Sonic Heroes GameCube

7.7

1. Feb 2, 2017
    Because Sonic Heroes was originally a GameCube exclusive, this version of Sonic Heroes remains strong and the best compared to its other console ports released days later. If you truly want the best version of this game, get the GameCube version. Pretty neat despite its gameplay being a big modification of Sonic Adventure 2 and its story being poorly stale.
  2. Dec 18, 2016
    Sonic Heroes is one of the best Sonic games out there. It has a unique setup, being a platformer using 3 characters at once. Sure the voice acting can get a little annoying at times, but the gameplay is what really matters, and it's pretty good. I do kind of wish they wouldn't have removed the chao garden, but it's passable. I would recommend the GameCube version the most, at leastSonic Heroes is one of the best Sonic games out there. It has a unique setup, being a platformer using 3 characters at once. Sure the voice acting can get a little annoying at times, but the gameplay is what really matters, and it's pretty good. I do kind of wish they wouldn't have removed the chao garden, but it's passable. I would recommend the GameCube version the most, at least compared to the PS2 version. It's not bad, but the GameCube version looks and sounds better. Expand
  3. Dec 3, 2016
    The other versions are sorta....ehh..lets just say didn't turn out well but the Gamecube version was more solid and controled very nicely. Back than this game was received greatly but now people make fun of it just because its different but legend of zelda the wind waker is different and everyone loves that game, oh sonic is just bad cause one game. (I don't wanna say the game's name)
  4. Jul 3, 2016
    This game never makes me mad at all. Probably cause I'm good at the game. Well anyways, the game's controls feel good and fresh and the graphics look smooth and amazing. The story is cliche but it's alright. Gameplay is awesome and there is a lot of variety. I do recommend this game. One of the best gamecube and sega's best game of the blue blur.
  5. Apr 26, 2016
    While it isn't the worst Sonic game I have ever played, it could've been better. The main issue I have are the controls- sometimes it's a bit clunky with the Gamecube version atleast. I do like the idea having three characters with different abilities- speed, strength and flight. It can help with balancing the different characters depending on the situation.
  6. Feb 9, 2016
    This game is best enjoyed one story at a time and when you take breaks in between each team don't go each team one after another you will think that this game will be repative as all heck
  7. Dec 27, 2015
    This was my first sonic game. Until today i like it very very much, and it quite hurts to say it's not as good as i thought back when i was a child. I still think it doesn't get the compliments it deserves, but i can see why. The game itself is good, pretty good. Lots of sonic games tried to change the classic mechanic of the speedrun sessions of the blue hedgehog by adding other styles ofThis was my first sonic game. Until today i like it very very much, and it quite hurts to say it's not as good as i thought back when i was a child. I still think it doesn't get the compliments it deserves, but i can see why. The game itself is good, pretty good. Lots of sonic games tried to change the classic mechanic of the speedrun sessions of the blue hedgehog by adding other styles of gameplay, but most of them weren't successful, and that's what made the franchise fall in crises. Sonic Heroes is an exception, because the group mechanic is so good that i can almost say is as good as, or even better, than playing the classic speedrun sonic stages. I wouldn't bother the negative point if that was the case for all stages of the game, but it isn't, which bring some of the biggest flaws of the game. The gameplay is very good, both mechanics and most of the stages are very well designed, but there are some disappointments here and there: the controls can be very slippery and broken, which brings to a very frustrating experience more times than it should. Also, some stages are superb, but one third of them are quite tedious, and that wouldn't be a problem if you didn't have to play them 4 times to complete the game. That's the point where the game stinks. You have 4 different teams to play, with various difficulties. By itself, that's a nice idea, mixing different stories that eventually come together, and if it had been made as good as it was in Sonic Adventure 2, i would probably score this game way higher, but the fact that it is not is its biggest problem. The stories do not differ in any significant way, as you play through the same stages and experience the same events 4 times, repeatedly, together with a really bad voice acting and dumb scenes that could be removed without second thoughts. I can make two explanations to why sonic team decided to make such a tedious replay element: First, they wanted Sonic Heroes to be a very casual game, which you would eventually pick again after some months without playing it and, when you did it, you could choose different stories and experience (slightly) different gameplay. This can be an interesting idea for the replay element. Second, sonic team is just dumb and thought making the same game be played 4 times would be a nice idea (honestly i don't doubt it that much, they've made some pretty bad **** these days). But back to the first theory, by itself that's just an interesting idea for a replay element, but it's not