9.2

1. luisg
    Jun 5, 2009
    This game made me a fan of miyamoto and nintendo for life. I enjoyed so much this game that i play it like once every year, since then i had (and still have) every game of zelda that has came out and i will continue to do it until the end of the serie or until i die.im working on my skills in 3d and animation to some day hopefully work in nintendo and be a part of a future zelda release. This game made me a fan of miyamoto and nintendo for life. I enjoyed so much this game that i play it like once every year, since then i had (and still have) every game of zelda that has came out and i will continue to do it until the end of the serie or until i die.im working on my skills in 3d and animation to some day hopefully work in nintendo and be a part of a future zelda release. PD: maybe is just me, but i would love to see ( and play) a game from the ganondorf perspective, the story of his past. Expand
  2. Elmo3000
    Aug 16, 2009
    I really think this game deserves a 10. To be honest, it's not completely perfect, but it's as perfect as a game can be. It's not like there's ever going to be a game loved by everyone, so this is basically your best bet. The gameplay is timeless, the controls are perfect, and the dungeons are challenging, but not too hard. I know that some people find Navi annoying, I really think this game deserves a 10. To be honest, it's not completely perfect, but it's as perfect as a game can be. It's not like there's ever going to be a game loved by everyone, so this is basically your best bet. The gameplay is timeless, the controls are perfect, and the dungeons are challenging, but not too hard. I know that some people find Navi annoying, but I never did. She doesn't talk too much as long as you don't ignore her. Anyway, the length of the game, the storyline, the cutscenes, and the interesting characters all join together to make this one of my favourite games. Expand
  3. xanZionG
    Sep 22, 2009
    This was the first game I have ever bought back in the N64 hayday.. After playing it and beating it several times, I still come back for more.. Anyone giving this fantastic game a score lower than 10 was too young when it released.
  4. StevenS
    Jan 16, 2010
    As a gamer who celebrates this game's birthday with friends, I have to say I will forever love this game. I have gone through the game over 50 times and collected every item at least 15 times. It will forever have a spot in my heart.
  5. JesseR
    Jan 18, 2010
    I don
  6. TarikT.
    Jan 24, 2002
    The losers that thought Majora's Mask was better are crazy as hell, no offense, I mean my five year old brother could write a story better than Majoras Mask's story, and the funny thing is he doesn't know how to write, the only improvement to Majora's Mask is the way you jump. This one is an old classic, with great gameplay and story I have beat it eight times and i The losers that thought Majora's Mask was better are crazy as hell, no offense, I mean my five year old brother could write a story better than Majoras Mask's story, and the funny thing is he doesn't know how to write, the only improvement to Majora's Mask is the way you jump. This one is an old classic, with great gameplay and story I have beat it eight times and i still love it. This game will definitely be passed on to my children's children for many generations, I treat it like an old egyptian artifact. Expand
  7. Yee
    Dec 9, 2002
    Wow, absolutely desevering of the 99 rating. wonderful game.
  8. ThomasW.
    Jan 3, 2002
    Great game, but I actually prefered "Majoras Mask."
  9. ChrisL.
    Jul 12, 2002
    Obviously one of the best games ever made!
  10. RAN234
    Dec 21, 2003
    Good Game.
  11. Sariachan
    Dec 7, 2003
    Ocarina of Time is near to the perfection on its own, but both Majora's Mask and The Wind Waker introduced greater innovations into the The Legend of Zelda saga, according to me.
  12. MuzamilS.
    Feb 19, 2003
    This game and Shenmue have to be the greatest adventure/RPG games ever. The feeling of atmosphere you get is unrivalled and the exremely well thought out dungeons are utterly engrossing. It's another all out hit from Nintendo and I'd call it a masterpiece.
  13. HaleyK.
    Feb 23, 2003
    I absolutely love this game. I was so disappointed when I beat it, because I wasn't ready for it to end! The atmosphere really takes effect on you to. For example, when you're at Hyrule Field, you feel warm from the sun's rays. When inside an empty room in a dugeon, you can almost hear you're heart pounding as you wander inside, not knowing whether a monster will pop I absolutely love this game. I was so disappointed when I beat it, because I wasn't ready for it to end! The atmosphere really takes effect on you to. For example, when you're at Hyrule Field, you feel warm from the sun's rays. When inside an empty room in a dugeon, you can almost hear you're heart pounding as you wander inside, not knowing whether a monster will pop up and attack you or not. Excellent characters and storyline. A true masterpiece of a game. Expand
  14. SteveG.
    Feb 27, 2003
    Awesome.
