6.9

1. Feb 5, 2014
    its not as fun as the reviews say. The presentation and concept is nice; a turned based strategy allowing free movement... but for some reason a turn based strategy game needs to have squares. I also didn't like the units in the game that much, compared to the units I have commanded in the following strategy games. Having played fire emblem series, advance wars, front wars, and practically every other turn based strategy game out there which weren't memorable for me to recall, i feel the bar for fun and strategy on the iOS was set by Hero Academy. The part where this was better than Hero Academy was the single player story mode, but even with the catchy story the gameplay was not that fun. I doubt most of the reviewers who gave the game these extremely high ratings played the game through to the end. I forced myself to play this several for several weeks to justify my purchase and find a an unforseen value as described by the critics, but I felt my time was irrevocably wasted. I find it very suspicious that the 5 positive ratings have no associated reviews. Conclusion: Aesthetically pleasing but can new free movement turn-based gameplay can not overcome more entertaining, creative, and clever gameplay found in other turned based strategy games. Expand

1. Dec 17, 2013
    Even without the platform versatility of its other versions Skulls of the Shogun is still among the best strategy games to grace iOS, and one that armchair generals shouldn't pass up.
  2. Dec 5, 2013
    Skulls of the Shogun has been so solid on so many other platforms, so why would iOS be any different?
  3. Dec 4, 2013
    Players looking for the chance to devise a plan and execute it perfectly may bristle at Skulls of the Shogun’s reliance on slow-moving chaos, but open-minded tacticians will find a sense of levity, flexibility, and improvisation not found in most turn-based strategy games.