7.3

1. Nov 13, 2012
    I have to say this game, for the category, is pretty good. I play this on my gf's ipad while she is sleeping and it is the perfect time waster. Build your base, build your armies, solve some quests. The storyline is quite funny as well. It is a deep and involved game with many army types and enemies. And due to the time management mechanic (it takes days to build up supplies and subsequently build buildings) it makes for a game you keep coming back to for short periods of time. I like it. Expand
  2. Jan 13, 2012
    It's a mediocre simplified real-time strategy game combined with a mediocre simplified free-to-play Farmville rip-off. It's very buggy, crashes often, disconnects randomly from the Z2Live servers and sometimes doesn't save your progress which causes you to replay already boring missions again. As a free-to-play game, it charges real money for advanced items and features and includes advertisements that pop up on the screen randomly, including for other free Z2Live apps. These ads in particular can't be clicked off and instead have timers that countdown until the disappear. The one I saw had a 7 hour countdown. I wasn't going to wait 7 hours for an advertisement to go away so in the end I uninstalled this ridiculous app...which is unfortunate b/c I had already made some progress in developing my outpost and had completed several missions. Quite simply, this isn't worth playing. There are far greater options both free and non-free floating out there in the iTunes app store. Skip Battle Nations. Expand
  3. Dec 29, 2012
    This game is really addicting. I enjoy the fact that it is not only a game about fighting others, it is also a game about creating your base. Your base is really important to creating your army. It also contributes to you leveling up. Surprisingly, it also has somewhat of a storyline. There is an ingame currency called Nanopods, which can cost real life money. But, you can get them for free through Tapjoy. You can also get Nanopods from watching advertisements. If you have seen the negative comment below, I have experienced none of those problems, so it has been fixed. The only problem is that it needs Wi-Fi connection just to use the app. If you have a lot of time on your hands, this is the game for you. Expand
  4. Jul 9, 2013
    At first, it did seem a little boring. But then, I reached a certain level, and next thing i know, I was addicted to this game. I play it at least once a day. This is a free game done right. But it does have a lot of features that require in app purchases (Tapjoy.com can help if you play on a mobile device, but it is a lengthy process) which brings my final score down to a 9/10.
  5. Oct 20, 2013
    It has a bit too much Premium content and a bit too much glitches, but this game is strategic, addictive, unique, funny and lots of fun with plenty of gameplay hours.
  6. Oct 20, 2013
    Boring...slow...BORING. Unless you want to purchase & spend money of course...BORING, BORING, BORING! I must I have a minimum of 150 characters to post...so how many times can I say boring?

1. May 28, 2012
    Battle Nations smartly combines two different genres focusing, on the one hand, on the immediacy of casual games; and, on the other hand, on the challenge and the thickness of the turn-based strategy games.
  2. Dec 8, 2011
    Freemium done well, offering more entertainment for your download than most of its competition.
  3. Nov 29, 2011
    Battle Nations features an intense audio soundtrack, but it's nothing special. The graphics aren't amazing, but they're unique and give Battle Nations its own style.