9.2

1. Sep 3, 2012
    I am surprisingly going to make this short and sweet just like my play time in this game, well except for the "sweet" part. I find myself saying "I don't know what it is about Zelda MM, but I just don't seem to like it." Then I remind myself why. The moon and the whole 3 day in-game cycle. I personally cannot stand this aspect of Majora's Mask and this really turned me off from the title.I am surprisingly going to make this short and sweet just like my play time in this game, well except for the "sweet" part. I find myself saying "I don't know what it is about Zelda MM, but I just don't seem to like it." Then I remind myself why. The moon and the whole 3 day in-game cycle. I personally cannot stand this aspect of Majora's Mask and this really turned me off from the title. I know I am going to get flammed, but I just don't like being timed, especially 24/7 in a Zelda game. I also did not like a majority of the masks or characters, they seemed kiddish to me. I am really sorry guys but this is just one die hard Zelda fan for whom this game just doesn't fly. I will admit I did not play through the whole game, I am sure there are some fun parts like there have been already playing half-way through, I just do not have the enthusiasm needed to complete it. Expand
  2. MP83
    Aug 10, 2005
    Rather good game, but worst Zelda game in my humble opinion. I just didn't like all this mask stuff.
  3. DaveD.
    Dec 25, 2002
    I really loved the game, but, i mean, its not really fun. Its just way too, well, complicated. I know you Zelda lovers may yell at me, but, i really couldn't beat it w/o the strategy guide. The end is the only real fun part...
  4. Princess_zeldamarchese
    Aug 18, 2006
    This game is super hard and confusing they give give you 3 days to do every thing lol if you now wat to do it might be fun duh I just got it yesterday. P.S., the moon is ugly its going to give me nightmares.
  5. Lev
    Aug 23, 2009
    At first I thought it would be better than OoT, the new, bit darker setting seemed more interesting than the 'save princess and world', and the use of masks to change form also seemed appealing. But this game feels like I'm doing stupid chores for random people, and there's almost absolutely nothing telling you where to go next. Also, after Hyrule field, Termina field At first I thought it would be better than OoT, the new, bit darker setting seemed more interesting than the 'save princess and world', and the use of masks to change form also seemed appealing. But this game feels like I'm doing stupid chores for random people, and there's almost absolutely nothing telling you where to go next. Also, after Hyrule field, Termina field was VERY boring. I didn't even bother to get to the first dungeon. I'm still giving it a relatively good score, because it does have good gameplay elements and ideas, but overall it feels very rushed. Expand
  6. MichelleP.
    Oct 11, 2002
    Fair. Not as brilliant as the first one. I was disappointed they didn't have some of the characters for the first one.
  7. MikeG
    Dec 29, 2009
    I didn't like it. Collecting fairies when you have only a short time to complete a temple is very annoying, and the game doesn't feel as open or as epic as OoT.
  8. Aug 23, 2012
    I personally did not enjoy this, but it has it's good points. The 3-day cycle was the only thing keeping me going. Masks and constantly taking out the ocarina was a pain in the ass. Did not enjoy the story, but still buy it, it's only my opinion after all.
  9. Sep 17, 2013
    It's Beautiful and Majestic graphics are just as good as Ocarina of Time, but it lacks the charm and warmth of the previous Zelda games and replaces it with a tragic and gloomy story.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask lacks heart and charm. Score: 2/5.
  10. Jun 18, 2011
    Majora's Mask is a good game, even a game I'm willing to play again. But it was lacking. As any other Legend of Zelda game it had great dungeons and all the other little things people have learned to love from the Zelda series, but it could never reach the infinite glory many other games of the time could. Even within the Zelda series it becomes forgettable. Now for the more positive:Majora's Mask is a good game, even a game I'm willing to play again. But it was lacking. As any other Legend of Zelda game it had great dungeons and all the other little things people have learned to love from the Zelda series, but it could never reach the infinite glory many other games of the time could. Even within the Zelda series it becomes forgettable. Now for the more positive: Termina is a great place and the game evolves in it's own unique way. Majora's Mask is still a good play and one I would recommend to almost anyone. Expand
  11. Jub
    Mar 2, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I did not enjoy this game anywhere near as much as I expected to. Pretty much everything about it is worse than The Ocarina of Time. Don't get me wrong though, it's not a bad game and I am comparing it to the greatest game ever made. I just really don't understand how anyone can say this game is the better of the two.

