9.0

1. Nov 7, 2017
    Only thing that is bad about this game is its post-duengons part, without internet its pain in the ass to find all these trioforce parts, and in addition you must pay a lots of rupees. The rest of the game is fantastic, loved it.
  2. Nov 6, 2017
    Sang in the voice of Pat Benatar and her 1979 classic, Heartbreaker:

"He's a wind waker!

Pot breaker!

Heart taker!

Chicken shaker!"

Cartoony Link has aged so well. I freakin' love this game.
  3. Sep 12, 2017
    When I first looked at this game I was skeptical cause the graphics were so out of touch from the other games but you can't judge a book by the cover. And, once I played the game it was fun and felt like any ordinary Legend of Zelda game but a bit better!
  4. Sep 3, 2017
    So, I didn't finished the game yet, but I'm going to do a review, anyway. I'll do a more detailed review when I finish it, aight? Also, this review contains mini-spoilers.

I really liked the presentation of the game more than Ocarina of Time. But's still not great. The graphics are really beautiful, the cartoon style make the game so pretty. I'm not going to give spoilers of the story, but I really liked it. The open world is so good, I really appreciate it, and it is really good to travel through the sea. It can also be scary , if you don't like the sea like me. The combat is great, it isn't annoying, unlike some Zelda games. I don't like how you can't travel faster through the land, but that's fine. The music is great, obviously. The puzzles aren't annoying to complete, unlike Ocarina Of Time, because Zelda have very boring puzzles;but I had fun completing The Wind Waker's puzzles. The game itself is very fun.
  5. Aug 6, 2017
    The Wind Waker succeeds by totally embodying the spirit of adventure that makes most Zelda games great while also offering an experience that is unique. While the visual style isn't quite to my taste, it is a very clean look that makes it one of the more timeless entries in the series. The only thing that holds this game back from reaching the highest echelons of gaming is that it suffersThe Wind Waker succeeds by totally embodying the spirit of adventure that makes most Zelda games great while also offering an experience that is unique. While the visual style isn't quite to my taste, it is a very clean look that makes it one of the more timeless entries in the series. The only thing that holds this game back from reaching the highest echelons of gaming is that it suffers from relatively little content and a lot of tedious backtracking. Despite its minor flaws though I was totally swept away by the adventure and the game also offers some of the most surprising moments in the series.

The gameplay in Wind Waker takes most of the best aspects of the last couple games while offering some excellent additions. Sailing is Wind Waker's main new mechanic and it works beautifully, it is easy to use while still being fun and immersive. The camera is probably the best I have seen in any game and is far better than the camera was in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. With the second control stick you have complete control and even have multiple levels of zoom (which is a great feature that was unfortunately removed from the next few games in the series). Combat is a bit more simplistic in this game than some of the others but it is fast paced and offers some really fun abilities such as the roll counter attack which looks and feels awesome. it would have been nice to have more items but the ones that you get are mostly excellent. The grappling hook is a great multi purpose item that is both fun to use and very helpful. Wind Waker also offers some of the best stealth sections in any Zelda game. They don't require an immense amount skill but they do a great job of creating tension. Almost everything about the gameplay lends itself to the overall sense of adventure and immersion.

Story wise Wind Waker is pretty simple but it succeeds in telling a simple story very well. It also does a good job of taking risks with the standard Zelda plot and offers some really great twists and turns. Each major location offers at least a couple memorable moments. From beggining to end I felt immersed in the story and always wanted to find out what was next. Despite its cartoony style it also offers some pretty dark moments. Like most of my favorite Zelda games the story is bittersweet. The ending is probably one of my favorites in a Zelda game. It isn't my favorite Zelda story but its certainly not a bad one.

The world map is a bit small in terms of land area and there aren't as many dungeons as I would have liked but the vast freedom of exploring the ocean makes up for a lot of that. The Dungeons they do have are pretty good but not the best in the series. I don't really have many complaints about the world I just wish that it had more meaningful locations to visit.

In terms of characters there aren't a lot in this game but most of the ones that they do have play pretty good role in the story. This games version of Ganondorf seems to have a lot more depth than most of his other incarnations. Unfortunately there are only a couple of Sage like characters that you get to adventure with but at least you get to interact with them quite a bit and the companions do turn out to be quite useful, unlike many of the companions in other Zelda games. The King of Red Lions was also a really interesting and unique sidekick character.

Visually I find it hard to rate Wind Waker. While I really don't like the style chosen for the characters, I do like the clean graphics and timeless cartoon looking environments. This certainly isn't my favorite look for a Zelda game but playing it years later among all the 3D Zelda games I think it has aged the best. While I don't want to see this style of characters used in anymore mainline Zelda titles I think the idea of focusing on clean elegant design over more realistic looking graphics is a good choice. Overall most aspects of Wind Waker look great, my complaints are more style related than technical failings. For example I really hate the look of the fairies in this game and I don't like how most of the characters look like bobble heads.

Sound Design is generally an area where the Zelda franchise excels and this is no exception. Every area has a memorable theme and the music is almost perfectly suited to the setting. As an instrument I didn't like the wind waker quite as much as the Ocarina but it serves its purpose both as a mechanic and as a story element. Almost all of the sound design helps to create an immersive experience, I don't really recall any moments where the music or sound effects were annoying. It isn't my favorite Zelda sound track but it is close to the top and it certainly has its own style.

Over all The Wind Waker is a fantastic game. It is true to the Zelda formula while also having its own identity. I think it would have been a better game with more dungeons, unique items and plot points but the ones it does have are good.

I give it 91%
  6. Jul 29, 2017
    I really liked this game. First off, the music really conveyed the feel and tone of the scenery. If you were in a town, the instruments and tune of the song made it generally feel like a town. If you were in a boss fight, the music really conveyed the action of the scene.

Next, the graphics were just beautiful. The shadowing and the light effects onto buildings made it feel real and just made it even more beautiful.

The story is great too. The lore was amazing and the ending felt satisfying. This is a game I'd recommend, despite the few bugs and glitches, it's great.
  7. Jun 19, 2017
    This game proves that the N64 Zeldas were overrated. This is 3D Zelda done perfectly for the first time in the franchise. The movement is exceptional, the gameplay is smooth and extremely robust, the dungeons are beautiful.
  8. Jun 1, 2017
    The most unique Legend Of Zelda game I've ever played. This game has a surprisingly good story for a series that can sometimes feel a little predictable. The gameplay was expanded upon and can be very rewarding. Where the game gets a little iffy for me is with the lack of dungeons, by the end of the game it feels a little rushed. It seems to me like the creators chose to remove someThe most unique Legend Of Zelda game I've ever played. This game has a surprisingly good story for a series that can sometimes feel a little predictable. The gameplay was expanded upon and can be very rewarding. Where the game gets a little iffy for me is with the lack of dungeons, by the end of the game it feels a little rushed. It seems to me like the creators chose to remove some dungeons to add a triforce scavenger hunt, which is more annoying than it is fun. Overall, still a great Zelda game. Expand
  9. May 28, 2017
    A beautiful,charming adventure full of heart and soul. I never was bored,and I actually did cry on some of the moments,the way they deliver the drama is incredible,especially for a game which was aimed mostly to children. It's a must have on the Gamecube,and stands among the greatest games of all time.
  10. May 24, 2017
    Great graphics, improved game play, and a unique story and world are all things that describe this master piece. this is the first game in the main series that really personalized Link, taking the story to a new level. although the WII U re-release is the better version of the two, improving the graphics, pacing and endgame, the original Gamecube version still holds up and delivers aGreat graphics, improved game play, and a unique story and world are all things that describe this master piece. this is the first game in the main series that really personalized Link, taking the story to a new level. although the WII U re-release is the better version of the two, improving the graphics, pacing and endgame, the original Gamecube version still holds up and delivers a superb experience. This is a quirky, fun, lighthearted place to start in the series, as it is arguably the easiest of the main games. with enough content to keep you going for hours, don't overlook this one, and if you haven't played it already, pick up a copy and try it out! Expand
  11. May 16, 2017
    Sometimes games seem to get better as time goes by, meaning that a game that doesn't get the praise it deserves when it first comes out later on does get praised. This is definitely the case with The Wind Waker. When it was first revealed, people instantly started hating it because it wasn't a realistic looking Zelda game along the lines of Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess. However, ISometimes games seem to get better as time goes by, meaning that a game that doesn't get the praise it deserves when it first comes out later on does get praised. This is definitely the case with The Wind Waker. When it was first revealed, people instantly started hating it because it wasn't a realistic looking Zelda game along the lines of Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess. However, I found Wind Waker to be vastly superior to both of those games in almost every way. First off, the story. Wind Waker's story is a much more unique and interesting narrative than almost any Zelda game prior to it had. Hyrule barely even exists within the game, and instead Link sets out on his journey on board a small boat into a huge open ocean with plenty of places to explore in order to rescue his kidnapped sister from a massive bird within an area known as the Forsaken Fortress. Along the way, he eventually learns that he must defeat Ganondorf, the leader of the Forsaken Fortress, in order to restore peace to the world once and for all. Though it's not the best story we've seen in any Zelda game, it's still a great narrative. Next, lets talk about the aspect of this game that fans are the most split on: the sea. Personally, I love the sea, because it really helps capture the feeling of being on a grand adventure by having both large and small islands that are either required to visit or exist for the purpose of being completely optional to visit. But regardless, it is one of my personal favorite over worlds of any Zelda game and one that looks truly amazing. Also, just like most other Zelda games, Wind Waker is home to some very enjoyable gameplay and combat elements that keep the game from feeling stale at all. The dungeon and temple design within this game is fantastic as well, as it is home to some of absolute favorite temples in the entire franchise, most notably the Earth Temple. However, there are some bad moments within the game, the sailing may eventually start to feel tedious after awhile and the Triforce Scavenger Hunt is insanely monotonous (though it can be fun at times as well).

