Mario Party Nintendo 64

7.9

1. Nov 6, 2011
    This game has survived for over 11 years. Just about everytime friends are over i try to get them to play this. It truly is an astonishing classic which revolutionised the board game industry. If i could show you my face when playing this i would
  2. Jan 21, 2012
    The original and still one of the best ones. This game is awesome, I love every part of it, the newer ones have more characters, more stages, a different playing styles, but this my favorite Mario Party. Nostalgia may be playing a big role in my love for this game but it doesn't matter to me. I'll still play this game on my N64 to this day.
  3. May 22, 2012
    The game that started the parties fashion. The adventure mode was great and still is a good fun if you manage to play with friends (if your controllers aren't all broken).
  4. Dec 17, 2013
    This is the greatest game I have ever played besides Twilight Princess. Almost every single mini-game is fun and enjoyable to play. However, it is best to play with multiple people.
  5. Jul 24, 2014
    WARNING - this game breaks friendships! This is the best advice I can tell you! Prepare to play with your friends and have the best multiplayer moments of N64! This game is the meaning of fun! Playing with family or friends, the fun is guaranteed! This game is SO legendary that we're about to have the Mario Party 10! Yes, 9 sequences of this amazing game!
  6. Nov 3, 2016
    6 amazing boards of cool characters. Amazing new idea. And much more what this game did. This game was creative, fresh, fun, original, and phenomenal. But those rotating stick games...ow.
  7. Apr 14, 2016
    Unfortunately, Metacritic's critics only gave the first Mario Party a positive score, but gave the rest of the installments mixed scores. It means that the first will always be the best no matter what these users think.
  8. mutatedkangaroo
    Jun 4, 2005
    The two things keeping this game from getting a ten are the broken joystick in my controller and the huge blisters on my palm
  9. WhyNot?
    Feb 8, 2009
    The first in a series is usually the best, and Mario Party is no exception. Although there are only 6 characters and 8 boards, once you start playing, you'll see why it doesn't need any more. The mini-games -- all 50 of them -- are what you really want to play this game for, and only a couple fall short of expectations. However, twirling the control stick can get a bit painful. The first in a series is usually the best, and Mario Party is no exception. Although there are only 6 characters and 8 boards, once you start playing, you'll see why it doesn't need any more. The mini-games -- all 50 of them -- are what you really want to play this game for, and only a couple fall short of expectations. However, twirling the control stick can get a bit painful. The one place where this game lacks is the story -- it's basically nonexistent. All you do is play a board game. A revolutionary, virtual board game. I give Mario Party an 84/100. Expand
  10. Nov 27, 2011
    Mario changed the party game genre as well. With a ton of minigames to play, it is hard to get bored of this game in a few hours. The graphics and sound in the game are okay.
  11. Jul 1, 2014
    Completely boring as a single-player game but a hell of a lot of fun in multiplayer. I loved the gameplay that the boards added and there was some great mini-games on offer. Unfortunately there was also a few that weren't so great. Overall though a hell of a lot of fun.

#6 Most Discussed N64 Game of 1999
#4 Most Shared N64 Game of 1999

1. Weekly Famitsu
    8 / 8 / 7 / 8 - 31 silver
  2. A perfect, addictive blend of luck, skill, and strategy … anything can happen in a game of Mario Party, and that's what makes it such unique and enjoyable game. Throw your coat on the bed in the guest room, because you're going to be staying a while.
  3. Mario creates another new genre and further demonstrates why the N64 is the system for party animals. The first game of it's kind … for groups of three or four people, though, Mario Party is a Nintendo 64 classic.