Super Mario 64 Nintendo 64

9.2

1. Sep 3, 2017
    It's a classic game that defined how a 3D game works. My only problem with the game is that it didn't age well. Besides that the levels are amazing and it's a fun game!
  2. Rgc
    Jul 4, 2017
    In my opinion it's the best platform game ever. Marco my childhood and was the first game to play.
    Innovation: It was a tremendous boom at that time and to say, the way to handle the camera and to mario is amazing and so far it has been very copied this formula pr other games.
    Gameplay: What more will I say that it has not been said, impressive the way to maejar the camera so that it is comfortable, new enemies and structure of levels, new powers of Mario, etc.
    Soundtrack: Simply legendary. Just listening to the dire dire docks level song makes you want to go back to your children.
    In conclusion is one of the best video games in history and in my opinion the best game ever.
  3. Jun 24, 2017
    Não tenho oque falar, esse jogo é horrivel, chato , repetitivo e cansativo.
    Agora o mario tem um mapa para se explorar oque não faz sentido em um jogo de plataforma, ja que isso so faz com que nos perdemos tempo de ir para uma fase andando por um mapa que praticamente não serve para nada.
    Não tenho oque falar, esse jogo é horrivel, chato , repetitivo e cansativo.
    Outro problema desse jogo é o sistema de avançar nele, aqui voce precisa coletar estrelas para librar novas fases, isso vai fazer com que voce fique indo e voltando na mesma fase e fazendo missões sem sentido e chatas, alem disso pode ter estrelas escondidas em lugares, logo voce pega, volta e entra novamente, não tem sentido nenhum o modo como esse jogo avança.
    O outro problema é o chefe e sua historia, voce enfrenta o bowser varias vezes e é sempre a mesma coisa, voce gira e joga ele em bombas, me parece que os criadores não tiveram a coragem de mudar a forma como se enfrentar ele...
  4. Jun 19, 2017
    Super Mario 64 was the most innovative game ever! It opened up the door for 3d open world gaming which is something everyone should appreciate, but does it have issues... Yes it does but it still is an awesome game. I loved how the hub worked. The paintings being levels was so clever. There was so much to do and it was pretty difficult which is a good thing. The only bad things would beSuper Mario 64 was the most innovative game ever! It opened up the door for 3d open world gaming which is something everyone should appreciate, but does it have issues... Yes it does but it still is an awesome game. I loved how the hub worked. The paintings being levels was so clever. There was so much to do and it was pretty difficult which is a good thing. The only bad things would be the shallow story and the clunky controls but it doesn't hold it back too much. Expand
  5. Jun 11, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a masterpiece. Well done Nintendo. The only thing that seperates this game from being a 10 is the controls, and the graphics. The graphics are not too bad, but it did not age well, and the controls need getting used, unlike the over Mario Games. There is only 2 problems and i've said it.
    So here are the positives: The music is amazing, the gameplay is stunning, the sound effects are great, the music is amazing, and did I say that the music is amazing!
    Well done Koji Kondo.. well done Nintendo. Well done N64.
  6. May 18, 2017
    I grew up with Super Mario 64, and it was one of the earliest 3D platformers I ever played (Donkey Kong 64 was the first). It was truly instrumental in shaping platformer genre's entrance into 3D, and for that the, gaming community owes it a great deal of respect. That said however, I think the game is largely overrated beyond belief. Even on its own console, Donkey Kong 64, Banjo-KazooieI grew up with Super Mario 64, and it was one of the earliest 3D platformers I ever played (Donkey Kong 64 was the first). It was truly instrumental in shaping platformer genre's entrance into 3D, and for that the, gaming community owes it a great deal of respect. That said however, I think the game is largely overrated beyond belief. Even on its own console, Donkey Kong 64, Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie far out shine it. The game music is bland and repetitive, the bosses suck, the story comes off as less interesting than other Mario games (although to be fair, most Mario games don't really have a story anyway) some of levels are flat out bad, and the camera is rather annoying (although it isn't broken) and just doesn't really have the charm that many other 3D platformers have. This is not to say the game is bad, certainly it isn't, it is a good game. Some levels are great, like Bob-omb Battlefield and Whomp's Fortress, controls are decent, enemy variety is decent, and the controls are good, and certainly outshine its early 3D rivals Croc and Bubsy. Interestingly, the people that made Croc, Argonaut Games, are the people that likely made Super Mario 64 a success, because they claim they had originally proposed ideas to Nintendo to create a 3D Mario and later a 3D Yoshi racing game to Nintendo, but Nintendo rejected and ignored these ideas; to this this day, they claim Nintendo stole their ideas and revolutionary 3D hardware to make Super Mario 64, which I'm inclined to believe is true. But anyway, back to the review. Overall, the game is good, but it isn't the greatest platformer out there, it isn't the best 3D platformer for the Nintendo 64, it isn't the best 3D platformer for the Mario series, and it certainly isn't the best in the genre of 3D platformers. Super Mario 64 set the foundation of 3D platformers, but the stonework built on top of it reaches far higher than Super Mario 64. Expand
  7. May 12, 2017
    Very few games have stood the test of time in the way that "Super Mario 64" has. While a number of games come along and provide an "innovative" and "revolutionary" experience, it's not uncommon that some of them age very poorly. "Super Mario 64," however, has aged wonderfully and to this day, it still stands as one of the greatest video games of all time. With graphics that still hold upVery few games have stood the test of time in the way that "Super Mario 64" has. While a number of games come along and provide an "innovative" and "revolutionary" experience, it's not uncommon that some of them age very poorly. "Super Mario 64," however, has aged wonderfully and to this day, it still stands as one of the greatest video games of all time. With graphics that still hold up decently to this day, extremely fun gameplay, wonderful level design, amazing controls, and a tremendous amount of content and variety, "Super Mario 64" continues to stand tall in the gaming world as one of the best titles of all time, and it's incredible to think that the game can still run circles around a number of 3D platformers. If you haven't gotten the chance to play this fantastic game...well, what are you waiting for? Go play it now!