good, and in sonic heroes is horrendous. Something like Mario Galaxy, for an example, is a game perfect for casual players, because it's not so hard and it has a variety of stages that makes it very enjoyable to play at any time. Casual gamers would play, for example, the sonic story and, eventually, like it, making them go play the dark team story after it. When they realize it's the exact same thing and that the uninteresting story doesn't attach the player by any means to the characters or their motivations, they would turn off the console and go back to the game when they next feel like doing it, but still having the notion the game would repeat itself 4 times, they would need 1) to be interested in playing the game again to get to its final, 2) to be interested in playing it again without motivation to get to any ending, which requires them to REALLY like the game, and eventually be surprised when they get there. In both cases the game or fails to be interesting as it makes the player go through the same thing again, making it a monotonous replay, or fails to be engaging in a short period of time, which is the second case, considering that, event loving the game, gamers wouldn’t reach the end in their first playthrough (I don’t think anyone would enjoy repeating the same thing 4 times in a row). Things get worse: the simple plot of the 4 teams has an element that, theoretically, creates a kind of cliff-hanger (but it’s so poorly made no one cares much about it), which is never solved in this simple plot. If the game wanted to be casual like it seems to be, trusting so much in itself that would make gamers go through it lots of times with different teams, it wouldn't put a cliff-hanger into that stupid plot, it would simply admit it is a stupid plot with some stupid conclusions and that's it. The game is not built for the final boss, but it throws a cliff-hanger and, with that, doesn't make itself so much a casual game that it's meant to be. It’s just a mess.
    Overall, again, the gameplay is very good and the stages are awesome, you can play with any team (except Chaotix) and it will be a very nice, but getting to the end requires a lot of patience, or an indescribable love for the game. Since you are not technically obligated to play all the 4 stories, i can say this game is pretty good, but since it's made with much more than just playing it once with any team, i can't help but shout those stupid flaws that it has.
  8. Nov 23, 2015
    First sonic game I ever played and I loved it one of the good sonic games out there but it still has flaws like its slippery and a little frustrating but you have to play this game all sonic fans should play this or anybody for that matter
  9. Jun 12, 2015
    Sonic Heroes is almost controversial throughout the Sonic fanbase. Opinions range from either amazing to okay, or to just downright awful. But the honest to goodness truth here is, that Sonic Heroes is underrated. This is an extremely fun game and I highly recommend it. The game isnt perfect but its close, why this game got it nearly 100% right! Lets look at the pros of this game first. 1.Sonic Heroes is almost controversial throughout the Sonic fanbase. Opinions range from either amazing to okay, or to just downright awful. But the honest to goodness truth here is, that Sonic Heroes is underrated. This is an extremely fun game and I highly recommend it. The game isnt perfect but its close, why this game got it nearly 100% right! Lets look at the pros of this game first. 1. Graphics. Now i know alot of people cover this when talking about Heroes, but the graphics are just beautiful! They have slimply held up amazing over all these years since its release! 2. Story. Alot of people criticize the story, but its nothing too shabby. But Team Dark's story is the most interesting and detailed. I won't go into detail though, I'd hate to spoil the game for readers. 3. Level design. The level design is very enjoyable, filled with unique gimmicks such as grinding rails, thrill rides, twists and turns, speed (of course), and the like. 4. Soundtrack. Boy is this one of the best Sonic soundtracks to date! Each game stage has a memorable theme that sets the vibe for the setting that you're in. Oh and the main theme and final boss theme will be guaranteed to be stuck in your head as well! 5. Voice acting. Not much to say here but this only has one flaw. They picked the wrong voice for Tails. They should've just used his Adventure actor, i have no idea why they didn't. Now for the cons. Only one real significant con and that is the controls and camera. Now i like my Sonic games with insane/run off the screen speed, but it can get a little out of hand sometimes, often leading to running into an enemy, falling off the level, etc. You can also thank the camera for parts of these problems. It can be deceving at times, especially the more open environment spaced out levels, whether you close miss a rail or miss a platform because the camera throws your aim off. But in the end, its a fun and memorable experience for almost any kind of gamer. If possible, avoid the PS2 version, due to existing issues such as low framerate, which is not present in other versions. The game used an engine so it could be easily ported to other systems, but was ported directly from the GameCube, which is why you hear that the GameCube version has the least issues. I highly recommend this game. Also available on XBOX and PC. Expand
  10. Mar 21, 2015
    Now this right here is a game worth every penny! (for those who loved sonic adventure)

