8.5

1. Jan 4, 2013
    Great, fun game. Very addicting....and the game has many layers to it. This game has been reviewed so highly by other sources including the App Store. Its simple enough for my 6 year old to play but has many goals to achieve and an additional mode of play (with its own objectives and goals) after reaching Mother Earth that holds my attention and play it above other games. The art and concept of the game is also very catchy. The folks who made this game really thought about all the different aspects of the game and really made it fun. I wanted something fun to look at, but still hold my attention for longer than 10 minutes. I have been playing for a couple of weeks now and I don't see an end in sight. You have to give this a try...you won't be able to put it down!!!! Expand
  2. Jan 4, 2013
    I'm sorry, but there are times when Metacritic's system just doesn't work. I was looking into buying this game and I came here first and almost didn't buy it when I saw the "60" AppSpy gave it. But I kept to my two source minimum for he internet and was blown away. EVERY review of the this game is overwhelmingly positive and most are 5 stars. The app has more than 50 reviews with almost all of them being 5 stars.

Further, I went to the low review and read it. Something seemed fishy. Soon after I decided to buy the game and now I see the problem. The reviewer did not play the game! This is frustrating and happening more and more for apps. The reviewer says that the upgrades for the game are locked behind a pay wall, and indeed it's the only bad thing he says about the game. Problem is, he's wrong and it shows that he didn't even play the game. He's the truth - the very first time you play the game, you can't buy upgrades at all - UNTIL THE END OF YOUR FIRST RUN - then the entire upgrade store opens up. A few of key points here 1) The store opens up automatically. 2) the store opens up for free. 3) The review would have known all of this if he had even finished A SINGLE RUN - which he clearly never did. I will certainly not traffic AppSpy any further if that's what passes for journalism at that site. (side note, AppSpy actually gave the game a 3.2, which in Metecritic's crappy conversion would be a 64 not a 60( you have to mouse oer the number on the site to get the real number) - it's a small detail but shows how slipshod everyone involved is being.)

I think what the gamer makers were trying to do is introduce things one at a time ie. first run - just play the basic game, second run - learn how to use super sneezes, third run - unlocks the rest of the game. pretty standard in most games to unlock more stuff as I go... Anyways, on to happier thoughts. The game is really cool I consider myself a hardcore gamer and still play this game all the time. It;s got a really fun play style and it's got some wonderful depth and even a cute little story. One added bonus is that it's totally family friendly. I guarantee that if you give this game 10 minutes you will want to give it a whole lot more.
  3. Jan 7, 2013
    I picked up Paper Galaxy for the iPad this weekend, and my wife and I played it far longer than any other game app we've gotten recently. The art was great, as was the game play and sound and I would suggest, and did suggest it to my friends and family, especially those with children. It is indeed a game an entire family can play. Two Thumbs up!
  4. Jan 7, 2013
    THIS is a fun and very addicting game! I've shared this game with all my friends and they are all hooked on it. So much fun! I especially love the cute characters and the wonderful sound & music! *****Five Stars!
  5. Jan 7, 2013
    This game started off fun and easy, but after some upgrades it gets FREAKING INTENSE!! Good luck to anyone trying to beat it haha. Oh and the art is pretty cool too (=
  6. Jan 23, 2013
    Addictive, fun, and puts a smile on your face! Kids like it, teens like it, adults like it. And the music is soooooo goooooood!

My new go-to gaming app while waiting before a movie or taking a...

1. Feb 19, 2013
    With its edges and corners firmly creased, Paper Galaxy deserves to sit among the most recognized titles in the mobile gaming space.
  2. Jan 10, 2013
    There are plenty of these "bounce ever upward" games where you try to reach a new height before . I suppose it's a vertical variation on the endless runner. But what I like about Paper Galaxy is how it litters the screen with planets that have character.
  3. Jan 9, 2013
    The simple one-tap gameplay isn't exactly new for mobile games, but Paper Galaxy has a funny way of taking hold of you as you get lost in the sea of smiling planets.