  15. DanH.
    Apr 13, 2003
    Quite possibly the best videogame ever. It takes a while for it to get old.
  16. DrewC.
    May 17, 2003
    Bob, you're an a..hole. This game is probably the greatest game ever created on any console, inculding PS2 and Xbox.
  17. KevinF.
    May 29, 2003
    Best game ever.
  18. EunoL.
    May 31, 2003
    Anyone who gave this lower than a 10, my address is 4457 Candleberry, Seal Beach California. Come to my house so i can smash my foot into your head and get it back into order. Thanks. Simply the best game ever made. What else is there to say? It puts FFVII to shame.
  19. MikeB.
    Jun 25, 2003
    This is the greatest game of all time! I have played many games but none even come close to it's greatness. I bow before Nintendo for making such a masterpiece. I have gone all the way through the game 5 times, and it never gets boring while playing the same ol' deungons over and over again. It Is AWESOME!!!!!!
  20. DuncanS.
    Jul 25, 2003
    This game is flawless. it is the best game of all of the zelda series. Wind waker is nothing compared to this (saddly the graphics in this are superior to the game cube's wind waker)
  21. YanniT.
    Jan 11, 2004
    Find me a better adventure game than Zelda and ill show you a guy with cream of wheat for brains!
  22. Fabio
    Nov 29, 2004
    THE BEST VIDEOGAME OF ALL TIMES!
  23. AB
    Oct 28, 2004
    This is the best game EVER. It may be old, but it is still great. Cool dungeons, items, and weapons: what more can you ask for? James F.-you should actually try playing this game, you would like it a lot.
  24. GuyJT.
    Jan 31, 2004
    Best Game ever. Every next-gen game stays far away from this game. Ultimate experience. A 10 is still low. Cause than the other "super" games now on Gamecube, Xbox, Pc and Ps2 should be around the 8, but they still get 9+.... :(
  25. AlexS.
    Feb 11, 2004
    Greatest game ever made.
  26. ShaeJ.
    Feb 4, 2004
    This is one of the most remarkable RPGs of all all time. I now have an xbox because gamecube destroyed the new zelda game. OoT left me with many good memories. I am going to buy an N64 so i can play this wonder full game again. It gets an eleven.
  27. JacobK.
    Feb 6, 2004
    This game is good fo Master Quest but you know what they say, the original is always the best. This game rules!
  28. $ERIC$
    Mar 19, 2004
    It doesnt get any better then this ladies and gentlemen! If you don't have this game yet, shame on you! The GREATEST game of all time! Nintendo, your Zelda series couldn't be better! No wait, throw out Windwaker and you've got the best series of all time!
  29. TightMan
    Jul 10, 2004
    The best game ever made.
  30. SeanB.
    Jul 15, 2004
    Literally might play it forever- just don't turn into a freak that dresses up as the characters and remodels their house to look like Hyrule. Be careful, you might have the urge to after playing it.
  31. AustinS.
    Aug 24, 2004
    Keeps you interested even when you get stuck. Huge worlds, great storyline,10/10.
  32. SeanE.
    Oct 10, 2005
    The Legend of Zelda series is the best series ever.
  33. KyleN.
    Nov 3, 2005
    Blows everything right out of the water. I actually miss this game when I'm not playing it.......I wish some games would be as revolutionary as this one. The use of the Elements as temples adds to the great wonder of this game.