    Final rating: 10 out of 10 "Fantastic"
  8. May 6, 2017
    Probably my one favorite Mario games!
    Probably my one favorite Mario games!
    For those who are not familiar with this game, this journey stars Mario in a 3D adventure where he will go around restoring Power Stars to Princess Peach's Castle (the hub world) inside 15 fun, colorful worlds. Mario's moveset is at probably at its largest here, some of the moves Mario can pull off in this game are exclusive to this game. The music is wonderful and I find myself going back to listen to some of the songs. Most of the stars are pretty fun to collect, though some can be a bit tedious and even frustrating to try to get at times, and sometimes the camera can give off weird angles. Overall it is a very solid video game and I would recommend giving it a try, you can find it on the Wii U Virtual Console.
  9. Apr 30, 2017
    This isn't the worst Mario game ever but also isn't the best. This game is very weird, Plumber hops through paintings to save princess from giant turtle. This is the most overrated Mario game ever Don't buy this unless it's dirt cheap
  10. Apr 8, 2017
    Super Mario 64 is a fantastic game. It is Nintendo's first ever achievement to make their first 3D Mario game. It had a basic story, beautiful graphics, creative designs, fun and enjoyable gameplay, solid controls, new power-ups to use, a lot of collectibles, plenty of missions to do and an excellent musical soundtrack by Koji Kondo. The only flaws I have with this game are the camera andSuper Mario 64 is a fantastic game. It is Nintendo's first ever achievement to make their first 3D Mario game. It had a basic story, beautiful graphics, creative designs, fun and enjoyable gameplay, solid controls, new power-ups to use, a lot of collectibles, plenty of missions to do and an excellent musical soundtrack by Koji Kondo. The only flaws I have with this game are the camera and the difficulty. The camera sometimes is quite steady, but at other times, it can get too clunky. And the whole entire game felt too easy. Some of them can be quite challenging like fighting against Bowser and Eyerok, while the rest are just too easy. The difficulty really needs more work. Overall, like I stated before, it's still a fantastic game. If you're a fan of Mario games like I am, and if you get sick and tired of all the 2D gaming, while you wanted some new experience of 3D gaming, this is must-buy and a must-play for your Nintendo 64. If you ever own a Wii or Wii U, but not the N64, you can download this game for the Wii Shop Channel on Wii and the Nintendo eShop on Wii U. If I'm going to give it a rating, I can give it a 9 out of 10. Expand
  11. Mar 27, 2017
    I had never actually beaten this game until 2016, despite having played it briefly a few times since its release 20 years earlier. So even without copious amounts of nostalgia, this game grabbed hold of me and didn't let me go until I had 120 stars. The level of challenge is great. The analog stick makes this the only way to play this game. On Virtual Console the stick has a huge deadI had never actually beaten this game until 2016, despite having played it briefly a few times since its release 20 years earlier. So even without copious amounts of nostalgia, this game grabbed hold of me and didn't let me go until I had 120 stars. The level of challenge is great. The analog stick makes this the only way to play this game. On Virtual Console the stick has a huge dead zone. On DS you have a D-pad and a touch screen.

If you want to experience one of the greatest 3D platformers of all time, you have to do so on the 64.
  12. Mar 6, 2017
    The game that set the standard for 3D Platforming games and to this day probably still the best one ever. Easily one of the best games ever made and a must play for any gamer.
  13. Mar 6, 2017
    Muito Bom o Jogo o melhor jogo do n64 eu tenho o meu nintendo 64 eo super mario 64 estou jogando muito e muito bom vei e muito bom nada mais o n64 e um dos melhores consoles da nintendo
  14. Mar 3, 2017
    The "Father of 3D Gaming", so innovative for it's time, but what makes it a masterpiece? It stills stands up today as enjoyable and fantastic to play as it was in 1996, truly addictive and very well made, the level designs are memorable, the music is charming and the controls are intuitive. The only true downside is the clunky camera but it´s just one minor flaw that doesn't diminish itThe "Father of 3D Gaming", so innovative for it's time, but what makes it a masterpiece? It stills stands up today as enjoyable and fantastic to play as it was in 1996, truly addictive and very well made, the level designs are memorable, the music is charming and the controls are intuitive. The only true downside is the clunky camera but it´s just one minor flaw that doesn't diminish it from being outstanding! Expand
  15. Mar 1, 2017
    Шикарный и очень интересный платформер, Когда садишься за него, оторваться очень сложно. В этом вся нинтендо.
  16. Feb 14, 2017
    Mario 64 has aged incredibly well. This game revolutionised gaming: the first Mario 3d platformer. And what a good game it was! I really enjoyed getting all 120 stars (twice because I loved the game so much). Despite the n64's controller (remember it?) The controls were actually good, and the different levels are varied have just the right difficulty. Although I prefer Super Mario GalaxyMario 64 has aged incredibly well. This game revolutionised gaming: the first Mario 3d platformer. And what a good game it was! I really enjoyed getting all 120 stars (twice because I loved the game so much). Despite the n64's controller (remember it?) The controls were actually good, and the different levels are varied have just the right difficulty. Although I prefer Super Mario Galaxy (which I have finished 4 times...) this game is the best n64 game and an incredible Mario game. Expand
  17. Feb 13, 2017
    El juego es increíble y divertido, el diseño de los niveles es asombroso, lo único malo sería el manejo del personaje, el cual muchas veces es un problema.