PROS
    -Graphics
    -Music
    -Story
    -Gameplay

CONS
    -Glitches on ocasion
  11. Nov 27, 2014
    not the best sonic game but not the worst either, there were definitely elements of the game that were enjoyable. the game ultimately felt broken in the same way sonic adventure battle two was, but sab2 made up for it in great level design and gameplay, neither of those things are as great in this game but not s awful a sonic 06.
  12. Nov 22, 2014
    Having Knuckles, Tails and Sonic and being able to switch through the characters is a good idea and I think is fun. or the other characters, that are not them. However this game has crappy level design sometimes and game breaking glitches that make the game unpleasant. Is Sonic fast enough? Yes. But you have to switch through characters a lot. Also sometimes Sonic is too fast he's hard toHaving Knuckles, Tails and Sonic and being able to switch through the characters is a good idea and I think is fun. or the other characters, that are not them. However this game has crappy level design sometimes and game breaking glitches that make the game unpleasant. Is Sonic fast enough? Yes. But you have to switch through characters a lot. Also sometimes Sonic is too fast he's hard to control. An alright game, but there are certainly better Sonic games. Expand
  13. Oct 13, 2014
    Great game! Great story line! Its just that, some of the missions, do not make sense (Then again Sonic doesn't either. xD), and the camera is not that great on it, but I can handle it. I suggest trying to find and buy it.
  14. Mar 9, 2014
    I finished Sonic's story only, and did it because it was a Sonic game.

The team mechanic is a great thing that gives tons of depth to the gameplay without adding weight or annoyance. The visuals and sounds are pretty good, nothing very noteworthy in the music department though. The story is nonexistent, they put no effort in it at all. As for the gameplay, there's just two
    I finished Sonic's story only, and did it because it was a Sonic game.

The story is nonexistent, they put no effort in it at all.

As for the gameplay, there's just two things: one, you have to redo the same levels four times. Sure it's different with Team Chaotix, but even with only Team Sonic, Rose, and Dark, redoing the same levels 3 times is already a ridiculous way to pad the game.
    And then the big problem is that past the first levels which are fine, the controls show how wild and brutal they are. You almost always fall off and die due to controls that overreact terribly to your commands. You have to keep pacing yourself at all times. Use Knuckles' punches and see yourself immediately fly off the platforms in the later levels. The camera is also not that great, albeit better than SA2B.

For the casino levels, control is extremely unresponsive. For Rail levels, the wild control will make you die tons of times. The levels all have rides, although I think it's a bit better than SA2B. The bosses are usually piss easy but the bad control can still make you fall off the edge of a platform or such.

