8.7

1. Jul 28, 2014
    Well like most people I had the original Broken Sword when I was younger, I had it on the ps1. I don't believe I ever finished it as I was just a child but I still have fond memories of the game. Broken Sword is unlike most other games, technically it is a simple 2D point and click adventure game. It is a perfect game to play on a tablet (I played on Nook HD+ 10 inch). I imagine it couldWell like most people I had the original Broken Sword when I was younger, I had it on the ps1. I don't believe I ever finished it as I was just a child but I still have fond memories of the game. Broken Sword is unlike most other games, technically it is a simple 2D point and click adventure game. It is a perfect game to play on a tablet (I played on Nook HD+ 10 inch). I imagine it could be quite fiddly on a smaller device like a phone.

So what makes Broken Sword such a classic? There are many reasons such as the brilliant storyline and puzzles, the amazing 2D scenery, the locations, the adventure, the characters etc. The puzzles are probably harder than most other games, hence I never completed this as a child. Generally if you get stuck just try everything no matter how obscure it may seem. The locations and scenery are beautiful to say the least. Just goes to show what can be done, even though Broken Sword was first released many years ago. This may be an old game but it is better than the vast majority of modern games. Parts of the game I will always remember such as Hotel Ubu, the part in Lochmarne (Ireland) and Spain. There are so many memorable moments and brilliant characters.

This is probably in the best handful of games ever made. I plan to pick up Broken Sword 2 on the tablet before moving onto the newer versions at some stage. Obviously BS5 The Serpent's Curse has recently been released. Glad the series is continuing as it is one of the best. Overall a brilliant and classic game.

I give 9 out of 10.
  2. Jan 23, 2014
    I know I gave it a 10 but this game is so amazing. I can't wait to finish the first one so I can get to the second and third. The art work, puzzles and gameplay are amazing. I can't stop playing. I want to see a remake of Phantasmaoria or Full Throttle.
  3. Jul 19, 2012
    This game is one of my all time faves it brings back fond memories as a kid and it still doesnt disappoint.
    I love the characters humour and the storyline just a fun all round game
  4. Mar 3, 2012
    This might be the best app on the iPhone ever. Unlike on the PC version, the facial animations really fit nicely. The controls are very good, and, of course, the story is just amazing. Bravo, Revolution! Bravo!

1. Mar 20, 2011
    A brilliant entry point for others who have yet to embark on such adventures.
  2. Mar 11, 2011
    If you haven't played Broken Sword before, its delightful -if occasionally idiosyncratic- puzzling and terrific script should send it hurtling to the top of your 'must download' list.
  3. Feb 4, 2011
    This classic murder mystery adventure has undergone a facelift in visuals, sound, and interface while keeping the excellent story and gameplay intact.