SSX Tricky GameCube

8.6

1. Uter
    Feb 7, 2003
    There aren't many gc games i consider to be 'must own'. but this is definately one of them. it puts most other snowboarding games to shame.
  2. JamesM.
    Jan 3, 2002
    The tricks are amazing, the tracks are dope and the characters have plenty of quirky personality. You might get bored of it in time but it will give you a fun ride until then.
  3. BruceC.
    Mar 8, 2002
    For a port from another console, this is a mighty good game. Excellent graphics, good gameplay, and lots of lengthy race courses give this game a huge amount of play time.
  4. MichaelF.
    Aug 23, 2002
    It's great and all but it needs more players.
  5. RyanM.
    Aug 8, 2002
    Now, I'm not a big fan of snowboarding games. But this has to be one of the slickest extreme sports games ever.
  6. ShirleyM.
    May 17, 2003
    This game is very fun to play, has a great two player mode, and lots of unlockables. It has easy controls, which are not oversensitive, just right. But BEST of all is the opening video! That gets me so motivated and enthusiastic! If you own a GC you should purchase this game. :D
  7. Isaac
    Oct 31, 2002
    A fantastic game, on all platforms. To really enjoy with the GCN controller however, you MUST go to Options and enable the "Pro" control scheme. Otherwise prewinding spins requires you to move your thumb off of the main stick which spoils the feel (as Armchair Empire complains).
  8. DaveB.
    Nov 18, 2003
    In some ways this game is still better than SSX3. They're both awesome, must-own games for any system!
  9. Apr 2, 2013
    This game blew my mind when I first played it! The characters were amazingly diverse and the replay value is some of the highest I've ever seen in a game. Easily my favorite game on the GameCube. If you have one, you better have this game or your missing out.
  10. Jan 4, 2014
    As one of the only snowboarding games, I could not have seen this game been made any better. There are many courses to take and is very entertaining. There are many characters you can choose, and many combos you can pull off. No matter what course, the design of nature is beautiful. If you pick this game up, I can assure you, you won't be disappointed.

#10 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2001
#7 Most Shared GameCube Game of 2001

1. Nintendo Power
    Wonderfully addictive. [Dec 2001, p.168]
  2. The audio is great and worth listen with a Dolby pro-logic receiver, and the graphics, while flawed are truly of next-generation quality.
  3. For future releases in this series, it’d be nice if there were more customization options and musical selections but those are minor gripes to what was, generally, a favorable experience.