The bad controls and padding make an otherwise very fun game into a pretty annoying and repetitive mess.
  15. Jan 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Sonic heroes is amazing and without a doubt my favorite sonic game of all time, and i've played pretty much all of them except sonic 06. so in this game it has 4 different teams which are basically 4 different stories like in sonic adventure,and while you play as 12 characters, you play as 3 all as once per team. so you don't have to play though 12 stories to get to the final boss,and when i first thought the game thats what i thought i had to do. anyway the graphics, they are great and if you have the Gamecube/Wii component cables they are amazing, this game really pushes the gamecube's graphics and everything looks all shiny. now the story of the game is not as dark and confusing as sonic adventure 2's story but is more lighthearted and fun, team sonic's story is that they are trying to stop eggman from taking over the world, team dark's story is that they are trying to find eggman, team rose's story is amy is trying to find sonic, and big and cream are trying to find froggy and chacola, and team chaotix story is that they are trying to find a client who turns out to be eggman. and then in the last story it turns out metal sonic disguised himself as eggman, copied team sonic's data, stole froggy and chacola, and locked eggman in a room on the eggfleet, and did this all in one complicated plan to finally destroy sonic. now the gameplay, team sonic, it's like a regular sonic game, team dark is like the hard mode, team rose is the easy mode, and team chaotix is the mission mode. the characters are in teams of 3 one has speed formation which is the fast one, one has power formation which is for fighting enimes, and another has flight formation which is for flying for a short time. and each character has a level up system that levels up everytime you get an orb. unlike the sonic adventure games there is no treasure hunting and no robot shooting, just high speed platforming. every zone is two acts and a boss fight, it's like a 2D sonic game brought into the 3d world, and has the most platforming i have ever seen in any sonic game. the zones are beautiful to from, seaside hill, a green hill style level, to casino park, my favorite level in the game, to egg fleet, a giant fleet of airships.
    this game is very underrated and one comon complaint is that the stages are too long, this is true, but i actually love that they are, it means more high speed platforming fun. the music in this game is also amazing. this game is everything that any sonic fan would want in a sonic game, and its virtually perfect. now there are some flaws with it like the chaotix missions being tedious sometimes like the mystic mansion one where you have to light all of the torches in the mansion and there are a lot of them, and it took me over 20 minutes to complete that mission. and the special stages are horrible. but still this is my favorite sonic game of all time and gets a perfect score 10 out of 10.
  16. Jan 11, 2014
    Man, this game is a pain to play. But I sure love it to bits. I have found hours of enjoyment from the gameplay, even though at points it is a bit tough due to the camera. The graphics are almost perfect, but the voice acting is bad. The music is better than average, which is where I pull most of my enjoyment from a game.

This and Shadow the Hedgehog are definitely work the purchase.
  17. Dec 11, 2013
    I love Sonic Heroes. It brings back a lot of nostalgia from when I was little. Sure, this game has it's flaws, but I forgive it because I have had a lot of fun playing this game and I will remember it for a long time. The soundtrack is amazing and memorable too. I will always remember the main theme song, although I never understood the words clearly. :)