In conclusion, The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker is a truly amazing Zelda experience unlike any other that easily trumps Ocarina of Time in nearly every conceivable way. And the HD remake of this masterpiece is just another example of how less realistic graphics can still look breathtaking.
  12. Apr 8, 2017
    mi juego favorito de toda la saga zelda. Mazmorra super geniales, grandisima historia, personajes memorables y ni hablar de la banda sonora. Es un juego muy especial, una de las mejores obras maestras hechas por nintendo y por la industria del videojuego en general
  13. Mar 22, 2017
    The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, no tengo nada más que decir, obra maestra, ópera magna de los vídeo juegos, 128 Bits de oro puro en Nintendo GameCube
  14. Mar 22, 2017
    Ill say this loud and clear, this game is by far the best Zelda game out there, if you need a game to introduce you to the world of TLoZ this is your game, its the most balanced of them all in terms of difficulty, has the most interesting characters, a very good plot, and the sense of adventure is there ready to take on, the boss battles are really well done (except one) and the dungeonsIll say this loud and clear, this game is by far the best Zelda game out there, if you need a game to introduce you to the world of TLoZ this is your game, its the most balanced of them all in terms of difficulty, has the most interesting characters, a very good plot, and the sense of adventure is there ready to take on, the boss battles are really well done (except one) and the dungeons are very interesting and very easy to differentiate from one another, the combat is solid and there is a good bunch of different enemies, there are numerous objects and collectables around the world complete this game at 100% is really hard but it is fun as hell.

I personally recommend this game because even though it was not my first Zelda was the one that hooked me up to this universe a thing that the other games haven't done for me.
  15. Mar 20, 2017
    I don't know how to say how amazing it was experience of crossed the seas, explore all kind of islands and beat excelent bosses that creep you out the first time you saw it. Most of the people criticize this game just by his graphics. It's really sad that many people can not understand what an artistic direction is. Not all games should take the realistic way. The risky games like windI don't know how to say how amazing it was experience of crossed the seas, explore all kind of islands and beat excelent bosses that creep you out the first time you saw it. Most of the people criticize this game just by his graphics. It's really sad that many people can not understand what an artistic direction is. Not all games should take the realistic way. The risky games like wind waker bring us a beatiful expirience that show us how videogames can not stop to explore the posibilities of art. The draws remembers every minute to those medieval stained glasses of epic legends.

The music is just perfect and a personal thought: Is really satisfactory see zelda as a badass pirate and not only like a messy princess.
  16. Mar 18, 2017
    For me, The Wind Waker is the best Zelda ever made. Even if I only played 6 Zelda's (link to the past; ocarina of time; majora's mask; the wind waker; twilight princess and link between world's). The graphics of wind waker are beautifull, funny and very cartoonish/original. The gameplay is very nice, and you have a nice camera control, The gameplay is fun and challenging, the maps areFor me, The Wind Waker is the best Zelda ever made. Even if I only played 6 Zelda's (link to the past; ocarina of time; majora's mask; the wind waker; twilight princess and link between world's). The graphics of wind waker are beautifull, funny and very cartoonish/original. The gameplay is very nice, and you have a nice camera control, The gameplay is fun and challenging, the maps are great and the dungeaon are sometimes easy, and sometimes very hard. The music are funny and very nostalgic.The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker is a must have ! Expand
  17. Mar 15, 2017
    il miglior zelda di sempre sotto tutti gli aspetti e è quello che è invecchiato e continuerà ad invecchiare meglio è davvero un capolavoro senza tempo
  18. Mar 11, 2017
    Otro Zelda que no esta a la altura de la saga, demasiado infantil, no por los gráficos, sino por las mecánicas de combate, pulsar "A" cuando se te indica en pantalla para realizar un contraataque.
  19. Mar 8, 2017
    ESSE É UM JOGO QUE VOCE PRECISA JOGAR. O jogo é lindo, uma obra prima, um jogo que temos um por geração. Esse jogo precisa ser estudado por todas empresas. Além de ser super divertido, tem fases muito bem projetadas com ótimas musicas, a fluidez combina perfeitamente com o controle de Game Cube que é anatômico demais. RECOMENDADÍSSIMO.
  20. Feb 22, 2017
    This game is almost perfect apart from the sometimes tedious sailing and the Triforce hunt. First of all I LOVE the cell-shaded graphics of this game, they have aged much better than Twilight Princess' more realistic graphics. The combat although not as realistic as Skyward Sword's combat is still very fun and requires good timing. This game isn't very hard so it's a good idea to startThis game is almost perfect apart from the sometimes tedious sailing and the Triforce hunt. First of all I LOVE the cell-shaded graphics of this game, they have aged much better than Twilight Princess' more realistic graphics. The combat although not as realistic as Skyward Sword's combat is still very fun and requires good timing. This game isn't very hard so it's a good idea to start playing the Zelda franchise with this game. Except for the forbidden woods, every dungeon in this game was amazing, with the wind temple and the tower of the gods being my personal favourite. This game is overflowing with references to Ocarina of Time which were very fun to seek out. Overall, this is truly a great game. Expand
  21. Jan 4, 2017
    Deutsche Review - Kritik

Deutsche Review - Kritik

Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden?
    Dann sind hier meine Punkte.

Mein persönlicher Score = 92/100
    Mein User Score = 9/10
  22. Nov 13, 2016
    Well the graphics are pretty I guess so that's like nearly half the score according to Brian, I'm sure he's a qualified reviewer, just like me. Anyway, there wasn't a **** underwater area 51 besides the temple so I have to take points away because of the lack of realism. Wait, is the government even in this game? Every game needs to have the government in it so we can know about the shadowWell the graphics are pretty I guess so that's like nearly half the score according to Brian, I'm sure he's a qualified reviewer, just like me. Anyway, there wasn't a **** underwater area 51 besides the temple so I have to take points away because of the lack of realism. Wait, is the government even in this game? Every game needs to have the government in it so we can know about the shadow masters that wear people's skin to appear as human. Oh yeah, about the game. It's alright. Expand
  23. Sep 26, 2016
    The legend of Zelda The Wind Waker is a highly enjoyable game. The story may seem cliché at times and always stressing the point that you are a hero in a huge adventure that is, personally, unrelateable. The graphics have not aged a bit even though the wii u remaster is indeed better. Gameplay is smooth and it will hardly ever feel repetitive since it masterfully makes the different andThe legend of Zelda The Wind Waker is a highly enjoyable game. The story may seem cliché at times and always stressing the point that you are a hero in a huge adventure that is, personally, unrelateable. The graphics have not aged a bit even though the wii u remaster is indeed better. Gameplay is smooth and it will hardly ever feel repetitive since it masterfully makes the different and varied gadgets to tackle specific enemies. Needless to say, most of these items are carried over from The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask. Niw its time to talk about the new feature of this game, sailing. It never gets to be boring and the sailing song is simply a masterpiece. I actually pissed off whenever an enemy approached me in the sea because not only it was really difficult to hit the bombs but also the music changed. The worst thing that can happen with the wind waker is to pass the island you wanted to go and you need to use it again to change the wind course due to a lack of a proper minimap. Overall The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker is recommendable.
    PS- English is no my mother's tongue so sorry if i made any mistake
  24. Jul 3, 2016
    Your killing me Nintendo with these amazing games! Nintendo never makes me mad with this series. This game yet again is perfect. The graphics look so amazing and so relaxing. The story is great. Controls are amazing and I recommend it with all my heart. Play it now!
  25. Jul 2, 2016
    The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker is the most divisive Zelda game ever. When it came out, fans criticized its visual style, but now, the game should be scrutinized for much different reasons.

