Aion PC

• Publisher: NCSOFT
  • Release Date: Sep 22, 2009
6.6

1. Dec 7, 2016
    A lot of things has changed in Aion, since I started to play 8 years ago. And let's be honest.. Gameforge completely wasted this game and changed Aion into their another, money digging MMO with restrictions and empty servers. Shame on you, Gameforge for ruining Aion in Europe.
    NCSoft NA version, is the only one I can recommend (beside Korean).
    What you should know before joining Aion and
    NCSoft NA version, is the only one I can recommend (beside Korean).
    What you should know before joining Aion and what changed during 8 years:
    For now Siel is the most populated server, followed by Israphel. Plus I've heard rumors about server merging. Events happens basically every week or two. Every 10 levels, starting from level 5, you are getting free stuff, such as armors, weapons, wings or other useful items, which is a big help for newcomers. You can play without pvp till level 65 on fast-track server. After that you will be spending time struggling with your race enemies (beside arenas, sieges in Abyss, or battlefields earlier), so there's a lot of time to learn the basics. Maps on standard server are unfortunately empty, because most of players prefer to play on fast-track server. It might be a plus for some people, or minus for others. Everything is about new maps - Iluma (Elyos) and Norsvold (Asmodian). And while leveling till 65-66 might be easy, since 67-75 it takes months if you're not a hardcore player.
    ** Economy isn't really stable, mostly because of constant events, but many items have own stable price. You can get kinah (in-game currency) in many ways, such as: crafting (first you should learn prices and know what sells the best or what is desired), extracting armors from quests/selling coins/manastones/potions/or other tradeable stuff from quests/grinding, events, participating in Taki's mission and collecting crystals then crafting items in Luna Shop or by finding your own sugar daddy. Yes- you will need a lot of kinah if you dont want to be a training dummy in PvP.
    ** It's not hard to find a party for popular instances such as early (or endgame) ADMA or THEO, ORB, DR, Sauro, Upper Abyss Barracks or camp-switching runs in Levinshor and many other. Many new instances has been added. Many of them are pretty challenging, because rewards will make you a billionaire.
    ** There's no queues anymore.. You don't have to buy additional content, everything is unlocked. You are not forced to buy items from cash shop, since, as you can read above, there's a lot of possibilities to make kinah. You dont have to grind coins anymore (plat, gold, silver, bronze) for weeks to get a gear. You can shapeshift into one of four elements now - Fire, Water, Wind or Earth, thanks to new essence system, available for Archdeavas. There's new crafting option for Archdeavas - Aetherforging.
    Plus A LOT OF NEGATIVE REVIEWS HERE ARE OUTDATED. If you decided to quit Aion from any reasons, give it another try. You won't regret it, since Aion have changed. For good, of course.
  2. May 11, 2016
    You can fly! Oh, wait, you can't really fly in most places.

There's cool classes! Oh, wait, you can't even change from a cleric to a chanter if you chose priest. You can transfer your account from the US to/from EU versions! Oh, wait, you lose everything, including all your characters. You can solo/duo dungeons! Oh, wait, they're still boring and give terrible loot. There
    You can fly! Oh, wait, you can't really fly in most places.

There are some cool ideas here, but the gameplay itself is too tedious.
  3. XJT
    May 24, 2015
    The game is quite bad, and I was pretty surprised for an old title like this. Initial leveling is fast and then it just bogs down and gets aweful. I couldn't figure out where I was supposed to go to grind and level - so I either ended up killing mobs over my head and then dying or killing trash for no xp. So many people wrote guides on where to go, but they are obsolete after 1-2The game is quite bad, and I was pretty surprised for an old title like this. Initial leveling is fast and then it just bogs down and gets aweful. I couldn't figure out where I was supposed to go to grind and level - so I either ended up killing mobs over my head and then dying or killing trash for no xp. So many people wrote guides on where to go, but they are obsolete after 1-2 years. I gave the game a full 2 weeks, but it was just to horrible to carry on any more. I can't imagine how miserable end game must be. Good luck to anyone to tries to play this horrid game. Expand
  4. Jan 3, 2015
    Best mmorpg I ever played,and i still play after many years.The only bad thing i could say it's that Aion Europe is kinda ruined by Gameforge for the fact that the company limits almost all stuff from the players.So to progress in the game you need to pay for gold packs and proceed,in spite of the fact that NA Aion is completely free!Population on the servers is fair enough.For the newBest mmorpg I ever played,and i still play after many years.The only bad thing i could say it's that Aion Europe is kinda ruined by Gameforge for the fact that the company limits almost all stuff from the players.So to progress in the game you need to pay for gold packs and proceed,in spite of the fact that NA Aion is completely free!Population on the servers is fair enough.For the new players out there I strongly recommend this game! Expand
  5. Sep 27, 2014
    I think Aion online is still improving.This is one of my favorite mmo's due to pvpve system, the character customization , item enchanting and game play. The details are beautiful and the creatures are unique.while in combat,zoom the camera in and check out by yourself.It's much like WoW but with better graphics and few new features.
  6. Aug 17, 2014
    I really love this game, its a beautiful game, great graphics, great game play...sometimes. You can almost never socket successfully, and you get disconnected from the moment you start playing a lot of the time. The lag is quite real as well. If they can fix this problem then my review can change, but this is the highest i can give it right now.
  7. Aug 16, 2014
    Pay to Fail... Period. You will never socket manastones or enchant gear without paying $20-$30 for EACH ITEM $140-$210 for a full set. Crafting... yup you will need to pay for a token to level that (if you don't it will take approx 20 successful crafts to go up one level). For all this money on a "free-to-play" game you will get 500-1000 ping during fortress seige battles, no customerPay to Fail... Period. You will never socket manastones or enchant gear without paying $20-$30 for EACH ITEM $140-$210 for a full set. Crafting... yup you will need to pay for a token to level that (if you don't it will take approx 20 successful crafts to go up one level). For all this money on a "free-to-play" game you will get 500-1000 ping during fortress seige battles, no customer support (3 months and still no response to a ticket I submitted), and no community managers in N. America. Terrible, terrible, terrible game...

Just send a check to S. Korea. Less time consuming, cheaper, and less frustrating.
  8. Jul 31, 2014
    very similar to World of Warcraft in many ways : quests, craft, leveling, potions
    good things : graphics better then WoW or Guild War 1, character speak when casting a spell, wings used during flight, cities architecture, flight into circles to enter Balaurds homeland, flight in some dungeons
    less : quests annoying, timed flight, need potions between fights, not too many dungeons, enemy infiltration, exploring enemy world, world vs world, world vs Balaurds

it is free now with many updates, patches and expansions.

Game play : 5/10, graphics : 7/10, background : 5/10, lifetime : 7/10, sound : 7/10, community : 6/10
  9. Jul 30, 2014
    Feels like too much grinding. However, past that issue, I feel like it is still one of the best MMORPGs out there. I play solo, I feel that I have to buy things in order to progress. The coin system to get better armors seems frustrating and repetitive.