Soundtrack: 10 Gameplay: 9.8

Soundtrack: 10
    Gameplay: 9.8
    Graphics: 9.5

Total: 9.8 (rounding it to 10)
  18. Aug 25, 2013
    This is one of the first games I ever played. Even though there are flaws, my nostalgia is to strong to hate it. The game is looks amazing. the voice acting is meh. Fantastic gameplay.
  19. May 7, 2013
    Sonic's first original game not on a SEGA console. And it was a great start. The story is no where near as complex as in Sonic Adventure 1 or Sonic Adventure 2. But to me that is the way it should be. Sonic games don't need big plots. The gameplay is similar to SA1&2 but with a new team gimmick. And it works well. The control though is noticeably worse than SA1&2 it's really slippery. ButSonic's first original game not on a SEGA console. And it was a great start. The story is no where near as complex as in Sonic Adventure 1 or Sonic Adventure 2. But to me that is the way it should be. Sonic games don't need big plots. The gameplay is similar to SA1&2 but with a new team gimmick. And it works well. The control though is noticeably worse than SA1&2 it's really slippery. But the level design is really good in alot of places like grand metropolis. Sonic Heroes is a gorgeous looking GameCube game. It's really looks like a 2D sonic game brought into the 3D world. For example the checkerboard walls in Seaside hill. The soundtracks is great. Sonic Heroes in my opinion is better than SA1. And much better than SA2. I recommend it to anyone who likes platformers Expand
  20. May 5, 2013
    This game has been positively mixed for me. The concept of having three characters on a team makes this game extraordinary and fun to play with, there are levels that provide a completely new stage look for graphics and the re are not to many load screens and cgi content. The thing that bugs me the most is the amount of glitches that I keep encountering on the GCN. The stages in the SonicThis game has been positively mixed for me. The concept of having three characters on a team makes this game extraordinary and fun to play with, there are levels that provide a completely new stage look for graphics and the re are not to many load screens and cgi content. The thing that bugs me the most is the amount of glitches that I keep encountering on the GCN. The stages in the Sonic and Dark stages are like marathons that take forever and all the teams have to go through the stages at the exact same time and the bosses. The voice acting is decent, with the exception of Tails, who ruined the experience. This game is highly satisfying and is highly recommended for a good experience. Expand
  21. Feb 21, 2013
    This game is dear to me (I rate it a 9) well, it was my first sonic game, so I am bias. I LOVE IT, the team gimmick was great, this was the best time they made big health-bar enemies, but we have power, and the level ups made everything easier. But with team dark, it was balanced, a relatively tough, dialogue was ok. Graphics were fine, music, AWESOME, I shall say my 1 problem (the commonThis game is dear to me (I rate it a 9) well, it was my first sonic game, so I am bias. I LOVE IT, the team gimmick was great, this was the best time they made big health-bar enemies, but we have power, and the level ups made everything easier. But with team dark, it was balanced, a relatively tough, dialogue was ok. Graphics were fine, music, AWESOME, I shall say my 1 problem (the common one) off the top of my head, 3% OF A PLOT, no plot, I don't want to go into detail, I am only semi-scratching the surface of my views, but I do not want to give the reader who wants to read many reviews a hard time, so yah, IL THIS GAME. Expand
  22. Nov 7, 2012
    This was the last good Sonic game for a long, long time. I love how this game plays out like a movie, complete with bright visuals, cool camera angles, a great sense of speed and rockin music. The teammate gameplay is original and properly executed and each stage has a fair amount of platforming and large worlds to explore. The voice acting is also very well done and fits the campy natureThis was the last good Sonic game for a long, long time. I love how this game plays out like a movie, complete with bright visuals, cool camera angles, a great sense of speed and rockin music. The teammate gameplay is original and properly executed and each stage has a fair amount of platforming and large worlds to explore. The voice acting is also very well done and fits the campy nature of the game perfectly, though you will either love or hate Tails's noticably younger voice. Me, I don't mind him, I actually think he sounds funny and cute. Cream on the other hand was very annoying and all throughout the game I wanted her to shut up. While I'm on the negative, this game does have a fair amount of glitches, since each team plays through the same stages in the same order the game can get really repetitive and the controls can often be slippery due to the characters' speed. Overall this is still a very fun game; I just don't know why so many people feel mixed about it. It's probably because they think it's part of the adventure series when it really is not. The gameplay is different, the tone is different, even the way the Chaos emeralds are presented is different (they're prizes awarded after completing bonus stages as oppose to being plot devices). Judging it as a game on it's own, it's very underrated if you ask me. Expand
  23. Aug 8, 2012
