Super Mario 64 Nintendo 64
9.2

1. Yaners
    Aug 5, 2002
    This was my first nintendo game (i got it when i was six) it is still one of my favorite games. I still haven't got all 120 stars!!!
  2. MarkD.
    Apr 15, 2003
    This game is great i played it from 1997 to 1999 and finally beat it with 120 stars.
  3. Uter
    Sep 5, 2003
    It's one of the top 10 best games of all time. The levels are brilliant, and the puzzles are diverse and inventive. When you compare this to today's Mario Sunshine, there's really no contest. Mario 64 is a vastly superior game.
  4. GlenS.
    Feb 24, 2005
    The best game ever since when it came out till now feb 2005.the only game that is nearly as good is zeda ocarina of time.
  5. CharlieW.
    Jan 20, 2006
    Until recently, I hadn't played the game since 1999. In 2005 though, I bought an N64 on an impulse for twenty bucks along with a copy of Super Mario 64. I was curious to see if the plumber could still hold his own against newer games like Half-Life 2. I played it for a while and realized that it is still the best dammned game I've ever played. Better than anything that the Until recently, I hadn't played the game since 1999. In 2005 though, I bought an N64 on an impulse for twenty bucks along with a copy of Super Mario 64. I was curious to see if the plumber could still hold his own against newer games like Half-Life 2. I played it for a while and realized that it is still the best dammned game I've ever played. Better than anything that the current-gen systems can dish out, better than Halo, better than anything. It is the definitive platformer. The graphics are beautiful, the levels have incredible depth, and the sheer length of the game makes it an absolute classic. The replay value is relatively high. And it is hard to find all 120 of those stars. In fact, if you were devoted enough to getting a single star which has eluded you, it is possible to unwittingly spend up to an hour or more chasing that one star. The game has the ability to make one obsess over it. The only flaw this game has is the wacky camera. May Super Mario 64 live on forever, and may it never be forgotten. Expand
  6. RolandJ.
    Feb 5, 2006
    If you want to play the very best 3D platform game that has been made, play Mario 64. This is the flagship title for the console at the peak of console gaming. It is not just a superb game; it's a piece of history. If you want to know about videogames, you must play this game. Console gaming grew up around platformers and this is the only thing resembling a blueprint for platforming If you want to play the very best 3D platform game that has been made, play Mario 64. This is the flagship title for the console at the peak of console gaming. It is not just a superb game; it's a piece of history. If you want to know about videogames, you must play this game. Console gaming grew up around platformers and this is the only thing resembling a blueprint for platforming in the 3D era. You don't know where videogames have got to unless you play this. Expand
  7. Starfire
    Oct 23, 2007
    This is just as fun and mesmerising as the day it came out. Mixing the playful fantasy of Mario with immersive 3D graphics is a stunning combination. The DS version doesn't have the same playability. As others say, it may well still be the best game ever created- certainly the one with the most freedom of play.
  8. RobR.
    Sep 4, 2007
    Still very playable now, helped by the Wii Virtual Console, and a mesmerising game at on release.
  9. TitaniumDragon
    May 25, 2008
    The best 3D platformer I've ever played, and arguably ever. It does everything it should do, and is just tons of fun. You can't NOT enjoy this game; it is amazingly well put together, has a decent level of difficulty, and some amount of replay value. The gameplay is simply amazing, and everyone should play this game at least once.
  10. thisgameishotlol
    Apr 10, 2009
    don't listen to idiots like joe s who scored this lower than any of the critics. this game rules
  11. greatgameepicwin
    Apr 30, 2009
    omg.. the critic who only gave this game an 80 misspelled the word "definitely" in his review. omfg.
  12. AdamM
    Apr 5, 2009
    I remember being 12 and spending hours trying to get that star... I took out the Nintendo 64 this morning and relived my memories. Best game ever.
  13. DavidT.
    Feb 10, 2003
    This is one of the greatest games ever created. This game is still used as the standard from which all games are judged, and no game has yet to unseat it. This game is just fun, as well as long and challenging. Even though this game was released seven years ago, I still find myself playing it.
  14. KyleN.
    Nov 3, 2005
    Simply amazing. Best platformer of all time.
  15. JohnB.
    Jul 12, 2005
    This is my favorite game ever. It is better thatn bond, halo, and any other game that I've played. It has great graphics great game play and it is sweet.
  16. JoshuaL.
    Dec 30, 2006
    Probably the funnest game for N64,I dislike the N64 too but this game was so good, I used 1000 Wii points to buy it.
  17. MichaelF.
    Jun 30, 2006
    This game lacks at nothing and is the pure definition of 3-d mario. as classic as it is, this game is outstanding with its length, difficulty, and gameplay. While not boasting great graphics, the game's classic tunes should never be forgotton and its themes to be the base of many modern gaming themes. A recommendation, classic, and superior game indeed.