This is a Zelda game, and there are no *bad* Zelda games. But, admittedly, this game may be the weakest of the five currently released 3D Zelda titles. For all its highs, the game has more lows than any of the others in the series. More than anything else, this game seems bipolar, giving us some of the best moments in any Zelda game, but burying these moments under unnecessary sloppy gameplay and tedium.

The game's atmosphere, visuals, and story are the best we've ever seen from the franchise. The sense of adventure in a Zelda game has never been as palpable as it is here in The Wind Waker. Sailing, while painfully slow, gives the player a sense of wonder that is unmatched in other Zelda titles. The graphics look incredible even 15 years down the line. The cel-shading graphical style may have been controversial at the time the game was made, but it has aged better than any other game in its generation. In terms of the story, Ganondorf's plight has never been as poignant as it is in this game. The game inspires you to care for its characters through dialogue that will make you laugh (mostly from Tetra) and make you think (mostly from Ganondorf).

But while The Wind Waker hits it out of the park in so many respects, the game drags its feet an equal amount. The game's pacing is terrible. The first 3-4 hours of the game are filled with boring and frustrating stealth quests and overlong exposition. When the game finally takes the reins off and sets the player free, it feels like you've already been playing the game forever and leaves a bad taste in your mouth. The final two dungeons in the game: the "Wind Temple" and the "Earth Temple" are among the most forgettable dungeons in series history. The game never really introduces any groundbreaking items or concepts in its dungeons, just sort of rehashing the familiar puzzles we've done before. But, without a doubt, the biggest offense that this game has is its excessively tedious third act. After dungeoncrawling through the first two-thirds of the game, the entire game is mixed up and the player is stunned to find that there are no more dungeons for him to play. Instead, he must comb the open sea, looking for nine mini-dungeons where he will find "Triforce Charts." After obtaining these charts, the player must pay exorbitant amounts of money to have them translated. After they are translated, the player has to further decode the maps and find where they hide their treasure. Then, the player must go fishing in the open sea to for this treasure, called "Triforce Shards". Once all nine shards are obtained, the player can unlock the final boss. If this sounds tedious, it's because it is. This whole section of the game just serves to pad play time, and it is not satisfying at all. Any momentum the game had going for it is totally stopped when the player reaches this point, and the game just slowly crawls along, while the player just wants to fight the final boss already.

If you're coming into the Zelda series as a new fan, don't pick this game to play as your first Zelda title. The visuals may be enticing, but the pacing is so poor that you should certainly choose a different title to start with. If you're a Zelda veteran, this game might not hit your highest expectations, but you'll still have fun with it.
  26. May 27, 2016
    I don't like The Legend of Zelda . This is one of the worst Nintendo Franchise . Best The Legend of Zelda Game is The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess . Wind Waker is normal, but isn't one of the best games on Gamecube . I think best games on Gamecube is Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4, Sonic Adventure DX, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Shadow The Hedgehog and not much The Legend of Zelda withI don't like The Legend of Zelda . This is one of the worst Nintendo Franchise . Best The Legend of Zelda Game is The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess . Wind Waker is normal, but isn't one of the best games on Gamecube . I think best games on Gamecube is Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4, Sonic Adventure DX, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Shadow The Hedgehog and not much The Legend of Zelda with Paper Mario The Thousand-year door . Wind Waker is children part of The Legend of Zelda . Graphics in this game is normal for 2003, there are worse and in The Legend of Zelda not bad gameplay . Expand
  27. Mar 21, 2016
    What many consider the best Zelda game along with Ocarina of Time, uh, no. I don't hate this game, but I can never say this is the best Zelda by far. Let's start off with the problems. The soundtrack is a tiny eensy little bit dull. Especially for a Zelda game. The great sea is really, really huge and bare. It has to be the most expansive overworld in any Zelda game. But it's a little easyWhat many consider the best Zelda game along with Ocarina of Time, uh, no. I don't hate this game, but I can never say this is the best Zelda by far. Let's start off with the problems. The soundtrack is a tiny eensy little bit dull. Especially for a Zelda game. The great sea is really, really huge and bare. It has to be the most expansive overworld in any Zelda game. But it's a little easy to get lost, so watch out. Also, the dungeon design is somewhat simple. Never in this game did I have a part that stumped me for hours trying to figure out what to do next. Now the positives. This game is absolutely gorgeous. It's in my opinion, the best looking game on the Gamecube. Next, the story, oh god the story. It's one of the best in the series. I won't spoil it, but all I can say is... wow. Next, the combat. This game's combat is arguably the best in the Zelda franchise. It makes some enemies, like Darknuts, really, REALLY fun to fight. It feels really good to attack enemies again and again. When you killed the enemy, it makes you feel like you've killed a real life monster. In the end, Wind Waker, while not the best game in the series, is still something I recommend you beat at least once. Expand
  28. Mar 1, 2016
    So you will know what type of gamer is writing this review, I'll list three of my favorite games
    Atelier Totori Danganronpa Fire Emblem  THE BAD: So, as you may have heard, the game has blurry backgrounds. This was intentional and not many liked this. Believe me, it will bother you for the first few hours, but you quickly get used to it and won't even notice it after awhile.
    Atelier Totori
    Danganronpa
    Fire Emblem

THE BAD:

THE GOOD:

GRAPHICS: Great look and art style. Very unique and colorful. This is part of what made the Wind Waker such a gem.

MUSIC: Great music, some of the best music you will hear in a platformer.

GAMEPLAY: In my opinion, the Wind Waker has the best gameplay of any other Zelda title because they took out much of the complexity of the puzzles that is in a usual Zelda title.

CLOSING COMMENTS:

I'm not really a platformer guy, but this game was an exception. It's the best platformer I have played and I've played quiet a few in my day. Super Mario Sunshine runs a close second, but I still have to give the prize to the Wind Waker.

I recommend this game to anyone under 13. It may not be a game for every adult out there. Check out some YouTube videos of this game if you still do not know if it's right for you.

That wraps this review up, hope it helps.
  29. Feb 23, 2016
    Behold, my GameCube owners and Legend of Zelda fans, there's something you forgot to pick up if you're new to the fan base. It's the Wind Waker. Don't miss your shot to get this once in a lifetime game!
  30. Jan 3, 2016
    The best Zelda ever, at least until now. Superb gameplay, story, music, graphics (for its time) and above all open world (especially for its time). However, if I look at games like Skyward Sword I think this franchise is dead. - Not forgetting that the average solo RPG just outclasses the Zelda-concept these days. Zelda: NX has to be a better Skyrim or Link will probably only live on inThe best Zelda ever, at least until now. Superb gameplay, story, music, graphics (for its time) and above all open world (especially for its time). However, if I look at games like Skyward Sword I think this franchise is dead. - Not forgetting that the average solo RPG just outclasses the Zelda-concept these days. Zelda: NX has to be a better Skyrim or Link will probably only live on in Smash like Pit and other legacy characters. Expand
  31. Dec 9, 2015
    A great game for its time, maybe even the best game of that decade. Ocarina of the Time set a "before" and an "after" for 3d videogames, and its gameplay has remained in every adventure game after it.

But right now, it is only the oldest 3D Zelda game out there, and it shows. The gameplay gets clunky and the story and characters can't compete with newer games on the saga.
  32. Dec 6, 2015
    A lot of red numbers again. Jesus. Anyway, this is one of the best zelda´s. The graphics are excelent, the music gives you a feel of liberty, the gameplay is very good. One of the best games of 2003. In the other side I would like more islands hehe. At the beginning I was not comfortable with the design of the characters, but now I think that was a good move from nintendo because it gaveA lot of red numbers again. Jesus. Anyway, this is one of the best zelda´s. The graphics are excelent, the music gives you a feel of liberty, the gameplay is very good. One of the best games of 2003. In the other side I would like more islands hehe. At the beginning I was not comfortable with the design of the characters, but now I think that was a good move from nintendo because it gave to zelda´s franchise a new perspective. If you have the game keep it. If you dont have it, get it now !! Expand
  33. Nov 4, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a Passable zelda game, only good, at the start was awesome with those cartoon graphics and everything, those expressions were good. Then the second act come, the earth temple was great but the wind temple was awfull. Then the search for the treasure chart and triforces i was dead by that part of boring. It's a good zelda game to beat but it's because is a zelda game. Expect good things at first expression but also expect things drop excitment after. Expand
  34. Sep 4, 2015
    A masterpiece that will always have a special place in my heart ... It's truly a magical game. My uncle bought it for me when I was 4 and I still play it to this day .. And it was so ahead of its time, every charcter evey place in the universe has its own personnality. Possibly one of the most underreated game of all time :)

PS: Sorry for my bad english, but I had to write this review.

