• Publisher: Gameloft
  • Release Date: Aug 22, 2013
  • Also On: PC
7.3

1. Dec 18, 2014
    Asphalt 8 is a fantastic racing game for iOS! It has stunning visuals, a wide variety of cars and maps, and great customization. The only thing I would complain about is the overly-sensitive steering. 9/10 (awesome)
  2. Dec 8, 2014
    Gameloft has SIGNIFICANT issues with Asphalt 8 that are not being addressed. The game routinely crashes in Events mode or while collecting rewards for Events. I have had no problems in the regular play mode, only in Events where a racer as the opportunity to get a lot of "credits". Therefore, I do not believe this issue is the same as the problem in their FAQ section.

The worst part

The worst part is that Gameloft customer service, if it even exists, has not helped at all. I have asked for them to contact me, and it just does not happen.
  3. Nov 15, 2014
    Best racing game in android nd ios
    it also comes to windows 8,but the graphics is not great
    It may not have storyline but still it's better than nfs new series
  4. Sep 29, 2014
    Asphalt 8: a great game that is destroyed by the "Play-to-Win" structure.

The good: -Amazing graphics and quality gameplay for a mobile racing game, easily one of the best I have seen to date. -Great car list to choose from (Heck, my car is in this game!). -Good course variety....but not as good as Asphalt 7. The bad: - The game's "Pay-to-Win" structure completely
    Asphalt 8: a great game that is destroyed by the "Play-to-Win" structure.

The good:

-Great car list to choose from (Heck, my car is in this game!).

-Good course variety....but not as good as Asphalt 7.

The bad:

- The game's "Pay-to-Win" structure completely obliterates everything this gorgeous game has to offer.

I am not even going to bother with what I specifically like about this game. The "Play-to-Win" structure is such a huge problem with how this game works and it's programmed on purpose against the players.

In-game purchases such as unlocking faster cars early in the game or buying certain parts for actual money is not new in games, it has been around for a few years, but this game charges you for everything - I feel as if Gameloft will put a charge on my credit card just for booting-up the game...and they probably would if they could.

If you choose not to purchase car packs for $100 (yes...I am not joking that there are car packs for $100) the game will make it impossible to win events until you break down and spend money to bypass them. The AI cheats and is unrealistically hard. Many of the very early events in the career are nearly impossible to finish in the top 3 and is very common to finish dead-last no matter how aggressive you drive - the rubber-band AI will constantly pull far ahead of you with no chance to catch-up. This AI structure makes it nearly impossible to win races to earn any points to upgrade cars or purchase new ones, but instead leads to racing the same races over and over and OVER again until your frustrated and just "buy" your way into winning the game. THIS IS NOT HOW A VIDEO GAME IS MEANT TO BE PLAYED!

I never spent a penny on in-game purchases except for the money to actually buy the game. 6 months into Asphalt 8 and I was still trying to upgrade the first car your given to move onto the next series then found out my car was no longer qualified for the races and needed to purchase a car that (at the rate I'm going) will take me two years to buy or go spend $20 at the in-game store....no thank you!

Asphalt 8 is an amazing game, but is a huge scam to players and Gameloft knows it. The fact they charged this game to players (At launch date) then started tweaking the game's difficulty to buy your way to winning should be an illegal business practice.

Playing a video game is about beating all the events, not buying your way to unlock everything.

Do not buy this game and do not support Gameloft and this method of business. If have to have a solid racing game for your mobile device then get Asphalt 7 - it has a lot of variety in content that you don't need to buy in order to win and the graphics still hold well to this day.

With the same amount of money you need to win/buy cars in Asphalt 8, you could spend that same money on a console/PC game and get all your content and features up front without paying to win.

Also, if anyone else reading this review thinks the pay-to-win model in this game is bad, the video game industry is headed towards that direction and is a complete rip-off to the consumers. This could very well kill the future of video games to many consumers such as myself.

Score: 2

(1 for the cars, 1 for the graphics)

-8 for the "Play-to-Win" structure.
  5. Aug 23, 2014
    Amazing cars..physics, a lot of fun.SO AMAZING. I like this game

************************************************************************************************
  6. Aug 21, 2014
    Hands down, the BEST racing game ever in the universe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I don't even have to explain why.
  7. May 12, 2014
    Good game for the free time;
    Graphics: 8/10 Realism:? Sound: 6 Gameplay: 7/10 Price 10/10 Multiplayer: 7/10 In-Game Purchases: 6/10 sense:0
  8. May 2, 2014
    That is THE most amazing game for android and ios, that I have ever played, with an amazing graphics and physics engine. The fun is endless. Worth every second that spent on this game.
  9. Jan 20, 2014
    What I like about Asphalt 8: Airborne are the cars and graphics. I have really complained about the use of multiplayer activity, high prices of cars and upgrades, and I disliked the problems about beating the game.
    Gameloft you treat some of us like **** for these things, that is a waste of money.
  10. Jan 15, 2014
    why it doesn't work on all phones? ex: i have allview x1 soul 1.5 quad 2 gb ram and video chipset same as S4, android 2.2.1..... and in app store saids it's not supported for mi phone...............................
    i can't understand why.
  11. Dec 26, 2013
    This game is a game with stunning graphics and controls. There are new cars and tracks. But Asphalt 8: Airborne have fewer maps than its predecessors.
  12. Dec 14, 2013
    Despite it's improved graphics, the game doesn't feel real and the multiplayer feature is full of errors. Nearly everything in this game is a bad mess.
  13. Dec 12, 2013
    The most realistic, fun, and immersive mobile game I've ever played. The naysayers say it's just another Gameloft ploy to get money, but the game is largely based on skill, not in-app purchases. The more stars you get in a race, the more money you get. Simple. So, KorNk, it's not a 2/10, you just stink. You're probably just the one I beat in the game's rewarding multiplayer.
  14. Nov 18, 2013
    Amazing car race game!! great physics, the game modes and the weekly events and multiplayer are very fun!! Its a ten game and the most amazing thing is free!!!
  15. Oct 11, 2013
    Graphics: 8.5/10
    Realism: 3/10
    Appropriate for All Ages: 10/10 Gameplay: 5.5/10 Price 9/10 Multiplayer: 2/10 In-Game Purchases: 8/10 Overall: 6.6/10 The graphics are some of the best of any iOS game I've ever played along with CSR Racing, Real Racing 3, and pretty much any Sky Gamblers games. However, I hate the fact that you have to race the same race several times in order to
    Graphics: 8.5/10
    Realism: 3/10
    Appropriate for All Ages: 10/10
    Gameplay: 5.5/10
    Price 9/10
    Multiplayer: 2/10
    In-Game Purchases: 8/10
    Overall: 6.6/10

