• Publisher: NCSOFT
  • Release Date: Sep 21, 2009
6.5

1. Dec 21, 2010
    Aion 2.1 made the game a completely different experience.
    The bit of grind that existed at high levels long ago has been dealt with, Aion is very fun to play now if you are a social active MMORPG gamer. Its still hard though for solo gamer or kids who cant deal with the economy of Aion. Positive to see a game not just lure player with skinner box type gameplay like WoW.
    New 2.0
    questlines are gorgeous and the little story arcs are exciting. I could only wish there where more. The community-forums are though are overrun with people who quit the game long ago. I wish they would prevent player who don't play the game from posting to allow some mature discussions on the forums not overrun with hate and immature trolling. Evading to public fan-forums doesn't work for the same reason and its toppled by WoW fans who hate every other game they aren't pampered in like little babies and praised how great they are.
    Theres much to do for the community aspect of Aion and schooling to do for the new community coordinators. Especially how to deal with unconstructive hate and immaturity of quitter and self proclaimed critics also known as trolls.
  2. Dec 30, 2013
    It's a good M.M.O.R.P.G. with both PvE and PvP content that offers a. awesome. experience.......
    It offers a .lot of fun for a variety of users........
  3. Aug 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is a grinder. It is freaking beautiful! I have played 4 MMOs (IMO major oones), and am happy with it quite allot. The only thing I miss is addons. The quest sysem is great, but finding the objectives can be a little confusing for some of the quests. After you get used to the UI (learning curb is a standard thing in MMOs), you get addicted. I have yet to be flatlined on my enthusiasm, and I have logged over 40 hours so far in it! Love it may be a too strong phrase, but I am on the virge of loving it!, just need to get higher lvl and start using more of the flight aspect in the grind Expand
  4. Oct 16, 2011
    Aion is a visually stunning world with captivating story and combat. The grind at launch has since long been fixed and is now a stand MMO with flight, PvPvE content, content patches every few months and one of the best customer support around. I've played World of Warcraft and Rift and I cannot say how much better Aion is in customization, story telling, combat and visuals. The world of Aion is something that you must not miss and there is no reason to with the free trial. Breathing a breath of fresh air into the genre, Aion revolutionizes everything we think is possible in an mmo. Crafting, Combat, Flight, Graphics, all rich in detail and webs intricate patterns into the game that will not be looked over.
    This game is definitely a game that you must play if you are waiting for a game or wanting a game to call home.
  5. May 29, 2012
    #1 game in Korea. Why ? because it's awesome. with the 3.0 update there are so many features. Unlike the grindy diablo 3 this game actually feels fun. And guess what it's free and NOT pay to win loool.
  6. May 29, 2012
    Honestly, this is much much better than Diablo 3. At least it is not pay 2 win. You get housing too. It feels like sims online! Sims online + WoW ish game play you have something that is got to be 10/10.
  7. Jun 14, 2012
    WoW! This is the best MMO-RPG! In everything: the characters , leveling, combat, the world , everything! This is compared with 4story by Gameforce. There's the best MMO-RPG ever. Thurst me and play it!
  8. Jan 15, 2013
    i've played this game since it released, and it always keeps me coming back for more. It isn't prefect, and it's low drop rates and very gear orriented style of play may keep others from long term play, but i love this game and can't help but come back.
  9. May 5, 2013
    This is one of my favorite mmo's due to the character customization and game play. The details are beautiful and the creatures are unique. Those that say that Aion isn't a awesome gaming experience haven't truly gotten into it. It's much like WoW but with out the Creature Race's.
  10. Feb 12, 2014
    Aion has kind of improved. There's much less grinding, you can level your character from 1-65 in like a week. The community is still terrible and so is the NCsoft support. There are still ganks and PvP is unbalanced, but isn't that the case in almost every MMO?
    I think you should definitely try the game, though. The character customisation is great, the music and the landscape (especially
    the new places) are beautiful. It involves much more group questing than it used to and it's much easier to acquire good gear. Expand
  11. May 10, 2012
    Based on the free-to-play update, I figured this game deserved a new review that doesn't judge it as it was before. If you like mmo's I would recommend looking into Aion. You know all of those invisible walls that most mmo's slap on you? Yeah, most of those are gone here. In Aion, every character is a race of angel-type people called "Daeva." Upon receiving your class, you're given a fancy set of new wings. You're capable of entering two forms of flying modes. The first one is full on flying. You can do this in certain areas and you start off with a minute maximum time before your wings give out and you fall to your death. The second is just gliding. You can do this in any area. The whole flying aspect adds an interesting aspect on to the game, mostly because you know you aren't quite so limited on where you can go. The graphics in this game are quite fancy, but I won't spend much time on that because graphics do about as much to a game as a pretty dish akes your food taste better. Straight running through as an mmo, you won't find much to call it revolutionary, but you come to expect that from gaming now anywho. An interesting part of combat is the chain skill system. You get certain skills, depending on your set class, that you can activate further skills instantly directly after. This makes the combat more interesting later on because you have various skill opportunities popping up left and right. There's also another form of skill customization call "stigma" skills. Starting at level 20, you get slots to put in two stigma skills (two additional slots every 10 levels after) and you have a choice of what skills you want to put in there, so most characters won't have the same set of skills. The playing, however, is still basic quest, quest, quest, repeat. It has its entertaining properties if you enjoy mmo's and even more if you can find someone to talk to or do your quests with (because we're all lonely, lonely people with no friends in real life). One of the biggest downsides to this game, which I can't really blame on the game itself, is the community. Not to say that this game contains the same sort of butthurt dwellers and novice gamers alike that WoW contains, but to my experience, the community in Aion seems to be quite apathetic. I've found myself having an amazingly difficult time trying to find friends and a guild (legion)of people to actually talk to. None of the people I've actually met, though, are mean at all. Players you'll come across are actually kind and helpful (once again, in my experience). All together, this game is fun. I haven't even gotten into the immense customization (let us say it rivals the Sims for choosing how your character looks). I found myself making one of every class because they all seemed amusing to me, they all had their individual strengths and weaknesses. I find myself losing motivation to keep going forward, but for the price you are required to pay (a whopping $0), it is definitely worth the try. Expand
  12. Feb 18, 2014
    Today Aion is the best MMORPG game around. if you reach 50+ level with your character (1-2 week) you will see how Aion is great ;)