Saw lots of bots in lowbie area. :(
  10. May 13, 2014
    I started playing Aion when it just started 4.0 build. So I don't know how much changed from the previous version so don't get anger that some parts were ruined or gotten better. I am just stating what kind of impression I got from this game. It could good and bad, you can play it or not that is your choice.

1) Gameplay = The combat system is rather average with not a lot of depth to it

1) Gameplay = The combat system is rather average with not a lot of depth to it at all. I have played Gunslinger and Cleric till lvl 50 and realize there isn't much to it. It is like every other MMORPG out there which isn't bad to those who might enjoy these kinds of combat but doesn't mean it's good. The skills do get flashier and flashier as you level up and replacing older skills with the updated ones makes it look more appealing but I hardly notice a difference in usage. They have chain skills which isn't that extensive but it's there and it can be convenient(less buttons to click). The flight mechanic is surprising done well, the controls don't feel awkward and it is very responsive. The only gripe I can say about it is the lack of flight locations, you feel very restricted to the ground often. If you aren't grounded, flying around is pretty neat and I wished for more flight campaigns rather than PvP uses. The PvPvE is somewhat annoying if you aren't prepared for it but luckily you can avoid most of the PvP when you stay in the Fast-Track Servers and stay away from Standard Servers. 6/10 (
  11. Feb 18, 2014
    Today Aion is the best MMORPG game around. if you reach 50+ level with your character (1-2 week) you will see how Aion is great ;)

i played so many mmorpg (gw2, wow, lineage etc.) aion is the best so far.

Im gonna keep play this beauty untill Archeage come out for EU :)
  12. Feb 12, 2014
    Aion has kind of improved. There's much less grinding, you can level your character from 1-65 in like a week. The community is still terrible and so is the NCsoft support. There are still ganks and PvP is unbalanced, but isn't that the case in almost every MMO?
    I think you should definitely try the game, though. The character customisation is great, the music and the landscape (especially the new places) are beautiful. It involves much more group questing than it used to and it's much easier to acquire good gear.
  13. Dec 30, 2013
    It's a good M.M.O.R.P.G. with both PvE and PvP content that offers a. awesome. experience.......
    It offers a .lot of fun for a variety of users........
  14. Nov 13, 2013
    Something that I was curious about after playing WoW for some time.
    I touched Linage 2 and didn't like it for game play and art style.
    When buying Aion I was a little afraid that the art style of the game will be the same of Linage and I was right.
    Aion doesn't discover anything new but at the same time doesn't improve anything.
    Game play was OK but art style wasn't something I liked.
  15. Aug 9, 2013
    Took me ages to decide to check this one out and I am glad I didn't when it was still pay-to-play. After few months of playing I can say that out of big MMOs it's probably one of the worst. Sure it still looks gorgeous compared to most but graphics are not all. Most of the elements of this game are just bad. PvP is weird and forcing it on people trying to do regular quests makes bunch ofTook me ages to decide to check this one out and I am glad I didn't when it was still pay-to-play. After few months of playing I can say that out of big MMOs it's probably one of the worst. Sure it still looks gorgeous compared to most but graphics are not all. Most of the elements of this game are just bad. PvP is weird and forcing it on people trying to do regular quests makes bunch of them quit the game. It's too chaotic. PvE is boring and reduced to mindless grinding same missions 10, 30, 100 times. Classes are not balanced at all. Some depend on gear, some not. The fact that there is actually a PvP gear and you may want to have PvE AND PvP set is ridiculous. Rewards for missions are disappointing. The game is no newbie friendly. I see people having problems pretty often and not all of them are classic dumb noobs. There is bot infestation on every server and reporting does nothing cause nobody cares or checks those reports. Community is one of the worst things in this game though. Most of high level people are self entitled elites who call everyone a noob and refuse to associate with people outside their group of friends/legion (getting a group for instances for example is nearly impossible). And the lowbies are people who will most likely quit after getting ambushed by enemy faction for the first time while they are trying to get Essencetapping skill higher fro 10 hours straight. Cause that's the most important thing in the game along with getting crafting skills high which takes days of pointless standing and wiggling your arms around. Even grinding same stuff in Diablo 3 over and over again isn't as boring and pointless as most of the things in AION. Disappointing. Expand
  16. May 5, 2013
    This is one of my favorite mmo's due to the character customization and game play. The details are beautiful and the creatures are unique. Those that say that Aion isn't a awesome gaming experience haven't truly gotten into it. It's much like WoW but with out the Creature Race's.
  17. Apr 23, 2013
    Aion is a excellent game, but the western staff has done everything to kill the western playerbase.

I've been playing this game for over 3 years, and I've been banned a total of 3 times. Players tend to report others simply because they got killed on PvP. The support staff is incompetent, often they refuse to give answers or reasons as why players get banned and they simply ignore evidence.