  18. Jan 15, 2017
    Best Nintendo game I have ever played. Open world exploration in the amazing locations this game provides is easily the highlight. It revolutionised gaming, and is still a lot of fun to this day. Glad to see Nintendo are going back to this game's style with Super Mario Odyssey on the Switch. Can't wait! Thank you Super Mario 64 for being so great and inspiring us all to this day!
  19. Jan 4, 2017
    Deutsche Review - Kritik

Deutsche Review - Kritik

Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden?
    Dann sind hier meine Punkte.

Mein persönlicher Score = 78/100
    Mein User Score = 8/10
  20. Dec 30, 2016
    oque falar de Super Mario 64, um jogo incrivel, grafico muito bons, temos o Mario que é personagem espetacular, muitas mapas, um diferente do outro, alguns sao dificeis, a trilha sonora é incrivel, temos personagens classico no game tambem, a verdade é que Mario raramente decepciona, jogo incrivel, classico, vale a pena demais jogar, baixem um emulador no pc e joguem esse classico. Nota 10
  21. Dec 5, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best plataform game of the fifth generation of games, everybody know that was a revolutionary game, and defined how the 3d games would be made from that moment. Expand
  22. Nov 30, 2016
    O jogo eh ótimo, desde seu lançamento eu me supre endo, ate hoje eu jogo e eh um jogo incrível, com ótimos gráficos (para a época) e com ótimos comando, mesmo com aquele controle de N64 meio bagunçado rs, mas esse jogo é ótimo 10/10!
  23. Oct 16, 2016
    gráfico ok (pra época) história nada de mais isso é mario!! nao tem nada haver com mario, eu daria a ele um titulo de spin off e bom... a JOGABILIDADE É HORRIVEL os pulos nao sao nem um pouco precisos é dificil controlar o mario em plataformas finas (não encontrei palavra melhor) e esse é o maior problema desse jogo e de muitos do N64 a e a camera tambem é muito ruim menos um ponto.
  24. Oct 1, 2016
    Mediano, nada mais que isso, a historia continua fraca e uma coisa que me irrita que entrar na mesma fase umas 10 vezes para caçar estrelas, o jogo nao é tudo isso
  25. Sep 2, 2016
    My personal favourite game of all time. Many, many levels, great platforming, was revolutionary to 3D gaming. I honestly speechless about this game, it's AMAZING!! 100/10
  26. Aug 29, 2016
    This game, even 20 years later, is still fantastic. Although not the best 3D Mario game in my opinion, that goes to SMG 2, this is still my favorite, great graphics for a launch N64 game, controls that still hold well even today, this game is still a joy to play today. Buy it on the VC on the Wii or Wii U, HIGHLY recommended.
  27. Jul 30, 2016
    Super Mario 64 is revolutionary game and best selling game on N64, I think this game much better than Ocarina of Time . Graphics for 1996 is ideal and N64 is revolutionary console and in this game very good storyline, gameplay is very amazing, Very awesome game, best game on N64 and one of the best Mario Games .
  28. Jul 30, 2016
    Still one more Mario game. And again legendary. It's just... just wonderful game of all time. But Galaxy better, but once - first GLOBAL 3D game, having cool graphics and MOAR, MOAR, MOAR, MOAR. Nintendo - you best)
  29. Jul 3, 2016
    My 2nd favorite Mario game is this one. The controls feels so free. Not in the bad way. The levels are awesome and the bosses are too. This has to be the 3rd best nintendo 64 game. I recommend everyone play it. It's 100% awesome!
  30. May 28, 2016
    the concept of colect stars can sound very boring, but when you play it you will love this game. with mario 64 you have a lot of hours to play. you have a lot of things to do and the levels are very varied.
  31. Apr 19, 2016
    Es el primer videojuego de Nintendo al que jugué y prácticamente al primero que jugué en mi infancia. En la actualidad puede que ya no resulte complicado manejarlo pero entonces, que no estábamos acostumbrados al 3D con joystic y más aún si eras crío y comenzabas a jugar, el juego era muy complicado. Era un reto aprender a manejarlo pero cuando lo conseguías merecía la pena. Los mundosEs el primer videojuego de Nintendo al que jugué y prácticamente al primero que jugué en mi infancia. En la actualidad puede que ya no resulte complicado manejarlo pero entonces, que no estábamos acostumbrados al 3D con joystic y más aún si eras crío y comenzabas a jugar, el juego era muy complicado. Era un reto aprender a manejarlo pero cuando lo conseguías merecía la pena. Los mundos rebosan personalidad y diversión. Es uno de los mejores videojuegos de la historia y en está en mi lista de favoritos. Marcó los compases que seguirían la mayoría de juegos 3D en la actualidad y reinventó el genero de las plataformas. Mítico y único. Si lo juegas te divertirá seguro. Expand
  32. Apr 13, 2016
    Possibly the greatest game ever made, or at least in the top 5 of every game ever made. This game will be 20 in a few months and no game yet has rivaled what this game has done in gameplay, worlds, soundtrack, graphics (for the technology back then) or immersion.
  33. Apr 13, 2016
    Me parece el plataformas en 3d por excelencia.Los niveles son muy variados y tiene una musica muy pegadiza.Marca un antes y un despues en los videojuegos
  34. Mar 24, 2016
    The standard setter for all 3D platform games to come, Super Mario 64 develops a fantastic camera system and tight controls for the best experience on the Nintendo 64, in my opinion.

Nintendo do it best when it comes to launch titles, and the time you spend trying to capture all 120 stars will be rewarding and fun. For me, it is still one of the best games ever created.