PS: Sorry for my bad english, but I had to write this review. ^^
    Big ♥ - xKahta
  35. Aug 11, 2015
    Even though I'm not a Legend of Zelda fan (I'm mostly a Playstation gamer) this is easily one of my favourite games of all time and the best game on the GameCube hands down (followed closely by Super Smash Bros Melee). The beautiful for it's time graphics, the memorable characters, the great level design in the dungeons, the brilliant combat along with plenty of interesting items and theEven though I'm not a Legend of Zelda fan (I'm mostly a Playstation gamer) this is easily one of my favourite games of all time and the best game on the GameCube hands down (followed closely by Super Smash Bros Melee). The beautiful for it's time graphics, the memorable characters, the great level design in the dungeons, the brilliant combat along with plenty of interesting items and the interesting islands waiting for you to explore are some of the many reasons why this entry in the series is up there with Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Expand
  36. Jun 25, 2015
    This game is the first game I've ever played in my life and i just love it. Collecting everything is such an adventure, and the characters are awesome. this game rocks!
  37. Apr 11, 2015
    This game was my childhood. Although I watched my big brother play it when I was young, I loved it. Now I have Wind Waker after losing it a few years ago. It has brought back so many childhood memories.
  38. Mar 30, 2015
    Wind Waker is another favorable entry into the Zelda franchise. For me, I wasn't a big fan of the graphics. Looks like this type of graphics were you like it, or you don't. This was only part of the problem I had with this particular game. The story for me was too short, and it lacked that vast open world exploring which I expected so much from Wind Waker. The temples weren't thatWind Waker is another favorable entry into the Zelda franchise. For me, I wasn't a big fan of the graphics. Looks like this type of graphics were you like it, or you don't. This was only part of the problem I had with this particular game. The story for me was too short, and it lacked that vast open world exploring which I expected so much from Wind Waker. The temples weren't that challenging, and some, like the Forbidden Forest and Wind Temple, were very boring and not compelling. The final boss fight with Ganon however was incredible. Having the doomed Hyrule wash away while the Hero of Time fought against evil itself is what made this boss fight one of the best in the franchise. So overall, good game, but not alot of action until the very end. Otherwise, worth the money. Expand
  39. Mar 22, 2015
    The Wind Waker had quite a challenge ahead of it: overcoming Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask would be no easy feat. Unfortunately, it didn't accomplish it but it's still an excellent Zelda experience nonetheless. One of my favorite things here is the graphical art style. It's definitely timeless. The sea exploring and combat are all nice even if sailing for hours on end will getThe Wind Waker had quite a challenge ahead of it: overcoming Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask would be no easy feat. Unfortunately, it didn't accomplish it but it's still an excellent Zelda experience nonetheless. One of my favorite things here is the graphical art style. It's definitely timeless. The sea exploring and combat are all nice even if sailing for hours on end will get repetitive. That's really the only thing keeping the game from getting a perfect score. Other than that, The Wind Waker is an amazing game. Expand
  40. Dec 30, 2014
    This game does have some frustrating moments and the controls take some getting used to, but The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker is a very fun and charming game that everyone needs to play.
  41. Dec 27, 2014
    I review my games truthfully, and I have to be honest with you, the person reading this review... this game is AMAZING. I am not even a fan of the Zelda games, but the vast and colourful world was a huge step from the depressing world that was Majora's Mask (It was still a great game, just not a favourite of mine).

The creativity put into this game was incredible! With jars that

The creativity put into this game was incredible! With jars that teleport you back to the beginning, midway and to the boss door so you won't have to slog back to the beginning if you need supplies was pretty awesome. The follow up Zelda (Twilight Princess) just didn't feel as warm and cheerful as this game. Because when you sister gets abducted you just have that feeling to go rescue her as when you played Twilight Princess you just didn't know what was happening.

The art style really captivated me, the cel-shaded look really brought the beauty of the game out and the amount of blue in this game almost blinds you it looks incredible!

A great feature they added in this game was sailing from destination to destination. Sometimes you got interrupted with an enemy that you needed to kill or you find some goodies that you need to fetch makes it very interesting to see what else is in the ocean.

The one truly thing about this game that was the icing on the cake was the soundtrack. With the catchy tunes when you first arrive on an island (Dragon Roost FTW!) from when you go into a boss battle and that intense music that gets you motivated to kick some butt!

Lastly, not much to say about gameplay as its the same with every other Zelda game. Fluent controllers, perfect camera angle, and its easy to slice someone up without missing. The puzzles can be tedious at points but when you finally solve it, it feels like you just became God for about 5 seconds.

I recommend this game to anyone who owns a Gamecube (or a Wii U and grab the HD version). Its a 10 for me, the one game that felt almost near perfection because nothing is perfect so it deserves a 10.
  42. Nov 28, 2014
    Windwaker fantastic game lacks some sophistication on some levels and has some lack of replay value but the characters in the game are incredible and so are the controls not a whiff of the wretched WII MOTE GARBAGE great puzzles a fascinating ocean great storyline enemies and a great plot with seriousness and humor both in it its a game that everyone should like.
    If you don't like this
    If you don't like this game you should try Ocarina of Time a game SO good I have NOTHING to say bad about it because its completely sophisticated and it has almost everything that you liked about Windwaker except the ocean and some of the humor.
    Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword are also good as for Hyrule Warriors its good but has problems
    Windwaker definitely worth playing and getting but thats just my opinion I am impartial to giving it a high rating
  43. Oct 25, 2014
    After a link to the past, this is my favorite zelda, may be not as challenging as ocarina but the nice world in which happens this tale won me over, love the visuals, they are stunning.

Only bad thing i can say about this game is the boat travel, gets tedious quickly and thanks to it i never played it again. Ive read that in the WiiU remake they fixed this so im getting it for sure!
  44. Oct 13, 2014
    Easy bosses, very few dungeons and an unimaginative world with islands that serve little purpose. My least favorite 3D Zelda game. If all islands were expanded upon and contained interesting and unique locations, the score would be much higher.
  45. Sep 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game gave me the opposite reaction of Twilight Princess. When I saw they had decided to make a cartoonish Zelda, it was a massive turn-off for me, so much that I hesitated to play it (the complete opposite of Twilight Princess where I was excited to play it). Then when I got the game, it exceeded my expectations (once again opposite of Twilight Princess where it failed my expectations), the overworld is beautiful and the exploration is just magical. The characters were vibrant and memorable, and the gameplay was well done (though it did not bring much gameplay to the series). The one qualm I have with this game is that the sailing takes too long, even when warp points start to appear in the game. The Triforce quest was also boring and took away from the excitement I had in this time so that when I got to Ganondorf I had to hype myself up again. However, overall that does not take away from how good this game was. 9.3/10 Expand
  46. Aug 18, 2014
    This game is without doubt a master piece being one of my favourite games of all time and it saddens me that it is never considered to be one of the best game ever and why I always bring it up in these conversations I cans find no fault with it bar the rare frame rate drop in lengthy cannon battles from its beautiful cell shaded graphics with I have no idea why people dislike it for meThis game is without doubt a master piece being one of my favourite games of all time and it saddens me that it is never considered to be one of the best game ever and why I always bring it up in these conversations I cans find no fault with it bar the rare frame rate drop in lengthy cannon battles from its beautiful cell shaded graphics with I have no idea why people dislike it for me they perfectly suit the style of game windwaker is the cell shading really make everything just feel alive from the bosses to the grass yes the grass is gorgeous with the way it flow with the wind and changes when link psychically changes the direction of the wind making for some great puzzles in some of most rounded out and well designed dungeons in any of the zelda franchise it also changes up the formula from previous titles such as ocarina of time and majoras mask with its open world exploration in the vast ocean of a once glorious flooded hyrule this world contains many many islands and secrets which makes filling out the world map hard but not tedious at any stretch of the imagination with lots of references from ocarina of time such as the great deku shrub which has fully grown Over all I think that wind waker is not the best title in the zelda franchise but is easily a close second or third it is outstanding game which everyone should play if not for the game for the vast open oceans and beautiful features this game has to offer Expand
  47. Aug 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wind waker is a game I see in a bit of an awkward spot. It is never easy to follow up 2 of the best games of all time, and because of that everyone who saw the original trailer was skeptical. Now about 10 years later lets have a look back on this game. Well for one, the graphic still look fine, better than the re release in fact with those awful amounts of bloom. Problems begin with the sailing. I know some people love it, but i just saw it as unbearable, too little stretched over too much. changing the winds was also a tedious process that deserves mentioning. Anyway, the game controls alright in all other aspects, but heres my main gripe. WW represents the fact that the legend of zelda has no idea what to do after being the best game ever. Its like the boston red sox, unable to follow a succesful year and instead just saying hey remember that. I hate how (SPOILER... is the one person who hasent plaid this gone? good) you visit hyrule, because it shows a game that wants to associate with oot. its the 2nd fiddle trying to hand out with first chair, following him around taking notes. Mabey the one other "problem" ww fixed was it gave link a personality, but why does he need that? He was fine as a blank hero forced into a role, there was no problem with that. In every zelda game the enemies had been more interesting than the hero, and theres no problem with that. Finaly, lets discuss gameplay. Its zelda, it hasent changed. its good, reliable, but my problem with windwaker it lacks variety. MM added the masks and an interesting attack pattern, oot set the foundation. ww goes back to square one on this. dungeon design is interesting, but without any great items (besides the deku leaf) it lacks a fun way to explore. So all in all, i cant say ww was bad, but it refused to be the leap loz needed to stay with the times. It almost represents nintendo entirely, saying hey remember when we made (every nintendo series ever) lets make it again. sequels are only good if they add somthing nintendo. all in all ww needed to do more, but was never bad to play, just boring Expand
  48. Jul 31, 2014
    Much controversy still revolves around this title due to it's cutesy art style. Nonetheless, this has turned out to be an amazing title in the series. Clever dungeons, awesome art style (You know you like it), and memorable characters make it this one of the best Zelda adventures ever. 10/10 (I also reviewed the Wii U version)
  49. Jul 22, 2014
    What can be said about this game other than that it truly defines Ethereal. I grew up with this game as a kid, it was certainly gaming at it's finest.

