7.3

1. Feb 6, 2015
    Little Inferno is without question one of the best games I have ever had the fortune to play. The sheer level of thought that went into this gem, further evidenced by the clever plot nuances and striking allegory, makes for an experience you won't likely forget in the near future. Plus, fire. Can't say no to that.
  2. Aug 10, 2014
    Sure. The gameplay isn't traditionally fun. BUT. This game is hardly a video game. It's art. The gameplay exists merely to compliment and bring the player into this tragically beautiful story. Play to the end. At least 60% of the budget was clearly sunk into the end. Don't look it up, don't watch a walkthrough. Play it. I still think about this game to this day, I still contemplate justSure. The gameplay isn't traditionally fun. BUT. This game is hardly a video game. It's art. The gameplay exists merely to compliment and bring the player into this tragically beautiful story. Play to the end. At least 60% of the budget was clearly sunk into the end. Don't look it up, don't watch a walkthrough. Play it. I still think about this game to this day, I still contemplate just what it all meant. Expand
  3. Feb 14, 2013
    A really impressive allegorical game about games (obviously freemium/social click whittlers). The meaning it creates through your interaction, and ongoing narrative is amusing, poetic and quite personal. The most polished and perfect experience you will play on your ipad.
  4. Feb 28, 2013
    This curious, special little game hit a note of emotional resonance with me that I can't really explain. Maybe this created a strong opinion bias in me, but I simply loved it. It's deep, ironic and sarcastic without being cynical or jaded, runs smoothly on my iPad 3 and accomplishes so much with so little in terms of mechanics and gameplay. It made me cry, and made me acutely aware of myThis curious, special little game hit a note of emotional resonance with me that I can't really explain. Maybe this created a strong opinion bias in me, but I simply loved it. It's deep, ironic and sarcastic without being cynical or jaded, runs smoothly on my iPad 3 and accomplishes so much with so little in terms of mechanics and gameplay. It made me cry, and made me acutely aware of my own sadness and loneliness, but not in a bad way, much to the contrary. A beautiful, melancholic and superbly crafted experience. Expand
  5. Gid
    Oct 9, 2013
    I've grown pretty fond of this game. It's a cute little game indeed. It has a way of resonating with the player, because, let's be honest here, no one can get bored of watching the fire burn.

People will say that this isn't a proper game, because the game-play is basically just burning things. You have a catalogue, you buy things, you burn them, you get even more coins, and spend it on more stuff, and then burn that too. It's an endless cycle of buying and burning that one would think would get old pretty quickly. But it really doesn't.

In fact, I think the game-play is where this shines. It's so simple and so repetitive but yet it never ages on the player. It makes to be quite the enjoyable play-thing.

I can appreciate the format they went for too. It's more of a story that happens in the background, while you're playing, though you'd have to play the game to understand what I'm getting at.

The story is great here also. Though a bit on the predictable side, it manages to project a heart-warming mood towards the player, especially towards the end. I won't give away any more than that though.

I'll stop before this gets too long, but in short, this is an incredibly heart-warming play-thing that will affect you deeply. The design is from the people who brought you World Of Goo, which was also a stellar game in my opinion. It usage of the touch controls are used incredibly well with the physics engine, which is probably why the scores are lower on PC. You would have to play this on iOS or Wii U to fully immerse yourself into this game. It just works better. I feel that this should be an example that different is better most of the time.

In shorter, buy this game.

"But there's something even more dangerous than fire!"-Sugar Plumps

1. Feb 28, 2013
    Little Inferno shines softly with originality and cuteness but never moves beyond this. As a more luxurious variation of Doodle God ($ 0,99), the game falls short and is not worth the hefty price tag. With all the tapping at coins and waiting, I can’t help but wonder: could Little Inferno have turned out better as a freemium game?
  2. Feb 11, 2013
    Dark, weird, and very different, Little Inferno is great for those looking for something different.
  3. Feb 10, 2013
    While the allure of setting fires cools off before long, the engaging style, story, and puzzle elements make for an enticing experience.