• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Feb 11, 2002
8.3

1. Dec 14, 2014
    By far my favorite Sonic game! Great story, check! Awesome level design, check! Astonishing music, pretty much everything that I like in Sonic games in in this masterpiece. I know what some of you are thinking "You only like this game because you played it as a kid and your nostalgia blind BLAH BLAH BLAH This game sucks and you suck!" 1. MY OPINION! 2. I actually first played it when I wasBy far my favorite Sonic game! Great story, check! Awesome level design, check! Astonishing music, pretty much everything that I like in Sonic games in in this masterpiece. I know what some of you are thinking "You only like this game because you played it as a kid and your nostalgia blind BLAH BLAH BLAH This game sucks and you suck!" 1. MY OPINION! 2. I actually first played it when I was in 9th grade. Also 'Heroes was an example of a game that I used to love as a kid but nowa days I think of it as a mediocre game. I will admit, it's not for everybody but if your a fan of Sonic or platformers and you haven't played this game, at the very least give this game a shot. Expand
  2. Nov 22, 2014
    The best Sonic game. Buy it buy it buy it buy it buy buy it buy buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy buy it buy it buy it buy it bu
  3. Sep 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game surpassed all of my expectations! Sure this game has some flaws, but it doesn't mean it's a bad game. At first I thought it was going to be disappointing, but the moment I was going into the City Escape level, my mind was blown away. I played up to the part where you escape the island. I played the Dark Story and not an single frown was found on my face! Played it up to the Lost Space Colony part. Not to mention there is an special feature called the Chao World! To unlock it, find the special blue box, break it and there's the key to it! Want to raise Chao. You gotta figure it out yourself. Overall, this is an great game. 10/10. Expand
  4. Jul 15, 2014
    Sonic Adventure 2 is a step up in the presentation and step down in the gameplay department. Sonic Adventure 2 looks fantastic with much more detailed and realistic looking enviorments, smoother models, and better animations and lip syncing in game and in cutscenes. The soundtrack is also really really good despite the over use of the electric gutair. The soundtrack is not quite as aSonic Adventure 2 is a step up in the presentation and step down in the gameplay department. Sonic Adventure 2 looks fantastic with much more detailed and realistic looking enviorments, smoother models, and better animations and lip syncing in game and in cutscenes. The soundtrack is also really really good despite the over use of the electric gutair. The soundtrack is not quite as a varied as Sonic Adventure 1 and I prefer the soundtrack to Sonic Adventure 1 but Sonic Adventure 2's soundtrack is still pretty freaking good.

But that's kinda where my overall shower of praise ends. First off the plot has too many freaking plot holes to make it an engaging and great plot. Thre are 6 chracters but only 3 gameplay styles: speed, treasure hunting, mech shooting. Speed stages are fun and the best part of this game, mech stages kinda suck but aren't too bad. BUT THE GODDAMN **** TREASURE HUNTING STAGES. Oh boy okay so the radar in the treasure hunting stages works like this: instead of it detecting any piece of the merald when your close it only detects them in order making levels like metor herd, and mad space take **** forever depending on the random emerald placement. To be honest if I ever talk about how much I love this game im most likely talking about the speed chracters.

Before I give my final thoughts, the camera is absolute ass

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle has not exactly aged well. The graphics are really good and the music is nice. But with too linear level design, a **** up camera, and a story with plot holes bugger then my moms ass this game is worth playing but its not the most perfect game in the world like everyone says it is