  18. DanielD.
    May 30, 2007
    Its a game.... that grows on you.... like you play the game when your 5 like me.... and play it on the DS. It doesnt feel the same. Its a game that you should pass it on your kids and see the great times you had when you were a kid..... (I'll never forget how great this game is. It gets a 10.)
  19. PaulM.
    Feb 19, 2008
    A truly unforgettable and original game .A wonderfully fun and enjoyable experience from start to finish.This is a remarkable achievement in games development that raised the bar to untouchable heights in the most picturesque, awe-inspiring and loveable way possible.A magicaly addictive and enchanting game that will remain the fondest gaming memory of my life .This game is without doubt A truly unforgettable and original game .A wonderfully fun and enjoyable experience from start to finish.This is a remarkable achievement in games development that raised the bar to untouchable heights in the most picturesque, awe-inspiring and loveable way possible.A magicaly addictive and enchanting game that will remain the fondest gaming memory of my life .This game is without doubt one of a kind.It plays like an immaculate dream that you will not want to wake up from.Beautiful, Colourful, Inviting, and always brilliant.Guaranteed to satisfy and exhilirate even the most intricate of imaginations.Eternally exciting, fun and enjoyable. THE BEST PLATFORM GAME OF ALL TIME. Expand
  20. ENOUGH!!
    Jan 11, 2009
    This was the first real game I had ever played in the fifth generation, so of course I liked it. I then played it again, twelve years later. What happened? Genius. Despite the passing of time, Super Mario 64 proves to us the reason why the Platformer was so popular in the 5th and 6th generations. Sadly, many of those games were cheap knockoffs that are NOTHING compared to the original This was the first real game I had ever played in the fifth generation, so of course I liked it. I then played it again, twelve years later. What happened? Genius. Despite the passing of time, Super Mario 64 proves to us the reason why the Platformer was so popular in the 5th and 6th generations. Sadly, many of those games were cheap knockoffs that are NOTHING compared to the original (Ratchet and Clarnk, The original Crash, and the original Spyro, obviously do not count; they are awesome.) Expand
  21. MikkelJ
    Mar 25, 2009
    this is the best game i ever have playede but my Nintendo 64 is broken and i can't buy a new one. i hope the game comes to a newer console (sorry for my bad english)
  22. joes
    Sep 26, 2009
    definitely THE best Mario game, followed closely by galaxy.
  23. Hellboy
    Dec 6, 2004
    One Of The Best Games Ever.
  24. AlexL.
    May 27, 2004
    It is the most revolutionary game,Miyomota did great and it's an instant classic. Gameplay is great and i love sunshine but this is still a lot better.This is my favorite game ever!!!!!
  25. JustinH.
    Oct 16, 2005
    No other game has yet to fill me with the same sense of wonder as Super Mario 64. Nothing comes close to the first time you pushed the analogue controller and saw Mario react as if he was an extension of your body. It was then I knew I had to have a N64, and while it's a little sad that the heights were never reached again. Fantastic level design and a truly revolutionary control No other game has yet to fill me with the same sense of wonder as Super Mario 64. Nothing comes close to the first time you pushed the analogue controller and saw Mario react as if he was an extension of your body. It was then I knew I had to have a N64, and while it's a little sad that the heights were never reached again. Fantastic level design and a truly revolutionary control system ensure a special place for Mario's 3D adventure. Expand
  26. ZackC.
    Mar 29, 2007
    Even after all these years and even though it is on the N64 console, it could still be the greatest game of all time.
  27. JordanC
    Dec 24, 2009
    Epic game. As if that didn't say enough, god I wish i still had an n64.
  28. WhyNot?
    Feb 27, 2009
    Look. SM64 is NOT the best video game ever. That said, it's no lower than third on my list. The graphics are amazing for a game made over a decade ago (is it really from 1996?!), and the controls are excellent. The level design is nothing short of a masterpiece. My only gripe is that the camera angles could be a tiny bit better. Still, after 12 years, Super Mario 64 still looks amazing.
  29. Hylian
    Nov 23, 2005
    When i first got this game to my home, i had preordered N64 from US, loved my snes of course. At that time , there was only few 3d accelerated games around with bilinear on pc (quake and vf1). So you can pretty much quess how amazed i was when i plugged the new Mario 64 in. Everything was so beutiful, it was the most amazing game, and remember i started in the atari/vectex age. Still to When i first got this game to my home, i had preordered N64 from US, loved my snes of course. At that time , there was only few 3d accelerated games around with bilinear on pc (quake and vf1). So you can pretty much quess how amazed i was when i plugged the new Mario 64 in. Everything was so beutiful, it was the most amazing game, and remember i started in the atari/vectex age. Still to date i have been amazed by innovative games, and this is certainly one of the most amazing platforming experiences that you can have i just cheked it from speed demo archives and yes, it still takes its pace at the tops of platforming. Expand
  30. Oct 17, 2012
    Forget the game being called "one of the best games ever made"; this is probably THE best game ever made. Super Mario 64 has aged so well it's almost surreal. Well Nintendo knows how to deliver the goods for their devoted fans.

