The Simpsons: Tapped Out iOS

6.7

1. Aug 13, 2012
    I've never played a game like this before, so this is coming from someone who is new to the whole "building a city" type game. I loved it. I've always loved anything Simpsons related and I took great joy in discovering new characters, missions, and buildings. But then the connection errors began... This game requires a connection to the EA servers at all times. This makes absolutely noI've never played a game like this before, so this is coming from someone who is new to the whole "building a city" type game. I loved it. I've always loved anything Simpsons related and I took great joy in discovering new characters, missions, and buildings. But then the connection errors began... This game requires a connection to the EA servers at all times. This makes absolutely no sense to me and when it fails to connect (which seems to be often) you are unable to play the game at all. Thankfully I've not invested in buying special items (ie. donuts) so it's no loss for me. But I really miss this game. Haven't been able to connect to EA's servers for two days. When it works it's a lot of fun, but they need to fix this server nonsense. Expand
  2. Jun 2, 2013
    This game is a well designed, incredibly rewarding social game using real-time to set characters on missions (each a set number of hours) and then returning later to collect the spoils of their labors. The game does have some very overpriced "donuts" being currency for premium content purchased with real cash, or won through the mystery box. It's fun, though you do need patience for thisThis game is a well designed, incredibly rewarding social game using real-time to set characters on missions (each a set number of hours) and then returning later to collect the spoils of their labors. The game does have some very overpriced "donuts" being currency for premium content purchased with real cash, or won through the mystery box. It's fun, though you do need patience for this very addictive game. A must-have for any tablet owner Expand
  3. Sep 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Such a stupid game of taking care of your stupid house. It has no relation with the real meaning of the show. In the show, the Simpsons always talk for things about the sex. Here, it has nothing like this. Very
    irrelativeness.
  4. Sep 13, 2013
    I have to admit I've never even watched one episode of the show. I picked this game up on a whim because it was free, and because I've was curious to see if "The Simpsons" are as funny as everyone says. Suffice to say that "Tapped Out" doesn't skimp out on any jokes or fan-service. It's very funny and filled with various characters, locations, and references to and from the show. TheI have to admit I've never even watched one episode of the show. I picked this game up on a whim because it was free, and because I've was curious to see if "The Simpsons" are as funny as everyone says. Suffice to say that "Tapped Out" doesn't skimp out on any jokes or fan-service. It's very funny and filled with various characters, locations, and references to and from the show. The gameplay is mixture between a social game and a city builder. It's a lot of fun to play, but suffers from one key issue; timers. Everything from building a house to completing a quest takes a certain amount of real time. The problem with this is when you're waiting on one or more tasks to be completed you're not playing the game. So the core gameplay consists of starting up the game, starting a task, and then waiting for that task to complete. This makes it very much a casual gamers game, which isn't a bad thing, but I would rather sit down and play for more than a few minutes at a time while I wait for the game to send my phone an update telling me that a task has been completed. Still it's not a bad game, it has kept me entertained and coming back, and it will continue to. Even as someone who's not familiar with the show I found myself laughing a lot with this game. So even if you're not a fan this is worth a download. It's fun and humorous, and that's what keeps me coming back despite the timers. Expand
  5. Sep 14, 2015
    Of course this is one of "those games", but this one is quite well made. Springfield seems very authentic, I like the graphics stlye, detailed and with clear lines. Your city feels pretty to look at, the animation of caracters is well made and funny. Progression is interesting with good and humourous writing. There is quite some content with a lot of buildings to choose (buy) from.
    I have
    I have spent more money on this game than is socially accepable, but it really is a nice companion at your daily working life in the office on your smartphone.
  6. May 25, 2014
    I have to say, this game is fun, the cost of donuts is a shameless rip off, but it must work as I've bought a fair few. I've played it for nearly two years now almost every day.
    It's fun, with some good story line based missions, a lot of real character voices and most of your favourite folks in it. Good game.
  7. Mar 9, 2013
    A lovely game that will make you check on it every day, make lots of friends and this will be the perfect game for that boring nights. It's different from the other same style games, i recommend.
  8. Aug 14, 2013
    The Simpsons: Tapped Out has the same idea as other games like Smurf's Village or any other game where you have to build a town or city or anything like that. What makes the Tapped Out truly amazing is it's hilarious script, including 4 cut-scenes that will make you laugh time after time again. But what makes this just over the top is that, you know everybody. You're familiar with theThe Simpsons: Tapped Out has the same idea as other games like Smurf's Village or any other game where you have to build a town or city or anything like that. What makes the Tapped Out truly amazing is it's hilarious script, including 4 cut-scenes that will make you laugh time after time again. But what makes this just over the top is that, you know everybody. You're familiar with the Simpson's family and the Kwik-E-Mart. It makes the whole game enjoyable. A must get whether you're a Simpson's fan or not. Expand
  9. Aug 18, 2014
    An okay city builder. When Homer was goofing around on his Mypad, he didn't notice he was just about to blow up springfield. And now you have to build it back.
    Pros: The story and dialogue.
    Cons: The gameplay. everything takes forever to build. If you want to speed it up, you can use doughnuts, which are very limited, and, if you want to buy them with real money, they rip you off.
    Pros: The story and dialogue.