Where do we begin? This game presents a great story, a very immersive one at that. The game controls and runs as smooth as butter. Combat is exciting and is as smooth as the rest of the gameplay. One of my favorite features of this game is that enemies react to getting hit, losing armor, or not even having a weapon; it provides a good laugh or chuckle seeing them react to it. Level design is fantastic, dungeons are fun but can also be puzzling and difficult at some points (as to expect from a Legend of Zelda game). The game's style is great and is very attractive, but a major positive about this game is it's soundtrack. This game has one of the most memorable soundtracks I've ever played in a video game. I remember just about every boss theme, and area tune that plays every now and then.

Out of all the Legend of Zelda games, I have to say that this game is probably the best. I recommend it to anyone.
  50. Jun 27, 2014
    Better than Ocarina of Time, better than Skyward Sword, its WIND WAKER!! Great story, great bosses, great levels, great characters, great EVERYTHING! Even link emotes, which is rarely seen in a Zelda game!
  51. Jun 3, 2014
    Cool artstyle, great gameplay, flawless story and an amazing soundtrack. What more can you ask for?

I can understand how some wouldn't take the game seriously because of the artstyle, but this **** is not to be underestimated. I felt sorry for the game, at the time, as many fans were disappointed in the way it looked, but I believe so many were really suprised when it came out. The story, as I said, is the unique part about this game, along with the beautiful music. One of my faves. Thank you, Nintendo.
  52. May 27, 2014
    Graphics: 10 Sound: 9.5 Gameplay: 10 Fun/Story: 10

Graphics: 10 Sound: 9.5 Gameplay: 10 Fun/Story: 10

First: i´m not a cel shading fan. Of course i´m not saying that it´s bad, and it isn´t. Sometimes it´s beautiful. Second: i love zelda, and in that time i really wanted a realistic zelda. After all this game is big because it proved by itself that it´s a masterpiece. Nintendo proved with this game that it´s a company apart from the rest and i explain why: 10 years later i played this game on WiiU and the feeling was... Breathtaking.
  53. May 11, 2014
    I remember all the hate this game got when it first came out. I was just a kid and had no preconceived notions, so I gave it a chance and bought it new. Nostalgia aside, this game is truly one of those experiences that only Nintendo can provide. Its just magical, and if you doubt me, just give it a try.
  54. Mar 24, 2014
    One of the greatest games of all time, a flawless gem, such polish. The "controversial" cel-shaded graphics are breathtaking even by today's standards. This game is made out of magic and delicious tears of joy.
  55. Feb 8, 2014
    All praise to Nintendo for the creative art direction that really brings such character to this entry in the Zelda series. As always, the quality of gameplay and puzzling is high. The sailing will no doubt get on some people's nerves, but for me, it's all build up for the atmosphere. Play this
  56. Jan 29, 2014
    I would like say this is my opinion so if this bothers you its not my fault but i thought about half of this game was tedious mainly the triforce shards. If I wanted a collectathon game id play banjo kazooie. which was a great game but the sailing and the collecting is dumb,one last thing making tingle apart of this game was so stupid or is that just my i give this a 6/10
  57. Dec 20, 2013
    This game is one of the best games I've played for GameCube! The graphics are awesome and shiny. The gameplay is very good when you actually know what you are doing. I used to play this game when I was 4 years old.
  58. Dec 20, 2013
    The only reason I'm not giving this a ten is because sailing is kind of boring but that's what the Cyclone Song is for!!! The graphics look amazing, the music was great, and it had the only camera in a 3D Zelda game that I DIDN'T HATE!
  59. Dec 12, 2013
    The best part about this game, is the big giant open world to explore, you can just sail for hours and never get bored. Sure some people may complain about the different style of graphics but that is what makes this game unique.
  60. Dec 8, 2013
    Ever wonder why Nintendo can compete with far superior consoles? Creativity. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker received much criticism for its cell shading graphics but as time passed they have allowed the game to age gracefully while giving the game a character unique in the franchise.

Graphics are not what Zelda games are about though, it is the gameplay which makes them so brilliant and Wind Waker does not falter in delivering great gameplay. The sense of journey sailing when around Links world and the rich characters you meet along the way make this game in my eyes deserving of equal acclaim received by previous instalments. The only criticism one could have would be the unchanged temples challenges indifferent from the previous games. However, tinker with what made the Zelda games so great? I think not.