FINAL SCORE: 7.3/10
  5. Jul 11, 2014
    There is probably a lot of nostalgia goggle wearing here, but i love this game to death. No game i have ever played has given me this much replay-ability save one. I don't know why i love it so much and i know it has its flaws (egg-man and tails, I'm looking at you) But the chao system is what brings this game to a 10. My god sometimes i play this game just for the chao because its so funThere is probably a lot of nostalgia goggle wearing here, but i love this game to death. No game i have ever played has given me this much replay-ability save one. I don't know why i love it so much and i know it has its flaws (egg-man and tails, I'm looking at you) But the chao system is what brings this game to a 10. My god sometimes i play this game just for the chao because its so fun to raise them and watch them grow and then train them and race them. Its a masterpiece in my honest opinion, however, it probably comes from nostalgia. Expand
  6. Apr 20, 2014
    I love this game as a kid, but there are a few issues. the camera angles can be pretty awkward at times, and the voice acting is awful, but if you are a sonic fan, you'll love the story, and it introduces shadow for the first time. I didn't always enjoy doing the knuckles and rouge levels but the other stages were tons of fun. the game is a bit frustrating in the last stages of the gameI love this game as a kid, but there are a few issues. the camera angles can be pretty awkward at times, and the voice acting is awful, but if you are a sonic fan, you'll love the story, and it introduces shadow for the first time. I didn't always enjoy doing the knuckles and rouge levels but the other stages were tons of fun. the game is a bit frustrating in the last stages of the game after completing the good and bad stories, but are also epic. the Chao garden is a fun little extra thing in the game that I will always remember. the biggest flaw is the awkward camera angles though and you end up dying a lot because of them. the game is a lot of fun is probably a 10 for hardcore sonic fans. Expand
  7. Mar 8, 2014
    What a disapointment this was.

The game's visuals, sound and general art design is not worth talking about as it's never really a really strong or really weak point of this mess of a game. It looks fine enough, sounds fine enough. The story is laughably bad with tons of plot holes and cheap plot devices, but it does make you smile or feel happy a few times, especially at the ending.
    What a disapointment this was.

The gameplays are the problem. There are three play styles, one is worth playing but is mediocre, the second one is completely uninteresting and frustrating, and the last one can't even qualify as a "game".

First is Sonic and Shadow levels, where you try to go at the fastest speed, catch rings and kill enemies to get the highest score and best grade. They're ok. Just "ok". Considering that Sonic Adventure had far better level design, this is a real letdown as it's supposed to be at least as good.
    The S&S levels have rides. Lots of them. Set pieces where you just go along the road, where you just watch Sonic and Shadow go down their roads. Some of these set pieces, like the jungle levels, can kill you if you actually try something else than just going up or right. You'll miss a spring and die, for example, so you have to follow the road like a good boy.
    There are almost no branching pathways which is a trademark of Sonic level design. The number of rides and set pieces where you just watch your characters go down their path is ludicrous and really brings down the value of those levels. They're still fun to play and have a great Sonic feeling to themselves, but they're not nearly as good as SA.
    On a positive note, the addition of rail grinding is truly a great addition to the series.

The second gameplay is Tails/Eggman(Robotnik) levels. They're s*** There isn't a way to say this nicely, I had absolutely no fun at all. Not one second, not one instance.
    These levels are supposed to be sort of a shooting/platforming section of the game. It's pretty glaring how they designed this to be a fun shoot'em up kind of gameplay, but they designed it awfully.
    The problem with it, is that you DO NOT shoot. Ever. Well almost never. You press a button and a laser will appear. Flail the laser around and it will recognise targets, and when you let go of the button a rocket launcher will shoot all the targets you painted.
    You NEVER feel like you're shooting something yourself. Quite probably because you don't.
    This system fails totally at giving you any kind of feeling for the shooting, so there's no fun to find. The gameplay falls flat on its face for the Tails/Eggman shooting.

The mech you control during these sections also have pretty clunky controls, which is natural, they're battle mechs.
    Now the big question is who thought that having battle mechs jump around moving platforms was a good idea?! That's an awful idea from the start! I quit this game tons of times due to falling a bottomless pit because of the mechs clunky controls, and adding that to the fact that these stages aren't fun, it really makes you wanna quit for good.

