Jet Force Gemini Nintendo 64

8.9

1. ThomL
    Mar 18, 2009
    I felt I had to vote, lest someone is fooled into believeing this game is a classice based on a lot of nines and tens. I agree, it is a very good game, however, it is severely let down by the "tribal" rescue component. This sort of tedious "collection" based game play should never have been implemented. It basically ruins a great game. I knew a lot of people who owned this game, real I felt I had to vote, lest someone is fooled into believeing this game is a classice based on a lot of nines and tens. I agree, it is a very good game, however, it is severely let down by the "tribal" rescue component. This sort of tedious "collection" based game play should never have been implemented. It basically ruins a great game. I knew a lot of people who owned this game, real geeks too, and only one of them finished. In his words: "I did it, but no game should be this boring. Ever." Expand
  2. Dec 26, 2011
    Jet Force Gemini may not be the most memorable Rareware game on the N64, but it is one gem of a title with a really unique concept and completely different gameplay than what Rare does in most of their games. This at least shows that Rare weren't afraid to pull out a new IP to work on and release it to the public. I really like the exploration and playing as three different characters asJet Force Gemini may not be the most memorable Rareware game on the N64, but it is one gem of a title with a really unique concept and completely different gameplay than what Rare does in most of their games. This at least shows that Rare weren't afraid to pull out a new IP to work on and release it to the public. I really like the exploration and playing as three different characters as you progress further to the game, where each character had their own missions to accomplish in identical or different destinations. The music is also fantastic too which immediately dives you right into the experience. Though I like the originality of the game, I find the iffy controls difficult to maneuver at times whether you are aiming at your enemies. Aiming with those controls becomes something you need to practice a lot with if you want to defeat the tough bosses. Jet Force Gemini maybe a great 3rd person action adventure title to play through, though I would not consider it to be the best Rare game I had ever played. Expand

#5 Most Discussed N64 Game of 1999
#6 Most Shared N64 Game of 1999

1. An epic game with thrilling shoot-em-up action ensconced in a delectable graphic and sound palette. Jet Force Gemini is another Rare masterpiece through and through.
  2. While the game may not boast the gilded depth and scope of Zelda or the originative spark of Mario, Jet Force Gemini has stolen its way into my heart and become my favorite game on the Nintendo 64.
  3. The gameplay in JFG is reminiscant of a girl that is nice most of the time, but sometimes she can be a real bitch. I believe this game is only second to Zelda64, but it is so close I sometimes waiver on which I think is better.