  34. Quinn
    Nov 30, 2005
    Years after playing this game through and through, I am drawn back to explore again the alternate life I left behind. The sense of nostalgia and yet rediscovery is inexplainable, Shigeru Miyamoto and his cohorts at Nintendo are the most innovative game designers we may ever see. Beautiful game. I have spent so many years trying to convert my final fantasy worshipping friends into Zelda Years after playing this game through and through, I am drawn back to explore again the alternate life I left behind. The sense of nostalgia and yet rediscovery is inexplainable, Shigeru Miyamoto and his cohorts at Nintendo are the most innovative game designers we may ever see. Beautiful game. I have spent so many years trying to convert my final fantasy worshipping friends into Zelda and Nintendo advocates but alas, alot of people will never understand the brilliance of Zelda. Expand
  35. RebeccaO.
    Jan 15, 2005
    Best fricken game ever! Water Temple may be an a**hole but that's about it. People who say this game sux has major cool issues. It may have really bad graphics but people have to over look that because the game is so f***en awesome!!!!
  36. EdwardH.
    Oct 15, 2005
    The Best Game Ever Made and will remain to be for Thousands of years to come 10/10!
  37. MabaU.
    Mar 1, 2005
    I love this game! , the best console game of all time , a mix of physical, mental & auditive inteligence must be attained to enjoy this fantastic game.
  38. BrianD.
    Apr 3, 2005
    What are these cry baby playstation idiots even voting for because of course they will give it a 0. Anyone who even bought a playstation is an idiot. This is the best game ever made. It has raised the bar for every video game ever made after it.
  39. Stev-0
    Jun 12, 2005
    Proa gd game i played it on the collectors addition on game cube and i thought it was great. in some areas of the games it pretty tricky but in some very easy but all round a gd game better than the majoras mask and the wind waker. this game rules all!!!!
  40. WIlliamD
    Jun 17, 2005
    No other game has ever immersed the player so throughougly effortlessly and for so long. So many props to the guys behind this.
  41. EricG.
    Jun 30, 2005
    A near perfect game. Great story, wonderful controls, and very good graphics. If it's not the best game ever it's in the top 3.
  42. Cory
    Jul 12, 2005
    Nothing else comes close to being as good as Ocarina of Time. This is and will always be the best game of all time. Sorry Mario.
  43. AlexW.
    Jul 24, 2005
    Best game ever made!!!!!
  44. CasssandraB.
    Jul 25, 2005
    The best game ever!!!!!! Those who don't like it can kiss my a**.
  45. MoeJ.
    Jul 5, 2005
    That game ROCKS!!!
  46. RubaiyatH.
    Sep 26, 2005
    Truly an amazing game that immerses you into a euphoric fever. Gosh.... Hyrule rules. wow i laaav this game. TOUCH*
  47. StevenP.
    Nov 4, 2006
    The best storyline,best music ever in a game.When it first came out,it took me months to beat it.But,now it takes me only a day.A true masterpiece.I remember that there was a list of games that made mario the best of all time,but OoT should have been.
  48. LuckyStar
    Jan 14, 2006
    In my opinion, it is the best game I have ever played and it derserves all the praise it has received. A true masterpiece, I have to add that I love the music that plays in the background when Link is fighting. Ofcourse I love Epona, the songs Link can perform, the Lon Lon Ranch, Marlon (so cute when she sings at night!), the other quirky characters and I just LOVE when Link and Princess In my opinion, it is the best game I have ever played and it derserves all the praise it has received. A true masterpiece, I have to add that I love the music that plays in the background when Link is fighting. Ofcourse I love Epona, the songs Link can perform, the Lon Lon Ranch, Marlon (so cute when she sings at night!), the other quirky characters and I just LOVE when Link and Princess Zelda first meet in the castle courtyard!! The list of reasons why I love this game is endless! In years to come we will still be playing this game, it is perfect!! If you haven't played this game already then you are truly missing out. Expand
  49. JonJ.
    Oct 23, 2006
    If there is one game which you can believe the reviews - it is this one. The best Zelda (maybe beaten by Twilight Princess) and perhaps the best game ever. People who don't give this the score it deserves, don't like Nintendo or Zelda. It is amazing and this shows what masterpieces Nintendo can produce. You can still play it today and be amazed. If there is one Zelda game you If there is one game which you can believe the reviews - it is this one. The best Zelda (maybe beaten by Twilight Princess) and perhaps the best game ever. People who don't give this the score it deserves, don't like Nintendo or Zelda. It is amazing and this shows what masterpieces Nintendo can produce. You can still play it today and be amazed. If there is one Zelda game you must play - it is this one. People who have not played this or seen how brilliant it is, cannot claim to be true gamers. Just amazing and it was ground-breaking for the time and it will never become outdated. There is a Zelda's collector disc for the Gamecube if you want to experience this game and a Master quest edition if you want a challenge. This is the essence of gaming. Expand
