Diddy Kong Racing Nintendo 64

8.3

1. Mar 31, 2017
    This game really challenged Mario Kart. Too bad there were never any sequels. I thought the single player adventure mode was far more fun than playing Mario Kart 64 alone.
    The multiplayer modes were fun as well, but I always thought Mario Kart 64 had a slight advantage in that department.
  2. Mar 27, 2017
    This game gets compared to Mario Kart 64 a lot, but there are things that each game does better (and differently) than each other. While MK64 has better Battle Mode and the multiplayer racing is pretty equally good between them, the Adventure Mode in DKR is phenomenal. Alone or with a friend, you navigate the overworld and complete races and challenges and even fight bosses. MK64 is forThis game gets compared to Mario Kart 64 a lot, but there are things that each game does better (and differently) than each other. While MK64 has better Battle Mode and the multiplayer racing is pretty equally good between them, the Adventure Mode in DKR is phenomenal. Alone or with a friend, you navigate the overworld and complete races and challenges and even fight bosses. MK64 is for multiplayer.

DKR is for adventure.
  3. Mar 6, 2017
    This game was way better than anything i was expecting. I personally prefer this over Mario Kart 64. It's an amazing game and Diddy Kong's finest hour in video games.
  4. Feb 26, 2017
    At a first glance, Diddy Kong Racing doesn't look all that special but there's a good reason it has stayed my all time favorite racing game for this long. DKR is jam packed full of content. Tons of characters, maps, battle stages, collectables, and more make DKR feel as much like a single player adventure as it does a multiplayer racing game. When your add the mirrored courses and silverAt a first glance, Diddy Kong Racing doesn't look all that special but there's a good reason it has stayed my all time favorite racing game for this long. DKR is jam packed full of content. Tons of characters, maps, battle stages, collectables, and more make DKR feel as much like a single player adventure as it does a multiplayer racing game. When your add the mirrored courses and silver coin missions to the mix, there is a ton of content in the main campaign. I haven't even mentioned the multiple vehicles, which not only add variety to the game overall, but to each stage as well as many stages are designed around multiple vehicles with alternate routes and shortcuts to discover. The stackable powerup upgrades are also something that makes this game more fun and unique. Great music, graphics, gameplay, and variety makes this game special. Expand
  5. Nov 13, 2016
    I was fortunate enough to receive a Nintendo 64 in 1996 at the age of 4, Mario was my first game. My older sister and I poured our free time into this wonderful world. Our second 2 games were Mario Party 1 & Diddy Kong racing.
    For me Diddy kong racing was exactly what I wanted because similar to Mario64; single player mode was a unique adventure. While the multiplayer mode is equally as fun, just in a different way. Of course Mario Cart has something special that Diddy Kong Racing simply does not have. However, as a whole game Diddy Kong Racing
  6. Aug 1, 2016
    This game is nostalgic and amazing. I think its better than Mario Kart 64 and that is most of the time said the best racer on the N64 but this game has more and is MORE nostalgic.
  7. Jun 6, 2015
    Who knew that racing and a fun campaign mixed so well together! That's exactly what Diddy Kong Racing did. Full of fun and iconic characters from different games, challenging race tracks and challenges, crazy bosses, and even a good time racing. This isn't your typical racing game. If you like Mario Kart you'll like this game as well.
  8. Mar 22, 2015
    10/10 ................................................................................................................................................
  9. Oct 26, 2013
    Diddly kong racing is a great racing game it's like mario kart but it's different in the same way. You race in karts ,boats and planes The level design is great and it's an amazing game buy it now
  10. Sep 12, 2013
    This is really hard for me to say but its the truth, this game is way better than MarioKart 64. I think that it was just so much better than a simple kart game. This was a weird, creepy, and the best part tons of fun! The whole point of this game was to kill a pig king or some really lame story that no one really carries about, but the thing that people really liked was the way you raced.This is really hard for me to say but its the truth, this game is way better than MarioKart 64. I think that it was just so much better than a simple kart game. This was a weird, creepy, and the best part tons of fun! The whole point of this game was to kill a pig king or some really lame story that no one really carries about, but the thing that people really liked was the way you raced. I was like a 6 year old the last time I played this game and will always love the fact that you can pick a character that really you never heard of other than diddy, banjo, and the other monkey girl that was DK's sister, other than that the characters were all unknown and that was the best cause it felt like an original game even tho really this characters were over shadowed by the giant blue elephant genie that was always in my nightmares and will never leave. The actual races were the best you moves from the road to the sky and the water, this game was very awesome and it only took almost twenty years for Mariokart to steal this and make it there own. I love this game and I hate racing games, one of the greats for one of the best systems ever. Expand
  11. Sep 11, 2013
    First off I love this game! It's just as fun as Mario Kart, but with carts, hovercrafts, and planes. The gameplay is fun, the music rocks, and the graphics are beautiful.

