6.7

1. Jul 18, 2014
    This is so far my favourite Angry Birds game. It is more cooler than Angry Birds Star Wars. I like that you can play as the birds or the pigs, the telepod technology is awesome, specially if you play as pig in a bird level or the opposite. Those are my thoughts about the game, everyone is free to say something different, I like when there are different thoughts.
  2. Oct 11, 2014
    It has now had a new chapter via the "October 2" update from the "App Store" on iOS and "October 1" update from the "Google Play" called "Rebels" for joining the rebellion and escaping the tightening grip of the empire, or hunting down the Jedi Knights in a brand-new chapter based on the series.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    Best Angry Birds game yet. Such a fun little experience and tons of fun choosing your side that your on. I really recommend it. It really worth your time.
  4. Feb 25, 2014
    this is definitely the best angry birds. its got the best graphics and for the first time you play as the pigs. whoever sais this game aint fun is talking s***.
  5. Nov 18, 2013
    Angry Birds Star Wars II is the 5th Angry Birds to come to iOS. It does look good but in my opinion it lacks the fun of angry birds. Now they have added power ups it seems to easy and I lost interest about a hour in. I felt i ha to push my self to actually play enough so i could write this. If your a fan of Angry Birds buy this one you might like it. This has not pushed me away from AngryAngry Birds Star Wars II is the 5th Angry Birds to come to iOS. It does look good but in my opinion it lacks the fun of angry birds. Now they have added power ups it seems to easy and I lost interest about a hour in. I felt i ha to push my self to actually play enough so i could write this. If your a fan of Angry Birds buy this one you might like it. This has not pushed me away from Angry Birds.

Overall
    -Good Graphics
    -Lacks the Fun
    -Stupid Cheating Power ups
    Score 55/100
  6. Jul 21, 2016
    More of an expansion as opposed to an innovation. Rovio uses the Star Wars prequel trilogy tointroduce a slew of new bird abilities thanks to the seemingly endless amount of characters this era in George Lucas' series has. The way it follows the story is scattershot and fragmented, but it gives us the goods when it comes to the characters and level design.

Given the amount of characters

Given the amount of characters and crazy powers they each have, it's not hard for your mind to race with thoughts of the potential of figuring out just what characters would be most effective in a given situation. The story obviously limits you to specific birds, but Rovio gives you a chance to put your own ideas to the test. You get the option to play through all of the levels using any birds you want. A cool idea, but there is a catch. These birds aren't unlimited.

There's a certain collect-a-thon element to the game. It offers you chances to get new birds every eight hours that you can use to bail you out of a regular level or, you guessed it, use to actually play this new series of levels. Given it's nature, it's sort of an obvious ploy to allow microtransactions in. Unless you're just really good, there are times when you'll be running low on birds. You can either wait eight hours for a few new ones, pray you get one of those rare occurrences where all you have to do is watch an add, or drop some cash. Given the nature of the mode, I don't fully support it no matter how much it pushes gamer creativity to the forefront.

Luckily the game delivers on it's standard story levels. It's basically exactly what you would expect, but the large amount of bird abilities at your disposal allow you to play it in new ways. It's always exciting to get a new character and figure out what they do. Especially when you realize that a lot of them have their own unique power, instead of just being another skin in a shared pool of abilities.

The best new addition though has got to be the ability to play on the Dark Side. I'm sorry, I mean "Pork Side." That's right, you get the ability to play as the pigs this time around (only dressed as classic Star Wars villains). You're still doing the exact same thing, but the powers you are given are far more destructive. Not to mention it's just cool to shoot pigs at the birds when you've been doing the opposite for so long.

Ultimately it doesn't do much to shake things up. It just gives you some new ways to play. While that leads to a very familiar feeling, it's not hard to appreciate the new toys it gives you. It goes along way to make the Angry Birds Star Wars game just a bit better. As a result this sequel is a slight improvement. Given that there's a free-to-play option (just be prepared for adds) it's worth a look for Star Wars and Angry Birds fans. Especially if you enjoyed the first. It's largely the same game, just a bit bigger and better this time around.

7.5/10

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Mar 11, 2014
    Everybody knows that the prequel episodes of Star Wars are diarrhea, but Rovio's vision isn't bird poop. The game let's you play as the imperial pigs or the birds of the old republic and the level design is puzzle-based. Bird Wars works like a charm! [Nov 2013]
  2. games(TM)
    Dec 17, 2013
    The throwaway fun of the first game is sadly lost due to the prevalence of microtransactions. [Issue#142, p.117]
    Won’t blow you away with new additions or characters, and you’ll have a lingering feeling that you’ve played it all before. That doesn’t mean it isn’t fun, though.