This would be higher if they didn't try to rip you off. P.S this game can be addictive. 7/10
  10. Jan 28, 2016
    Fun game, but be smart and don't spend (to much) money on this one. There is a lot you can build and collect without spending a nickle, but there's a LOT MORE you can collect by spending money on this one. A great deal of buildings and characters can only be obtained by spending lots and lots of cash, real life cash that is. Donuts can be gathered in game, but they come slow, very slow.Fun game, but be smart and don't spend (to much) money on this one. There is a lot you can build and collect without spending a nickle, but there's a LOT MORE you can collect by spending money on this one. A great deal of buildings and characters can only be obtained by spending lots and lots of cash, real life cash that is. Donuts can be gathered in game, but they come slow, very slow. You can easily spend 5-10 dollars per character (yes), and that's just ludicrous. Oh yeah, you can't buy donuts with your virtual cash, what did you expect? Expand
  11. May 3, 2014
    The Simpsons Tapped Out excels at four different aspects: Graphics, Gameplay, Music and Content.
    The music is pleasant, the graphic are good, the gameplay is unique and the amount of content in the game is unprecedented.
  12. Aug 24, 2015
    An annoyingly addictive game that will keep you occupied and entertained. The internet only aspect is an annoyance and the fact that the game is mainly only you clicking on something and waiting hours for something you can't really control or even witness sometimes to be completed. Also, the rate at which you make money is not fast enough and the premium items is just evil in making youAn annoyingly addictive game that will keep you occupied and entertained. The internet only aspect is an annoyance and the fact that the game is mainly only you clicking on something and waiting hours for something you can't really control or even witness sometimes to be completed. Also, the rate at which you make money is not fast enough and the premium items is just evil in making you pay money for buildings you want.
  13. Feb 20, 2014
    As others have said, there are elements of city building, a social game in that you can visit friends' towns. There are task assignments for characters and witty scripts but most importantly this is not a money grab game. It won't glitch up because you don't rate it at five stars. It is playable for free. There are some items that need cash to unlock, but they aren't truly essential toAs others have said, there are elements of city building, a social game in that you can visit friends' towns. There are task assignments for characters and witty scripts but most importantly this is not a money grab game. It won't glitch up because you don't rate it at five stars. It is playable for free. There are some items that need cash to unlock, but they aren't truly essential to playing the game. This is also not a twitchy game. It's not for adrenalin junkies or those who want to play through. It is fine for all ages and you just need one mostly working finger.