    I really liked sonic heroes, with the click of a button you could perform different tasks with different characters, and using your characters wisely led to an enjoyable experience, the one thing I did not like however, was the requirement to collect the chaos emeralds in bonus levels, it was very frustrating to do so.
  24. Jul 30, 2012
    This is a great game.Many different levels and special levels.Pleasantly play for each team.Cool music.Just nostalgia.I a great many more, you can write about this wonderful game.It gets me to the highest assessment.I suggest playing all holders ps2.It created for the game ps 2.
  25. Apr 4, 2012
    sonic heroes sonic best of gc, pathetic graphics, the game succeeded, emerald fashion a bit difficult but enjoyable. mode has 2 person disappointing story mode successful battle against the boss as successful
  26. Jan 26, 2012
    This is my favorite Sonic game. It's different. You have three characters with you, one fast, one flying and one strong. That's what makes this game good compared to the other sonics. You play with everyone nice: Sonic, Espio, Knuckles, Shadow, etc. You have really nice cutscenes and an epic last battle. Sometimes it's a little bit repetitive, thought...
  27. Dec 29, 2011
    Sonic Heroes is a pretty good game. It's fun, good fun. You will see your self getting into plenty off platforming as the game has many platforming moments like a classic sonic game. There are plenty of hidden areas such as a hidden V.I.P pinball room in Casino highway. They even had a sonic 2-esque special stage. You will get many hours of entertainment, but you may get frustrated whenSonic Heroes is a pretty good game. It's fun, good fun. You will see your self getting into plenty off platforming as the game has many platforming moments like a classic sonic game. There are plenty of hidden areas such as a hidden V.I.P pinball room in Casino highway. They even had a sonic 2-esque special stage. You will get many hours of entertainment, but you may get frustrated when you find weird instant deaths occurring in small parts of the game. To add to that note, you'll only want to play as Team Sonic, as team dark isnt interesting, team rose is retarded, & team chaotix is....well there missions are too short to me. The graphics are vibrant & colorful. This game has much potential, but things such as weird ingame bugs & the fact that most areas are labeled with which person you have to use kinda ruin it. So an 8 is my score. Solid game, solid gameplay, some annoying bugs.... Expand
  28. Nov 29, 2011
    Sonic Heroes seems to be that marmite Sonic game that some people liked and others hated. Perhaps it's the nostalgia talking but I'm a pretty big fan of this game. The stages are huge and don't feel repetitive, at least until near the end when you die and the last checkpoint was miles off. The team idea is often shot down but in my opinion it works. Switching between the three charactersSonic Heroes seems to be that marmite Sonic game that some people liked and others hated. Perhaps it's the nostalgia talking but I'm a pretty big fan of this game. The stages are huge and don't feel repetitive, at least until near the end when you die and the last checkpoint was miles off. The team idea is often shot down but in my opinion it works. Switching between the three characters feels smooth since they all move at similar speed (no giant contrast like in Sonic Unleashed) and they're all easy to use. The graphics were great back then, and even today they're really nice to look at. The voice acting is a mixed bag. Sonic, Tails, Charmy and Team Rose get on my nerves sometimes but other than that it's pretty high quality stuff. This is a step down from Sonic Adventure, but not a huge nosedive like many make it out to be. Expand
  29. Nov 8, 2011
    The fact that you can play as three characters from the Sonic series at once makes it all that much better. I like the design and the amount of characters you can use.
  30. Nov 3, 2011
    While it was too different at first, I really came to connect with this game and get drawn into the story and unique gameplay. While it had many of the same elements from past Sonic game, it was completely different in it's own way with it's vast uniqueness int he formula of using three characters at once. I really enjoyed it! One of my favorite final bosses ever -- Metal Overlord.
  31. Jul 13, 2011
    Colorful graphics but bland in detail, to crude. Sometimes the unresponsive control slips away and make undesireable deaths, boring platforms and awful voice is avoidable. So, what now? fun? maybe a little.....
  32. Apr 14, 2011
    I loved playing this back when the Gamecube was the **** but now, after growing pretty high standards, this game comes off as tedious and mediocre. The teamwork aspect seems pretty cool at first, but then you realize that the levels are built around exploiting it as much as possible. It's not only flow-breaking to constantly change characters to do a task like defeating airborne enemiesI loved playing this back when the Gamecube was the **** but now, after growing pretty high standards, this game comes off as tedious and mediocre. The teamwork aspect seems pretty cool at first, but then you realize that the levels are built around exploiting it as much as possible. It's not only flow-breaking to constantly change characters to do a task like defeating airborne enemies and breaking walls in these long levels, but there are little to no alternate paths that can be taken with the teamwork ability. In other words, it's a pointless gimmick.