I've kept playing this game ever since I was about five or something. It is still so much fun to play and enjoy. This is what video games should be, although I do forgive some FPSs/other shooters if they have strong stories and entertainment value.

In terms of pure fun and joy, Super Mario 64 is the best game ever made. Well done Nintendo for making the perfect game, and for letting Mario have Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 as the equally perfect sequels to this groundbreaking game.
  31. Dec 31, 2010
    I think this game is the single best game I have for my N64. The graphics are actually pretty impressive for '96 and the gameplay is amazing. The different hats used in the game instead of flowers and mushrooms are really neat. Great game altogether.
  32. Dec 1, 2010
    This is probably my favorite game followed closley by super Mario galaxy 2. It is mostly because I grew up with it but after I I beet it, all 120 stars, by myself, it's really still fun. It's also fun to replay through over and over again.
  33. Jan 11, 2011
    Be warned! getting this game will most likely make you dislike all the other mario games! This is by far the greatest mario game I have ever played. While the story is nothing new(go save peach from bowser ..), its more the gameplay and graphics(of the time 1996) that amazed me and many others. Its an amazing game and one of nintendo`s finest. You cant call yourself a mario fan unless youBe warned! getting this game will most likely make you dislike all the other mario games! This is by far the greatest mario game I have ever played. While the story is nothing new(go save peach from bowser ..), its more the gameplay and graphics(of the time 1996) that amazed me and many others. Its an amazing game and one of nintendo`s finest. You cant call yourself a mario fan unless you have played this amzing gem. Expand
  34. Apr 22, 2011
    Alongside Ocarina Of Time, Super Mario 64 still stands tall as one of the best video games to date. Pros: Innovating gameplay, characters, and level designs; rich, colorful visuals; smooth controls and camera angles; overall, it's the best Mario game ever! Cons: Aside from some minimal flaws, you just have to be a Mario-hater to dislike any aspect of this game.
  35. Nov 14, 2011
    Pretty Retro. I love this game so much. Super Mario 64 has lots of mixed levels like ice, and inside castles and such. A great game to give to your kids. Mario is beast.
  36. May 26, 2011
    My favorite game of all time, Mario is at his prime here. Not only did this introduced Mario to polygons, but it kicked off a 3D revolution. The unique punch-and-kick gameplay was like nothing anybody had ever seen. The music is great, the story is great, the quantity of levels and challenge is great. Imma let you finish, Ocarina of Time, but Super Mario 64 is the best game of all time, OFMy favorite game of all time, Mario is at his prime here. Not only did this introduced Mario to polygons, but it kicked off a 3D revolution. The unique punch-and-kick gameplay was like nothing anybody had ever seen. The music is great, the story is great, the quantity of levels and challenge is great. Imma let you finish, Ocarina of Time, but Super Mario 64 is the best game of all time, OF ALL TIME! Expand
  37. Jun 7, 2011
    This was the first Game ive EVER IN MY LIFE PLAYED!(im 12)I still have the cartridge that i played when i was 5 years old..Now I have DS..AND the original so yeah.. This game is SUPER IMPORTANT to me and I still love it to this day!
  38. Jun 12, 2011
    i love this game. and what pisses me off is when people say that it is to hard. yes, it is very hard. but if you really want to say that then the only game that i can see you playing is that **** stain of **** known as.... (pause for ****ty anticipation)... CALL OF DUTY. i wont review it again, because i already reviewed it. and i will now review this game.
    This game revolves around
    This game revolves around princess Peach (slut) inviting Mario over for "cake" (which me, and some friends translated into sex.) but Bowser is up to his old tricks again, and kidnaps princess peach. blah blah blah... no story... and then after what has been literally years, you have enough stars to kill bowser. only to have him return again and again. the game had amazing controls, and has some really good colors going on that are apealing to the eye. this game is awesome.
  39. Jun 18, 2011
    Almost 15 years since it's release and I can still pick it up, play it and have just as much fun as I used to when I was younger. To this day I still recommend buying it and playing it on the Wii.
  40. Jul 21, 2011
    definatly one of my favorite games of all time . im only 12 but i have an n64 and i love all classic like this one at the time this was never done and not only accomplished 3d capabilities but also used them perfictly a great game storyline was ok but itsm not bad it just follows the tradition of the 8 bit classics to still renmind us no matter how far ahead w are in video game techn ologydefinatly one of my favorite games of all time . im only 12 but i have an n64 and i love all classic like this one at the time this was never done and not only accomplished 3d capabilities but also used them perfictly a great game storyline was ok but itsm not bad it just follows the tradition of the 8 bit classics to still renmind us no matter how far ahead w are in video game techn ology it all started with simpe games just like modern games they all start simply with an idea and cool efatures Expand
  41. Jun 4, 2013
    Now Mario is different, obviously the plot is mostly the same as the last games, but what makes this game so special? THE NEW 3D, so fun, so weird, and you can't stop playing it, well just take a breathe, the platforms are different in each 'picture', not the same, and has many puzzles that, sometimes are very stressing or tire, but are ingenious.