Currently the game has no active Community Managers, they got fired since the Seattle Offices were closed, leaving the players clueless about updates and events.
  18. Jaz
    Feb 24, 2013
    Beautiful game with superb character models and animations. Also the ability to flight. The potential was there, but that's it. Never realised. Flight time is too small, in specific areas only, too much grinding required and demanding cash shop. This game could have been so much better.
  19. MTR
    Jan 23, 2013
    Warning to all new European users! This game at 23/01/2013 is a P2P, you must use real money to buy each month "1 gold pack". Without this item you cant do basic actions like buy/sell in market (broker) and have others big limitations that make impossible to play at level 20+.
  20. Jan 15, 2013
    i've played this game since it released, and it always keeps me coming back for more. It isn't prefect, and it's low drop rates and very gear orriented style of play may keep others from long term play, but i love this game and can't help but come back.
  21. Aug 17, 2012
    I was curious about Aion when it first came out, however I never actually bought it because of the bad reviews and, mostly, because I hadn't enough time to play too many games back then. After 3 years the game becomes F2P and I decided to give a look and I must admit that I left an impression on me, both good and bad. The game lets you choose 2 factions and once you make that choice youI was curious about Aion when it first came out, however I never actually bought it because of the bad reviews and, mostly, because I hadn't enough time to play too many games back then. After 3 years the game becomes F2P and I decided to give a look and I must admit that I left an impression on me, both good and bad. The game lets you choose 2 factions and once you make that choice you can't undone it unless you play in another server, which can be bothersome. There are 4 classes (warrior, scout, mage and priest), and each one can split into 2 sub classes which resembles a specific talent (Templars are tanks, Clerics are Healers, Gladiators are damage-dealer warriors, and so on). Once you make this choice and after passing a very wide and detailed customization screen (so those who like to make abominations, you're welcome here). Finally you start the game, and from here it's basically the same as many other mmorpg: you do quest, sell trash, gain level (60 with the new patch) and hopefully more gear; there's basically everything from any other mmorpg, including instances, pvp, professions, pets. ingame customization (we'll get to that later), and surprisingly even houses for those who like to chat in private rooms and etc: these are actually nice things and I really got impressed by the amount of things you can do at the beginning. The game is very similar to others in fighting style, but it adds a small mechanic based on chains, where basically whenever you use a skill others may or not activate, making more consecutives attacks and so on: not a bad idea and can easily "thin" the skillbar from the huge amount of skills by putting only a few of them (since some chains are also activated by clicking the icon near the character). As far as I can go, there is a lot of good in this game, and I really enjoy playing it...but this is a F2P game in europe (not sure in america), and eventually this detail comes up with negative points that I could not avoid. I want to tell though that I understand this is a F2P so I DO know it's normal to pay for stuff in game, so I won't complain that in general, but the problem is that when you start the game as a "Starter" (the f2p version), you are so....SO limited! And I mean a LOT. First off, you have only 2 slots available (in ALL the game) and that's cruel considering there are 8 classes; you're limited in how many pieces of items you can gather (like iron, herbs, etc) by 150, which it seems a lot but later it can be easily reached considering that professions require a huge amount of materials grinding; you cannot trade with other characters, which means you're on your own all the time; you cannot whisper anybody in the game (but you can be whispered); you cannot use the generale channel, which means you cannot ask for help nor ask for informations about anything. And most brutal of all, you cannot use the auction house, meaning that your attempts to get some gold by selling some stuff will be totally useless, since the only item you can buy (I think), it's the gold pack...which is the whole point of the f2p version, since the shop itself hasn't a very huge variety of goods except for the customization tickets (not costy, and this is coming from an old WoW player), some motion feature (which is NOT permanent....) and other items like extra wings, pets, etc (all the basics). Honestly, the game is basically all around the gold pack, because it's like a subscription: it removes the limitation I just mentioned and basically gives bonuses to the player, making this game into a pay-to-win instead of a free-to-play; even though it's not costy (it's cheaper than asubscription) and can be bought in game (but it's so costy that you won't be able to afford it), the point of a f2p is buy additional content, NOT to limit the content...my guess it that they had to remove some features since the shop has almost nothing useful (except the previous things) and the game would be virtually the same as the retail version, less the subscription, but I didn't like all of this limitation: I've played f2p before and the point in those game is to give additional content without actually removing content...so I'll give it a 7 mainly because it's NOT a bad game and I actually enjoy it a lot, but the limitations "limits" the fun factor and the will of continuing the game because someone might be discouraged to go on considering the limitations until they either buy a goldpack or just stop completely. And that's all I can say. Expand
  22. Jul 13, 2012
    Visually fantastic, visually alot better than world of warcaft, star wars the old republic. UI is somehow challencing for many players tries it. In europe it's F2P nowadays, I guess it's best F2P mmo I know, worth to try atleast!
  23. Jul 13, 2012
    Aion is a beautiful game, with excellent graphics and gorgeous enviroments.I have been playing Aion since the beginning, and it has evolved from a very simple MMO to a huge expansion of activities, in both PvP and PvE. NCsoft's support is fast and reliable, and will address most issues in little to no time. However, the Community Managers (those who rely information to NCsoft) have done aAion is a beautiful game, with excellent graphics and gorgeous enviroments.I have been playing Aion since the beginning, and it has evolved from a very simple MMO to a huge expansion of activities, in both PvP and PvE. NCsoft's support is fast and reliable, and will address most issues in little to no time. However, the Community Managers (those who rely information to NCsoft) have done a terrible job, turning a great concept into a horrible mess. Faction imbalance affects every single server on existence and they have done little to fix this issue, which has lead many players to leave. Currently character creation is open for both factions, and still the majority of new players chose the dominating faction.

Nevertheless, being on the "dominated" side, Aion brings challenge on certain moments such as PvP instances where differences based on numbers do little.

Aion might not suit you, but it's a nice game and worth trying.

Please note that English is not my primary language.
  24. Jun 14, 2012
    WoW! This is the best MMO-RPG! In everything: the characters , leveling, combat, the world , everything! This is compared with 4story by Gameforce. There's the best MMO-RPG ever. Thurst me and play it!
  25. May 29, 2012
    #1 game in Korea. Why ? because it's awesome. with the 3.0 update there are so many features. Unlike the grindy diablo 3 this game actually feels fun. And guess what it's free and NOT pay to win loool.
  26. May 29, 2012
    Honestly, this is much much better than Diablo 3. At least it is not pay 2 win. You get housing too. It feels like sims online! Sims online + WoW ish game play you have something that is got to be 10/10.
  27. May 15, 2012
    Since patch 3.0, and the game going free to play, Aion has become a very well rounded MMO. Graphically, using the cryengine, things are stunning. The PVP is extremely enjoyable. Still a bit "grindy", but overall very impressive. Worth taking a look.
  28. May 10, 2012
    Based on the free-to-play update, I figured this game deserved a new review that doesn't judge it as it was before. If you like mmo's I would recommend looking into Aion. You know all of those invisible walls that most mmo's slap on you? Yeah, most of those are gone here. In Aion, every character is a race of angel-type people called "Daeva." Upon receiving your class, you're given a fancyBased on the free-to-play update, I figured this game deserved a new review that doesn't judge it as it was before. If you like mmo's I would recommend looking into Aion. You know all of those invisible walls that most mmo's slap on you? Yeah, most of those are gone here. In Aion, every character is a race of angel-type people called "Daeva." Upon receiving your class, you're given a fancy set of new wings. You're capable of entering two forms of flying modes. The first one is full on flying. You can do this in certain areas and you start off with a minute maximum time before your wings give out and you fall to your death. The second is just gliding. You can do this in any area. The whole flying aspect adds an interesting aspect on to the game, mostly because you know you aren't quite so limited on where you can go. The graphics in this game are quite fancy, but I won't spend much time on that because graphics do about as much to a game as a pretty dish akes your food taste better. Straight running through as an mmo, you won't find much to call it revolutionary, but you come to expect that from gaming now anywho. An interesting part of combat is the chain skill system. You get certain skills, depending on your set class, that you can activate further skills instantly directly after. This makes the combat more interesting later on because you have various skill opportunities popping up left and right. There's also another form of skill customization call "stigma" skills. Starting at level 20, you get slots to put in two stigma skills (two additional slots every 10 levels after) and you have a choice of what skills you want to put in there, so most characters won't have the same set of skills. The playing, however, is still basic quest, quest, quest, repeat. It has its entertaining properties if you enjoy mmo's and even more if you can find someone to talk to or do your quests with (because we're all lonely, lonely people with no friends in real life). One of the biggest downsides to this game, which I can't really blame on the game itself, is the community. Not to say that this game contains the same sort of butthurt dwellers and novice gamers alike that WoW contains, but to my experience, the community in Aion seems to be quite apathetic. I've found myself having an amazingly difficult time trying to find friends and a guild (legion)of people to actually talk to. None of the people I've actually met, though, are mean at all. Players you'll come across are actually kind and helpful (once again, in my experience). All together, this game is fun. I haven't even gotten into the immense customization (let us say it rivals the Sims for choosing how your character looks). I found myself making one of every class because they all seemed amusing to me, they all had their individual strengths and weaknesses. I find myself losing motivation to keep going forward, but for the price you are required to pay (a whopping $0), it is definitely worth the try. Expand
  29. May 5, 2012
    Absolutely loving this game at the moment, even on a laptop I can still run around and enjoy the game with very little lag, you can choose to have a pet from lvl 10 and while you have the pet you can gain Iron coins from it in order to gain better armour,weapons and shields from coin rewarding NPCs I enjoy the fact you can gain armour,potions,scrolls and other benefits from completingAbsolutely loving this game at the moment, even on a laptop I can still run around and enjoy the game with very little lag, you can choose to have a pet from lvl 10 and while you have the pet you can gain Iron coins from it in order to gain better armour,weapons and shields from coin rewarding NPCs I enjoy the fact you can gain armour,potions,scrolls and other benefits from completing surveys as they really can help to boost your characters speed,strength and health which can help out allot
    You can also play for free till lvl 40 after lvl 40 I believe you can still play you just wont gain XP but from looking on the site it doesn't cost much for a monthly subscription.