The enemies themselves are also tedium. I praise Sonic Team for making enemies harder to defeat, but they come across it the wrong way. Every enemy has a health bar, making defeating them longer and more tedious, ESPECIALLY when you're stuck in a room where it is mandatory to defeat a horde of enemies. The most frustrating session near the end where you fight the giant, hammer-wielding robots back to back, sometimes THREE AT ONCE.

However, the biggest flaw is having to replay all the levels over again in each story in the same exact order. Not only are these levels long (ranging from three to twelve minutes), but playing them over and over again for each team gets boring after a while (may I remind you that all the teams play remotely the same). The only team gameplay with a notable difference is the Chaotix Team story, and sometimes it's even worse. It involves accomplishing missions in each stage, ranging from the nice "collect-a-thon" to the challening "get through the stage unnoticed" to the anger-enducing "DESTROY EVERY ENEMY IN THE **** STAGE"

Positives? Well, the graphics are beautiful and colorful. Also, the soundtrack kicks ass, with my favorities being Ocean Palace and Hang Castle music. The special stages is also fun for the most part. The gameplay does get fun once you put aside the frustrations, but going through stages over and over is unforgivable. Also, the voice acting sucks, with characters like Cream and Big being the worst (speaking of which, why are all these characters here anyways? The Chaotix gang? From the 32X game Knuckles' Chaotix.......really?).