  42. Oct 23, 2011
    seriously sparriskwathever you are a total moron your review is senseless
    this game is the **** totally revolutionary ridiculosly fun... tightest controls ever... very solid smooth graphics for 1996 camera fails sometimes too easy at times
    apart from that perfect game
  43. Oct 27, 2011
    This game was way to much good stuff to talk about so I can only say that without this game there would be no such thing as "good gaming" there is something wrong with the people who didn't like this game.
  44. Mar 12, 2012
  45. Feb 12, 2012
    A landmark in video game history. This was the very first game i owned as a child when i got my n64 and holy crap i still have urges to go back and play through it. One of the best games on any platform ever hands down.
  46. Dec 9, 2012
    Mario had a lot of good games back in the late '80s and early '90s, the most notable ones being Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, and Yoshi's Island (yes, I consider it a Mario game). This game dropped on the N64 and made me momentarily forget about all I had done in the earlier games, mainly because I was burying my face into the TV screen, lost in a new 3D Mushroom Kingdom. ItMario had a lot of good games back in the late '80s and early '90s, the most notable ones being Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, and Yoshi's Island (yes, I consider it a Mario game). This game dropped on the N64 and made me momentarily forget about all I had done in the earlier games, mainly because I was burying my face into the TV screen, lost in a new 3D Mushroom Kingdom. It seemed so lifelike back then, and it's still really fun today. This is definitely one of the few N64 games that has stood the test of time. Expand
  47. Nov 18, 2014
    This is the greatest game of all time. Two decades later, it is still being played by speedrunners daily. It's an example of a perfect game, utilizing the best graphics available at the time coupled with amazing physics. It defined the genre of 3D platforming in an open world setting with secrets to uncover and objectives to be completed. The praises of this game cannot be understated.This is the greatest game of all time. Two decades later, it is still being played by speedrunners daily. It's an example of a perfect game, utilizing the best graphics available at the time coupled with amazing physics. It defined the genre of 3D platforming in an open world setting with secrets to uncover and objectives to be completed. The praises of this game cannot be understated. Odds are, if a platforming game has a certain element in it, it came from SM64. Expand
  48. Jun 29, 2012
    Aw. This game is my childhood memories in a cartridge. Those who have played it can speak for themselves. Those who haven't are probably spoiled by Mario Galaxy and New Super Mario Bros. (good games). Mario 64 is a classic. It's a bit out dated and clunky compared to newer installments, but it still holds its own. Its everything you love about 2D Mario, but all done in 3D this time. And done well.
  49. May 27, 2012
    Another true classic. This game was revolutionary and is a masterpiece. This game will never get old. The music is charming and the game is just a blast to play!
  50. Jan 18, 2013
    best console all time N64, one of the best games all time! SM64 is brillant in so many ways. Levels, story, gameplay, fun factor, controls, sounds. This is how a real Mario game is suppose to be.
  51. Aug 16, 2012
    No game collection is complete without Super Mario 64, one of the defining games of the entire genre and a benchmark for all future game. Super Mario 64 was done right, especially considering the fact that the N64 had very limited memory, this game was pretty big and impressive.
  52. Feb 20, 2013
    Once again, Mario revolutionizes the video game industry, creating some of the best 3d graphics ever seen, and revolutionizing the market with one of, if not the, first free control camera. doesnt seem like a big deal now, 3d games are almost unplayable without a free camera, but back then, this was a huge deal. With 120 power stars to collect, great challege, awesome and varied levelOnce again, Mario revolutionizes the video game industry, creating some of the best 3d graphics ever seen, and revolutionizing the market with one of, if not the, first free control camera. doesnt seem like a big deal now, 3d games are almost unplayable without a free camera, but back then, this was a huge deal. With 120 power stars to collect, great challege, awesome and varied level design, great music, revolutionary game mechanics and controls, fun gameplay, and a huge adventure to go through, this is one of the greatest games of all time. back in the day, this game is an easy 10 out of 10, though i must say now that it hasnt aged all that well. i would still call it an 8 or 9 out of 10, but thinking back to the day this game was released, over 16 years ago, it still holds up. an incredibly fun adventure, and one of the best 3d platformers ever made. though games like banjo kazooie/tooie, and donkey kong 64 would eventually master this formula, Super mario 64 still holds up, and is one of the greatest games ever created. borderline perfect. Expand
  53. Sep 5, 2012
    I will always remember where I was when I first saw Mario 64 a few days after it came out. It was one of the most amazing sites I'd ever seen. I had to wait months to get it myself for Christmas, but it was well worth the wait! Mario 64 was the most innovative video game at its' birth, bringing gamers into a magical 3D world. The graphics at the time were the best we'd ever seen and evenI will always remember where I was when I first saw Mario 64 a few days after it came out. It was one of the most amazing sites I'd ever seen. I had to wait months to get it myself for Christmas, but it was well worth the wait! Mario 64 was the most innovative video game at its' birth, bringing gamers into a magical 3D world. The graphics at the time were the best we'd ever seen and even makes for a fun adventure to this day. Every aspect of this game is perfect for what it is, a Mario game. No matter which painting you take the leep into, the world is amazing, filled with awesome puzzles, and challenges you to the core. Collecting all 120 stars was a REAL feat and rewarding as well. This game brings back memories of a time when life was so much simpler. Expand
  54. Feb 8, 2013
    Mario 64 is on of the greatest games ever made, if not the best 3D platformer ever made. This game is absolutely flawless, with its amazing level designs or its fantastic enemies, (Who can ever forget that piano.) This game is a must buy for any gamer seeking a challenge or just a fantastic experience.