This game took the Zelda franchise in a fresh new direction without deviating from what made the old games great. It makes you want buy a yacht and set sail....Caribbean or Polynesia?
  61. Dec 7, 2013
    Wind Waker. In my opinion it's the best Zelda game out there. Sure the sailing and tri-force shards were tedious, I admit but it really gives you a chance to feel free and explore. The story is amazing, the soundtrack is easily the best in all of Zelda, and Link himself is great. Most hate this game because of the graphics style, but have you actually sat down and played this game? If youWind Waker. In my opinion it's the best Zelda game out there. Sure the sailing and tri-force shards were tedious, I admit but it really gives you a chance to feel free and explore. The story is amazing, the soundtrack is easily the best in all of Zelda, and Link himself is great. Most hate this game because of the graphics style, but have you actually sat down and played this game? If you liked Link in Ocarina of Time (who by the way is emotionless) you'll love the our new loving hero, Toon Link. A few minor flaws are the difficulty (which is very insulting to the Zelda franchise considering it's very simple,) the fact that there are only 7 dungeons (if you include the Forsaken Fortress and Ganon's Castle that is,) and of course the infamous Tri-Force quest which could've been 9 more dungeons. I wouldn't give it a ten but my score rounded is ten, I'd give it a 9.7/10. Expand
  62. Dec 1, 2013
    The Wind Waker is as good and as magical as any Zelda game can get. There is yet to be game that gives such an amazing sense of adventure as its being played. The combat feels refined, the characters and story are memorable, and the presentation with its stunning visuals, charming art style, and marvelous soundtrack fits perfectly with the experience. It's something great to experience toThe Wind Waker is as good and as magical as any Zelda game can get. There is yet to be game that gives such an amazing sense of adventure as its being played. The combat feels refined, the characters and story are memorable, and the presentation with its stunning visuals, charming art style, and marvelous soundtrack fits perfectly with the experience. It's something great to experience to this day. This is the series at its finest. Expand
  63. Oct 23, 2013
    Holy this IS the best game Ever EVERYBODY who dont like are brain****ted the time where I played this was the BEST time in my hole entire life I THANK YOU NINTENDO shame on me for playing this I don't deserve it.
  64. Sep 18, 2013
    It's better than Ocarina of Time in my opinion, but the sailing and Triforce quest is annoying. Using the Wind Waker for changing direction of the wind and the command melody gets extremely annoying.
    Advice for people that haven't played the game: Buy lots of bait from Beedle's, and put them out for a fish as you play the game, not all at the last minute. It helps a bunch.
  65. Sep 18, 2013
    The Best Game In The Whole UNIVERSE!!!! I loved it! So amazing,so...AWESOME!!!! Better than the other zelda games(Expect from Ocarina Of Time and Majora's Mask)
  66. Sep 17, 2013
    While most people say Ocarina of Time is the greatest game of all time (and it certainly is a true masterpiece) there is one Zelda which is even better: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. The game is possibly the greatest game ever created or if not, atleast the best on the gamecube. The game's visuals (which are unfairly criticized) are gorgeous even 10 years later. While the gameplayWhile most people say Ocarina of Time is the greatest game of all time (and it certainly is a true masterpiece) there is one Zelda which is even better: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. The game is possibly the greatest game ever created or if not, atleast the best on the gamecube. The game's visuals (which are unfairly criticized) are gorgeous even 10 years later. While the gameplay is mostly the same as Ocarina, the few slight tweaks and adjustments mix it, the games only poor section the the infamous Triforce Quest, however the rest of the game is incredible enough to overshadow that portion. Very few games can even come close to the amazing experience of The Wind Waker. Expand
  67. Sep 11, 2013
    Very engaging, with a new take on the Zelda universe with the addition of the great sea, and cell shaded graphics. Although starts off a little sluggishly the game delivers an excellent plot where Link finds a new world on each island. The islands themselves are always exciting to stumble across, however I feel that they are a bit small and don't give the sense of habitability and realism.Very engaging, with a new take on the Zelda universe with the addition of the great sea, and cell shaded graphics. Although starts off a little sluggishly the game delivers an excellent plot where Link finds a new world on each island. The islands themselves are always exciting to stumble across, however I feel that they are a bit small and don't give the sense of habitability and realism.
    Nonetheless the game is rightly considered a classic, with many brilliant moments, my favourite being the construction of the Triforce during a difficult and challenging but thoroughly rewarding hunt.

Well worth a purchase as it is a true legend, no pun intended.
  68. Sep 7, 2013
    It brought an easy to control camera, fluent animation and a feeling of continuity to the franchise. The game feels rushed during the second half of the plot, though, and spending so much time just getting from one island to another gets tedious pretty soon.
  69. Aug 20, 2013
    I quite literally adore this game, forget that it is even part of a series, this is my favorite game ever.

Are you looking for a game that you can sit down and play casually for half an hour before work? Are you looking for one that you could spend hours on without getting bored? Well you can do either with this game. The player friendly attitude of this game welcomes any type of gamer, and I found myself sucked into the story for hours at a time. Its easy to say to yourself 'I'll complete this dungeon and go to bed' but then you find yourself curious as to where the adventure goes next and if it isn't your first play through of the game it's just as easy to find yourself remembering the next brilliant part of the story and playing for a bit longer.

The one thing that will strike you about the game is the graphics, which are a lot more cartoony than some fans may appreciate but I think they work perfectly. They are a constant reminder of how you should be feeling whilst playing this game, calm and relaxed. Whether you like the graphics or not there is no denying that Link's facial expressions are hilarious and more importantly informative, you can always tell how our young hero is feeling. If he is angry you can tell, if he is frightened he will look scared and if he is happy then you will see this expression etched across his face.

The gameplay is flawless and everything works how you feel it should, combat is fun and item usage easy. The gameplay in this game does everything it should, and because it is so easy to grasp you can put your focus into enjoying the well told story.

Though this is quite a short game (for Zelda standards) this to just adds to the relaxed and light hearted atmosphere, it doesn't take long to get to the next part of the story and keeps momentum going for the most part.

The main theme of this game is the sailing which is good fun and is a great way to add exploration to the game. It is easy to pick up and is an interesting way to travel around the huge world. There is one part of the story where the sailing did become a bit of a chore but I am not going to give away spoilers and people who have already played this will know what I am referring to anyway, but this is the only part of the game I didn't enjoy.

The fairly low difficulty of the game does not make the experience at all unenjoyable but again fits with the atmosphere of the game. Everything just feels right.

If you have already played this game, then go and play it again, if you have not then get yourself a copy! Either on GameCube or wait until the Wii U HD release. You will not regret it.
  70. Aug 12, 2013
    Honestly, if I had to choose one of the Zelda titles to be my first and foremost favorite LoZ title of all time, I wouldn't choose Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, A Link to the Past, or any other game- I would choose Wind Waker. Everything from the reinvented art style to the awesome assortment of gadgets and gizmos you collect over your high flying high seas adventure just screams outHonestly, if I had to choose one of the Zelda titles to be my first and foremost favorite LoZ title of all time, I wouldn't choose Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, A Link to the Past, or any other game- I would choose Wind Waker. Everything from the reinvented art style to the awesome assortment of gadgets and gizmos you collect over your high flying high seas adventure just screams out 'epic!' to me for some reason. The boss fights were almost always phenomenal and invigorating. The areas of the world opened up to you after defeating bosses, collecting new items, or learning new tricks were always fun to explore and awesome to experience firsthand. Interacting with the awesome NPCs from Beetle to Pearl or Tetra was always exciting and even humorous or scary at times. Gannon's reimagined form was terrifying and powerful, the twist with Zelda comes at the perfect time, and tying all of that in to the original, driving story line behind nearly ever Zelda game- with Hyrule meeting some odd end or being trapped elsewhere, was epic if there ever was a true sense of the word. All in all, I loved the way the GC used the controls, even how it tied in your GB or GBA with the Tingle Tuner and other funny gizmos. The open world was one of the largest yet, and is still almost as big as others such as Twilight Princess. The experience was just...beyond true words for me. And for that reason, Wind Waker is the only perfect ten that I've ever given out in the years I've been reviewing games, and it is completely deserving of the hundreds of hours I've spent playing and replaying excellent dungeons such as Tower of the Gods and Earth Temple. You go Nintendo, and all because of what you did with this game, which is easily my favorite one out of all the others you've ever crafted. This is my love letter for Zelda essentially, and I implore you to at least give it a try if you haven't yet. Expand
  71. Aug 3, 2013
    This game is one of the best gamecube games of all time. Better then Super Mario Sunshine, Animal Crossing, and Smash Bro. Melee. Link is a great ip and will always have new games just like Mario, but this game was out of left field. The game is all about going island to island in your boat called King of Red Lion. This was my favorite part of the game. Its just really awesome to be linkThis game is one of the best gamecube games of all time. Better then Super Mario Sunshine, Animal Crossing, and Smash Bro. Melee. Link is a great ip and will always have new games just like Mario, but this game was out of left field. The game is all about going island to island in your boat called King of Red Lion. This was my favorite part of the game. Its just really awesome to be link and know that no matter what direction you go in you will find something to do. There are a lot of items in game and each one has there own unique ability. Normal items that you see in every Link game like bombs and a bow an arrows are in this game but new items are out in the world that are great to look for. The music is great and matches the all around feel of the game, the graphics make the game more unique because its a more cartoon like. The Story is amazing because its about saving a princess and who doesn't like that story. In the end this is a must have and anyone who says other wise is lying to them self. Expand
  72. Jul 25, 2013
    beautiful game, beautiful atmosphere, beautiful music, beautiftul story! what more can i say! its incredibly fun going out and exploring the islands in the deep great sea! the world is so vast with tons of content to discover! you feel so free in this game! you can literally go anywhere in the map right from the get go! it would probably take you about 30 to 40 minutes to travel from onebeautiful game, beautiful atmosphere, beautiful music, beautiftul story! what more can i say! its incredibly fun going out and exploring the islands in the deep great sea! the world is so vast with tons of content to discover! you feel so free in this game! you can literally go anywhere in the map right from the get go! it would probably take you about 30 to 40 minutes to travel from one side of the map to the other! a great and wondrous game! the music is great and fits in well with what this game is trying to portray! an epic story, epic final boss battle, and lots of interesting quirky characters to meet!

only complaint with game! its too easy! way too easy! and sometimes i cant help but wonder how great this game wouldve looked if it was aimed for realistic graphics! the graphics are good, they are,! its very stylized! so i wont bang on the graphics!

overall the game is superb! if only this game was harder and more challenging, then this game wouldve fringed even closer to perfect!