i played so many mmorpg (gw2, wow, lineage etc.) aion is the best so far.

Im gonna keep play this beauty untill Archeage come out for EU :)
  13. Dec 20, 2011
    Anyone who loves MMORPGs needs to give this game a chance!

Aion is a graphically stunning MMO. I often find myself distracted from any task at hand by the beauty of my surroundings. The character creation is the best the genre has to offer and allows the player to really let their imagination go wild for better or for worse. Ability effects are flashy and the level of detail of, well,
    everything is impressive. I could go on and on about how visually pleasing Aion is.

The game play is of moderate difficulty. The "grind" is actually not that bad and has improved considerably since launch. I've played MMOs with a far worse grind (FFXI anyone?) and Aion is a pleasure to play in comparison. Most activities your character can take part in offer experience points... That includes fighting, quests, crafting, gathering craftables, etc. This gives you plenty of options on how to gain experience points.

I don't give Aion a 10 because the combat is actually not hard enough for my tastes and you don't need to be particularly skilled to get by. PvP is a bit unbalanced and I wish there was a bit more variety of end game content. Aion has room to grow and I look forward to being there as it matures from a great MMO to an excellent one.

Without a doubt, Aion is an incredibly polished experience that refines the best aspects of the genre and creates a spectacular new world. As a fan and critic of the genre, I wholeheartedly recommend Aion to both casual and experienced gamers.
  2. A streamlined, structured, gorgeous grind, an addictive and even rewarding grind if you're that way inclined, but a grind nonetheless. An ultimately grim and unvarying pursuit.
  3. Aion has definitely more potential than other most recently released MMOs. Its already quite a polished game, but lacks still some content especially for the high level range.