  50. JamesT.
    Dec 6, 2006
    This is a wonderful game, great stratagy, indepth puzzles, and a pleasing storyline to boot. This is a game that belongs at the centerpiece of any true gamers collection. It took me a few weeks to beat it the first time, now the dardest part is my dark self and searching for the mystical "sinking lure" for fishing. If you don't own it, you need to go to ebay and get it. This (in my This is a wonderful game, great stratagy, indepth puzzles, and a pleasing storyline to boot. This is a game that belongs at the centerpiece of any true gamers collection. It took me a few weeks to beat it the first time, now the dardest part is my dark self and searching for the mystical "sinking lure" for fishing. If you don't own it, you need to go to ebay and get it. This (in my opinion) the greatest game ever made! Expand
  51. ffords
    Feb 27, 2006
    this game is truly amazing its still the best game i have ever played, it made me sad when the game was coming to an end and things started to change like the market place and zelda himself.
  52. DanA.
    Apr 11, 2006
    This game created the 3-d adventure gaming genre as we know it to day, with numerous new innovations. The best game i`ve ever played.
  53. BenG.
    Apr 29, 2006
    Absolute perfection. This game takes the Zelda series flawlessly into 3D. 10, 15 years from now, this game will still be the best game ever made.
  54. CynS.
    May 20, 2006
    Easily the best game every conceived by man kind, Zelda: Ocarina of Time simply outclassess every other game out there. No one and nothing has yet to come close.
  55. JonathanG.
    May 26, 2006
    Easily the best adventure game ever. It has a great story and a huge world. I love this game even though is realy old. The sequel is fun but not as fun as this one.
  56. thatguy
    Jun 6, 2006
    This is one of the best games handsdown. I played this game two years late and I recognized its beauty within minutes. With all the graphically advanced games coming out, I thought this would have been some weird experience, then I started playing and its what every gamer could ever want if you allow it to appeal to you. Its world is larger than the boundaries in each level and it beats This is one of the best games handsdown. I played this game two years late and I recognized its beauty within minutes. With all the graphically advanced games coming out, I thought this would have been some weird experience, then I started playing and its what every gamer could ever want if you allow it to appeal to you. Its world is larger than the boundaries in each level and it beats out any other systems games because it came from only one system: Nintendo. Nintendo releases another better-than-others game, with grace. Expand
  57. BrianP.
    Jul 10, 2006
    Games just don't get better. Still better than most games coming out two generations later.
  58. SamF.
    Aug 27, 2006
    A pinnacle of gaming acheivement. It's funny to see the downvoters that 0 this, and how such spiteful attention from tasteless haters should just show you how awesome this game is. Such jealosy over nintendo's flawless victory? It's almost too good!
  59. SeanS.
    Aug 9, 2006
    I don't think I can say anything about this game that hasn't already been said, except that anyone who has anything bad to say about it is either has a personal bias against the game because it has achieved such a huge level of critical acclaim and thier favorite game hasn't, or they have never played it and just want to flame. Instead of going in depth about what makes I don't think I can say anything about this game that hasn't already been said, except that anyone who has anything bad to say about it is either has a personal bias against the game because it has achieved such a huge level of critical acclaim and thier favorite game hasn't, or they have never played it and just want to flame. Instead of going in depth about what makes this game so good, I will just say this... Almost 10 years after it's release, this game is still the absolute greatest. Some games like Metroid Prime and Chrono Cross have come close, but no other game has reached such a level, which can be called nothing other than perfection. Expand
  60. RonK.
    Sep 10, 2006
    One of the best games ever made. Most of the downvoters are even too shameful to even show their names, and here purely to spite this game with their sheer jealously.
  61. BryanS.
    Sep 15, 2006
    This is, hands down, the best game I have ever played in my life. From start to finish it can be called nothing short of a work of art.