Lastly, the Knuckles and Rouge levels. You have to find 3 treasures as fast as you can in those levels.
    The only help you have is a broken sonar that sort of directs you to the item you want. Why broken? Well I'd love to know myself! SA had a perfectly good sonar that ringed more often the closest you got to the items, and you were helped if you asked for it. SA2's sonar DOES NOT ring more often the closer you get, so it's literally broken!
    More than that, the sonar from SA used to pick up items as you got close enough to them. You know, like a sonar does. Sonic Adventure 2's sonar works on a f*** you basis of picking up only the item it feels like picking up! That means that you can go through the levels entirely, miss two items really close to you, and have to come back because f*** you! To top it all off, the levels are also far bigger than Sonic Adventure's Knuckles levels, and that means that you will take so much time trying to find a needle in a haystack...

The controls are fine for Rouge and Knux but the level design and willingly broken sonar just ruin any kind of fun for them, of which there wasn't much in SA Knux levels in the first place. Oh and also sometimes you have a timer on yourself to make it even worse!

Lastly, the game's camera is just crap. The number of cheap deaths I had due to a camera not showing a pitfall or a trap or such is just ridiculous. I ended up quitting the game at a Sonic space stage around the end of the game because I died 10 times in a row, 8 of them due to the camera! For a 2001 game, this is just laughable.

Admittedly, when I tried to replay only the Sonic and Shadow levels of SA2, I found it a bit fun, but even then, it's not nearly as fun as SA's Sonic stages, which give as much play time, have more likeable controls and much, much better level design.