The graphics are some of the best of any iOS game I've ever played along with CSR Racing, Real Racing 3, and pretty much any Sky Gamblers games. However, I hate the fact that you have to race the same race several times in order to get anywhere in the game. However, for those of you complaining about vehicle prices, I think its great considering how you only earn about 500 credits per race. Multiplayer is terrible. Confusing how to set it up and it isn't even live. It is very light on in-game purchases.
  16. Oct 8, 2013
    I never liked racing games so I'm gonna be as generous as I can. Although Asphalt isn't on the sane level as Need For Speed, it's still a pretty good game. The graphics are sound. The handling of cars is more entertaining, and the cars themselves are pretty slick.
  17. Sep 16, 2013
    The graphics are amazing for an iOS device, that's my first sentence about it, I picked this game up for €0,00 in the appstore, and yes, it was worth it. The way how you have to play this is amazing actually, really easy to do and fun. But finishing the game first isn't easy, makes it more fun for me, but there are some problems about the game..

If you play it and can't win you can't do

If you play it and can't win you can't do anything, that's it. Or you have to pay.. the star thing to unlock is annoying sometimes because the levels are too hard in some game modes, and another thing. The roads are so annoying sometimes, to big short routes, if you take the long one once you won't win anymore, and when you jump over some bridges it is not possible to jump without ending crushed when you don't have nitro, and that's even more annoying because you have to do it over and over again when crushed.

But all by all, I rate this game an 76, so 8, it's really fun for iOS!
  18. Sep 8, 2013
    For the first time the game looked awesome but after playing more than 2 hours, you understand that this game made only for making money. You can't buy new cars for new races, because you don't have enough money, so you should play one race for 30 times or.... USE IN APP PURCHASES that's sad
  19. Sep 2, 2013
    Best Asphalt game, The level design is great! and the crazy stuff like jumps, barrel rolls, crashes...etc The physics are amazing and the game modes are fun. I like a lot the infection mode. I adition of all of this, the multiplayer is very well done. For me this is the best car racing in mobile until now.
  20. Aug 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. iGamesView: Asphalt 8 is one of the most fantastic racing game introducing a real experience to huge racing game lovers. It is my all time favorite game. Hope for another excellence in Asphalt 9. Expand
  21. Aug 25, 2013
    Best Asphalt game, graphics are excellent. People who complain about this game are those with low end mobile phones which has difficulty running this game. It's only 69p on Google Play and it beats many console racing games.
  22. Aug 25, 2013
    Adameq2000, are you a complete buffoon?

"THIS GAME ISN'T REALISTIC"? Dumbest comment ever. It's the same as saying Street Fighter 2 isn't realistic. It's not supposed to be, it's an arcade game! Go play Forza or Gran Turismo if you want realism. This game is in the vein of Burnout. 2/10, really? You should never be allowed to express your opinion here again, get a clue.
  23. CCT
    Aug 23, 2013
    Stunning graphics, live multiplayer, fast paced races, huge tracks with many shortcuts and different ways to get to the finish line. You can play the same track and it never feels like the same. The live multiplayer plays very well, I had no lag or problems with it. As the game being "unrealistic", well, depends on the point of view. The gravity is easy to feel while racing although someStunning graphics, live multiplayer, fast paced races, huge tracks with many shortcuts and different ways to get to the finish line. You can play the same track and it never feels like the same. The live multiplayer plays very well, I had no lag or problems with it. As the game being "unrealistic", well, depends on the point of view. The gravity is easy to feel while racing although some wrecks might feel a bit "unrealistic" but its not noticeable. The only thing I think could be better is the garage, I feel lack of some more options and the upgrades (although many like them to be instantaneous) I kinda like them more with a timer. Nothing worth in life is instantaneous. BUT STILL.. I GIVE IT A 10!! Must buy! Collapse
  24. Aug 23, 2013
    Stunning graphics, best asphalt game I've played, just one word AMAZING!
    This is a must buy game. And for this price it's just fantastic. But sometimes this game is a bit unrealistic.
  25. CCT
    Aug 23, 2013

1. Oct 20, 2013
    Like arcadey racers? You'll like this. Not a petrol head? You'll still like this. [Dec 2013, p.76]
  2. Oct 3, 2013
    Fantastic value for money, but not actually a great racer. [Nov 2013, p.79]
  3. Sep 26, 2013
    Asphalt 8: Airborne is an intuitive racer with a large variety of race modes and cars to take for a spin. It provides plenty of content for its price at first, but the business model forces grinding or heavy purchases in the late-game.