  62. MIK
    Sep 25, 2006
    Justifiably perfect. To those giving low scores: this game was made in 1998, so if you marking down because of "muddy graphics", "to small of a game", or "not enough action" remember that this is not a current generation 360 title, MMORPG, or lotr hack n slash fest. Still, this gamel has something many of these current games don't have, and that's gameplay. One more thing, Justifiably perfect. To those giving low scores: this game was made in 1998, so if you marking down because of "muddy graphics", "to small of a game", or "not enough action" remember that this is not a current generation 360 title, MMORPG, or lotr hack n slash fest. Still, this gamel has something many of these current games don't have, and that's gameplay. One more thing, someone said the story was unoriginal as another "saves the princess" type. Yes, you do end up saving the princess, but if this is all you get from the story then either you didn't play the game through or you didn't pay attention to the story in the first place. Expand
  63. DeanK.
    Sep 4, 2006
    this game kicks ..., this is one of the best games ever created.
  64. 1mmortal1ty
    Nov 12, 2007
    Legend of Zelda OoT is the single greatest single player video gaming experience for the nintendo 64. Anyone who says it is boring is obviously not a serious gamer. The graphics were amazing for the 64, the music score was amazing. the story was riveting. The gameplay was fun although some of the puzzles were a bit repetitive and boring the rest of the game was extremely fun.
  65. ChrisK.
    Nov 30, 2007
    Very few games are created that set the trend for a genre. Then there are games that set the trend for almost every type of game yet to come. Ocarina of Time is the pinnacle of gaming that set the trend for almost every function we take for granted in games today.
  66. BenW.
    Oct 17, 2007
    This game is special. Its not like others and it is not boring! If you think it's boring try playing Halo 3! Thats a ton duller. This game is simple the best game ever released, its the game that makes games playing. It's as good now as it's always been. Absolutely stunning.
  67. Fraser
    Oct 22, 2007
    The Greatest Game Ever TM. Nothing can compare to the depth, enjoyment, replay value, superb score etc etc. So ridiculously good it should be illegal and I still play it to this day. OOT=Much, much win.
  68. BradW.
    Dec 20, 2007
    This truly is the greatest game of all time. I got this game 9 years ago for Christmas and i still believe this to be true. It did so many things right and nothing wrong. People will try and down play it or degrade it, let em. I just hope they realize that without this games, any games they play now wouldn't exist the way they do. Enjoy the free roam that GTA series gives you? Thank This truly is the greatest game of all time. I got this game 9 years ago for Christmas and i still believe this to be true. It did so many things right and nothing wrong. People will try and down play it or degrade it, let em. I just hope they realize that without this games, any games they play now wouldn't exist the way they do. Enjoy the free roam that GTA series gives you? Thank Ocarina of Time. How bout that sweet aim mechanism that allows you to lock onto an enemy? Once again, thank Ocarina of Time. For me though, its a 10 because no matter what game i play(its been ALOT since I first got OoT) no game has left me in awe like this one. This is the only game that i didnt want to beat because I didn't want it to end. This is the pinnacle of video games. Masterpiece is the word. Expand
  69. Genra
    Dec 5, 2007
    It is nine years after this game came out. It was the very first legend of Zelda game I had ever played, and I will admit I played it out of spite. my cousin was in love with the series(still is) but didn't own a 64. I played it in spite, but I loved it after 20 minutes of playing it. Is it dated, yes. But even so, it was the first game to give you a day and a night, to have ghosts It is nine years after this game came out. It was the very first legend of Zelda game I had ever played, and I will admit I played it out of spite. my cousin was in love with the series(still is) but didn't own a 64. I played it in spite, but I loved it after 20 minutes of playing it. Is it dated, yes. But even so, it was the first game to give you a day and a night, to have ghosts pop up behind you out of sight of Link or the player and all you here is the wicked laugh. '97 and 98' were the years of earth shaking games. Forever will this game live in the hearts of those who played it. Expand
  70. Morgan
    Jan 27, 2007
    The only game I would ever give the title of "Perfect" to, I grew up playing this game, and the nostalgia I feel at the very mention of it is unbelievable. You will fall in love with this game from the very first time Link awakes and you take control of him, to the admittedly tear-jerking ending sequence where you sit there in awe, stunned as you stare at the final frame displaying "The The only game I would ever give the title of "Perfect" to, I grew up playing this game, and the nostalgia I feel at the very mention of it is unbelievable. You will fall in love with this game from the very first time Link awakes and you take control of him, to the admittedly tear-jerking ending sequence where you sit there in awe, stunned as you stare at the final frame displaying "The End." The feeling of completing this absolute masterpiece is akin to what a mother must feel as she sees her child graduate, she knows the child is moving on and there will be more chapters in his life, but she's so sad that the hardest parts for her are over. To this day I cannot believe how good this game is, and the fact that no title since has beaten it in sheer gaming quality and entertainment. God Bless The Legend of Zelda. Expand
  71. Mr.EnigmaticDude
    Mar 20, 2007
    When the n64 released Zelda oot was one of its most anticipated games ever. It was so anticipated because the game play and the visuals looked absolutely amazing for its time. Still to this day Zelda oot is in my opinion better than Zelda tp.
