointment!!! I was REALLY looking forward to this game. Rayman 2 was a great game and I was only expecting the same when i bought Rayman 3. However despite being a graphically superior game to Rayman 2, with beautiful environments and awesome lighting, the gameplay is downright repetitive and boring. Throughout playing it, i was always hoping for that moment where it would get exciting and fun but i never found it. Its just tooooo repetitive. There's only 1 way of attacking and that's with your fists, unlike other platform games where there's tonnes of different attacks. Yes it was the same in Rayman 2 but the story and gameplay in Rayman 2 was just better. This game brings nothing new to the table. The humour was actually sorta lame as well, and i didnt like how they made the characters speak english! i preferred their jibberish like in Rayman 2. I really dont know how this game got such good ratings!...because from reading them i was convinced it was a good game...but it looks like the reviewers that gave the game lower scores are the right ones this time. If i wanna play platform games i think i'll pull out my N64 and play some banjo kazooie or donkey kong 64....now they were awesome platformers! As for Rayman 3, it's going on eBay. Expand
  3. Jun 14, 2015
    This is really a 7.5. The graphics are really good! I wish it supported 480p. That said, this game's frickin hard. If you're expecting a basic platform, that's not the case. There's a lot of puzzle elements.

#57 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2003
#20 Most Shared GameCube Game of 2003

1. I loved playing Rayman 3, its fun, colourful and very funny... Just don’t be expecting either a major leap forward for the platform game genre or a stiff challenge as its lacking in both.
  2. It's pretty, it's quite a challenge, and is loaded with rewards. But you'll quickly come to the conclusion that for all its charms, it doesn't offer enough new ideas, and that its competition is just too strong.
  3. Edge Magazine
    There's a certain amount of wit and flair evident throughout Hoodlum Havoc's cut-scenes, and there are certainly some very slick production values. The problem is that, in terms of raw enjoyment, the game is somehow underwhelming. [May 2003, p.104]