Suggestion for Developers: A fun expansion that they could do would be to have microgames which could be a little twitchy, like go to Krustyland and actually play the ring toss, or fish in Chalmers' pond.
  14. Apr 3, 2014
    okay simpson's new game tapped out . is like the new minecraft. its enjoyable and fun but its to hard .
    Grade B...............................................
  15. Jun 7, 2014
    Smurfs is better than this stupid game It is so boring too much tapping at least smurfs can create things and play more games this game is **** remove it now clash of clans it better
  16. Sep 18, 2014
    This game is pretty fun for awhile until things start to take way too long to build after certain levels. The premium donuts are kind of a rip-off even though they toss you some now and again on certain quests. Overall this is an enjoyable game if you are patient and don't care about collecting everything that the game has to offer, like paying 250 donuts for Barney's Bowlerama on your phone.
  17. Dec 7, 2014
    Yet another city builder where you wait a lot, with huge micro-transactions, not really worth your time if you have anything better to do. Also, you are unable to play offline if you wanted something to play when you have no connection.
  18. Feb 5, 2015
    Love the game, but we need some female characters! Please! 90% of the characters are male and most of the female ones don't talk and/or exist just to move the male characters' storylines along. Make characters that aren't just wives or girlfriends. Make some real women! We're half the population! Come on! Give me a female CEO, President, Business owner, anything! I hope EA reads this. LoveLove the game, but we need some female characters! Please! 90% of the characters are male and most of the female ones don't talk and/or exist just to move the male characters' storylines along. Make characters that aren't just wives or girlfriends. Make some real women! We're half the population! Come on! Give me a female CEO, President, Business owner, anything! I hope EA reads this. Love the game, expect more out of you in the 21st Century. Expand
  19. Mar 18, 2015
    Fun, But sadly not even 7 The currency "Donuts" are way too expensive as you buy boatload of donuts for loads of money and you can buy few buildings Example Frinks Lab cost 150 you pay 19.99$ for just 1building and also the Super hero event is boring!
  20. Jan 1, 2016
    God, this game is the most greediest i have ever seen! It says you can build your own springfield! Well you cant because YOU HAVE TO USE DONUTS TO MAKE BUILDINGS! And the only way you can get them is by leveling up. Which you only get one donut when you level up. Your last option is to use microtransactions. But if you dont want to pay, the whole idea is ruined. I reccomend that you avoidGod, this game is the most greediest i have ever seen! It says you can build your own springfield! Well you cant because YOU HAVE TO USE DONUTS TO MAKE BUILDINGS! And the only way you can get them is by leveling up. Which you only get one donut when you level up. Your last option is to use microtransactions. But if you dont want to pay, the whole idea is ruined. I reccomend that you avoid this game. If you want a freeinum game that doesnt have a bunch of microtransactions, then try fallout shelter Expand
  21. Dec 13, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Past items/characters

-Should be discounted
    -Small fee at end of level should you choose to buy premium items from that "event"
    -Larger donut offerings at level ups. The average character is 150 donuts but you only early 2 free donuts when you level up or 1-3 free donuts when you complete enough XP. The ratio is so far off. It should only take a level or two to earn enough donuts to purchase on past character or premium item/character
    -Put some premium characters into tasks again so you have a chance to earn them. If someone already bought or earned that character let them win donuts back instead

Overall improvements

-Trade cash in for donuts
    -Sell back items in inventory for donuts not just cash (reduced rates of course)
    -Choose from more than one option of premium items when cashing in a Mystery box so you don't end up with something you already have.
    -Cheaper donuts. I have never spent money on this game but would be much more willing to if it were cheaper. Past characters should cost less, buying donuts should go further. If I spent 5 dollars I should be able to buy a bunch of past characters of buildings. As it stands right now 22.99 might get me 2 characters if I'm lucky.
    -Too easy to accidentally spend donuts. I wish there was an undo for last task in case you did something by accident
    -Why can only some items be archived but others say you can't be a hoarder. There should be a way to cancel any characters tasks in the event you get a new one for them and want to start them on that.
    -Bring back some features of past events. Personally the first halloween was my favourite, I'm not saying repeat it altogether but recycle some elements so people who never played it get a taste and those who have and loved it get to relive portions of it.
    -Shorten some task lengths during special releases, the average person works and it's impossible to complete all tasks and earn items within the time frame given when a third of the day you may not be able to access your game.
  22. Mar 14, 2016
    I'm so pissed that Simpson tapped out is such a rip off!!! When I first started playing when it came out the boatload of donuts was 99.99 dollars(still too much!) and now it's f#!$@& 139.99. How do they get away with robbing people for a damn video game. It makes me sick!! At most it should 25 dollars for a boatload of donuts and with how many users there are for the game that would stillI'm so pissed that Simpson tapped out is such a rip off!!! When I first started playing when it came out the boatload of donuts was 99.99 dollars(still too much!) and now it's f#!$@& 139.99. How do they get away with robbing people for a damn video game. It makes me sick!! At most it should 25 dollars for a boatload of donuts and with how many users there are for the game that would still make them millions, bunch of greedy people. Expand
  23. Jun 6, 2016

1. Nov 16, 2012
    Puzzlingly, it seems there are more than enough people whose standards for entertainment are low enough that companies can make a lot of money with products like The Simpsons: Tapped Out. The problem is, that this takes away resources for the development of 'real games'. Economically, it might be a sound strategy, but it's also one that could conceivably prompt me to quit this job some day.
  2. Sep 30, 2012
    It's Cityville with the Simpsons, simple as that. Fans of the TV series should definitely try this out.
  3. Sep 25, 2012
    It may not have the depth of Sim City or the dedicated following of FarmVille but Tapped Out is still a thoroughly entertaining and addictive experience; arguably the best videogame based on The Simpsons yet.