tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 1 more rating

1. Nov 23, 2013
    When I was a kid, I would occasionally go to my friend's house. He didn't have much in the way of games or anything, but he had one game in particular that he loved, and that was Crazy Taxi on his dreamcast. Imagine my surprise to find it on the app store.

With both the arcade version, the original, and the mission set, you've got about a 5 hour package. The game basically consists of driving like a nut on the road to get your customers where they want as fast as possible while showing of your mad driving skills. Your customers are gonna range from priests, to pregnant women, to hard-rock loving teens, to your more regular people, and they've got a lot to say, especially when you hit people.

The game is great fun and it's great nostalgia too. Pulling off crazy jumps, crazy throughs, crazy drifts and the like are satisfying and thrilling. The fun comes in trying to compete for the top earnings, so hopefully you've got a competitive side. Oh yeah, and you're listening to Bad Religion all while doing this, which is like the icing on the cake of this oddball experience.

There are some issues though that you need to be forewarned about.

The control schematic took awhile for me to get a hold of, and I didn't really understand a lot of the controls until I played more of the missions. Even when you learn all of the controls, they still feel relatively loose and unresponsive at times, which makes some of the more difficult maneuvers and missions incredibly frustrating. Furthermore, this game has one crazy price tag of 5 dollars. If you aren't prepared to compete with that price tag, it may be better to find your thrills elsewhere. As for me, I just hope this doesn't affect my everyday driving.

1. Oct 22, 2012
    The nature of the hit and run game sessions is nothing short of perfect for a mobile game and touch controls do not disappoint.
  2. Oct 22, 2012
    Crazy Taxi is still fun as ever, but this mobile version suffers from some cumbersome controls, both touch and tilt, that could make the overall experience less enjoyable.
  3. Oct 18, 2012
    For the nostalgics and those just wanting a short cab-mayhem-fix.