  35. Mar 12, 2016
    I reviewed all of the classic Mario games now, and it's finally time for me to review this game. God damn, this game is awesome. One of my favorite games of all time, actually. To start off, we have the average everyday plot of a Mario game, so I won't have to spoil it. You go into the castle nearby and you jump into a painting to enter a stage. Something similar has been in every 3D MarioI reviewed all of the classic Mario games now, and it's finally time for me to review this game. God damn, this game is awesome. One of my favorite games of all time, actually. To start off, we have the average everyday plot of a Mario game, so I won't have to spoil it. You go into the castle nearby and you jump into a painting to enter a stage. Something similar has been in every 3D Mario game since. Most stages contain boss fights, which is fine by me. However, they're all pretty easy, so don't expect a challenge. Even the Bowser fights are no challenge. Despite this, the level design is great, the soundtrack is awesome, and the graphics... while not the best for the N64, are still pretty good. Overall, Mario 64 is a kick ass game and my favorite Mario game of all time. Expand
  36. Feb 19, 2016
    ótimo jogo. extremamente criativo na questão do mario entrar nos quadros. ótima trilha sonora, senários muito bem feitos, ótima jogabilidade. só faltou uma coisa: o luigi.
  37. Jan 28, 2016
    Ok, I'm not sure about it being a Mario game makes it bad to the kids who play Call of Duty all day... but who cares! This classical Super Mario 64 will keep you on from playing several hours and hours until you complete the game! After completing the game, you have several things to do left or just call the game a collector's item.
  38. Jan 4, 2016
    The granddaddy of all 3d platformers! Super Mario 64 is basically my childhood! It still remains a personal favorite and game I cherish both in the 3d platformer genre as well as all 3D video games in general.
  39. Dec 28, 2015
    ok first of all please ignore most of the negative reviews there pepole that have played games from now went played this game and thought it was bed becuse its not like games now the graphics are very smooth and the game play is great sometimes the camera is meh but this is a game that sparked the generation and changed gameing
  40. Dec 28, 2015
    Still the best game I've ever played, and I still play it to this day, replaying it every so often. Even ignoring how revolutionary it was in it's time in every possible way (graphics, design, control, sound), it holds up today in almost every respect. My favourite game of all time.
  41. Oct 1, 2015
    Tier 1
    + Obviously a genre-defining classic
    + Displays a crazy amount of innovation and diversity in the unique 3D platforming gameplay and mechanics available + Offers a compelling world full of delightful and surreal visual themes and aesthetics + Allows the player some freedom in their progression through the gameplay ? Particularly steep skill curve later in the game could
    Tier 1
    + Obviously a genre-defining classic
    + Allows the player some freedom in their progression through the gameplay
    ? Particularly steep skill curve later in the game could frustrate some
    ? Very involved completionist requirements with some challenges that could feel tedious (such as 100 coin stars)
  42. Aug 3, 2015
    What is there left to say about this game that hasn't been said? One of the strongest launch titles, one of the strongest mario games and frankly - one of the best gaming experiences you can have if you like platformers.
  43. May 31, 2015
    Un juego revolucionario, una obra maestra inolvidable
    Un juego revolucionario, una obra maestra inolvidable
    Una noche de navidad ansioso esperando que regalo me llegaría, llega un paquete grande con una de las mejores consolas de la historia y dentro esta maravilla de juego que aun conservo, fue uno de los momentos mas mágicos al poner el cartucho en la n64 y ver a mario en 3d fue alucinante.. uno de los juegos mas revolucionarios de la historia, el juego que puso las bases en 3D y con un control perfecto era mario 64 que se puede decir de este juego que no se aya dicho antes bueno aquí va mi análisis este juego radia magia por donde se le mire su gran banda sonora es hoy en día una de las mejores de la historia para un juego de la saga mario, el paso 2d a 3d a la perfección que muchos juegos no lograron y perdieron calidad , pues miyamoto lo pudo lograr y creo una obra maestra , con una jugabilidad espectacular, donde el control fue exclusivamente creado para este juego.. explorar un mundo 3d para mi era algo nuevo y buscar las 120 estrellas era un reto, l
  44. May 26, 2015
    A very good video the best Nintendo 64 game ever. I say go play it but you most likely have just go play it again.....................................
  45. May 19, 2015
    over rated there were much better games out on n64 such as turok and that star wars game and mariokart 64 , this game in my memory being 32 now was not very good for the time and that was back in 96 my friend,

sega Saturn was better then this piece of crap
  46. Apr 16, 2015
    Bought this game on Wii U eShop Virtual Console and I do not regret my decision. This game is so fun. Everything is fantastic. I only have one complaint, and even this is probably the smallest complaint I've ever had on any game. I just don't the 'Game Over' music. But this is definitely one of the best games of all time. You can't miss out on this masterpiece. 10/10 definitely.
  47. Mar 24, 2015
    This is obviously the best 3D platformer of all time. If you rate this below a 7, your just not a real nerd/geek/gamer. This has amazing graphics, gameplay,swimming,levels,controls,camera and everything!
    THIS IS THE BEST MARIO GAME EVER!!!