On the downside though you are unable to trade while on the free to play which can be frustrating when your trying to help out a friend and also you are unable to speak in the world channel. I highly recommend this to people who are unable to play certain games because of there PC limitations
  30. Apr 22, 2012
    The atmosphere is great, the music is great, the visuals are great, but the game itself is average. Combat gets boring quickly, and too often feels like the bad kind of grinding. Flying around with your character is a novelty that doesn't end up working that well. Still, the Truly Free model that Aion recently adopted offers great value, and this game is much better than most otherThe atmosphere is great, the music is great, the visuals are great, but the game itself is average. Combat gets boring quickly, and too often feels like the bad kind of grinding. Flying around with your character is a novelty that doesn't end up working that well. Still, the Truly Free model that Aion recently adopted offers great value, and this game is much better than most other "free" MMOs that are out there right now. Expand
  31. Feb 29, 2012
    If you like Grinding, this is the game for you. I have played many MMO's and many of them did one particular thing better than the others. Aion online does nothing better than any other MMO I've played. To all those people giving this game great reviews: If you like this game then there are other games you would absolutely love a whole lot more...
  32. Dec 31, 2011
    One of the same boring asian mmorpg. Grinding, grinding and grinding. The game has nice graphics and the same ncsoft style of his game but the same boring gameplay in an world with instances
  33. Dec 20, 2011
    Anyone who loves MMORPGs needs to give this game a chance!

Anyone who loves MMORPGs needs to give this game a chance!

Aion is a graphically stunning MMO. I often find myself distracted from any task at hand by the beauty of my surroundings. The character creation is the best the genre has to offer and allows the player to really let their imagination go wild for better or for worse. Ability effects are flashy and the level of detail of, well, everything is impressive. I could go on and on about how visually pleasing Aion is.

The game play is of moderate difficulty. The "grind" is actually not that bad and has improved considerably since launch. I've played MMOs with a far worse grind (FFXI anyone?) and Aion is a pleasure to play in comparison. Most activities your character can take part in offer experience points... That includes fighting, quests, crafting, gathering craftables, etc. This gives you plenty of options on how to gain experience points.

