Conquer Eagle Mountain with the help of your trusty grappling hook. Swing and run your way through meadows, frost-tinged fields, ice caverns, volcanic caves, and more. Find secrets, loot, and special encounters. Race against your friends. Explore peaceful landscapes, or try to outrun an endless avalanche. QuickHook combines heavy replay value with deep variety!
HEAVY REPLAY VALUE
- Find loot to spend on character upgrades and equipment
- Unlock Nightmare levels, new equipment, and fancier hats
- Seamless Leaderboards and Stats / Medals for each level
- 66 different achievements, most of them based on exploring secrets
- Duel system: Ghost Race your friends!
- Random, infinite Avalanche Mode:
* Survive a roaring avalanche, right behind you, as long as you can.
* Over 60 different possible "sections", most with secret paths.
* Ghost race your friends to send them your personal Avalanche level!
- Varied landscapes
- Each level has its own challenges and art
- Secrets and Easter Eggs
- Character customization: Show off your gear!
- Free updates that add more achievements, secrets, and equipment
- Hand crafted race/exploration levels
* 18 levels with multiple paths and hidden areas, with more levels coming!
In Update 1, already submitted and Coming Soon:
- Content Update: Four all new levels, infested with fungi! New hats, grappling hooks, secrets, and achievements!
- Unlock requirements for the levels lessened considerably! Beating Dev Scores no longer required to unlock the Nightmare Levels.
- Bug related to unlock progression fixed: Avalanche 2000 score wasn't meant to be required to unlock Burn Alley. Now used to unlock the Nightmare levels.
- Use OpenFeint to back up your save, in the settings menu! Transfer your SQH save between devices!
- Rate Us page added to Rocketcatalog. We tried to make it not annoying. There's a picture of a gnome in there.
- "Beat one nightmare/developer score multiple times" bug fixed.
- Interactive credits level!… Expand
Positive: 9 out of 9
Mixed: 0 out of 9
Negative: 0 out of 9
Apr 5, 2013Once you get the hang of the grappling hook, it's a blast to swing through the levels at full speed. Or, since there's nothing chasing you like in Hook Champ, you can explore the beautifully pixelated Eagle Mountain and go down branching paths to look for secrets.
Or if you do prefer something to chase you (avalanches or lava flows in particular), there's the endless, randomly generated levels! It's fun to go for high scores on those once you're done with the static levels.
And Super QuickHook is actually hilarious *really* great writing! You can chat with the other characters while you buy items at the inn. Each of the 9 characters can have multiple conversations with the other 8, so come back often with different people for hilarious results.… Expand
Published: December 21, 2010Whether you are a longtime iPhone user or you just received an iPad from Santa, you're probably looking for something fun to do with your Apple device. Here are this year's best-reviewed games available in the App Store.
- By user score