  48. Mar 22, 2015
    Super Mario 64 doesn't quite hold up as well as Ocarina of Time did but you're definitely getting the quality experience you'd always expect from a Mario title. The worlds are huge and the gameplay is excellent just like always. Mario's never been on an adventure as grand as this one! From the Wing Cap to a Bob-omb war site to a pirate ship with an eel poking out, Mario 64 has something toSuper Mario 64 doesn't quite hold up as well as Ocarina of Time did but you're definitely getting the quality experience you'd always expect from a Mario title. The worlds are huge and the gameplay is excellent just like always. Mario's never been on an adventure as grand as this one! From the Wing Cap to a Bob-omb war site to a pirate ship with an eel poking out, Mario 64 has something to throw at you every single minute. Expand
  49. Mar 13, 2015
    my god who will hate this game everyone has the n64 love this game good good good gameplay graphics history one of the best marios games I have ever seen
  50. Feb 22, 2015
    Game: Super Mario 64
    Genre: Platformer Adventure
    Developer: Nintendo System: Nintendo 64 (N64) Total Score: 90/100 Value Score: 9/10 • Story: 7/10 • Characters: 7/10 • GamePlay: 9/10 • Graphics: 9/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 10/10 • Length: 8/10 • Replay Value: 10/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +Fantastic course design +Courses change depending on when you enter them and
    Game: Super Mario 64
    Genre: Platformer Adventure
    Developer: Nintendo
    System: Nintendo 64 (N64)
    Total Score: 90/100

• Music: 10/10
    • Length: 8/10
    • Replay Value: 10/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +Fantastic course design
    +Courses change depending on when you enter them and which Star you are going for
    +Gameplay mechanics give Mario more freedom than previous games
    +Gameplay Style changed from side scroller platformer from start to end towards collectathon on a open world environment.
    +Voiceovers for the first time in the series
    +Health style life bar gives players more chance of taking risks instead of being limited to one or two hits
    +Power ups are available but vary completely different from previous games such as the inclusion of Metal Mario, Invisible Mario and Winged Cap Mario
    +Fantastic Musical Score
    +A lot of replayability and lengthy single player mode to collect all of the power stars.

Cons
    -Certain invisible walls which may of been made in error or intentionally yet annoying that may end up costing you a life
    -Controls can be annoying thanks to the design of the N64 controller
  51. Feb 14, 2015
    The late 90's was the period of time when the 3 major series, Mario, Sonic, and Legend of Zelda were in 2D long enough, and they needed to make the leap into 3D, and each series did it nearly flawlessly! I got this game with my N64 on Christmas, as I am a very AVID retro gamer for my age. I love this game so far! The graphics are great for its time, the controls are precise, and theThe late 90's was the period of time when the 3 major series, Mario, Sonic, and Legend of Zelda were in 2D long enough, and they needed to make the leap into 3D, and each series did it nearly flawlessly! I got this game with my N64 on Christmas, as I am a very AVID retro gamer for my age. I love this game so far! The graphics are great for its time, the controls are precise, and the camera, well... I'll let you see that for yourself. And, this serves as a GREAT launch title for such a great video game console! This game is a lot of fun and I HIGHLY recommend it! Expand
  52. Jan 30, 2015
    This remarkable vidieo game is the most dear to me. It was huge childhood memory of happy fun early mornings of mario. The Music and maps are great. I will never forget these memories...
  53. Jan 14, 2015
    This Game is definitely THE BEST GAME EVER MADE! If you never play this game, go play RIGHT NOW! The controls, the levels, the castle... everything it´s perfect in this game. This game is a Masterpiece!
  54. Jan 10, 2015
    Where do i start? Everything about this game is fantastic. One of the best 3d plat former's to date even after 19 years. With over 120 starts to collect you'll come back to this game to find them all in 15 courses of the most original designs ever in a game. Mario flying around in a 3d environment is truly spectacular. No one will forget this game.
  55. Dec 20, 2014
    Super Mario 64 is the perfect opening game for the N64.
    With diverse level design, appealing graphics, Mario sounding music, great replay value,quite a bit of secrets , and a lot of devious challenges. There is only 1 thing that could be better :
    The changing camera angles
  56. Dec 15, 2014
    Fue el primer juego de Mario que realmente jugué (sin contar juegos en emuladores) y lo amo, cada nivel es único, los retos son demasiados y la historia te obliga a terminarlo quieras o no... Así debería ser un juego, y para lo que fue en su época, es posiblemente el mejor de su era pues hoy es un estándar irrevocable y sin duda es el mas memorable que ofrece la industria.
  57. Dec 9, 2014
    What happened to Mario? This game does not reflect the greatness of its predecessors, such as Mario golf on the play station 1, and Tetris. Like many games in recent times it suffers from a big problem, there is way too much water. The only thing this game has going for it is its deep storyline involving the girl from last of dust, and pokemon diamond. That is why Mario dream cast gets aWhat happened to Mario? This game does not reflect the greatness of its predecessors, such as Mario golf on the play station 1, and Tetris. Like many games in recent times it suffers from a big problem, there is way too much water. The only thing this game has going for it is its deep storyline involving the girl from last of dust, and pokemon diamond. That is why Mario dream cast gets a solid 10/10. Expand
  58. Dec 6, 2014
    Best 3D Mario game Ever! There are so much fun courses to complete and collecting stars on many fun ways. It's easy to learn and has high replay value. This is a game for you if you like memorable levels and music. This game gets never old!
  59. Nov 18, 2014
    This is the greatest game of all time. Two decades later, it is still being played by speedrunners daily. It's an example of a perfect game, utilizing the best graphics available at the time coupled with amazing physics. It defined the genre of 3D platforming in an open world setting with secrets to uncover and objectives to be completed. The praises of this game cannot be understated.This is the greatest game of all time. Two decades later, it is still being played by speedrunners daily. It's an example of a perfect game, utilizing the best graphics available at the time coupled with amazing physics. It defined the genre of 3D platforming in an open world setting with secrets to uncover and objectives to be completed. The praises of this game cannot be understated. Odds are, if a platforming game has a certain element in it, it came from SM64. Expand
  60. Nov 16, 2014
    This was my first game ever and I am glad about that it is a game that showed others how video games are supposed to be and it blew others all away 10 out of 10
  61. Nov 16, 2014
    Honestly, this single game basically sums up my childhood. Want a real reiew? Go play it yourself. Go ahead. I even cried when the credits started to roll. It took me a lot of years to complete, but hey, atleast it's better than nothing. Thank you, Nintendo and thank you Mario.
