Ultimate Spider-Man GameCube

7.1

1. ShaneS.
    May 12, 2006
    This game has been overhyped by a few sites. I bought it based on a couple reviews that gave it a nine or above. I enjoyed Spiderman 2, and was expecting a Cell shaded improvement. Unfortunatly the web swinging, and combat are both dumbed down, and most of the missions are mindless chase missions. You do almost nothing but chasing bad guys. It might be fun except the web slinging is This game has been overhyped by a few sites. I bought it based on a couple reviews that gave it a nine or above. I enjoyed Spiderman 2, and was expecting a Cell shaded improvement. Unfortunatly the web swinging, and combat are both dumbed down, and most of the missions are mindless chase missions. You do almost nothing but chasing bad guys. It might be fun except the web slinging is dumbed down, and the buildings are spaced out too far, making chasing extremely difficult. Not much else to say. It's short simple, and almost as bad as the original spiderman game. Expand
  2. MikeG.
    Nov 26, 2005
    Fun while the main game lasted, which for me was only about four hours :(

#20 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2005
#7 Most Shared GameCube Game of 2005

1. AceGamez
    Ultimate Spider-Man may look very stylish and visually capture the essence of a comic perfectly, but the gameplay feels like a swing backwards in almost every department.
  2. Edge Magazine
    Did a purse-holder at Activision one day grapple fruitlessly with the last game's control system and scrawl in their subsequent notes "Make the next one so that I can play it"? Speculation aside, someone sure messed-up Spider-Man. [Dec 2005, p.108]
    A vibrant, eye-popping superhero disc that has more style, wit and compelling gameplay in its first 10 minutes than most games have in their entirety.