I'll admit that there are a slack handful of improvements, but only to basic mechanics such as changing your items mid conversation. However, the story, characters, music i.e. everything important is worse, and I don't mean slightly, I mean they really did slap this game together.

*SPOILER [start]*
    If you could disable the time limit in the game altogether, you could probably complete the game at a leisurely pace in 10-15 hours. I recently watched my friend play The Ocarina of Time for the first time and it took him 120 hours. Yes I know that this is the whole point to Majora's Mask but repetitive gameplay is about as boring [for me] as it gets.
    *SPOILER [end]*

Whilst most of the time I do appreciate Nintendo and their innovative visions, this time I did not.
  12. Feb 22, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Other than wanting attention....I give it a 5 because you can't relax.....its great that there is truly a lot to it......but the masks don't really seem to be as unique or powerful as i had hoped for after an awesome town and music..........Great story and i love how its the same Skull kid from the first or something.....awesome how the skull kid has some prior relationship with the giants.......If i gave it any higher of a score it would only be because im yet to see anything top these two games as far as magical feelings are concerned.....although the giants in real life will always lead you to fight the evil moon.............Giants can see the future sometimes is what im saying....even though they eat so fast.. Expand
  13. Apr 5, 2011
    Often when people play Majora's Mask they can't help but compare it to the nostalgic, Enticing and memorable Ocarina of time it was inevitable to happen just as the past games that tried to up one on the game before them. The hype was high expectations when released as people had high hopes for this game being based off the well know Ocarina of time. The main result for this I believe isOften when people play Majora's Mask they can't help but compare it to the nostalgic, Enticing and memorable Ocarina of time it was inevitable to happen just as the past games that tried to up one on the game before them. The hype was high expectations when released as people had high hopes for this game being based off the well know Ocarina of time. The main result for this I believe is the fact that the game play is so different compared to previous Zelda games. It was new and scary because people didn't understand just how it worked and I admit some puzzles can be rather difficult but not impossible. The game presents a more dark story line compared to the typical Save the princess and the world I find it was rather refreshing not to mention the mask concept changing things up giving you various abilities. However I believe when I say this genuinely with passion for the Zelda series that some games had it's ups and downs some where appealing than others but I think people where to quick to judge this game. Those whom have only played Ocarina of time and tried Majora's mask have yet to try the many other classic games in the series. I admit some Zelda games I wouldn't think of playing a second time such as the Zelda game that allowed you to play as Princess Zelda... but even so it doesn't make it horrid just because it wasn't as smooth as the other games before and after it's time. Although if the story line did not appeal to ones interest I understand we all have various tastes but if one where to merely judge upon its game play after only trying the game for maybe an hour more or less then perhaps they shouldn't be ones to judge if they've never beaten the game to begin with. Also if people judging the graphics.. and random aspects of the game.. For it's time the graphics where good this is an old game you can't compare games like this to games more up to date like the new FPS or Final Fantasy game or whatever you wish to compare it to. As for the random aspects that make people feel un easy a lot of games have these sort of qualities such as psychonauts this game was under appreciated but the story line and game play was wonderful but because it was so different and random compared to most games people where turned off from it. I think if people just gave Majora Mask a chance and played through the game fully then maybe just maybe they'd like it. Collapse

1. Where Majora rises to the top is its concept – three days to save the world. The execution of the idea is flawless: time means everything and the player always has to be aware. The save system is absolutely perfect, letting players feel comfortable in controlling time but still keeping them on the edge of their seats when things get hairy.
  2. Stunning, optimized graphics; immersive, rich sound; refined, complex, and deep gameplay; and a mature, gripping plot make it a game that you won't want to miss.
  3. Da Graphics: To say nothing short of astonishing is an understatement.