I don't give Aion a 10 because the combat is actually not hard enough for my tastes and you don't need to be particularly skilled to get by. PvP is a bit unbalanced and I wish there was a bit more variety of end game content. Aion has room to grow and I look forward to being there as it matures from a great MMO to an excellent one.
  34. Oct 16, 2011
    Aion is a visually stunning world with captivating story and combat. The grind at launch has since long been fixed and is now a stand MMO with flight, PvPvE content, content patches every few months and one of the best customer support around. I've played World of Warcraft and Rift and I cannot say how much better Aion is in customization, story telling, combat and visuals. The world ofAion is a visually stunning world with captivating story and combat. The grind at launch has since long been fixed and is now a stand MMO with flight, PvPvE content, content patches every few months and one of the best customer support around. I've played World of Warcraft and Rift and I cannot say how much better Aion is in customization, story telling, combat and visuals. The world of Aion is something that you must not miss and there is no reason to with the free trial. Breathing a breath of fresh air into the genre, Aion revolutionizes everything we think is possible in an mmo. Crafting, Combat, Flight, Graphics, all rich in detail and webs intricate patterns into the game that will not be looked over.
    This game is definitely a game that you must play if you are waiting for a game or wanting a game to call home.
  35. Sep 22, 2011
    Too much grinding. Visually, Aion is probably the best MMORPG out there, but the gameplay is nowhere near on par with its graphics. This game is designed to be a timesink.
  36. Sep 14, 2011
    This game is very fun at first. The combat is soothing and the graphics are incredible! BUT, The quests are the same old BS. Kills this collect that, Kill 335 of these things to get 1 drop ect ect. But it gets worse folks. After that annoying grind you get to run ALL the way back to base to turn in the quests. Wait, did you say use your mount? Well you have NONE! No Mounts in the game! andThis game is very fun at first. The combat is soothing and the graphics are incredible! BUT, The quests are the same old BS. Kills this collect that, Kill 335 of these things to get 1 drop ect ect. But it gets worse folks. After that annoying grind you get to run ALL the way back to base to turn in the quests. Wait, did you say use your mount? Well you have NONE! No Mounts in the game! and only 1 minute. Thats right 1 minute of flight time and you think flying is cool? Well sorry! You get to only fly in DESIGNATED AREAS. haha! Oh wait you can increase your flight time with enchants, new items ect? Well by the time to get those items or a high enough level you will be so sick of all the boring grinding you will be balled. Also why would i enchant my armor to fly longer when i can get an extra +12 critical strike rating and you cant change armor if you pull aggro while flying. Thank god i bought this game+exsp for only 7 bucks. Expand
  37. Aug 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is a grinder. It is freaking beautiful! I have played 4 MMOs (IMO major oones), and am happy with it quite allot. The only thing I miss is addons. The quest sysem is great, but finding the objectives can be a little confusing for some of the quests. After you get used to the UI (learning curb is a standard thing in MMOs), you get addicted. I have yet to be flatlined on my enthusiasm, and I have logged over 40 hours so far in it! Love it may be a too strong phrase, but I am on the virge of loving it!, just need to get higher lvl and start using more of the flight aspect in the grind Expand
  38. Aug 13, 2011
    Aion isn't for everyone. However, if you have a ton of time on your hands and love PvP it could prove to be somewhat rewarding. The leveling process is very slow, it's all grinding. the game starts opening up to you once you hit level 25 which is a real pain to get to. One thing I loved about the game is the character customization and the graphics, definitely amazing. To this day the gameAion isn't for everyone. However, if you have a ton of time on your hands and love PvP it could prove to be somewhat rewarding. The leveling process is very slow, it's all grinding. the game starts opening up to you once you hit level 25 which is a real pain to get to. One thing I loved about the game is the character customization and the graphics, definitely amazing. To this day the game tends to be extremely lifeless and filled with gold farmers. It's worth a try.. but you'll most likely turn the cold shoulder away from Aion. Expand
  39. Aug 7, 2011
    If you're the type of MMO gamer that enjoyed Lineage 2 or any number of other traditional Korean MMOs, then this is the next step up. Graphically-speaking, nothing else can match the beauty of this game compared to any other MMO. The effects and detail are astounding (I say this after patch 2.5 and playing on a machine that can max out every setting). Gameplay-wise, it falls in to someIf you're the type of MMO gamer that enjoyed Lineage 2 or any number of other traditional Korean MMOs, then this is the next step up. Graphically-speaking, nothing else can match the beauty of this game compared to any other MMO. The effects and detail are astounding (I say this after patch 2.5 and playing on a machine that can max out every setting). Gameplay-wise, it falls in to some common ground with too many other MMOs in delivering very uninspired quests and backstory. The good thing is there is enough detail given to other mechanics in the game that the detail of some of the content doesn't matter as much as how much fun you have just playing your character and exploring the world. It's definitely not for everyone in this regard. In particular for me, combat felt a lot slower then I expected until you gain enough skills to be firing off constant combo moves (improves after level 20). It's also a very linear leveling experience due to a lot of restrictions in place with where you can go and how long you can fly (if at all). The mechanics for flight are a fun distraction to me, although often times you'll be restricted to 'gliding' instead. All in all, it's well worth a try and available with a free trial. After some disappointment from WoW:Cataclysm, this has become my preferred MMO at least until I get to try SWTOR and see if it's better. Expand
  40. Jun 18, 2011
    Quite a fun MMO up till about level 20.. then BAM grinding smacks you in the face.. takes wayy to long to level and there are not enough quests.. graphically the game is very nice combat is nice but you can get past the grinding. People in the game are also a bunch of jackasses, there are no helpful people in the game (thats if you can find them)
  41. May 27, 2011
    For the first 20 hours or so, this game is fantastic. Probably the best MMO I've yet played (besides WoW of course). After 20 hours or so you start to realize you're just doing the same thing over and over and over and it gets so awfully repetitious. Graphics in this game are SUPERB though.
  42. May 16, 2011
    It is a beautiful environment. For me that is where the good ends. It is a grinder pvp fest. The gear is nothing to write home about due to the poor customization. Gold farmers are present above a level that I am comfortable with. The class system is more of the same. It is a overly gear gear dependent game. The crafting system needs some work as well due to the overall issue withIt is a beautiful environment. For me that is where the good ends. It is a grinder pvp fest. The gear is nothing to write home about due to the poor customization. Gold farmers are present above a level that I am comfortable with. The class system is more of the same. It is a overly gear gear dependent game. The crafting system needs some work as well due to the overall issue with usefulness at lower tiers. When you get in to making gold items then it becomes useful. It is heavily dependent on group play for survival. If you like to mix it up between solo and group play this might not be the game for you. Expand
  43. Mar 13, 2011
    This game is a massive turd.Massive I say. I logged in and accepted the first quest in the tutorial and it was "kill 3 ..." I thought it was a quest for the purpose of teaching how the combat works, but that was already it. Thats the whole game play. It starts with the first quest and it never ends. Kill X of X, that is it. Everything in his game, and by everything i mean EVERYTHING isThis game is a massive turd.Massive I say. I logged in and accepted the first quest in the tutorial and it was "kill 3 ..." I thought it was a quest for the purpose of teaching how the combat works, but that was already it. Thats the whole game play. It starts with the first quest and it never ends. Kill X of X, that is it. Everything in his game, and by everything i mean EVERYTHING is grind. This game is so bad, it goes to the point that I can not give even a rating of 1/10 for the graphics because this has no purpose. **** is **** and it wont stop being **** if you color it. And tbh ths grafics suck, you zoom in and you see how bad it is. Its just a cruel mix of random colors, looks like greenish brown vomit. Every single texture looks the same, mobs a being reused over and over again until the end of time and space. You are standing in a pool of piss up to your neck and there is a boar trying to take a diarrhea dumb on your head and you have to decide to take a dive in the piss to avoid being **** on or you put up with the diarrhea and take a nice long bath in the piss to wash it off. It was already a failure the moment somebody in NC Soft got the idea to create this game. Expand
  44. Dec 21, 2010
    Aion 2.1 made the game a completely different experience.
    The bit of grind that existed at high levels long ago has been dealt with, Aion is very fun to play now if you are a social active MMORPG gamer. Its still hard though for solo gamer or kids who cant deal with the economy of Aion. Positive to see a game not just lure player with skinner box type gameplay like WoW.
    New 2.0
    Aion 2.1 made the game a completely different experience.
    New 2.0 questlines are gorgeous and the little story arcs are exciting. I could only wish there where more. The community-forums are though are overrun with people who quit the game long ago. I wish they would prevent player who don't play the game from posting to allow some mature discussions on the forums not overrun with hate and immature trolling. Evading to public fan-forums doesn't work for the same reason and its toppled by WoW fans who hate every other game they aren't pampered in like little babies and praised how great they are.
    Theres much to do for the community aspect of Aion and schooling to do for the new community coordinators. Especially how to deal with unconstructive hate and immaturity of quitter and self proclaimed critics also known as trolls.
  45. Nov 13, 2010
    It's a decent game, it's not very original, but it does a good job being a standard MMO. Ganking is a pretty big problem, because between levels 20 and 50 you can't really do anything against it. Personally it felt like I was just playing on autopilot the entire way, wasn't until I got to my 40s and could start doing semi-serious PvP it got any fun. It still takes too long to find partiesIt's a decent game, it's not very original, but it does a good job being a standard MMO. Ganking is a pretty big problem, because between levels 20 and 50 you can't really do anything against it. Personally it felt like I was just playing on autopilot the entire way, wasn't until I got to my 40s and could start doing semi-serious PvP it got any fun. It still takes too long to find parties in my opinion, unless you have at least a couple of hours of constant playtime you can't really do anything but solo grind.