9 out of 10!
  73. Jun 22, 2013
    Wind Waker is a very fun and epic game. Many have complained about the game being too short and sailing being boring, but in my opinion sailing was relaxing and, maybe I was just stupid or did a lot of sidequests, but the game felt really long to me. The dungeons are fun and diverse, there is a lot to see and do on the Great Sea, combat was fun (although too easy for the most part),Wind Waker is a very fun and epic game. Many have complained about the game being too short and sailing being boring, but in my opinion sailing was relaxing and, maybe I was just stupid or did a lot of sidequests, but the game felt really long to me. The dungeons are fun and diverse, there is a lot to see and do on the Great Sea, combat was fun (although too easy for the most part), characters are mostly great and unforgettable and the story was good too. There are a few flaws, like the easiness, but I enjoyed it so much, that I'm giving it a perfect ten. Expand
  74. Jun 21, 2013
    Simply put, this game is a masterpiece. It takes the solid structure of OoT and the creativity of MM and perfects them both. It's not without flaw, but the faults are easy to overlook. One of the best Zelda games around.
    9.6/10
  75. Jun 18, 2013
    I remember that I was one of the guys who thought the series was ruined by the art changes and decried as kiddy. Then I played it and it occurred to me that I was being petty and childish. The graphics and art style are fantastic, the gameplay and controls are not just some of the best in the Zelda series, but in gaming in general, and the story and dungeon design are some of the series finest.
  76. Jun 8, 2013
    The Legend of Zelda franchise is highly regarded in gaming circles with the Ocarina of Time regularly featuring near the top of 'Best Ever Game' lists. As a result The Wind Waker had a lot to live up to on release, fortunately Nintendo have yet again delivered.

Taking place 100 years after the classic N64 title The Wind Waker is arguably the most epic in the series to date. The game starts on Link's birthday as he is given the famous green outfit that every boy receives upon reaching a certain age. Before the celebrations are over however his sister is kidnapped and thus begins his quest. Players will soon notice that Hyrule has changed greatly in the past 100 years and following a great flood everyone is forced to travel by boat. Despite this the play mechanics are similar to its N64 predecessors with the islands dotted around the world acting as the usual dungeons with puzzles to solve and enemies to defeat.

Some of these dungeons are perhaps a little similar but a number of minor tweaks and improvements help to differentiate the game from others in the series. Control of Link is now far more intuitive and every action can be executed with a level of precision that even most modern games cannot match with the Gamecubes C-Stick now allowing for manual control of the camera helping to alleviate any line of sight problems. Combat is also improved with enemies offering visual clues as to their next attack allowing the player to react with cinematic attacks if they time there moves correctly.

A sense of scale is maintained throughout the game with players being able to travel virtually anyway right from the get go with only few areas being inaccessible for plot reasons. Travelling across the seas in your boat is for the most part an enjoyable experience with random enemy encounters keeping you on your toes. Strangely it is the Wind Waker instrument itself that is the biggest annoyance. Playing it changes the direction of the wind allowing link to sail in the desired direction but an animation sequence, that cannot be skipped, means this takes far longer than necessary and can be particularly irritating when you need to change direction two or three times to reach your destination.

It is easy to forget any minor problems however when given over twenty hours of gameplay and the best graphics of any game on the console (or most other consoles for that matter). The Wind Waker is an underrated gem in the Zelda series and well worth picking up on the Gamecube or Wii console.
  77. May 14, 2013
    This is my absolute favourite game of the Zelda series. Great storyline, great characters (except for Tingle, he is hideous :D) It has a lot of amazing bosses and opponents and a cool story. The only problem is that takes a little bit of time on navigating from island to island and when you don't know what to do and start to randomly navigate through islands it gets a little boring.
  78. Apr 17, 2013
    One of my favorite games of all time and my favorite Zelda game. Its one of the best gaming worlds ever created. The artsyle and graphics are still amazing to this day....better than a lot of games nowadays and a lot more fun. The game has this amazing whimsical charm that transports you to this Disney-like World where you have to overcome evil. The people are kooky and fun to talk toOne of my favorite games of all time and my favorite Zelda game. Its one of the best gaming worlds ever created. The artsyle and graphics are still amazing to this day....better than a lot of games nowadays and a lot more fun. The game has this amazing whimsical charm that transports you to this Disney-like World where you have to overcome evil. The people are kooky and fun to talk to and you encounter so many fun locations that you must explore and figure out how to traverse...its fantastic exploration element is what most games are missing nowadays. Its true, finding the triforce pieces near the end was truly a pain in the ass, but overall this game is still a masterpiece. Few games can match the soul of this game. Few games fully immerse and truly transport you to a faraway land. I remember first playing the game, and not liking the cartoony style or the simplicity of the characters, dialogue, and story. But as I played more and more, the game really grew on me. Years later, when I looked back on the game from time to time, I realized how much fun I really had playing the game. This is a game that sticks with you for a lifetime :D Expand
  79. Apr 15, 2013
    The Legend of Zelda The Wind waker is an exceptional title. The new cel-shaded art style was fitting for this game, with many interesting ideas and locations. The music is also great as per Zelda games go. But, there are some problems. Firstly, the sailing can be boring at times, and the triforce hunt at the end wasn't very fun either. But all in all, this game is amazing and a MUST HAVEThe Legend of Zelda The Wind waker is an exceptional title. The new cel-shaded art style was fitting for this game, with many interesting ideas and locations. The music is also great as per Zelda games go. But, there are some problems. Firstly, the sailing can be boring at times, and the triforce hunt at the end wasn't very fun either. But all in all, this game is amazing and a MUST HAVE for any Zelda fan.

80. Apr 6, 2013
    Im replaying this masterpiece at the moment. This game was my first LoZ game and its my favorite. I never grow tired of sailing over The Great Sea. The dungeons were a bit too short but that doesn't matter. Overall a great game!
  81. Mar 23, 2013
    This game is a beautifully crafted masterpiece. The graphics are not only colorful and vibrant, they really are timeless. This game doesn't look like a game from 2003 by any means.

The game itself is rather easy, but offers hours upon hours of a fun gaming experience. The sailing gets a bit tedious after awhile and requires the right mindset to be in for a proper experience. However, this is fitting for a game like this as it sets an adventurous tone. The middle part of the game drags a little bit, with the whole triforce fetch quest (to avoid spoilers, I won't go into here.) Let's just say that it takes a lot of time and is pretty repetitive.