  72. ShawnK.
    Mar 25, 2007
    The game that upped the ante on videogames, Zelda has withstood the test of time as one of, if not the best, videogame ever.
  73. Carly
    May 19, 2007
    Hands down the best video game not just out of the whole series, but that I've ever played.
  74. MichaelB.
    Jul 19, 2007
    This is an incredible gaming expierence. Never have i played a game so excellent so perfect, and i might never play a game of this hype and calibure ever again. I thank God every day that this game was invented. Without this game the games today might not exsist. The controls, Story, Characters, and looks in this game are amazing. You can play this game over and over and you wont get This is an incredible gaming expierence. Never have i played a game so excellent so perfect, and i might never play a game of this hype and calibure ever again. I thank God every day that this game was invented. Without this game the games today might not exsist. The controls, Story, Characters, and looks in this game are amazing. You can play this game over and over and you wont get bored. If you have not played this game. GO OUT AND PLAY IT!! borrow it, download with your Wii jus play it. The most amazing gaming experience of your life might be waiting. Expand
  75. JavierS.
    Aug 30, 2007
    This game is truly magical, the atmosphere, the story, the land, the hero, the princess, the puzzles... everything makes it a masterpiece. The best game ever. You can't say you're a videogame fan if you haven't played it.
  76. JacksonM.
    Aug 5, 2007
    Absolutely awesome, awesome game, but there's one huge problem with it. Just one, but it's that severe. The Water Temple. By god, that's one of the worst designed levels in the history of gaming and a seizure-maker, undoubtably.
  77. JohnE.
    Jan 27, 2008
    If I could give this game a 12, that wouldn't be high enough. One of the very first games I played on an actual console, this game is the epitome of creative design, story, and overall gameplay excellence. I continue to play this after all these years and I don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon. Anyone who has any kind of remote interest in games should buy this and play If I could give this game a 12, that wouldn't be high enough. One of the very first games I played on an actual console, this game is the epitome of creative design, story, and overall gameplay excellence. I continue to play this after all these years and I don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon. Anyone who has any kind of remote interest in games should buy this and play it, it is the cornerstone of Action/RPG gaming and deserves nothing more than to be the highest rated game on Metacritic still today. Expand
  78. The_Assimilator
    Dec 8, 2008
    A beautifully-rendered, epically-told tale of sword and sorcery that results in what is possibly the best videogame ever. I can't count the number of times I've finished OoT, and I still enjoy it each time I play it again; this game is a timeless classic that will be remembered for generations.