10/10 Flawless Victory.
  55. Jun 27, 2013
    Super Mario 64 might just be the best 3D platformer around. Every level is interesting, full of secrets and stars to collect. The controls are near perfect. The music is amazing.

Yet the most stunning things about this game is that it's for the N64. Had a game like this been released today with better graphics, it would be considered amazing. And yet this game was released over 10 years ago. This speaks volumes as to why this game is a masterpiece. If you haven't experienced Super Mario 64, you haven't experienced what gaming is all about.
  56. Mar 3, 2013
    I thought I might be biased by nostalgia, but I went back to play this game (for the probably the 10th time) and still loved it. It really makes one feel how gimmicky the motion controls are in this serie. Im not a hater against MC, it fits perfect in games like Pikmin.

The levels are great with much space to move, unlike the galaxy series. This is the ultimate 3d Mario in my eyes.
  57. Mar 3, 2013
    The perfect Mario. The controls, the environments, the "open world levels", the castle with its secrets... I could go on!

Id buy an HD remake in an instance!
  58. Jan 5, 2014
    Probably the best video game ever made, with unforgettable levels and musics. If you talk about 3D video games, this one is a must-have. It redefined the platform standards and perfectly launched the N64 back in 1996. If you don't have it, or if you never played it (I hope you did), then buy it, or emulate it if you want, but do something quick, this really is a fantastic masterpiece.
  59. Apr 10, 2013
    el juego que invento y perfecciono a la vez el genero de plataformas en 3d, una verdadera obra maestra de diseño, concepto y ejecucion. El mejor juego de lanzamiento de las consolas de nintendo y un clasico de todos los tiempos. Necesito decir algo mas?
  60. Apr 24, 2013
    this game came from a time when games where challenging, and you had to figure stuff out by yourself. It is one of the best games for the N64, but the camera can get annoying
  61. May 18, 2013
    This game made my childhood, this game is the reason why I am still playing games, I am saying this is because of the fact that this is one of the reasons why there are Mario games still being created, probably for the main reason being that they nailed the 3D platform for it's time, and is a true inspiration to many people around the world.
  62. Dec 15, 2014
    Fue el primer juego de Mario que realmente jugué (sin contar juegos en emuladores) y lo amo, cada nivel es único, los retos son demasiados y la historia te obliga a terminarlo quieras o no... Así debería ser un juego, y para lo que fue en su época, es posiblemente el mejor de su era pues hoy es un estándar irrevocable y sin duda es el mas memorable que ofrece la industria.
  63. Jul 13, 2013
    This is still one of my favorite Mario Games. I think it has aged very well and it is still fun to play even after finding all 120 stars. The graphics still hold up well and there is so much to do in the game that it is still fun to play even after all the stars are found. For good reason Mario64 will be forever considered a classic platform game.
  64. Nov 27, 2013
    This is the first game i ever played. And the best. The visuals are awesome, The control is precise and the gameplay is just fun. There is a lot of worlds and they all feel unique. Best game ever.
  65. Sep 16, 2013
    This is hands down one of the best games in history. Graphics and gameplay are classic the story is great all of it just incredible! If you have a N64 and dont own mario 64 you are missing out. I wish luigi was in there.
  66. Aug 6, 2013
    Easily one of the best games ever made. The level design is ingenious, the stars are fun to collect, and it has that classical Nintendo charm. I recommend this as a must have for any Nintendo or classic game fan. You will not be disappointed.
  67. Aug 24, 2013
    Mario has to save the princess yet again, but with a twist. In this ever expanding franchise during its prime, this has to be the most perfect Mario game and the best early built 3D platformer of its time. This game has colorful graphics, fun and catchy tunes, and a lovable icon throughout many video game fans.

