3.9

1. Jul 20, 2012
    The game looks nice and obviously the physical engine works great. The forced tutorial is far too long. A score system is lacking. It's very disappointing to solve a puzzle with very few items and not end with a better score than if you used every items available...
  2. Jul 22, 2012
    The game is just not amazing as it sounds, I'm starting to think the creative ideas are depleted at Rovio. I'm afraid the studio is beginning to look like a 1 hit wonder that will be only known for Angry Birds. So much for the guys that think they'll become bigger than Disney.
  3. Jul 22, 2012
    This game is horrible. It is not fun nor interesting, I can't believe I got this game and I deleted it straight away. You don't do anything fun, its just boring boring boring
  4. Aug 2, 2012
    Just awesome! It is a tricky, relaxing and challenging Game, all in one, just great!. The Graphics are fantastic and i really love the Music! One of the best and perfect fitting games for iPhone. Hats off!
  5. Jan 5, 2014
    Today bros, I'd like to take some moments to take a good look at Amazing Alex. You see, this game was both developed and published by Rovio Entertainment (the creators of Angry Birds) for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone (ugh.) devices on July 12, 2012. That means that Amazing Alex has already been out for over a year now. However, like many mobile games these days, Amazing Alex has been largely ignored by IGN for all this time. Well, until today, that is.
    Amazing Alex is a physics-based (a shoutout to Grandmaster Jefferson Lima, btw) puzzle game. Players must use various objects given to them in order to solve a specific puzzle through the use of a chain reaction. These objects include books, pipes, soccer balls (or footballs, if you aren't American), bowling balls, and more. An example of what I'm talking about is shown below:
    Amazing Alex currently features 112 levels during normal gameplay. However, 8 "Levels of the Week" are introduced every week for playthrough (beware, they only last for a week before they are replaced). In addition, you can also download even more levels off of the Internet (well, specifically, their website). Plus, Amazing Alex even allows you to create your very own levels for both you and others to play! So yeah, Amazing Alex will (may) keep you busy for awhile.
    Similar to Angry Birds (what a surprise), each level within Amazing Alex allows you to collect three stars. Although, in this game, you actually have to grab a hold of them using the chain reaction that you create. So, none of that "I gotta blow up everything in my way for points" BS.
    Still, the game starts to free fall flat after awhile (no pun intended). Like Angry Birds before it, Amazing Alex's levels tend to become...repetitive. It just seems to get boring after awhile. Sure, Amazing Alex is fun in short bursts, but play for any longer than that, and it starts to become a chore. Nonetheless, Amazing Alex is still better than A LOT of mobile games out there bro. No doubt about it.
    And I can definitely say that this is much better than Angry Birds. So thanks Rovio Entertainment.

1. Oct 14, 2012
    Amazing Alex has a nice idea, but the levels are far too easy. Most of them can be completed without any thought whatsoever. Alex itself is one of the most annoying know-it-alls in recent memory and the game would be more enjoyable without his smug little face. [Sept 2012]
  2. Aug 24, 2012
    A cunning slice of mind exercising wrapped up in lovingly crafted visuals. [Oct 2012, p.94]
  3. Aug 11, 2012
    Amazing Alex is a fascinating product that demonstrates why smartphone games have gained immense popularity. It's fun, simple and inventive.