I'm never finishing this game and it clearly deserves a 2.
  8. Feb 5, 2014
    I remember getting this game when it first came out. I'm almost 24 now so you can do the math to see how long ago that was... lol. Anyway, this game was just amazing. The first stage was especially ingrained in my memory. I'm not sure why the critics gave such low scores. I mean, sure, the emerald stages were a little wonky but it was just a minor annoyance overall. I honestly wishI remember getting this game when it first came out. I'm almost 24 now so you can do the math to see how long ago that was... lol. Anyway, this game was just amazing. The first stage was especially ingrained in my memory. I'm not sure why the critics gave such low scores. I mean, sure, the emerald stages were a little wonky but it was just a minor annoyance overall. I honestly wish Sega would consider remaking this game with modern graphics in 1080p at 60 fps without changing anything in the game besides that. I know it would be a nostalgia trip but really... this game was a huge part of my childhood. :) Expand
  9. Jan 23, 2014
    Best Sonic game ever with the greatest soundtrack to any video game. Play this classic and you will not be disappointed. There are two stories one based on heroes and the other based on villains with 3 different types of gameplay and the story itself is well written and pretty emotional along with the voice acting of REAL actors. Multiplayer mode is also spruced up and contains moreBest Sonic game ever with the greatest soundtrack to any video game. Play this classic and you will not be disappointed. There are two stories one based on heroes and the other based on villains with 3 different types of gameplay and the story itself is well written and pretty emotional along with the voice acting of REAL actors. Multiplayer mode is also spruced up and contains more content than the original. There is also a Chao Garden minigame that is a game within a game where you raise a virtual pet and you can power it up with animals and drives that you get in the main game along with currency as well. All in all, this is a timeless classic and will always be the peak of Sonic The Hedgehog. Expand
  10. Jan 8, 2014
    My all time favorite Sonic game. It has everything i look for in a Sonic game: great level design, very fast gameplay, tight controls, a good story (for what it is), an amazing soundtrack, great replay value and fantastic multiplayer (the best of any Sonic game). While the game has it's flaws, like the nerfed treasure hunting levels (though are still fun) and the clunky controls of theMy all time favorite Sonic game. It has everything i look for in a Sonic game: great level design, very fast gameplay, tight controls, a good story (for what it is), an amazing soundtrack, great replay value and fantastic multiplayer (the best of any Sonic game). While the game has it's flaws, like the nerfed treasure hunting levels (though are still fun) and the clunky controls of the mech characters (especially Tails), the game is in my opinion the perfect 3D Sonic game. Expand
  11. Nov 9, 2013
    Sonic Adventure 2 Battle is a great, awesome game. This RULES! I love my chao, the stages are awesome (and sometimes hard), the bosses are GREAT! Usually for a game, I'd hate the stages and love the bosses, but this game has good bosses AND stages.
  12. Oct 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. sonic adventure 2 was originally released for the dreamcast, but because the dreamcast was failing, the game was ported to the gamecube under the name sonic adventure 2 battle. This is my favorite sonic game of all time. It really is a masterpiece, and one of the best games I've ever played. the plot is complicated, sonic is mistaken for shadow by the military and arrested, I still don't know how you could mistake sonic for shadow, they look nothing alike. and sonic has to escape, he has to go through earth and make it to the space colony ARK, and stop DR eggman and shadow's plans. well that's the hero story, now here's what happens in the dark story, you play as shadow, rouge, and dr eggman and you have to stop sonic, tails, and knuckles, from defeating them. now for the gameplay, the sonic and shadow stages are my favorite in the game, you run to the end of the stage and touch a goal ring to win, it's simple, but then there are tails and eggman stages. tails and dr eggman's stages are first person shooter stages and they basically are much slower versions of sonic and shadow's stages, there's some good platforming so that's okay. then there are knuckles and rouge's stages, the worst parts of the game, in these stages you have to find pecies of the master emerald, keys, and as rouge, chaos emeralds. the radar from sonic adventure has been messed up, instead of alerting you when you are near any emerald, it just wants you to find them in a specific order, you could be right on top of an emerald and the radar wouldn't go off until you found the one that it's looking for, and the clues are confusing, you have to already know the level like the back of your hand to understand these clues. In the stage "mad space" (rouge) the first clue is backwards, and the second clue tells you the exact opposite of where the emerald is. anyway, I can overlook all of the treasure hunting stages. and the final boss of the game is the prototype of shadow, it's the biolizard, I have no idea why the prototype of a hedgehog was a giant lizard it makes no sense. and the final boss is very hard, but the second phase the finalhazard is very easy, well, that's weird. and the soundtrack is AWSOME, it has some of the best songs i have ever heard in any video game. this game is a true masterpiece and I highly recommend it. if you have a gamecube, this is a must have. Expand
  13. Jun 28, 2013
    Sonic Adventure 2 is one of the best Sonic games around. The story (while ridiculous) is entertaining, the characters are awesome (such as Shadow, who's the coolest character ever in this game) and the gameplay is very well done. After this Sonic game, the quality of games began to deteriorate. So in a way this game is symbolic. It was the last good Sonic game before his slump in qualitySonic Adventure 2 is one of the best Sonic games around. The story (while ridiculous) is entertaining, the characters are awesome (such as Shadow, who's the coolest character ever in this game) and the gameplay is very well done. After this Sonic game, the quality of games began to deteriorate. So in a way this game is symbolic. It was the last good Sonic game before his slump in quality (until Sonic Colors).

