FTL: Faster than Light iOS

7.9

1. Apr 5, 2014
    Amazing, Brutal, and most importantly, Fun, its is just like it PC counter-part but with a better and easier to use interface. Recommended to anyone how has a interest in Sci-fi or space or anything like that.
  2. Apr 10, 2014
    Subset games did an amazing work at porting this game to iPad. The touch screen controls were carefully selected to make this game fun to play. Now I can get my FTL fix while commuting :).
  3. Apr 20, 2014
    Really good game. Feels like Star Trek with the various races, crew members, different systems that we've all heard on the show (shields, transport, etc...) Combat and the ship are appropriately complex and very fun. Great difficulty and tension. The depth of the game is quite amazing. Each of the characters on the ships can level up in their correlating skills according to the amount ofReally good game. Feels like Star Trek with the various races, crew members, different systems that we've all heard on the show (shields, transport, etc...) Combat and the ship are appropriately complex and very fun. Great difficulty and tension. The depth of the game is quite amazing. Each of the characters on the ships can level up in their correlating skills according to the amount of time they spend in that area, kind of like dungeon siege. There are many strategies to upgrading your ship to survive. Having recently played another similar space game called “Out There” I would have to say the writing is pretty bad and relatively limited and quickly becomes repetitive after a few play throughs, whereas in Out There, there are far more unique scripts. The music by some dude named Ben Prunty is bit too disco and kind of disrupts the atmosphere. The guy is pretty lucky to have been a part of this project. However the amount of thought that went into the combat is clear and appreciated. If Out There’s writer and FTL’s creator got together a perfect gaming experience could be created on the level of the Grand Theft Auto series. While there is much room for improvement, in that respect, I give it a 10 because the excitement and tension of game through the combat and strategy of building your ship are unparalleled and I have not experienced something similar in another game. Very original and most successful Star Trek emulator in my opinion. Update: I played this non-stop for days and finally beat it on normal mode. Epic final battle, Felt very relieved and awesome to beat it, the most exciting space combat EVER, but for such a great battle there was not much of an ending, but that's almost a similar to complaint as above to say that the writing is very poor, and the narrative poorly told. In seeing the credits, I noticed the jobs were divided and the combat design by Justin Ma and Matthew Davis , are impeccably balanced and overwhelming fun, but the script writer, Tom Jubert needs to get help from the writer of Out There or be fired and hire that guy, b/c sometimes reading the events is nauseatingly repetitive and not very creative. The three endings I competed in Out There were phenomenally well told narrative-wise, and very satisfying to complete in comparison and even more difficult to achieve. However there is a lot of replayability since they have an easy and hard mode too, plus the iPad has these an option to enable advanced edition content, but not recommended until the game is beat once. I did not like the "achievements" they had. Having achievements that are nearly impossible to achieve is a very cheap way of trying to increase replayability b/c its a waste of anyone's time and that the developers think so lowly of their players to put such time wasting, brainless tasks is kind of sad, when they could have just improved their game by writing a better ending. But there are always players who try to get 100% completion in games like GTA. After beating the game once I did not have that strong of an urge to replay it with the different ships or even the "advance content" or "hard difficulty." Conversely, in "Out There" despite beating the game once I was immensely driven to ultimately beat all three endings to discover the narrative behind those endings. Expand
  4. May 7, 2014
    Its a great game. Really quite addictive, with lots of features to explore and unlock. Challenging too. Nice simple story that fits well with gameplay and complex gameplay that's easy to get used to. The only downside is that the graphics are a bit simplistic and that its a tad bit expensive. Also, permanent death is really annoying. Seriously, it just ruins any sense of achievement.
  5. Jul 21, 2014
    FTL is a Rogue-like Sci-Fi adventure places you in the Captains chair of a Star Ship managing both crew and ship systems while trying to survive the odds. The iOS port retains all the substance & style of the PC original and is just as fun addictive and brutal, while unlike the PC verison the iOS port can't be modded the iOS touch screen interface works much better that the PC's and beingFTL is a Rogue-like Sci-Fi adventure places you in the Captains chair of a Star Ship managing both crew and ship systems while trying to survive the odds. The iOS port retains all the substance & style of the PC original and is just as fun addictive and brutal, while unlike the PC verison the iOS port can't be modded the iOS touch screen interface works much better that the PC's and being on the iPad now makes the FTL experience mobile is a fair trade off still making this a worthy purchase on the Apple store. Expand
  6. Jul 23, 2014
    One of the best Rogue Likes on Steam!
    Easy to play hard to MAster took me more than 60 hours to find out how i can kill the Flagship, but now i have 20 ships to unlock.... so 100 hours left :)
  7. Feb 4, 2015
    spam spamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspam
  8. Oct 24, 2015
    This game will teach you to enjoy losing, and will lead you to take unprecedented pride when you win. It might be called a micromanagement game with a lot of style, but that does not do the experience justice. If you've watched spacey scifi and dreamed of running a ship and managing her crew, then this is a great introduction to that concept.
  9. Jul 1, 2016
    1 of the best iOS games I've ever played!

To be honest, this is also the first rogue like game I've ever liked.
    The game balance is sometimes pretty harsh, since it's still hard on easy mode to beat the game.
    But what would be a game without challenge?

Since the game isn't costly at all, try it out if you have missed it.

1. May 5, 2014
    This is probably the best version of the game: touch controls are intuitive and precise, and Advanced Edition's content offers a hundreds of hours of challenging but rewarding gameplay.
  2. Apr 22, 2014
    FTL on iPad is the same great experience, with an excellent interface and all the content of the PC version.
  3. Apr 21, 2014
    Everyone who enjoys sci-fi games should take this one into consideration, as long as they're aware that this is indeed a very deep and complex experience, but also outstanding and rewarding.