• Publisher: THQ
  • Release Date: Aug 30, 2004
9.4

1. Jun 27, 2011
    This is quite possibly the greatest pro-wrestling sim ever made. The roster is fairly robust, the controls are simple yet expansive, and the difficulty settings are finely tuned. I wasted many hours dreaming up angles and playing out the matches in exhibition mode; my only gripe is I wish there were title belts in exhibition mode that you could put on the line in matches. My only other gripe is that "rest holds" should not make my opponent submit. Other than that, this game is nearly perfect. Expand
  2. May 16, 2013
    WWE Day of Reckoning is a good game for the Nintendo GameCube. It has good graphics, story and controls. The momentum shift is a good addition to the controls.

1. The meat of the game is always in multiplayer, and Yuke's and THQ have handled that with finesse.
  2. Verbose cut scenes threaten to stall the mayhem, but two elements save the day: playable legends like Andre the Giant and "bra & panties" matches featuring such divas as Stacy Keibler and Trish Stratus. A little thong goes a long way.
    Those who are willing to give it a shot will find that it's a great package, offering wrestling fans more than enough to keep them entertained until next year's games offer something bigger, badder, and better.