9.0

1. Jul 14, 2012
    Long gone are the days of RTS games like Age of Empires 2. These-days developers are too focused on making the game so unique they forget what actually works. Resulting in a game that's either too complex to understand or too easy that it's just not worth playing.

Age of Empires 3 took a turn to cartoon style graphics and Age of Empires Online looks like something Disney-Pixar developed.

Age of Empires was the only RTS that had me glued to my computer screen 3hrs+ a day. The campaign was very fun to play. The scenario creator, oh how I spent countless hours in there pitting 4 red man-at-arms against 1 blue swordsman.

If only Microsoft just reworked the network code for Age of Empires 2 and re-released it as it was. I don't even care for updated graphics.

Age of Empires 2 is a very good game & one of the best RTS that has ever been made.
  2. Dec 3, 2012
    Best RTS ever made? Possibly. I'm still playing this now and again in 2012, and still having fun, although it can be difficult to make it work, and the AI is occasionally buggy.
  3. Jun 14, 2011
    i must say it's fantastic R.T.S. game.simple but just fantastic.i think its best ever real-time strategy game i ever play.good graphics as compere to games in those days.but it takes more time that's the only negative point of this game.
  4. Apr 12, 2012
    How can one argue against this game? Clearly the best **** RTS ever made. Enough said. Have had way too much fun with this game. People are still playing it actively, and with good reason.
  5. Mar 1, 2012
    I have played several versions of AoE and the genesis of these games was great graphic historical accuracy however the AI was skunk stupid. Entire companies facing the wrong direction during a frontal attack. The next upgrades included ships battles that actually conveyed a visual weight aspect which truly impressed me. Land units started facing the correct direction, but the reform ranksI have played several versions of AoE and the genesis of these games was great graphic historical accuracy however the AI was skunk stupid. Entire companies facing the wrong direction during a frontal attack. The next upgrades included ships battles that actually conveyed a visual weight aspect which truly impressed me. Land units started facing the correct direction, but the reform ranks of unit and company levels where..s l o w. On the plus side the adherence to historical accuracy as far as uniforms and weapons distances, reload times, even unit actions where good but not great. This is a great game for those more interested in history but don't rely too heavily on big in your face action. Expand
  6. Apr 11, 2012
    One of the best rts ever made
  7. May 16, 2012
    I have never found an RTS since this game that offered the same level of competitiveness, scenery, playerbase, and fun. Easily the most memorable RTS in existance.
  8. May 17, 2012
    The most awesome RTS ever made. Age of Empires was and still is the best RTS, without shadow of doubt it shaped the way of the others strategy games was made.
  9. May 11, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I was a kid I spend lots of hours on this game. I love it. I do not have to say anything more. But i need to write one hundred and fifty characters. i think my score can describe it. Expand

There are no critic reviews yet.