To wrap things up, this game isn't really a bad game, but it does have a lot of annoying problems here and there that makes it hard to recommend to the general videogame community. My suggestion is to play a copy your friend already has.

Overal Rating: 6.5/10
  33. Dec 24, 2010
    It's an okay linear adventure game, but at the same time it kinda sucks. Which makes the fact that it's the best 3D Sonic game I've ever played seem even more tragic. There was a little fun to be had but otherwise you should avoid Sonic Heroes if you can.
  34. IanA
    Dec 20, 2009
    Very Good! Better than the new ones. The main game is a bit easy, but the bonus quests are challenging. The camera may suck @$$, and the game may be short, but only costs $8 used at gamestop, and is the most solid 3-D Sonic game out there.
  35. GrahamG
    Aug 30, 2008
    a great sonic game and certainly my favorite 3D sonic game, but only hardcore fans will see it through to the final ending
  36. RabidR
    Jun 23, 2008
    Ok, here's the truth about this game. Yes the graphics are good, yes the concept is great, but the game engine destroys what could have been a good sonic game. Clipping through walls and the floor in places, bad level design that will certainly make you fall into the pit below every stage for no reason, overly difficult to get into the special stage and to get the emeralds at all Ok, here's the truth about this game. Yes the graphics are good, yes the concept is great, but the game engine destroys what could have been a good sonic game. Clipping through walls and the floor in places, bad level design that will certainly make you fall into the pit below every stage for no reason, overly difficult to get into the special stage and to get the emeralds at all thanks to twitchy controls and the fact your forced to slow down when you get caught up on the corners of the tube. The pinball physics are off and force you in directions you have no control over and you will die because of this unlike Casinopolis in Sonic Adventure DX. These and other reasons make playing this game a chore and not worth anyones time and effort. If your completely blind to these obvious issues in the game then you will enjoy it, otherwise STAY AWAY! Expand
  37. Liz
    Jul 31, 2005
    It's all right, the graphics are ok and the sound is fine, but it is repetitive and chauvinist. team rose is the one that centers around girls and is a heck of a lot easeir then team sonic and the rest,the BOY is the powerfull one.Amy may be the leader but she is far from importent.and if your going to be feminist, at least put antother girl in there instead of big!and the otherIt's all right, the graphics are ok and the sound is fine, but it is repetitive and chauvinist. team rose is the one that centers around girls and is a heck of a lot easeir then team sonic and the rest,the BOY is the powerfull one.Amy may be the leader but she is far from importent.and if your going to be feminist, at least put antother girl in there instead of big!and the other girl(Rouge)is big breasted and has hardly any importance!i know all of the other games are like this but come on!and aside from that it has a crappy camra angle,rent,do NOT buy. Expand
  38. DanielM.
    Nov 9, 2004
    Fast fun but won't last long.
    Oct 24, 2004
    It's a really good game but many of the Sonic games have almost the same concept so it was really easy for me to beat...overall, this game will be great for adventure lovers.
  40. J.Max
    Aug 15, 2004
    This Game is AWESOME I hope there will be other Sonic games like that.
  41. Vickly
    Mar 16, 2004
    A big failure in my opinion. I had thought that with the release of the awesome sonic adventure games, nothing could go wrong with this one, I was sadly mistaken. They still had not cleared up the bad camera angles, and you had to do virtually the same thing for each team. Very easy to beat, and the characters look a little too shiny. No plot at all, I really did not like it.
  42. Agamecritic
    Feb 18, 2004
    Where's the plot? The awesome plots that existed in the Sonic Adventure games, (as well as the Sonic fast speeds) are not present here at all.
  43. William
    Feb 2, 2004
    Alright here's a comment that is inbetween. The Gameplay is fun and it's pretty cool. There also a change in difficultly unlike the past 3D Sonic Games(and I love the 3D & 2D Sonic Series). The Game is pretty much a solid action/platformer worthy for most of it price. The Problems I feel that should be address is the Camera(which Sonic Team still needs to correct), also the game Alright here's a comment that is inbetween. The Gameplay is fun and it's pretty cool. There also a change in difficultly unlike the past 3D Sonic Games(and I love the 3D & 2D Sonic Series). The Game is pretty much a solid action/platformer worthy for most of it price. The Problems I feel that should be address is the Camera(which Sonic Team still needs to correct), also the game can be a bit frustrating(Especially on Team Chaotix), and also the levels are somewhat the same except for Length, Enemies, etc. It depends more on Difficulty. One more thing the GC version has English Voices which may annoy some people who can't stand them (I like them, but I want to hjear the japanese ones). Other than that, this is a very good game that brings to mind that Sonic Team is getting Some Idea (especially Yuji Naka). This is worth the price of admission easily if you are a fan of atleast recent Sonic Games(Even the GameCube ports). One Note: Use team Rose first to get adjusted and the fact they can get the emeralds easier will help(Use Big, he'll get it in almost no time if you're good enough to dodge the bombs and get the spheres) Expand
  44. JohnB.
    Jan 15, 2004
    Notice how all the users here only comment on graphics and sound. These people obviously have shallow taste in games and would buy anything if it had "sweet 3-d graphics and cool sound". People, not all games of the new millenium have to be 3-D. In fact, ever since sonic went 3-d, his games have lost much of its fans, flavor, and popularity. People don't realize that all you do in Notice how all the users here only comment on graphics and sound. These people obviously have shallow taste in games and would buy anything if it had "sweet 3-d graphics and cool sound". People, not all games of the new millenium have to be 3-D. In fact, ever since sonic went 3-d, his games have lost much of its fans, flavor, and popularity. People don't realize that all you do in this game is run foward and let the computer automatically hold you by the hand through the levels. Terrible game...shame on you Sega. Expand
  45. Bigguy
    Jan 9, 2004
    This game is totally cool. i like practically played it non stop when i got it. last night we were alone and i beat off while staring at sonics ass on the screen. just playing it gives me a chub. thanks sonic.
  46. JimL.
    Jan 8, 2004
    What can i say it is brilliant.
  47. LinusJ.
    Jan 8, 2004
    It rocks.
  48. HunterB.
    Jan 3, 2004
    It helps you to know all the heroes and villians of sonic. It is sorta like sonic dx. And it has awesome graphics.
  49. CecilyB.
    Jan 2, 2004
    it's sonic...even though in the demo there where i few bugs...i'm sure they fixed them,the cutscenes look wonderful, when i seen them online.a nd with a good comeback, shadow returns! most of the english voice actors who lent there voices in sonic adventure 1 & 2 are back with a vengeance...i can't wait to hear how team chaotix, and cream the rabbit sounds.
  50. DavidM.
    Dec 16, 2003
    Sonic Heroes is the best 3D game of all the Sonic games i want everybody know that this game is the best ever i hope let be Super Sonic and Super Shadow and on 2 players to thats would be nice so everybody get this hot 3D Sonic game for GameCube,Xbox,Playstation 2 ok
  51. MartyP.
    Dec 10, 2003
    it looks so kool (yes it is soooooo kool it has a k instead of a c)
  52. Markc
    Dec 7, 2003
    i give this game a 10 because i have played it on a bonus disc the graphics are overwelming this out does many gamecube games by far
  53. Apr 4, 2012

#5 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2004
#2 Most Shared GameCube Game of 2004

1. Weekly Famitsu
    8 / 8 / 8 / 8 - 32 gold [Vol 786]
  2. The glorious 3D speed rush is still broken by moments where you will csream with rage inspired by whatever sadism or idiocy has kept Sonic Team from fixing its camera and control schemes after five years of 3D Sonic games.
  3. The camera is crap, the scale is awkward, the story and characters are basic and cringe-worthy, the combat is tedious, the platforming and puzzling is too basic, and I was well bored of it by the time I conquered the final level with the first of the four Teams, which wasn't even that long after I first grabbed it out of the shrink-wrap.