Also, I'm pretty sure I put over 200+ hours into the Chao garden.
  14. May 5, 2013
    An underrated game that should be praised by its storyline, graphics and gameplay, with the exclusion of camera, some glitches and the bugged treasure hunting systems.
  15. Apr 24, 2013
    a very fun game. There is a lot to do, good challenges, and good gameplay. Also chao raising may be one of the greatest aspects of the game, but 2p mode needs more courses
  16. Mar 26, 2013
    People say this is Sonic's Best 3D outing and While I agree Colors is a much better product than this, While there is more replay value is this game than Colors it's overshadowed by those tedious Treasure Hunting Missions. Bottom Line: If you can find it cheap, I'd go for the Gamecube version because there's no sound mixing issues with this one what so ever.
  17. Dec 2, 2012
    Sonic Adventure 2: Battle was the first Sonic game to be released on a Nintendo console, and with it comes added and improved multiplayer features which needed to be unlocked first on the original Dreamcast version (hence the "Battle" subtitle). The game itself is a 3D platformer, much like its predecessor, Sonic Adventure. Unlike Adventure 1, however, are the gameplay styles. SA2 focusesSonic Adventure 2: Battle was the first Sonic game to be released on a Nintendo console, and with it comes added and improved multiplayer features which needed to be unlocked first on the original Dreamcast version (hence the "Battle" subtitle). The game itself is a 3D platformer, much like its predecessor, Sonic Adventure. Unlike Adventure 1, however, are the gameplay styles. SA2 focuses on three, rather than SA1's six. These three are: the high-speed platforming of Sonic and Shadow, the shooter sections of Tails and Eggman, and treasure hunting levels, handled by Knuckles and Rouge. The shooting levels in this game are, in my opinion, greatly improved over E-102 Gamma's shooting-based levels in Adventure 1, which are what these new stages owe their existence to. The treasure hunting stages are the opposite. This time around, they're HUGE, and with a neutered radar, what should be a 2-3 minute level can sometimes be 6-8 minutes long if you're unfamiliar with the level. They're my least favorite part of the game; I don't groan nearly as much when playing SA1's Knuckles stages. The fast platforming stages are, well, fast platforming. Sonic Adventure was more like the classic Genesis games but in 3D: multiple pathways that rewarded you for your outside-the-box thinking, basically. SA2's levels really only have one way to go, which either makes or breaks the game for most people. I'm in between. I can see how they wanted to add more thrill, rather than actual platforming, but until it ended with Sonic Colors, this trend was in every 3D Sonic game afterwards. As for the story, I think it does a great job of balancing serious and cartoon. It bigger, better and badder than Sonic Adventure's, which is what they were going for in the first place. There are inconsistencies and illogical actions, but the overall tone of the plot is great. The soundtrack has a lot of electric guitar in it, but the songs themselves are great. The electric guitar alienates a lot of people, but if you give the soundtrack a fair listen, you should see that it's really not bad. I think this game as a whole is a good game, with this version being the best. The new Xbox Live/PSN/Steam versions have terrible audio mixing. Actually, I have a confession to make: this was my first Sonic game, and because of that, I get huge nostalgia bursts when playing any version of this game. I could reenact any cutscene, if you wanted me to. This is my favorite game of all time. When it comes to being fair, however, I play fair. I could easily give this game a 10, no problem, but I want to be fair. This game deserves a 6-7. It's overrated. It's not the best game ever, it's a great Dreamcast game that has lost its charm due to age. No matter what anyone says, this will always have a special place in my heart, and that's all that matters to me. This is a finished game, and I'm glad I can play what the developers intended me to play, unlike unfinished Sonic 06. Expand
  18. Nov 5, 2012
    Is this the best Sonic game ever? No, probably not. Is this my favorite Sonic game? Definitely! I know this game has flaws and it really is not for everyone but as for me: camera wasn't a pain for me, I love the music, cutscenes, characters, gameplay, and story. I love the treasure hunting stages almost as much as the running stages (bet you thought you'd never see anyone say that, huh?)Is this the best Sonic game ever? No, probably not. Is this my favorite Sonic game? Definitely! I know this game has flaws and it really is not for everyone but as for me: camera wasn't a pain for me, I love the music, cutscenes, characters, gameplay, and story. I love the treasure hunting stages almost as much as the running stages (bet you thought you'd never see anyone say that, huh?) and the shooting stages are cool, too. Replayability is through the roof due to multiple missions and a ranking system. Oh, and don't even get me started on the Choa gardens! This game also ditches the hub worlds from SA1 in favor of a simple map, which I find a huge improvement. Even after nearly a decade of owning this game it still holds up, which is more than I can say for a lot of things I liked as a kid. Everyone should try this game at least once and if it's not for you just move on or check out the Genesis games. They're a lot of fun too! Expand
  19. Aug 25, 2012
    It's one of the more enjoyable 3-D Sonic experiences. Pros: Enhanced multiplayer and Chao garden; the Sonic/Shadow stages remain the funnest aspect of the game; soundtrack; GBA capabilities. Cons: Its camera and controls are still at their quirkiest; trial-and-error gameplay verses easy boss battles; the Knuckles/Rogue and Tails/Eggman stages are more frustrating than fun; lots of glitches.
  20. Aug 10, 2012
    I really do like this game. The story is well done, the gameplay is varied enough not to become linear, and boring, and the Chao Garden is extremely addictive. I spent most of my adolencence taking care of them. However, the cutesiness of it may turn some people off, which is understandable, but if you get over yourself, they can eat away years of your life, making the game have greatI really do like this game. The story is well done, the gameplay is varied enough not to become linear, and boring, and the Chao Garden is extremely addictive. I spent most of my adolencence taking care of them. However, the cutesiness of it may turn some people off, which is understandable, but if you get over yourself, they can eat away years of your life, making the game have great replay value.