tl;dr PvEs very grindy, PvPs fun but requires a **** of PvE grinding.
  46. Nov 7, 2010
    This game is a joke They cant control the bots and gold farmers that have hacked their own game It is overridden with GOLD FARMERS AND BOTS LIKE EVERY OTHER NCSOFT game. It's still a grind. They may have upped the experience gain but that doesn't change the grind involved only lessens the time to gain a level! Asian MMO developers still haven't given up that grind 2 play mentality. WhichThis game is a joke They cant control the bots and gold farmers that have hacked their own game It is overridden with GOLD FARMERS AND BOTS LIKE EVERY OTHER NCSOFT game. It's still a grind. They may have upped the experience gain but that doesn't change the grind involved only lessens the time to gain a level! Asian MMO developers still haven't given up that grind 2 play mentality. Which is not only dumb but also a shame as this game could have been great. Expand
  47. Copainno
    Jan 28, 2010
    The game is terrible. The idea behind it is great! But BAD development led to it's destruction. It looks good, that's great, and in order to do that they make game play BAD, such as you not being able to move thanks to spells, instant cast spells NOT BEING INSTANT, and hey, ridiculously OP attacks. The game is OVERRUN with bots, but the admins don't want to do anything The game is terrible. The idea behind it is great! But BAD development led to it's destruction. It looks good, that's great, and in order to do that they make game play BAD, such as you not being able to move thanks to spells, instant cast spells NOT BEING INSTANT, and hey, ridiculously OP attacks. The game is OVERRUN with bots, but the admins don't want to do anything about it. You know what they DO do though? They make it harder on the players by making it so Aether items (Which you gather while flying, which until higher levels you get almost no time for) poison you and you have to cleanse it... By sitting there and typing random crap while you die from FALL DAMAGE. The game is centered around PVP, and it balances that TERRIBLY. Thanks to different factions having different skills, each class is hindered if it didn't choose the right faction (Such as the Templar's on Elyos's side being hurt bad because while they get a weak shield, their counterpart gets a high damage life drain). Also, in PVP, the TANKS are one of the weakest things. They are the only class with an on demand shield or a good "Get away" skill without a high CD, or even the ability to chase (Their one ability to stop runners gets ruined if it's 10 Damage is partially absorbed). Further more, the Tank class is worse at tanking than the DPS class who is an offbranch of the same class (The Glad, off branch of Warrior), thanks to it having no on demand threat boost ("Instants" have a cast time, thank you good graphics?) where as the Glad's get a stance system to boost threat and take less damage while steal DOING MORE damage, Glad's even get a +BLOCK (Shield Block) Spell when they are supposed to use TWO HAND WEAPONS. Events? Events are terrible. The Christmas even got a Tree. That's it. No Quest, no gifts, no music, nothing. Expand
  48. IvanD
    Jan 26, 2010
    Pros: - Good graphics - Characters can fly in some areas Cons: - Not nearly enough PvE content - No brains needed for the skillbar arrangement. Just collect the skills for the combo and use it. - Quests are unrewarding and the repeatable quests are a joke. - One needs quite a hardware for not to see the "epic" PvP in a slideshow. - Lots and lots of gold traders and scammers. - The Pros: - Good graphics - Characters can fly in some areas Cons: - Not nearly enough PvE content - No brains needed for the skillbar arrangement. Just collect the skills for the combo and use it. - Quests are unrewarding and the repeatable quests are a joke. - One needs quite a hardware for not to see the "epic" PvP in a slideshow. - Lots and lots of gold traders and scammers. - The community... Well it's almost absent and generally not the friendliest. - Poor end-game content. Overall - A generous 4. Expand
  49. GabrielQ
    Jan 19, 2010
    I give this game a '1' because I can use the 2 discs as coasters. Otherwise this game is about 5 minutes of anticipation. For a good 5 minutes I kept thinking, 'this is going to get better right?'. And no...each minute was more disappointing than the last... They should make inmates in prison play this game as punishment. Instead of breaking rocks they could be I give this game a '1' because I can use the 2 discs as coasters. Otherwise this game is about 5 minutes of anticipation. For a good 5 minutes I kept thinking, 'this is going to get better right?'. And no...each minute was more disappointing than the last... They should make inmates in prison play this game as punishment. Instead of breaking rocks they could be grinding quests instead... Expand
  50. PaulW
    Jan 13, 2010
    If you
  51. PaulN
    Jan 10, 2010
    Visuals are stunning and definitely make it a must-play game. Player advancement Ok, but new skills not available at every level. Some quests not possible to complete without a team. A few quests encountered that were buggy. Personal store interesting concept but not sure about viability.
  52. TheChase
    Jan 9, 2010
    If you give the game less then 5 only because its a grind you really need to play more games. Anyways Ive played aion since beta Pros: Graphics, Sound, Large Scale organized pvp, crafting produces useful items, plenty of quests to keep you busy. pvp designated and pve designated zones. Monthly rewards for subscribing to the game. Cons: Solo PvP is unbalanced you will be useless without a If you give the game less then 5 only because its a grind you really need to play more games. Anyways Ive played aion since beta Pros: Graphics, Sound, Large Scale organized pvp, crafting produces useful items, plenty of quests to keep you busy. pvp designated and pve designated zones. Monthly rewards for subscribing to the game. Cons: Solo PvP is unbalanced you will be useless without a group if you play certain classes. Drop rates for items are really shitty. a 20 minute boss fight with no loot is pretty annoying. pvp highly dependent on consumables, making it costly to be at your best. Instances are very very long because there are a lot of repeatable quests you do during them that u have to run out and back in for which takes about 5 minutes, when u have a group and 6 people do it there is a lot of slow down. Thats all i can think of but another thing to mention is until u get near level 50 pvp does not scale well. Even though the cons look longer i still find this one of the most enjoyable mmo's i have found in a long time, and considering this game is still pretty fresh the horizon is looking bright and im sticking around. Expand
  53. TrudiA
    Jan 8, 2010
    Looks flashy, in fact very flashy. Everything in this game is done in a stylish manner. It's easy to pick the game up and also easy to appreciate the game. At first, the game gives you an impression that its somewhat a redux for WoW. None the less you'll be impressed with the, graphics, user interface (including build in quest helper) arial PVP and vast character customization Looks flashy, in fact very flashy. Everything in this game is done in a stylish manner. It's easy to pick the game up and also easy to appreciate the game. At first, the game gives you an impression that its somewhat a redux for WoW. None the less you'll be impressed with the, graphics, user interface (including build in quest helper) arial PVP and vast character customization possibilities. Game play is also quite enjoyable at lower to mid levels, you learn to appreciate the game. Earlier stages of the game I thought bunch of people sat down and asked them selves "how can we improve wow" prior to designing the game. But soon the novelty wears off. For myself the game utterly disappointed me in PvP, versatility of builds, user interface, lack of contents and other balance issues. Firstly the user interface which I adored absolutely in the beginning. Much appreciated inbuilt quest help will more often fail to locate mobs and quest NPC (it is funny how this doesn't really happen until you hit mid 20's coincidence? ). At times I missed my curse client.... The lack of user customization of interfaces will put a frown on your face, if you are used to the likes of WOW and guildwars customization of your HP bar etc (size, color, place etc) then you're going to be extremely disappointed. I'll now move on to game contents Lack of versatility: the game lacks versatility in builds; when I say this I don't mean every second guy will have the same skills. (in this game stigmas are the only ways to differentiate your builds, until lvl 45 you're only allowed to have up to 4 stigmas = thats 4 skills.....) The only times where you'll see the guy next to you is having a different set of skills, is that the poor guy couldn't yet afford the stigmas. this is