  79. PhillipM.
    Jan 4, 2008
    I am playing OoT even nearly ten years after it released. Graphics don't matter (ten years ago it was the best graphic I've ever seen). But today the atmosphere is the same and I love playing this game through the tenth time (one time each year^^). It is really the best game of all times, no game is better today. Every gamer should have played it (If not your not a gamer!). A I am playing OoT even nearly ten years after it released. Graphics don't matter (ten years ago it was the best graphic I've ever seen). But today the atmosphere is the same and I love playing this game through the tenth time (one time each year^^). It is really the best game of all times, no game is better today. Every gamer should have played it (If not your not a gamer!). A terrific game, a perfect game. P.S. Those ones who gave 0 points are stupid anti-Nintendo bashers. Expand
  80. PaulM.
    Feb 18, 2008
    THE GREATEST GAME TO EVER GRACE HUMANITY. This is FLAWLESS, MASTERFUL, EPIC, MAJESTIC and LEGENDARY.Make absolutely no mistake about it, this masterpiece will go down in history as the best game ever made and will under no circumstances be surpassed. The mere mention of it's title invites wonderful memories that no amount of Halo's, Half Life's or GTA's will ever bring THE GREATEST GAME TO EVER GRACE HUMANITY. This is FLAWLESS, MASTERFUL, EPIC, MAJESTIC and LEGENDARY.Make absolutely no mistake about it, this masterpiece will go down in history as the best game ever made and will under no circumstances be surpassed. The mere mention of it's title invites wonderful memories that no amount of Halo's, Half Life's or GTA's will ever bring back.If you have not played this magical adventure you have surely missed out on gaming's finest hour. The 1 and only 100% game. Expand
  81. ErikaP.
    Feb 3, 2008
    From the tiny little secrets like making butterflies into faeries, shooting Mario's picture in the castle to get some rupees or simply watching how Link will sneeze in cold areas and sweat in hot ones; to the wonderful plot and characters that drag you into their magical world... this game is absolutely perfect.
  82. TomP.
    Mar 20, 2008
    One of the only reasons somebody can have a complaint is because they simply weren't there when this came out, experiencing it for the first time, when it was at it's prime. For somebody it playing now it seems outdated and unplayable, just like any other early 3D game from that time. I've played through great games such as Halo, Meroid Prime, and Resident Evil 4 and have One of the only reasons somebody can have a complaint is because they simply weren't there when this came out, experiencing it for the first time, when it was at it's prime. For somebody it playing now it seems outdated and unplayable, just like any other early 3D game from that time. I've played through great games such as Halo, Meroid Prime, and Resident Evil 4 and have still afterwards been able to be drawn back to Hyrule and recreate the same memories from when I was younger. It's games like that this that are hard to come by now, theres still near perfect games today, but not as many that people of all ages, and all preferences, can enjoy as well as this game. I'm not going to say it's flawless. But for it's time, and even for today, it's one of the best damn games ever created. No question. Expand
  83. DanL.
    Apr 19, 2008
    What can I say that hasn't been said allready? The template for perfect gaming.
  84. MattM
    Apr 23, 2008
    Personally the best game ever made and will never be beaten.
  85. ScottW.
    May 1, 2008
    Even after finishing this game on N64 15 times, i still bought it on the Wii Virtual Console and have finished it twice since. This IS the greatest game ever made and does not deserve to be knocked off the top by the likes of GTAIV.
  86. GeoffS.
    May 22, 2008
    This is definitely one of the best games of the N64/PS1 era! Many game mechanics that were first introduced in OoT were used by other games that came after it and some of the game mechanics such as "Z Targeting" are standard in today's games. Not only was the game play near perfect, but the music, graphics, and the overwhelming atmosphere were top-notch and of high quality. Kudos to This is definitely one of the best games of the N64/PS1 era! Many game mechanics that were first introduced in OoT were used by other games that came after it and some of the game mechanics such as "Z Targeting" are standard in today's games. Not only was the game play near perfect, but the music, graphics, and the overwhelming atmosphere were top-notch and of high quality. Kudos to Nintendo for making such an excellent game for it's time! Expand
  87. TheoE
    May 31, 2008
    I first played this game when I was 7 years old, and then I regrettably sold my N64 2 years later. The only thing I miss is this game, it is one of the best video games ever made, when it comes to scale, story, and even graphics (when you take time of release into account).
  88. RhodyT.
    Jun 12, 2008
    The game that brought the Zelda series (one of the greatest series' in video games) into 3D and revolutionized the whole genre. Not as great if you're picking it up and playing it for the first time now, ten years later, but it's hard to deny that this is one of the best, if not THE best game ever made.