Diddy Kong Racing is just awesome. Score: 4/5.
  12. Mar 4, 2013
    Real fun to play and easy better then mario kart 64 with the graphics and all the vehicles in it.
  13. Aug 16, 2012
    Not all companies can make as fun of a kart racer as Nintendo did with Mario Kart, but Rare was a very close second on the N64 with Diddy Kong Racing. As with other competitive "racers," such as Mario Kart and 1080, this game will have you screaming in joy as your friends pass you again after you just barely nudged ahead. The controls are very fluid and work well even with the N64'sNot all companies can make as fun of a kart racer as Nintendo did with Mario Kart, but Rare was a very close second on the N64 with Diddy Kong Racing. As with other competitive "racers," such as Mario Kart and 1080, this game will have you screaming in joy as your friends pass you again after you just barely nudged ahead. The controls are very fluid and work well even with the N64's oft-awkward controller. Rare made another blockbuster with this game. Collapse
  14. May 29, 2012
    Mario Kart-style racer with the characters from Donkey Kong. Long and funny game, very addictive. Although it copies Mario Kart, also DKR knows how to bring some new ideas like planes (so you can fly instead of just drive). Very good game in general terms.
  15. Dec 24, 2011
    Have any of you played through the full adventure mode? Okay this game is fuun, and adds alot more to mario karts formula. but the single player adventure gets SO BORING! if i remebre, you have to beat like every track 4-5 times just to beat the adventure mode... and i did. Oh and when you do that, you can do adventure 2... all of the tracks are just backwards... ADVENTURE HO!
  16. Jul 27, 2011
    A copy-cat of Mario Kart 64 , nether-less is a packed fun game with more interactions and more diversity in the tracks. In fact, it could be even better than Mario Kart 64. The music tunes reminds good times for those that played back then.
  17. Jan 24, 2011
    What a great game. You could spend hours and hours on this and not notice. A great game to play on your own or with a group of friends. One of the best games of the N64 era.
  18. JonD.
    Feb 24, 2006
    this game was great i played this almost every day i remember the graphics being great it was difficult but it was just extreemly fun i havent played it in a while but i have memorys of playin it every day for months when i was younger.
  19. SilentNinja
    Sep 3, 2005
    I definentaly love this game. it's so awsome for a raceing game because you can not only be in cars but in hovercrafts and planes too. i definentaly played this game alot when i was younger heck i still play it now!!!!
  20. NickK.
    May 2, 2005
    A truly engrossing gaming experience. Perfectly balanced, dangerously addictive and dripping with charm, DKR still stands as the finest kart-based racer on any platform.
  21. RobertA
    Jul 15, 2004
    Great racer, i could never beat the end boss though :( maybe i should try again someday.
  22. RobertC.
    Mar 12, 2004
    Let's face it...this game is incredible. The gameplay was awesome, the races were great fun, the multiplayer is addictive, and I don't even what to begin with the open format DKR had.
  23. PersonKiller
    Feb 6, 2004
    It is a kool game the music is hella cool.
  24. Uter
    Nov 19, 2003
    It's little better than Mario Kart 64 in the gameplay department. The 1 player mode is deep and challenging. There's kart, plane, and hovercraft racing here. It's a nice addition to the Mario Kart formula.
  25. Aug 16, 2012

#4 Most Discussed N64 Game of 1997
#5 Most Shared N64 Game of 1997

1. Though it tries to be Kiddy Kong, Diddy Kong Racing is not a kiddie game. This is challenging, full blown racing at its best.
  2. Diddy Kong Racing is almost too good to be true. It is an exquisitely animated, color-rich racing game that bubbles over with character and charm. A triumph.
  3. All I can say is that this is what Mario Kart 64 should have been. Awesome.