TimeSplitters 2 GameCube

8.8

1. Macca
    Nov 15, 2002
    Above average, but it has got a big flaw. The aiming system is rubbish. I mean its like trying to aim while tight roping. It?s that difficult. Give me Halo any day over this. Plus the multiplier is far too chaotic. I say wait until a better first person shooter comes out. If you can?t wait until then, then may I recommend cold showers every day, until better games gets released.
  2. Isaac
    Nov 16, 2002
    Framerates are good, even in 4-person split screen, but this doesn't save this shoddy title. Look in the credits and you'll notice there's no one with the title "Designer" and it is completely obvious. The storyline is trite and amateur, even by gaming standards. The levels are of an embarassing quality and a thoroughly amateur design. The AI is passable but uninteresting. Framerates are good, even in 4-person split screen, but this doesn't save this shoddy title. Look in the credits and you'll notice there's no one with the title "Designer" and it is completely obvious. The storyline is trite and amateur, even by gaming standards. The levels are of an embarassing quality and a thoroughly amateur design. The AI is passable but uninteresting. The character models are alright, but the animations are weak. I read all the reviews and was expected something of an exceptional quality (and always prepared to settle for just "OK") but not only was I disappointed, I was almost angered. Yet it's difficult to be mad when you are laughing at something so bad. Free Radical Design, and the sites that gave this much above my generous "6", should be ashamed. This feels like a game built in nine-months. As a game developer myself, it's extremely rare for me to return a game, but this one is going back to EB immediately. Expand

#9 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2002
#21 Most Shared GameCube Game of 2002

1. A whole new level in FPS gaming and I think everyone should get it. It is better than both "Goldeneye" and "Perfect Dark," and even better than "Halo."
  2. netjak
    The game is lightning fast, smoother than silk and chugs along like a Maserati at 60 frames per second. Yipes, was all I could say the first hour of play.
  3. What really stands out about Time Splitters 2 is not the gobs of stuff they’ve thrown in, but that each gob is so well crafted.