  89. TrentP
    Jun 15, 2008
    All time favourite game. Best game ever made.
  90. DomC
    Jun 24, 2008
    Good game. First 3D Zelda, introduced a lot of gameplay mechanisms. The industry standard for action adventure.
  91. StevenW
    Jun 30, 2008
    This is by far one of the greatest games ever made. The only problem is that is solely for the N64. Perhaps a Wii version would have been slightly more fun.
  92. LamiaG.
    Jun 5, 2008
    Ocarina of time is still the best game ever made, according to metacritic, game rankings and many other sites. The feeling i had playing and completing this game for the first time is the most profound time in my gaming history.
  93. Mark
    Jul 28, 2008
    Flawless - 10 years later.
  94. PaulF.
    Aug 19, 2008
    The best game on the Nintendo 64, a Miyamoto masterpiece, the adventure we all wanted to live; this is a game in wich you feel inside the action.
  95. TylerJ.
    Aug 31, 2008
    The best game on the N64, and one of the best games of all time. You'll notice it's also the highest rated game on metascore, there is a reason for that.
  96. BrendanB
    Dec 1, 2009
    Considered the greatest single player game of all time by many, this game is a cant miss for anyone with an appreciation for gaming. Though it was released just beyond 10 years ago, this is still a game id play today and remains among my favorite games along with Shadow of the Colossus and Super Smash Bros. Melee
  97. AnthonyE
    Oct 25, 2009
    A visual and audio stunner, this game is incredible. Those who find there is no depth to the story are looking in all the wrong places. You really care about the characters, and Navi the fairy becomes almost like a real life friend. Backed up by a stunning music score which is good enough to listen to even when not playing the game, this would be my favourite game of all time if it A visual and audio stunner, this game is incredible. Those who find there is no depth to the story are looking in all the wrong places. You really care about the characters, and Navi the fairy becomes almost like a real life friend. Backed up by a stunning music score which is good enough to listen to even when not playing the game, this would be my favourite game of all time if it weren't for its successor, Majora's Mask. Expand
  98. FredrikR
    Dec 6, 2009
    The only none online-game I can play over and over without getting tired. 100% completed (with exception of some gold skultulas a couple of times) 10 times. Estimated time played: 250 - 300 hours.
  99. RyanS
    Oct 30, 2009
    This game is nothing less than perfect... Do not take anybody else's review... This game and system are next to free nowadays... And this game is my favorite game to date. This is too good of a game to pass up, but do not expect this game to hold your hand and watch your back... This is an immensely difficult game the first time through, but it can be done. From the complexity of the This game is nothing less than perfect... Do not take anybody else's review... This game and system are next to free nowadays... And this game is my favorite game to date. This is too good of a game to pass up, but do not expect this game to hold your hand and watch your back... This is an immensely difficult game the first time through, but it can be done. From the complexity of the dungeons, to the near perfect combat system, to the wide open terrain of Hyrule Field, this game is the best you can find... Only one problem though... It ends... I challege you to play this game, through it's main quest, without using any sort of walkthrough or strategy guide... This goes out to both new and returning players... (I have played this game 15+ times, and I still get lost, but it's all worth it) Expand
  100. GeoffreyH
    Mar 5, 2009
    Best game of all time, everything is perfect basically. And to the people who give this game such a low rating: You obviously don't have a brain stem because everybody knows this game is one of the best games of all time, and to a lot of people including me, the best game of all time.

#1 Most Discussed N64 Game of 1998
#1 Most Shared N64 Game of 1998

1. Mar 24, 2016
    The player will be drawn into the Zelda fantasy world from the moment the opening sequence bursts onto the screen, and the game won't let go-not even after finishing the quest.
  2. Happy Puppy
    Mar 24, 2016
    Realism is one of the major reasons this title is so amazing. After playing for a while it feels as though you have actually been to Hyrule.
  3. Mar 24, 2016
    Featuring unparalleled 3D environments, a deep and involved quest, brilliant and intuitive play controls, and a well-developed cinematic quality that enhances rather than overwhelms the whole game experience, Miyamoto's latest soon-to-be-classic title deserves to be played by each and every person who might deign to consider themselves a fan of great games.