This game tosses you in and offers you endless exploration and secrets. The

This game tosses you in and offers you endless exploration and secrets. The game offers you both simplicity and challenge, and it feels rewarding for your efforts.

68. Dec 7, 2013
    I was never an "N64 kid," so I wasn't lucky enough to experience the plumber's first 3D adventure when it was unleashed upon the world in 1996. Because my vision isn't blurred by the lovely intoxicant that is nostalgia, I can see the game it for what it truly is, after all those years. And what it is, is hands down, one of the greatest video games of all time. While the graphics haveI was never an "N64 kid," so I wasn't lucky enough to experience the plumber's first 3D adventure when it was unleashed upon the world in 1996. Because my vision isn't blurred by the lovely intoxicant that is nostalgia, I can see the game it for what it truly is, after all those years. And what it is, is hands down, one of the greatest video games of all time. While the graphics have clearly aged poorly, the controls, gameplay, and music of Super Mario 64 are still worthy of the term greatness. However, the number one aspect of this game, above any other, is simply the fun you will have playing through it. And then playing through it again to get all 120 Stars. And another time just for fun. A must play, for all who game. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go play some Super Mario 64. Expand
  69. Jan 9, 2014
    The best 3D Platformer and overall just best platformers ever made. Super Mario 64 is a landmark is gaming and rightfully so. The gameplay is amazing, the soundtrack is one of the best in a video game, the level design is amazing, the atmosphere in the levels fit the levels perfectly, the bosses are memorable and is pretty challenging (especially those hidden stars). This is my 2ndThe best 3D Platformer and overall just best platformers ever made. Super Mario 64 is a landmark is gaming and rightfully so. The gameplay is amazing, the soundtrack is one of the best in a video game, the level design is amazing, the atmosphere in the levels fit the levels perfectly, the bosses are memorable and is pretty challenging (especially those hidden stars). This is my 2nd favorite game of all time behind Twilight Princess and is just one of the best games ever made and is in my opinion the best game that came out in the 90's. Super Mario 64 is a piece of history. Expand
  70. Mar 9, 2014
    I love this game, solid controls, camera, and it looks great. While it is not as good as Banjo Kazooie, the creativity and effort is there, and I would recommend it to anyone looking to play a platformer. You could say the game is just an inspiration to others and that's why it's praised, but it's that way for a reason, picking what stars to get when, and creative design show this. It'sI love this game, solid controls, camera, and it looks great. While it is not as good as Banjo Kazooie, the creativity and effort is there, and I would recommend it to anyone looking to play a platformer. You could say the game is just an inspiration to others and that's why it's praised, but it's that way for a reason, picking what stars to get when, and creative design show this. It's only short coming is that some stars are a bit tedious to get. Expand
  71. Jun 3, 2014
    Mario 64 is in my Eyes the best Platformer ever. It has a whole lot of easter-eggs and such. the controls feels responsive the gameplay fells good, the sountrack is godly. overall it has a couple of bugs but those bugs are only found because the game has been out for such a long time. this is normal with any game. it's not like you meet a bug on your first playtrough. that is highlyMario 64 is in my Eyes the best Platformer ever. It has a whole lot of easter-eggs and such. the controls feels responsive the gameplay fells good, the sountrack is godly. overall it has a couple of bugs but those bugs are only found because the game has been out for such a long time. this is normal with any game. it's not like you meet a bug on your first playtrough. that is highly unlikely. a masterpiece Expand
  72. Mar 24, 2014
    Revolutionary. A classic. Look past the graphics. Sweet baby Jesus 64. Again, one of the most revolutionary video games of the forever. Thank you Nintendo, please have my baby Luigi.
  73. Apr 11, 2014
    This is one of the few games that have set the standard for all games ever very possibly the best game ever in every aspect espiccally for the N64 its amazing how well this game was devoloped
  74. Nov 16, 2014
    Honestly, this single game basically sums up my childhood. Want a real reiew? Go play it yourself. Go ahead. I even cried when the credits started to roll. It took me a lot of years to complete, but hey, atleast it's better than nothing. Thank you, Nintendo and thank you Mario.
  75. Jun 2, 2014
    This game is very good I have it on my wii and it is pure awesomeness good graphics and technology thank you Nintendo for this great game thank you I give this a ten
  76. Jun 9, 2014
    Dayum this is a good game best mario game ever in my opnion, so many feels from this game memories with family playing it and friends as well especially all the memories from that on lvl were u must throw bowser onto the bombs :'( good ol days! Really fun game I recomend it to everyone even if it is 1996.