the worst during your lvl 30's where you can only have 3 stigmas, but really every templar will have unwavering devotion and inescapable judgment equipped, leaving 1 stigma slot for 'your build'. PVP system is quite horrible, at first you may be fooled by the fancy motions and effects, but you'll soon become a victim of auto target. Unlike in WoW a lvl 45 can run into a mob of lvl 38's and wipe them out, and there's nothing you can do to stop the higher lvl. If you encounter someone 5~7 lvl + rest assured you wont' land a single sleep, root, stun, slow etc. Simply there's no way of beating the higher lvl (unless its somewhat 2 ~3 party vs 1). The game lacks in contents. By that I mean it hasn't enough raids. No where near enough. Even though the game may be fairly new what I'm about to describe is unacceptable in my standards. The game only offers a few instances once you hit max level. There are some instances available in abyss (free for all maps), but these have 1 day cool down, and your race must own the respective fortresses for you to be able to enter these instances. Last balance between classes. Most games suffer from balances between classes, but Aion has to be the game that suffers from inbalance from classes in pvp. Since skill play a small role in pvp battles it makes this matter worse. Overall the game is a good eye candy and is very appealing for such a young game, also very easy to pick up and learn. However a lot needs to be worked on in respect to contents user interface and bot problems(customer reps usually will give you a copy and pasted response that had nothing to do with your inquiry, and yes that bot you reported last week will still be around, only richer and 10 lvls higher). I may come back and revisit the game in the future, once more contents are available along with some pvp issues, but until then this game will remain as an eye candy, but nothing more. Expand
  54. TomN
    Jan 5, 2010
    I like to think of myself that can't be moved by hype, but Aion managed it. I bought the collectors edition, loved the beta events pre-release (capped at level 30) and the graphics/char customisation are incredible. I contributed to an Aion blog and posted regular, well-recieved PvP vids, as well as a popular sorcerer guide, so I was definitely invested in the game. The wings are I like to think of myself that can't be moved by hype, but Aion managed it. I bought the collectors edition, loved the beta events pre-release (capped at level 30) and the graphics/char customisation are incredible. I contributed to an Aion blog and posted regular, well-recieved PvP vids, as well as a popular sorcerer guide, so I was definitely invested in the game. The wings are fortunately not a gimmick and after quitting, I honestly believe that every single MMO in existence should have glide. :) That's the positives. I joined a fantastic legion off the bat and that's the only reason I managed to last two months. At about level 30, the grindwall hits. By level 40 you're a soldier if you keep on going. I quit at 46 after forcing the last three or so levels out of me (approx. 1 level per week, playing 4-8 hrs a day). While normally you might look past this and think it'll all be better at endgame, in Aion's case... no. There's no endgame. It's literally exactly the same stuff as what you've been doing on the way to 50, and in many ways there's even less to do. Aion was released a good year or two too early, which is extremely unfortunate as early game is promising and engaging... capping the betas to level 30 was a very clever trick on NCSoft's part but that's about where their cleverness ends. Expand
  55. JohnB
    Jan 4, 2010
    A beautiful game with an amazing avatar creation screen and an engrossing storyline with the entertaining flight system...right up till around the half way mark when it becomes a full-on mindless grindfest. It has to be said in it's defense - the epic feel to the storyline up till the half-way mark is incredible and justifies the box price all by itself (Most high-mark reviewers A beautiful game with an amazing avatar creation screen and an engrossing storyline with the entertaining flight system...right up till around the half way mark when it becomes a full-on mindless grindfest. It has to be said in it's defense - the epic feel to the storyline up till the half-way mark is incredible and justifies the box price all by itself (Most high-mark reviewers likely based their views on the first 40 hours of play)....After that though, expect interesting content to be few and far between, delivered in tasty little morsels yet never enough to keep you motivated through days of bashing the same monsters and running the same instances over and over. PvP generally revolves around ganking the opposing race when they grind or removing roaming groups from your homelands, with a fortress siege or defense. Broken damage/defense scaling in the class systems will have you tearing hair out frequently. On reflection, fairly similar to Rising Force Online - without the all-important 3rd race to allow for power politics, alliances and ever-entertaining backstabbing. The end-game PvPvE is balanced to perfection in both small skirmish and large-scale brawls - solo PvP is not advised. Expect hideous degrees of both server and frame lag in massive fights, plus 3-6 months of serious grinding to get to this stage. Pre-level 45, most classes can expect to be killed in seconds without top-notch equipment...Assuming you make level 50, there is a far, far nastier equipment upgrade grind then an even-worse Abyss-Point grind ahead for the end-game items. As each server gets older, any 'new' level 50 will still be fodder to a veteran level 50 who is deep into their AP equipment grind. Fortunately, very few players will have the perseverance and lack of other activities to make it this far, even over a period of years. The resourcing and crafting systems are static, much like the combat skills progession - everything is preset from material location to success and critical rates (known as a "proc" locally). All crafting and collection involves is triggering the action, then waiting 1-10 seconds for a success, failure or lucky critical - thats right, no skills to assist, no mini-game action (aka SWG PRe-CU ATITD). The equipment skin-altering NPC to make your equipment look like other equipment is the single greatest concession made to individuality in avatars. Expect weeks of watching progression bars to 'Master' a craft - did I mention crafting is entirely optional? Looted gear and AP gear are vastly superior! Crafted goods are generally only used at lower levels or when you don't have the looted version. Grinding revolves around the same 2 sets of key-strokes constantly, with occasional alterations to use a long cooldown-skill. In-game macros are fairly useless due to timing problems and individual lag issues...generally grinding is all manual skill-activation. Plagued with bots (both basic and advanced types), the economy is unstable as the critical mass of players to supply resources is not there yet on many servers. The mass-banning of bots that NCSoft occasionally does are welcome, yet the large scale bot operators are unaffected and advertisement stores return within hours, often starting to use 'real' names rather than gibberish strings of letters. Ultimately, Aion is a niche game - you will grow to love the grind, hate it entirely or simply get bored and slowly stop playing over time. Expand
  56. LukeG
    Jan 2, 2010
    This game has the potential to be great but NCsoft need to pull their fingers out of their asses and fulfil that potential.
  57. MarvellT
    Jan 2, 2010
    I'm new to the MMORPG genre and to be completely honest; this game is absoluely great for first timers like myself looking to get into the genre. Compared to some other titles that I have seen, Aion is simply the best in my eyes and I look forward to future expansions!!!
  58. FrancisC
    Dec 31, 2009
    I was very hyped about Aion, I had pre-ordered the collectors edition and was ready for what was hailed as the next WoW.... How disappointed I was, when it actually came time to play. As many others have said here, Aion is nothing more than another Korean MMO Grindfest. The flying aspect is a gimmick and is very limited (except in the Abyss, but flying in the Abyss makes you a very easily I was very hyped about Aion, I had pre-ordered the collectors edition and was ready for what was hailed as the next WoW.... How disappointed I was, when it actually came time to play. As many others have said here, Aion is nothing more than another Korean MMO Grindfest. The flying aspect is a gimmick and is very limited (except in the Abyss, but flying in the Abyss makes you a very easily spottable target for ganking). Overall I thought it looked really nice, lots of items and beautiful world, but thats where it stops, the rest is hour upon hour of mindless mob grinding, especially past lv25, where quests arent enough XP anymore and you need to grind half of your levels, which translate into daily 5 hour sessions of grinding to gain 10% of your level. Waste of 65$ (collector's ed), shouldve got the boxed version so I couldve at least sold it to a pawn shop for 5$. Expand
