7.8

1. Nov 7, 2011
    This game is better than Mario Kart Double Dash. The futuristic hover board racing does not get old. It delivers what it promises, and somehow more. It is a blast!
  2. Dec 28, 2013
    It's a game that at first frustrated me. After I completed the game and mastered the controls, I was able to enjoy this games great sense of speed. Managing how much air (the games fuel) and doing tricks is great fun.

Aside from the frustration in getting a grip with this game, it's very fun, but it will destroy the padding on your control pads.
  3. Sep 10, 2011
    Sonic and racing should go well together but when they ried it the first time, *Cringe in fear* , but I don't want to remember that abomination of a racing called Sonic R. This game is a massive improvement over it and is probably one of my favorite racing games
  4. Jan 26, 2012
    It's a racing game with bad gameplay. Probably the worst Sonic out there. Want a racing game? Get F-Zero or Mario Kart, because this game sucks in gameplay. The cutscenes are boring, the history is terrible, and that's pretty much of it. Sucks.
  5. Apr 12, 2015
    This game is amazing, one of the best games I played when I was 7 in 2008 and the best childhood game ever, Worth getting on GameCube (Not PC or Ps2)!
  6. Dec 16, 2012
    I'm surprised to find this game has such a low score....I enjoy this game might be worth the buy for most people.....sure the game has no online capabilities but it still is a pretty good game...
  7. Nov 18, 2013
    Sonic Riders is not entirely a bad game. Though Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing/Transformed overshadow this one, I think it's still a good game, the controls are decent once you get used to them and the music is once again great. Hell it's much better than Zero Gravity and Free Riders by a long mile.
  8. Mar 13, 2015
    I'm honestly not sure how this game has such a poor score, as it's actually a very fun racing game with plenty of depth and challenge; and challenge isn't something you see too often in this genre. While the variety of unlockable gears may be a bit unnecessary and the somewhat small amount of tracks can make racing eventually repetitive for some, the game (especially for a sonic titleI'm honestly not sure how this game has such a poor score, as it's actually a very fun racing game with plenty of depth and challenge; and challenge isn't something you see too often in this genre. While the variety of unlockable gears may be a bit unnecessary and the somewhat small amount of tracks can make racing eventually repetitive for some, the game (especially for a sonic title released in '06) is very fun. There are plenty of racers to choose from, and while the track number is small, it makes up for it in that the tracks themselves are very memorable. It definitely takes a lot of getting used to however, and your first impression may poor because of that. But if you do learn the intricacies of the mechanics (which may require a look at the instruction manual), you'll find a fun racer that's definitely worth picking up, as long as you don't give up on it early on. Expand

1. Sonic Riders doesn't boast too many tracks, nor does it have an online mode, which is a shame, but a bit of unique futuristic racing with familiar faces is what I'm after these days, and Sonic Riders delivers on that front hands down.
  2. Endure the few inevitable instances of frustration and your left with a solid sonic spin-off.
  3. Sonic fans may fill their need for speed here, but everyone else, please walk on.