6.7

1. Apr 29, 2013
    This game, like most other iPhone Apps was good for a while but then turned boring. I enjoyed this game at first making me keep playing to see what I could upgrade on my rod but also to see the different fish that their were. This game is highly addictive during the first levels but then starts to drag on during the higher levels. The graphics are simple yet fit right in being bright andThis game, like most other iPhone Apps was good for a while but then turned boring. I enjoyed this game at first making me keep playing to see what I could upgrade on my rod but also to see the different fish that their were. This game is highly addictive during the first levels but then starts to drag on during the higher levels. The graphics are simple yet fit right in being bright and colourful. This game was worth the 69p that was paid for it as I found it funnier than playing games such as angry birds and other games which are just money grabbing. I have full respect for the developers "Vlambeer". I would recommend this game to people that have spare time on their hands. Expand
  2. Mar 17, 2013
    I bought this game because it had a phenomenal Metascore, and the last iPhone game I bought for that reason was the incredible Year Walk. Well, Ridiculous Fishing is no Year Walk. It's disappointing. It feels like a flash game and nothing more. I can't believe I actually spent money on it. It's repetitive, and the main mechanic is a flash game staple: upgrades. If it ever becomesI bought this game because it had a phenomenal Metascore, and the last iPhone game I bought for that reason was the incredible Year Walk. Well, Ridiculous Fishing is no Year Walk. It's disappointing. It feels like a flash game and nothing more. I can't believe I actually spent money on it. It's repetitive, and the main mechanic is a flash game staple: upgrades. If it ever becomes free, you should pick it up, but otherwise, just go to Kongregate and save your money. Expand
  3. Mar 19, 2013
    Perhaps the "upgrade game" perfected Ridiculous Fishing was quite addictive, but never enough to be disgustingly so, I was able to feel satisfied and put it down after 30 minutes to an hour play session. During that time, I still felt as if I was progressing in my skill with the three minigames, and the upgrades remained interesting enough. It offers a lot of interesting on ideas ofPerhaps the "upgrade game" perfected Ridiculous Fishing was quite addictive, but never enough to be disgustingly so, I was able to feel satisfied and put it down after 30 minutes to an hour play session. During that time, I still felt as if I was progressing in my skill with the three minigames, and the upgrades remained interesting enough. It offers a lot of interesting on ideas of progression of three central mechanics, and how you can scale them in complexity enemy placement and behavior as we drop the hook, how to pace the hook as you go back up deciding between hooking more fish and being unable to defeat the larger one in the shooting stage, or hooking less at risk of wasting time if you don't defeat the larger fish, then the shooting minigame.

I'm not really a fan of the genre of games like this mostly just because I feel sort of empty afterwards (Though the experience may be enjoyable), *relative to other games*, I don't find myself with much to reflect on that isn't strictly game design but the game has a wonderful presentation and aesthetics, and it does let you abstract away some lessons for game development elsewhere. And the point of the game wasn't designed to be to give me lots of non-game-design stuff to reflect on. If you're lucky enough to own an iThing (I'm not, had to borrow a friend's for a few hours), give it a go, if you're even remotely interested in this genre of game. It's by far one of the best ones you can own on an iOS device, and it's only three bucks.

1. May 9, 2013
    An aquatic arcade romp with buckets of charm, style and humour. [June 2013, p.86]
  2. May 9, 2013
    Worth it for the first few hours of hopeless addiction, the satisfaction of encountering new creatures, and the enticing allure of testing out all the new equipment. [June 2013, p.84]
  3. Apr 18, 2013
    It may lack substance in the long-term, but it provides an experience which is admirably oriented towards pure intuitive fun, presented in a way which is great to look at and humorous in tone.