Now that that's out of the way, let's criticize it. This is kind of petty, but the lip sinking is, um... bad at best. It's actually quite hilarious at times how bad it really gets! Also, there are problems with the story. Like, how does the military confuse blue for black with red? That's not a spoiler, because they make that clear very early on. It also has it's fair share of glitches, but most of them are good glitches, and are exploitable. Also, the game play switches between Sonic/Tails/Knuckles for the Hero story, and Shadow/Eggman/Rouge for the Dark story. The only problem is that if someone doesn't like one style of gameplay (because they're all different), then there's going to be at least 1/3 of the game that you wouldn't like. Sonic/Shadow have speed stages, Tails/Eggman have mech suits for shooting things, and Knuckles/Rouge are treasure hunters. So, that can be a problem. It wasn't for me because I liked most of the stages in the game. Ok, I'm done dancing around it, yes, the camera isn't very good. You can only control it with L and R, and can get stuck on things, but this wasn't too much of a problem for me, because it did an ok job of staying on you at least, and I've definitely seen worse camera in games. Again, this is my favorite Sonic game, flaws and all, so take that for what it's worth. I love this game.
  21. Aug 8, 2012
    This is the game of my childhood, it was absolutely amazing, and I will remember playing this for the rest of my life, even if the mechanics may not be so great and the glitches were there, I didn't care, I was happy to play and listen to the sonic theme tune all day long.
  22. Jun 22, 2012
    This is my favourite game ever and for good reason. The gameplay variety, speed, story, atmosphere and characters (which, suprisingly, Rouge and Eggman aside all the characters are quite believable). Scoring high is always rewarding and there is always a motivation to push forward. The story flows well and gaining new abilities makes the game feel fresh. The level design is quiteThis is my favourite game ever and for good reason. The gameplay variety, speed, story, atmosphere and characters (which, suprisingly, Rouge and Eggman aside all the characters are quite believable). Scoring high is always rewarding and there is always a motivation to push forward. The story flows well and gaining new abilities makes the game feel fresh. The level design is quite intuitive. Practically all the boss fights are exciting and require some thought as to how to defeat it, but not too much as it reaches the level of being frustrating. 10/10 Expand
  23. May 5, 2012
    I really enjoy playing this game on my Wii. I like taking care of my chaos' and collecting rings ingame so you can buy more stuff for your chao garden. I wish sega could bring back chao gardens in their games.
  24. Apr 27, 2012
    Best Sonic Game Ever. Along with Sonic Advance 3 and Sonic Rush, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle is my favourite Sonic game and one of the games that defined my childhood . Yeah, the camera is horrendous, the controls are quite sensitive and the Knuckles and Rouge stages are quite annoying but no Sonic game had more content, more fun and endless replay value than Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. TheBest Sonic Game Ever. Along with Sonic Advance 3 and Sonic Rush, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle is my favourite Sonic game and one of the games that defined my childhood . Yeah, the camera is horrendous, the controls are quite sensitive and the Knuckles and Rouge stages are quite annoying but no Sonic game had more content, more fun and endless replay value than Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. The soundtrack is awesome, the level design is fun to play through, the chao garden is surprisingly fun and deep and it is just wonderful nostalgia all the way Expand
  25. Mar 17, 2012