  77. Jun 30, 2014
    This game and everything about it brings back such happy memories for me. I remember being mesmerized by it as a kid. As always with Mario titles the level design was great and very varied, there was lots of cool things like the sliding missions to break up the usual platforming gameplay but above-all the music was probably the best of any Mario title I've ever played. Visually the gameThis game and everything about it brings back such happy memories for me. I remember being mesmerized by it as a kid. As always with Mario titles the level design was great and very varied, there was lots of cool things like the sliding missions to break up the usual platforming gameplay but above-all the music was probably the best of any Mario title I've ever played. Visually the game was bursting with colour and I remember it being very challenging. I can't wait to replay this one day. A definite classic. Expand
  78. Sep 25, 2014
    Aaaaaahhh... This game was my childhood right here. The gameplay is so much fun and this is definitely one of the better Mario games out there and in my top 5 favorite games ever made. It is a CLASSIC.
  79. Nov 5, 2014
    Definitely a classic for the N64. This one of the best games growing up and at the time had superior graphics. They just had so much to do and it was like never ending, you competed against friends to see who had the most stars. It's just a great overall game and if you haven't played it yet then I'm sorry.
  80. Dec 6, 2014
    Best 3D Mario game Ever! There are so much fun courses to complete and collecting stars on many fun ways. It's easy to learn and has high replay value. This is a game for you if you like memorable levels and music. This game gets never old!
  81. Nov 11, 2014
    A great 3d platformer with a great mix of difficulty and fun times. Definitely a classic Mario game that everyone has to play during their lifetime. One of the best games of all time!
  82. Nov 16, 2014
    This was my first game ever and I am glad about that it is a game that showed others how video games are supposed to be and it blew others all away 10 out of 10
  83. Apr 16, 2015
    Bought this game on Wii U eShop Virtual Console and I do not regret my decision. This game is so fun. Everything is fantastic. I only have one complaint, and even this is probably the smallest complaint I've ever had on any game. I just don't the 'Game Over' music. But this is definitely one of the best games of all time. You can't miss out on this masterpiece. 10/10 definitely.
  84. Feb 14, 2015
    The late 90's was the period of time when the 3 major series, Mario, Sonic, and Legend of Zelda were in 2D long enough, and they needed to make the leap into 3D, and each series did it nearly flawlessly! I got this game with my N64 on Christmas, as I am a very AVID retro gamer for my age. I love this game so far! The graphics are great for its time, the controls are precise, and theThe late 90's was the period of time when the 3 major series, Mario, Sonic, and Legend of Zelda were in 2D long enough, and they needed to make the leap into 3D, and each series did it nearly flawlessly! I got this game with my N64 on Christmas, as I am a very AVID retro gamer for my age. I love this game so far! The graphics are great for its time, the controls are precise, and the camera, well... I'll let you see that for yourself. And, this serves as a GREAT launch title for such a great video game console! This game is a lot of fun and I HIGHLY recommend it! Expand
  85. Mar 24, 2015
    This is obviously the best 3D platformer of all time. If you rate this below a 7, your just not a real nerd/geek/gamer. This has amazing graphics, gameplay,swimming,levels,controls,camera and everything!
    THIS IS THE BEST MARIO GAME EVER!!!
  86. Jan 10, 2015
    Where do i start? Everything about this game is fantastic. One of the best 3d plat former's to date even after 19 years. With over 120 starts to collect you'll come back to this game to find them all in 15 courses of the most original designs ever in a game. Mario flying around in a 3d environment is truly spectacular. No one will forget this game.
  87. Jan 14, 2015
    This Game is definitely THE BEST GAME EVER MADE! If you never play this game, go play RIGHT NOW! The controls, the levels, the castle... everything it´s perfect in this game. This game is a Masterpiece!
  88. Jan 30, 2015
    This remarkable vidieo game is the most dear to me. It was huge childhood memory of happy fun early mornings of mario. The Music and maps are great. I will never forget these memories...