Overall, this game is one of the stronger Legend of Zelda titles out there. If you haven't picked it up yet, what are you waiting for?
  82. Feb 26, 2013
    Great Zelda Game. I like the whole Idea with the Sea and the Sailing and everything else is top. In the beginning I wasn´t sure about Wind Waker because of the graphics but it turned out to be a great game.
  83. Jan 30, 2013
    First off, this is my favorite game of all time. This game has an amazing nostalgia factor and the graphics style is my favorite of all Zelda games. I love the sailing mechanics, it felt open when sailing. It is kind of like Far Cry of Elder Scrolls, you want to walk everywhere because the world is beautiful and there are things you can do when not completing dungeons. The story isFirst off, this is my favorite game of all time. This game has an amazing nostalgia factor and the graphics style is my favorite of all Zelda games. I love the sailing mechanics, it felt open when sailing. It is kind of like Far Cry of Elder Scrolls, you want to walk everywhere because the world is beautiful and there are things you can do when not completing dungeons. The story is great, and with the official timeline out, it fits in. I love the characters and they are interesting. I want to delve into the lore of this game because the Zelda lore is terrific. The gameplay is terrific and the dungeons are great. The one I did not like as much was the final dungeon, it felt too short. The final dungeon of OoT was great, it was the perfect size. But other than that, I love everything about the game. The items are great (the telescope is the only exception), which is one thing Zelda does right. The items are always creative. The quests are great, using the advantage of the Great Sea and boat travel. The Wind Waker was great playing the different songs on, it felt easy to use but a bit more complex than other Zelda games. I love almost everything about this game. If I could give it a 9.9, I would. This game is a must-own for any gamer. Get OoT, MM, and this game. You will have enough Zelda games for quite some times. Expand
  84. Jan 19, 2013
    One of the greatest games of my childhood and to this day is the Wind Waker. Never before have I seen such a beautiful, unique world that enraptures the player with a seamless combination of wonderful gameplay, story, and aesthetics. Everything in this game exudes a timeless magic that I hope one day my children, and even you, can experience.
  85. Dec 30, 2012
    This is my favorite Zelda. Zelda is freakin' hott in this one, even if she looks like she's 12. Overall i'd say this game is super **** plus Zelda has nice ****
  86. Dec 8, 2012
    There is a reason why this is my favorite game of all time. I had it as a kid and loved it. And I still love it today. Fun, amazing graphics, emotional, epic, and very recommended. 10/10.
  87. Nov 15, 2012
    To be fair, I played through the game multiple times and finished the game twice. There are no flaws with the game that include gameplay, glitches, or anything bad. But there is one thing that has completely killed the mood of the game. It is the reason why my friends who borrow the game from me never finished it. The problem is the part where you are collecting the Triforce Shards.To be fair, I played through the game multiple times and finished the game twice. There are no flaws with the game that include gameplay, glitches, or anything bad. But there is one thing that has completely killed the mood of the game. It is the reason why my friends who borrow the game from me never finished it. The problem is the part where you are collecting the Triforce Shards. The task requires collecting about 3200 ruppies, 21 joy pendants, and collecting the triforce charts, decoding them with said ruppies, and then going out and fetching them. It took me forever to find out how to get into the Oasis for the last triforce chart. I can't believe I am saying this but at least in OOT Navi would give you a hint on where to go, sure she yells HEY way too much but at least she probably could have told me to go to outset island to start. This whole sequence with the shards ruin the experience and slows the game down, and it's very unfortunate because before this you were in 3 dungeons that reveal a lot and get you immersed in the game, but then this whole triforce shard part shows up and it's a complete buzzkill. Expand
  88. Oct 7, 2012
    I think it's the best in the series; Best soundtrack, unique story(until TP), realistic characters, beautifully unique graphics, free camera range, greatest overworld, and a crap ton of extra content. I'm actually a bit disappointed in Nintendo for thinking they had to apologize by making Twilight Princess.
  89. Sep 5, 2012
    Before I say anything else, I will say that overall Wind Waker is an extremely innovative and intriguing Zelda title, worthy of the addition to the series. I will however say that there are a few things here that set this game back from being the "perfect gem" it could have been. First off, while the graphics are cartoonish, they feel smooth after adapting and fit well with the ZeldaBefore I say anything else, I will say that overall Wind Waker is an extremely innovative and intriguing Zelda title, worthy of the addition to the series. I will however say that there are a few things here that set this game back from being the "perfect gem" it could have been. First off, while the graphics are cartoonish, they feel smooth after adapting and fit well with the Zelda theme. Some environments including dungeons do lack some excitement though, the depth portrayed in previous titles is hindered by the graphics. The game play is very solid and boss fights are challenging, but overall I feel the difficulty is not on par with other titles. Finding certain items and areas can take some time, but the excessive time spent at sea can get EXTREMELY tedious. With a few flaws set aside though, Wind Waker is actually a blast to play, the story is great, and the entire adventure will take some serious time. If you are a Zelda fan like me, this game is worth exploring if you haven't already, just make sure you don't get sea-sick. Expand
  90. Aug 23, 2012
    When I first saw this game I was like, "WHAT THEY DO TO THE GRAPHICS?". That kept me from buying WW in the first place. I then played this game at a friend's house and it was amazing. Large over-world to explore, great story and potential to speed-run. 10/10 and that's being strict in my rating.
  91. Aug 10, 2012
    Wind Waker is a once in a lifetime kind of adventure, and is certainly in my top 5 favorite games of all time. It is a game that is timeless, because even today it trumps many games being released, not only in gameplay, but in visuals and aesthetics. Wind Waker is a rare gem that will hold it's splendor and depth for decades, provided the hardware lasts.
  92. Jun 13, 2012
    One of the best Zeldas in the series. Fantastic art graphics and smooth gameplay. Easy for anyone to play. Storyline is once again top notch as is the entire environment. Probably one of the best soundtracks of any game out there. Aside from it being extremely fun, this Zelda title brought me back to loving the series since Ocarina of Time. In my opinion, it was probably the best inOne of the best Zeldas in the series. Fantastic art graphics and smooth gameplay. Easy for anyone to play. Storyline is once again top notch as is the entire environment. Probably one of the best soundtracks of any game out there. Aside from it being extremely fun, this Zelda title brought me back to loving the series since Ocarina of Time. In my opinion, it was probably the best in the series since I fell in love with the whole game. Expand
  93. Jun 11, 2012
    Certainly my favorite Zelda game. Lots of fun content. cool storyline with a great ending, one of the best game atmospheres ever created. Beautiful graphics, great gameplay; although some dungeons are forgettable.
  94. May 26, 2012
    My favourite childhood game of all time. I loved every aspect of this game; story, gameplay, etc and I especially loved two aspects of the game alot of fans disliked; sailing and the cel-shaded graphics. The sailing was one of my favourite parts of the game because of the vast ocean that I loved to explore and find new islands to explore and find hidden treasure in them. The graphics was aMy favourite childhood game of all time. I loved every aspect of this game; story, gameplay, etc and I especially loved two aspects of the game alot of fans disliked; sailing and the cel-shaded graphics. The sailing was one of my favourite parts of the game because of the vast ocean that I loved to explore and find new islands to explore and find hidden treasure in them. The graphics was a nice turn of style as it was all bright and colourful which was nice and made me want to sail the ocean when it was day as it was all very bright and made me feel happy and adventurous. As I said before ever aspect was great and there were no flaws at all. Expand
  95. May 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great character development, Very enjoyable but standard plot and Excellent soundtrack The quirky and silly nature of link is enjoyable but the boat rides were simply boring. Maybe I'm blinded by Nostalgia but the Ocarina of Time horse rides didn't feel this boring. My guess is the lack of naval combat in the game. The "Temples" were fun for the most part and employed classic's like the hookshot but also added new mechanics like the flying leaf. It's a must buy for young children who enjoy puzzle games, which I would think is a niche market. Expand
  96. May 19, 2012
    An epic game but could have been so much more. Less sailing would have been a lot more enjoyable and maybe better dungeons and richer story line. Saving your sister and bumping into Zelda is kind of strange. I did enjoy the art style very much though. Needed better items and better dungeons too.
  97. May 18, 2012
    So much memories here. I first played OoT and MM, yet I still love this. A lot of people didn't like the more childish approach. I disagree. The graphics are amazing, even skyward sword, 8 years later, doesn't look much better. But the STORY is what makes WW a masterpiece for me. 10/10
  98. Apr 7, 2012
    Wind Waker is a pretty much a perfect game that suddenly and unexpectedly shoots itself in the foot. The graphical style is a love-it-or-hate-it type of affair. I really fell on the former side of that argument. I think the visuals are super-cute, colorful and expressive. The general gameplay and dungeons are superb, bringing out all the best traits of the Zelda franchise: Tight controls,Wind Waker is a pretty much a perfect game that suddenly and unexpectedly shoots itself in the foot. The graphical style is a love-it-or-hate-it type of affair. I really fell on the former side of that argument. I think the visuals are super-cute, colorful and expressive. The general gameplay and dungeons are superb, bringing out all the best traits of the Zelda franchise: Tight controls, imaginative puzzle, spectacular bosses... Just perfect! Then... BANG!! You're sent off on a seemingly endless fetch-quest across the ocean, finding shards of the tri-force that have been hidden around the world. No more dungeons or bosses. Just you, your boat and a map. I know that actually sounds like fun, but it's really not. It's just busy work you have to suffer through to reach the finale. BUT ... When you finally do emerge from all that crap, you'll find that the end sequences and final boss of the game are truly unforgettable. So, just about worth holding out for. Expand
  99. Feb 28, 2012
    A amazing piece of work! I absolutely love this game. It is positively entertaining. On the downside it takes FOREVER to get to one island to the other. Overall a amazing game.
  100. Feb 2, 2012
    The graphics are gorgeous , very gorgeous from the beginning to the end . While some stupid Zelda fans cried foul over that , they are considered the thrash in this list full of positive reviews. It looks fresh , tantalizing, impressed and pleased that Nintendo did this bold movement. The gameplay and the exploration are the main themes here. Even the sound/music is beautiful.

#1 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2003
#4 Most Shared GameCube Game of 2003

1. Weekly Famitsu
    10 / 10 / 10/ 10 - 40 platinum
    When one picks up the controller, the ability to step into that time and place (never more hauntingly beautiful than in this latest instalment) never loses its allure. Even the most hardened of cynics would have to admit that this title is something else entirely. It's the stuff of dreams. [JPN Import]
    Simply a stunning, magical game.