  62. Nov 11, 2014
    A great 3d platformer with a great mix of difficulty and fun times. Definitely a classic Mario game that everyone has to play during their lifetime. One of the best games of all time!
  63. Nov 10, 2014
    Out of the massive amount of 3D platformers that the N64 library has to offer, Super Mario 64 takes 3rd place behind Conker's BFD and Banjo Kazooie. However, I think it has the best overworld giving you a full tour of Peach's Castle. I couldn't get into it as much as I could the other two, but I still loved playing this game. Every N64 fan needs this game in their library.
  64. Nov 5, 2014
    Definitely a classic for the N64. This one of the best games growing up and at the time had superior graphics. They just had so much to do and it was like never ending, you competed against friends to see who had the most stars. It's just a great overall game and if you haven't played it yet then I'm sorry.
  65. Sep 25, 2014
    Aaaaaahhh... This game was my childhood right here. The gameplay is so much fun and this is definitely one of the better Mario games out there and in my top 5 favorite games ever made. It is a CLASSIC.
  66. Sep 25, 2014
    Surprising really, as we were expecting from Mario, we should recieve another 2D masterpiece from Nintendo, but no, Super Mario 64 has the best 2D - 3D transition ever made, it appeared to be an impossible task to make a 3D Mario game with all the fun and challange that you often find in Mario games, but no, Nintendo in its best just made a masterpiece, Super Mario 64 is fun, challenging,Surprising really, as we were expecting from Mario, we should recieve another 2D masterpiece from Nintendo, but no, Super Mario 64 has the best 2D - 3D transition ever made, it appeared to be an impossible task to make a 3D Mario game with all the fun and challange that you often find in Mario games, but no, Nintendo in its best just made a masterpiece, Super Mario 64 is fun, challenging, different and immersive 10/10 plataform game, another masterpiece from Nintendo. Expand
  67. Aug 22, 2014
    this game is good but could be better it has solid controls and level design a great hubworld with 3 new powerups the wing cap, the vanish cap and the metal cap and if you download project 64 and a rom of the game you can have ALL 3 AT ONCE!!!
  68. Jul 9, 2014
    This game basically sucked. Classics are not always good. The graphics were horrible Crash Bandicoot had way better gameplay and graphics. Bosses were lame and repetitive. For the DS was better because the original is not the best. Bowser looked like an oversized stuffed animals. The gameplay overall was boring got bored after collecting a couple stars. The one thing I liked was some ofThis game basically sucked. Classics are not always good. The graphics were horrible Crash Bandicoot had way better gameplay and graphics. Bosses were lame and repetitive. For the DS was better because the original is not the best. Bowser looked like an oversized stuffed animals. The gameplay overall was boring got bored after collecting a couple stars. The one thing I liked was some of the level designs. Although many PS1 games looked way better such as Spyro the Dragon or Crash Bandicoot Expand
  69. Jun 30, 2014
    This game and everything about it brings back such happy memories for me. I remember being mesmerized by it as a kid. As always with Mario titles the level design was great and very varied, there was lots of cool things like the sliding missions to break up the usual platforming gameplay but above-all the music was probably the best of any Mario title I've ever played. Visually the gameThis game and everything about it brings back such happy memories for me. I remember being mesmerized by it as a kid. As always with Mario titles the level design was great and very varied, there was lots of cool things like the sliding missions to break up the usual platforming gameplay but above-all the music was probably the best of any Mario title I've ever played. Visually the game was bursting with colour and I remember it being very challenging. I can't wait to replay this one day. A definite classic. Expand
  70. Jun 9, 2014
    Dayum this is a good game best mario game ever in my opnion, so many feels from this game memories with family playing it and friends as well especially all the memories from that on lvl were u must throw bowser onto the bombs :'( good ol days! Really fun game I recomend it to everyone even if it is 1996.
  71. Jun 3, 2014
    Mario 64 is in my Eyes the best Platformer ever. It has a whole lot of easter-eggs and such. the controls feels responsive the gameplay fells good, the sountrack is godly. overall it has a couple of bugs but those bugs are only found because the game has been out for such a long time. this is normal with any game. it's not like you meet a bug on your first playtrough. that is highlyMario 64 is in my Eyes the best Platformer ever. It has a whole lot of easter-eggs and such. the controls feels responsive the gameplay fells good, the sountrack is godly. overall it has a couple of bugs but those bugs are only found because the game has been out for such a long time. this is normal with any game. it's not like you meet a bug on your first playtrough. that is highly unlikely. a masterpiece Expand
  72. Jun 2, 2014
    This game is very good I have it on my wii and it is pure awesomeness good graphics and technology thank you Nintendo for this great game thank you I give this a ten
  73. May 24, 2014
    I know this game was revolutionary, but whenever I pick it up and play it- it always ends in frustration about one of the many things that this game hasn't aged well in. Some of these bad things are: that the camera is clunky, Mario cannot turn around without running in a circle, the music (while great) gets old very quickly, and also the fact that there are so many stars per level- I getI know this game was revolutionary, but whenever I pick it up and play it- it always ends in frustration about one of the many things that this game hasn't aged well in. Some of these bad things are: that the camera is clunky, Mario cannot turn around without running in a circle, the music (while great) gets old very quickly, and also the fact that there are so many stars per level- I get tired of going back to the same boring level over and over again to get stars. In conclusion, while the game was an 8.5/10 in 1996, now the game is extremely dated and frustrating because of it. Expand
  74. Apr 11, 2014
    This is one of the few games that have set the standard for all games ever very possibly the best game ever in every aspect espiccally for the N64 its amazing how well this game was devoloped
  75. Apr 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While I don't care for this game as much as some people I will admit that I have always enjoyed Mario's first 3D Platformer; Super Mario 64. I do have some nostalgia from this game even though I didn't grow up playing that many video games, I just remember playing this game at a friend's house and I very much enjoyed it. So I eventually got my own copy of the game on the Wii Virtual Console later on in my life and when I got a used N64, I got the original SM64 cart as well, and I still enjoy the game today. The gameplay is solid, there are many different levels with very fun stars to collect, one thing though is that it the level themes may get repetitive; for example early on in the game you will find the level Cool, Cool Mountain which is a snow themed level, but later on in the game you find Snowman's Land; while the levels had their differences, I kind of wished for more diversity in themes, but maybe I shouldn't criticize that since the game may have have some limitations in being made. The bosses are okay, however I do think the final boss against Bowser is cool. I also like Mario's new abilities like being able to kick and ground-pound. Overall Super Mario 64 is a classic; while I do like Sunshine and the Galaxy games better, every gamer should play this. Expand
  76. Mar 31, 2014
    At the the time it revolutionized the gaming industry. This was by far the most epic game of my generation. Super Mario 64 to this day is the best plat former I have ever played. The character is one of the greatest invented. Super Mario 64 will be a game that my children's children will play.