  89. Mar 13, 2015
    my god who will hate this game everyone has the n64 love this game good good good gameplay graphics history one of the best marios games I have ever seen
  90. May 31, 2015
    Un juego revolucionario, una obra maestra inolvidable
    Un juego revolucionario, una obra maestra inolvidable
    Una noche de navidad ansioso esperando que regalo me llegaría, llega un paquete grande con una de las mejores consolas de la historia y dentro esta maravilla de juego que aun conservo, fue uno de los momentos mas mágicos al poner el cartucho en la n64 y ver a mario en 3d fue alucinante.. uno de los juegos mas revolucionarios de la historia, el juego que puso las bases en 3D y con un control perfecto era mario 64 que se puede decir de este juego que no se aya dicho antes bueno aquí va mi análisis este juego radia magia por donde se le mire su gran banda sonora es hoy en día una de las mejores de la historia para un juego de la saga mario, el paso 2d a 3d a la perfección que muchos juegos no lograron y perdieron calidad , pues miyamoto lo pudo lograr y creo una obra maestra , con una jugabilidad espectacular, donde el control fue exclusivamente creado para este juego.. explorar un mundo 3d para mi era algo nuevo y buscar las 120 estrellas era un reto, l
  91. Shane95
    Jan 2, 2010
    I like this game a lot, the graphics are good, for N64, the gameplay is awesome, and the story, to the people who give 0s and 5s, The Story has been the same for 20 years, also the camera angle is good, N64 fans and Mario fans, and others should play this game, or you fail. By the way, anyone who gives this game 0s to 5s are not gamers, i'm sorry but thats what it makes you: Not Gamers
  92. CST
    Nov 22, 2009
    This Game is definitely a very revolutionary game because it is the first great 3-D plat former, that means it has some mistakes because it didn
  93. Smith
    Feb 23, 2003
    Great fun, and without it, there would be no Mario Sunshine. I wouldn't want to live in that world *shudder*
  94. PatrickP
    Oct 3, 2009
    Even after over a decade, Super Mario 64 still holds up with pure, sweet fun. The controls are tight, though flawed, and there isn't much here that Galaxy didn't build on or improve. However, it retains a classic feel while still being able to stand the test of time. It kick-started the 3-D world of video games, effortlessly transformed the prior Mario worlds into a new 3-D Even after over a decade, Super Mario 64 still holds up with pure, sweet fun. The controls are tight, though flawed, and there isn't much here that Galaxy didn't build on or improve. However, it retains a classic feel while still being able to stand the test of time. It kick-started the 3-D world of video games, effortlessly transformed the prior Mario worlds into a new 3-D environment, and most of all, it gave us a taste of things to come. Once a classic, always a classic. Expand
    Mar 31, 2002
    This game was revolutionary for its time. The first fully 3D environment on a console. The control is intuitive and the game offers a good challenge (especiall to master with 120 stars) all with an excellent learning curve. Nintendo at its best.
  96. MichaelC.
    Jan 11, 2003
    This game is excellent. The camera sucks, though.
  97. RobertC.
    Feb 22, 2004
    Imagine a world without this game...without this game, the N64 would surely have not been as succesful, the platform-genre would be five years backwards, graphics would take a major hit, and video games in general would have something lacking.
  98. Jan 7, 2011
    wirh out a doubt the best platformer ever made even using the god awful N64 controller. the game doesnt have alot of enimies but it has some of the best level desighns in any platform game . the graphics where amazing the bosses alot of fun. the game isnt very long to beat but if you want to get 120 stars it will take you some time . one of the very few platformer games i can still playwirh out a doubt the best platformer ever made even using the god awful N64 controller. the game doesnt have alot of enimies but it has some of the best level desighns in any platform game . the graphics where amazing the bosses alot of fun. the game isnt very long to beat but if you want to get 120 stars it will take you some time . one of the very few platformer games i can still play and beat many times. Expand
  99. Jan 19, 2011
    A brilliant game, you could own just this game it was enough to keep you entertained for months and months. That is what it did for me. For a long time it was the only N64 game I owned. I loved it.
  100. Dec 9, 2011
    Amazing game. Surpasses even the new 3D Mario games in my opinion. Super Mario 64's levels put you into a large, open area and you had to figure out what to do. The levels in the new Mario games just don't offer much deviation from what the developers intended. People are STILL figuring out how to do new things in Super Mario 64 today. The same won't be said about Galaxy and Galaxy 2 inAmazing game. Surpasses even the new 3D Mario games in my opinion. Super Mario 64's levels put you into a large, open area and you had to figure out what to do. The levels in the new Mario games just don't offer much deviation from what the developers intended. People are STILL figuring out how to do new things in Super Mario 64 today. The same won't be said about Galaxy and Galaxy 2 in 10 years. The one non-linear style 3D Mario game will probably always be the best to me, because I can't see them beating that with a linear style 3D Mario no matter how good it is. Expand
  101. Aug 6, 2012
    As one of the debut games of the N64, Mario 64 was a solid game with plenty to do. There are many many levels, each with their own theme and trove of secrets to explore. Naturally it's the same story as always, but if you're expecting story out of a Mario game, then you should probably wait for pigs to fly. The one thing I always hated about this game is that the camera angles are awfulAs one of the debut games of the N64, Mario 64 was a solid game with plenty to do. There are many many levels, each with their own theme and trove of secrets to explore. Naturally it's the same story as always, but if you're expecting story out of a Mario game, then you should probably wait for pigs to fly. The one thing I always hated about this game is that the camera angles are awful and often very annoying, but for the first 3D Mario, it did a lot right, and I'm willing to overlook this issue. Oh and it has some of the most memorable and enjoyable music from any legacy game, so do yourself a favor and give it a try, eh? Collapse

1. The distribution of power stars in the levels is horrendous. I think 7 stars in one level is more than enough, don't you think? I understand that there are memory constraints, but there either could have been less stars overall, or 1 (maybe 2) more level(s). Definately a problem.
  2. It has quickly grown to become the standard by which almost all other games are measured.
  3. This is definitely a game no game collection should be without...Seriously!