8.3

1. Sep 14, 2011
    As someone who's not a big fan of the typical tower defense game, Tiny Heroes caught my interest due to the way it approaches the genre. Not only does Tiny Heroes allow the Heroes to follow multiple paths (which may or may not lead to their death) but it also casts you as the "bad guy".

Game play is pretty straight forward with the tutorial being spread out over several levels. While
    I've seen a few places point this out as being too long, if someone is completely new to the tower defense I feel the flow of essential gameplay elements is spot on. You're shown what you need to know when you need it. Never once did I come across a point where I was thinking, "OK, but now what was that for again?"

For those who are familiar with tower defense, a fun little curve ball comes in the form of you earning new defenses as opposed to ways to level up previous ones. Early on this means you'll be able to bring every defense you have in to a level but in later levels, the choice of what defense you bring is just as much of the strategy as where you place them.

Another refreshing side effect of this is that the various defenses all have their own personality. Sure some are obvious upgrades from earlier versions but you never get to a point where you feel as though you're picking one over another just based on damage or cooldown timers alone. Of course leaving the selection of the defenses up to the player opens up the door to all sorts of community challenges beyond the built in Achievements system.

All in all, I would recommend Tiny Heroes to anyone who's a fan of tower defense style games. If they're what you love, then you should be very pleased with the purchase. If tower defense really just isn't your thing, I would still recommend Tiny Heroes due to it's unique approach to the genre. I could easily see someone new to the tower defense scene falling in love with Tiny Heroes due to the easy learning curve, various layers of strategy, and ultra high replay value. Tiny Heroes has been a great game so far and I for one can't wait to see what new levels we'll see added in the future.
  2. Sep 14, 2011
    A wide variety of defenses, fun level design, and great artistic character make for a totally addictive experience! Btw, epic wizards haunt my dreams. :D
  3. Sep 14, 2011
    I can't stop playing this game! It's one of the best I've ever run into on the app store. Lots of levels, lots of different strategies to try, and the graphics are excellent. The early levels are easy enough for kids to play, but keep the interest of adults with all the different possibilities, too. Then it gets harder after that, but everything is still well-balanced. I especially love the slime defense and the lightning towers! I'd recommend this game for all ages. Collapse
  4. Sep 14, 2011
    Huge fan of geoDefense and geoDefense Swarm, so was excited to see this latest fro the same creator. I was NOT disappointed! The balance on some of these levels is devious, and I love trying to crack the strategy to 3 star! The non-obvious combos are really cool to discover, and I can't put this thing down! Best money I've spent on the app store.
  5. Sep 15, 2011
    This game is such a cool twist on the Tower Defense genre - there are no straight lines, the heroes are smart (to a degree). Love the variety of defenses and the difficulty curve, I picked it up and couldn't put it down! Easily worth the money spent on it, hours upon hours of entertainment and replay.
  6. Sep 21, 2011
    Fun, addictive, challenging, hilarious and cute as a button...especially when you are melting off the faces of those adorable heroes! The levels are balanced carefully so that each tower provides it's own unique ability and work very well with or in some cases against other towers providing many varied ways to play and several strategies to be discovered! Lots of replay value!
  7. Sep 21, 2011
    I absolutely love this game! It's a great twist on the classic tower defense genre where you play the bad guy. There are tons of defenses, a great variety of strategies and levels, and the heroes are smart and full of character. The amount of content in this game is staggering, offering dozens of hours to complete all the levels the first time, and then endless hours of replayability to perfect them using your favorite defenses. The art is whimsical and charming, the theme is clever and fun and the balance is razor sharp. Grab this game! Expand
  8. Sep 22, 2011
    This is my new favorite game! It hasn't been this hard to put something down since I went through puberty! Great game, great design, funtastic art style.
  9. Sep 22, 2011
    I love this game! The artwork is awesome and I can't believe how much fun a tower defense game can be playing the evil one. I am a newbie at playing games and this really has me hooked. I will be enjoying Tiny Heroes for a long time.
  10. Sep 14, 2011

1. Jan 23, 2012
    A fun iPhone app to play and one I will definitely keep.
  2. Jan 21, 2012
    I cannot recommend Tiny Heroes enough, its brilliant art work and gameplay is supreme in the tower defence genre. The only thing missing is a sound track, but it's odd that while playing this superb game won't miss a sound track at all.
  3. Dec 19, 2011
    A fun tower defense-game, where you play as the bad guys, trying to stop the heroes from stealing your treasures by using monster, magic and traps.