  77. Mar 24, 2014
    Revolutionary. A classic. Look past the graphics. Sweet baby Jesus 64. Again, one of the most revolutionary video games of the forever. Thank you Nintendo, please have my baby Luigi.
  78. Mar 9, 2014
    I love this game, solid controls, camera, and it looks great. While it is not as good as Banjo Kazooie, the creativity and effort is there, and I would recommend it to anyone looking to play a platformer. You could say the game is just an inspiration to others and that's why it's praised, but it's that way for a reason, picking what stars to get when, and creative design show this. It'sI love this game, solid controls, camera, and it looks great. While it is not as good as Banjo Kazooie, the creativity and effort is there, and I would recommend it to anyone looking to play a platformer. You could say the game is just an inspiration to others and that's why it's praised, but it's that way for a reason, picking what stars to get when, and creative design show this. It's only short coming is that some stars are a bit tedious to get. Expand
  79. Feb 8, 2014
    A truly great game with amazing aspects. It's quite a blast to play through fully, although the experience is a bit overrated by fans of the game back in the day.
  80. Jan 29, 2014
    I just can't understand why people ike this game.Absolutely awful,just awful graphic(it is all because of the platform),easy to die because of bad camera view.Characters looks absolutely awful,no one looks as in original game,especially Bowser.5,8 out of ten because it is QUITE playable
  81. Jan 13, 2014
    this is considered the best game of all time because it has not grown old with time and it was glorious! sure, the difficulty was pretty cruel, but this game had all we Mario fans could ask for.
  82. Jan 9, 2014
    The best 3D Platformer and overall just best platformers ever made. Super Mario 64 is a landmark is gaming and rightfully so. The gameplay is amazing, the soundtrack is one of the best in a video game, the level design is amazing, the atmosphere in the levels fit the levels perfectly, the bosses are memorable and is pretty challenging (especially those hidden stars). This is my 2ndThe best 3D Platformer and overall just best platformers ever made. Super Mario 64 is a landmark is gaming and rightfully so. The gameplay is amazing, the soundtrack is one of the best in a video game, the level design is amazing, the atmosphere in the levels fit the levels perfectly, the bosses are memorable and is pretty challenging (especially those hidden stars). This is my 2nd favorite game of all time behind Twilight Princess and is just one of the best games ever made and is in my opinion the best game that came out in the 90's. Super Mario 64 is a piece of history. Expand
  83. Jan 5, 2014
    Probably the best video game ever made, with unforgettable levels and musics. If you talk about 3D video games, this one is a must-have. It redefined the platform standards and perfectly launched the N64 back in 1996. If you don't have it, or if you never played it (I hope you did), then buy it, or emulate it if you want, but do something quick, this really is a fantastic masterpiece.
  84. Dec 20, 2013
    It was great as a 3D Mario game, but the camera isn't just bad it's totally evil! The controls are also kinda shifty, the music starts eating away at your brains after about 1 minute, and it's REALLY glitchy.
  85. Dec 7, 2013
    I was never an "N64 kid," so I wasn't lucky enough to experience the plumber's first 3D adventure when it was unleashed upon the world in 1996. Because my vision isn't blurred by the lovely intoxicant that is nostalgia, I can see the game it for what it truly is, after all those years. And what it is, is hands down, one of the greatest video games of all time. While the graphics haveI was never an "N64 kid," so I wasn't lucky enough to experience the plumber's first 3D adventure when it was unleashed upon the world in 1996. Because my vision isn't blurred by the lovely intoxicant that is nostalgia, I can see the game it for what it truly is, after all those years. And what it is, is hands down, one of the greatest video games of all time. While the graphics have clearly aged poorly, the controls, gameplay, and music of Super Mario 64 are still worthy of the term greatness. However, the number one aspect of this game, above any other, is simply the fun you will have playing through it. And then playing through it again to get all 120 Stars. And another time just for fun. A must play, for all who game. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go play some Super Mario 64. Expand
  86. Nov 27, 2013
    This is the first game i ever played. And the best. The visuals are awesome, The control is precise and the gameplay is just fun. There is a lot of worlds and they all feel unique. Best game ever.