    Let's start with the good: The story is one of the most detailed yet, and it's the one to top in a Sonic game. The Chao Garden's Chao stats are a LOT better than the Dreamcast's "clever" use of the VMU. The Sonic gameplay is nowhere near as slippery as in the original Adventure. If you like the Sonic gameplay, you'll love this, and with the hub world removed, you can get right to theLet's start with the good: The story is one of the most detailed yet, and it's the one to top in a Sonic game. The Chao Garden's Chao stats are a LOT better than the Dreamcast's "clever" use of the VMU. The Sonic gameplay is nowhere near as slippery as in the original Adventure. If you like the Sonic gameplay, you'll love this, and with the hub world removed, you can get right to the level. Now, this isn't what the fans would call "The Greatest Sonic game Ever". The Mech and treasure hunting stages are absolute crap compared to the original Adventure (or at least DX, but DX is supposedly worse than the original so I'm pretty sure it still goes). Aside from glitches that carried over from Adventure, this is the only problem, but it's so bad it ruined the fun for me. The emerald radar was nerfed, and is inconvenient when you're on a timed level, like the one Rouge Level. The clues were absolutely useless, and in Mad Space, they would even flat out lie to you. The worst part? Without the Character select, you're forced to play these levels to get to the next Mech or Sonic stage. The mech stages aren't as bad, but they're definitely a step down from Gamma. It's nowhere near as engaging. Overall, it's an above average 3D platformer, but it certainly isn't the best. Expand
  26. Nov 20, 2011
    I found this game in a box in the attic and thought that I would try it out as the last time I played it way about 6 years ago. This game is the best sonic I have ever played and I have played my fair share. Its a really fun game for the younger the older generations so I would buy it if you can with a 2nd hand gamecube because it is worth it at the end of the day.
  27. Nov 6, 2011
    Sonic and his friends are back, but now they must stop Eggman and his new team of baddies. Sonic meets his clone, Shadow the Hedgehog, who teams up with Eggman and Rouge the Bat to achieve world domnination. It is mostly the same gameplay as its predecessor, but it is still the great Sonic we all love to play
  28. Nov 3, 2011
    Best Sonic Game to ever be released. The story is unparalleled by any games of it's time, and it's gameplay is loads of fun for anyone to play! Boss battles are a little more tricky than the simple bosses from Sonic Adventure, but are more fun to battle. The 2-player mode called for hours and hours of playtime with friends, and lots of fun at parties.
  29. May 19, 2011
    It fails at fixing a lot of the existing problems in the original DC version, but regardless, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle is still a moderately successful port with tons of multiplayer value. Pros: The variety in multiplayer mode is as fun as ever; additional Chao Garden features; lots of extras/secrets. Cons: The camera doesn't control well on the GCN's controller; frequent framerateIt fails at fixing a lot of the existing problems in the original DC version, but regardless, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle is still a moderately successful port with tons of multiplayer value. Pros: The variety in multiplayer mode is as fun as ever; additional Chao Garden features; lots of extras/secrets. Cons: The camera doesn't control well on the GCN's controller; frequent framerate issues; dated graphics. Expand
  30. May 5, 2011
    It's port to the NGC is certainly not flawless, but it's worth picking up if you don't have a DC. Pros: Multiplayer is as stellar is ever, having a variety of characters, stages, and power-ups to last all night; Chao Garden is addictive and has a lot of new features. Cons: The camera is worse on the NGC's controller; frequent framerate issues; some of the additional features feel worthless.
  31. Nov 20, 2011

1. The graphics are flawless. Super-smooth, fast, seamless environments stretch on as far as the eye can see. While the GameCube should easily be able to do this, it's the frenetic pace that makes it most impressive.
  2. Despite the messy structure, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle is still up there with the best of them, knocking most of the competition for six. And that's what counts. [GamesMaster Magazine]
    If you’ve played or owned the Dreamcast version though, there isn’t much new to do.