  87. Nov 21, 2013
    a great 3d platformer (tough EXTREMLEY overatated) worth a play honestly its poor in comparison to games like galaxy or 3d land/world it IS the first 3d mario game ever so for a first its pulled off great but there are 3 problems i have with it controls
  88. Nov 3, 2013
    One of the best games of all time. All true gamers should play this game, if they already didn't. Controls are easy to learn and comfortable. Music feels free and many tunes are really catchy. I've got all stars trice already. The only bad thing I see about this game is the fact that levels feel a bit "empty". It's still worth buying because it's simply a funny to play and entertainingOne of the best games of all time. All true gamers should play this game, if they already didn't. Controls are easy to learn and comfortable. Music feels free and many tunes are really catchy. I've got all stars trice already. The only bad thing I see about this game is the fact that levels feel a bit "empty". It's still worth buying because it's simply a funny to play and entertaining classic game. Expand
  89. Sep 19, 2013
    This game will always be known as one, if not THE best platformer of all time. Each level is amazing, with amazing music to go along with them. To this day, Super Mario 64 holds up very well. Though this game is not perfect (camera becomes an issue quite a few times), this game is one that will always be known as an all time great.
  90. Sep 16, 2013
    This is hands down one of the best games in history. Graphics and gameplay are classic the story is great all of it just incredible! If you have a N64 and dont own mario 64 you are missing out. I wish luigi was in there.
  91. Sep 12, 2013
    This is one of the best Mario games I ever played. This is why I still prefer the N64 out of any video game console out there, better luck next time Playstation 1. Score: 4/5.
  92. Aug 6, 2013
    Easily one of the best games ever made. The level design is ingenious, the stars are fun to collect, and it has that classical Nintendo charm. I recommend this as a must have for any Nintendo or classic game fan. You will not be disappointed.
  93. Jul 20, 2013
    This game is a blast to play. It's hard these days to see games so much adventure than SM64. In retrospect, the game did'nt age as well as many other platformers at the time (mainly Banjo-Kazooie), but overall it's a part of gaming history, and should be played at least once in your life.
  94. Jul 13, 2013
    This is still one of my favorite Mario Games. I think it has aged very well and it is still fun to play even after finding all 120 stars. The graphics still hold up well and there is so much to do in the game that it is still fun to play even after all the stars are found. For good reason Mario64 will be forever considered a classic platform game.
  95. Jun 27, 2013
    Super Mario 64 might just be the best 3D platformer around. Every level is interesting, full of secrets and stars to collect. The controls are near perfect. The music is amazing.

Yet the most stunning things about this game is that it's for the N64. Had a game like this been released today with better graphics, it would be considered amazing. And yet this game was released over 10 years ago. This speaks volumes as to why this game is a masterpiece. If you haven't experienced Super Mario 64, you haven't experienced what gaming is all about.
  96. Jun 4, 2013
    Now Mario is different, obviously the plot is mostly the same as the last games, but what makes this game so special? THE NEW 3D, so fun, so weird, and you can't stop playing it, well just take a breathe, the platforms are different in each 'picture', not the same, and has many puzzles that, sometimes are very stressing or tire, but are ingenious.
  97. May 18, 2013
    This game made my childhood, this game is the reason why I am still playing games, I am saying this is because of the fact that this is one of the reasons why there are Mario games still being created, probably for the main reason being that they nailed the 3D platform for it's time, and is a true inspiration to many people around the world.
  98. May 1, 2013
    Super Mario 64 has reshaped the 3D platforming genre in video games, along with precise gameplay (except the camera controls). There are barely any story elements involved, but that is not the point of this game. It has a variety of level design and power abilities that the player has in his/her disposal that are useful and FUN in missions, which is a plus. Each objective require differentSuper Mario 64 has reshaped the 3D platforming genre in video games, along with precise gameplay (except the camera controls). There are barely any story elements involved, but that is not the point of this game. It has a variety of level design and power abilities that the player has in his/her disposal that are useful and FUN in missions, which is a plus. Each objective require different skills to complete. The soundtrack is spectacular and each score fits in every aspect, whether in a castle, a sunken ship, or a boss battle. The puzzles are creative and in some cases time consuming, yet rewarding. Sure, there are some glitches around, but it does not effect the progression of the game. The enemies' AI is fair, not easy nor difficult. It has an intermediate amount of gameplay due to the amount of objectives (20+ hours). This game is a prime example of 3D platforming that inspired later games of the same genre. Super Mario 64 needs to be played whether for fun or for use in video game studies. Expand
  99. Apr 24, 2013
    this game came from a time when games where challenging, and you had to figure stuff out by yourself. It is one of the best games for the N64, but the camera can get annoying
  100. Apr 10, 2013
    el juego que invento y perfecciono a la vez el genero de plataformas en 3d, una verdadera obra maestra de diseño, concepto y ejecucion. El mejor juego de lanzamiento de las consolas de nintendo y un clasico de todos los tiempos. Necesito decir algo mas?
  101. Jan 7, 2011
    wirh out a doubt the best platformer ever made even using the god awful N64 controller. the game doesnt have alot of enimies but it has some of the best level desighns in any platform game . the graphics where amazing the bosses alot of fun. the game isnt very long to beat but if you want to get 120 stars it will take you some time . one of the very few platformer games i can still playwirh out a doubt the best platformer ever made even using the god awful N64 controller. the game doesnt have alot of enimies but it has some of the best level desighns in any platform game . the graphics where amazing the bosses alot of fun. the game isnt very long to beat but if you want to get 120 stars it will take you some time . one of the very few platformer games i can still play and beat many times. Collapse

#1 Most Discussed N64 Game of 1996
#1 Most Shared N64 Game of 1996

1. The distribution of power stars in the levels is horrendous. I think 7 stars in one level is more than enough, don't you think? I understand that there are memory constraints, but there either could have been less stars overall, or 1 (maybe 2) more level(s). Definately a problem.
  2. It has quickly grown to become the standard by which almost all other games are measured.
  3. This is definitely a game no game collection should be without...Seriously!