  59. NushR
    Dec 29, 2009
    Visually, the game is incredible. The character customisation alone drew me into the game, the world is stunning, the creatures are beautiful. I played to level 30 on my main, and I had 6 alts because the start area was pretty fun. What isn't fun is being in the level 17 area and getting ganked continuously by higher level enemy faction members (lvl30+) who camp and kill any lowbie Visually, the game is incredible. The character customisation alone drew me into the game, the world is stunning, the creatures are beautiful. I played to level 30 on my main, and I had 6 alts because the start area was pretty fun. What isn't fun is being in the level 17 area and getting ganked continuously by higher level enemy faction members (lvl30+) who camp and kill any lowbie trying to quest, just for kicks. It's akin to puppy kicking really. Now, I'm all for PvP, but optional PvP would help make this game bearable. Being constantly ganked by players who are 10+ levels higher than you, wearing epic gear, as well as copping the negative modifier a lower level player gets in a PvP battle makes this a rapefest. Not being able to even defend yourself is a joke. The constant grind with little reward is also a soul crusher, and it was definitely at the point when I realised this game was more like paying to work rather than being paid to work that I canceled my subscription. I was playing with friends, playing solo is nearly impossible with the constant gank parties, especially in the Abyss, but even in your own factions lands its pretty bad. The game is like an attractive partner with no depth or complexity, who also enjoys smacking you in the face with a mallet. It's ok at the start, and you let some things slide because they're so beautiful. But it wears on you over a short space of time. I really want to love this game, I really do, I was so excited for it, and all I feel is disappointment. I'm hoping that one day an update will come out and the game will be enjoyable, but I'm not holding my breath. Expand
  60. ValS
    Dec 27, 2009
    If I wanted nice graphics with poor gameplay, I could get a screensaver. This is without a doubt the worst MMO I've EVER played. The amount of unimaginative grinding is unreal. This game is terribly boring. For all you people who love it, I suspect you are the developers posting comments...or you have very 'unique' taste in games...
  61. GeorgeV
    Dec 27, 2009
    Failed MMO. Leveled a cleric until lvl28 when the grind wall hit. Servers are getting emptier by the day (my entire 80 ppl legion quit after 2 months). Looks like they ported the game to NA/EU market just for the first 25 levels, the rest from 25-50 is the same mindless grind fest as the Korean version.
  62. JohnC
    Dec 25, 2009
    1 for amazing graphics.... GRIND, GRIND,GRIND,GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND. Honestly, I was hoping so badly that a game with such beautiful graphics and combat effects would come down to more than grinding and the so-so pvp. The quests aren't NEARLY as well done as games such as WOW, and the PVP only carries the game slightly further. Much too expensive, and if you complained about 1 for amazing graphics.... GRIND, GRIND,GRIND,GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND. Honestly, I was hoping so badly that a game with such beautiful graphics and combat effects would come down to more than grinding and the so-so pvp. The quests aren't NEARLY as well done as games such as WOW, and the PVP only carries the game slightly further. Much too expensive, and if you complained about subscription fees from games by Blizzard, your going to be blowing arteries at this pricey junk. Expand
  63. Dannyc
    Dec 23, 2009
    Ive played WoW, LOTRO, Warhammer online, AoC.... This is the best, period. Make sure ur comp is up to par with its graphics, cpu, ram, etc. tho.
  64. AlexD
    Dec 12, 2009
    Aion is simply a huge, boring grind. It achieves nothing new apart from the hugely hyped, gimmicky feature of flying. Which is on a short timer that can be increased by paying a vendor a huge sum of gold. Most areas even restrict you from flying. Don't waste your money on this generic garbage, spend it on any of the other much, much better MMOs released in the last 5 years.
  65. CharlesS
    Dec 6, 2009
    A great game for the casual / hardcore gamers out there. A game with great graphics, awesome quests, and to top it off you can battle while in mid air!!! Ncsoft is always updating and tweaking the game for improvements. You will see some amazing future updates from aion. I will bet on it! Just google aion vision. =]
  66. LeahR
    Dec 6, 2009
    Grind, with occasional gank. That is Aion. I played the first two months and leveled to 50, cleared every dungeon, PVPed daily, mastered a craft, and went to (as well as organized) nearly every fort siege on my server. Ultimately, I quit because the game remained the same shallow, mindless grind it was from the start, and because the PVP never evolved from the cheap ganking and zerging Grind, with occasional gank. That is Aion. I played the first two months and leveled to 50, cleared every dungeon, PVPed daily, mastered a craft, and went to (as well as organized) nearly every fort siege on my server. Ultimately, I quit because the game remained the same shallow, mindless grind it was from the start, and because the PVP never evolved from the cheap ganking and zerging you'll encounter as soon as you step foot into the Abyss. Aion lacks any true endgame, and simply substitutes a gear/rank grind once you hit max level. The game feels frustratingly unfinished: there's an excellent combat engine and solid PVP mechanics underneath, but instead of putting them to good use, Aion resorts to simplistic sieges that end up being mindless, laggy zergs, or Abyss PVP that consists of ganking players who are grinding mobs. The endgame PVE content is more of the same, with too much trash to clear for too little reward. I knew the game was a Korean grinder going in, but was hoping the PVP would be good enough to keep me hooked. It isn't. Polished, pretty, and empty--don't expect more from Aion than the mindless grind from 1 to 50 and beyond. Expand
  67. DavidH
    Dec 5, 2009
    This game is amazing, hands down the best MMO I have ever played. There are problems with the game and it's not perfect but assuming they fix that Aion will be the perfect game. Right now they really need to fix the quest exp to make it so you wont have to grind as much. Got lvl 50 yesterday so it's not impossible dont play this if you dont like pvp cause it's going to find This game is amazing, hands down the best MMO I have ever played. There are problems with the game and it's not perfect but assuming they fix that Aion will be the perfect game. Right now they really need to fix the quest exp to make it so you wont have to grind as much. Got lvl 50 yesterday so it's not impossible dont play this if you dont like pvp cause it's going to find you regardless Expand
  68. AllanS
    Dec 4, 2009
    This game is absolutely BRUTAL!!! Brutal as in: What if I have to play this total piece of crap??? Korean MMO = Korean Grindfest. I'm so deperessed I paid $50 for this game, Oh My God, it is SO incredibly boring. The only fun I had was harassing the dozens of advertising bots selling gold spamming dozens upon dozens of ads in the chat windows...
  69. BillM
    Dec 4, 2009
    I've played a lot of MMO games. Words cannot describe how thoroughly disappointed I am with this game. The graphics are fantastic and it was fun to create my character and play for the first 30 minutes, so I give it a score of a '2'. After character creation the grindfest begins...and it goes all downhill from there...Totally waste your time on this one!!!!!
  70. ColmanM
    Dec 2, 2009
    Aion is a beautiful game. Simply said the PvPvE is the main focus in this game and they got it right. The graphics are in todays-age and Aion is not a grind-fest, there is enough quests and extras to keep you busy. The endgame in the abyss is to die for.
  71. ReggiW
    Dec 1, 2009
    Aion is a MMORPG i would recomend aquiring, gorgeous visuals, delightfull music. One of the best character creation there is around, interesting options for weapons (like the ability to take the stats from a good weapon and place them on a better looking one), flying ability is not new but its interesting, good character class choices (Best healer class i ever played on a MMORPG). Finnaly Aion is a MMORPG i would recomend aquiring, gorgeous visuals, delightfull music. One of the best character creation there is around, interesting options for weapons (like the ability to take the stats from a good weapon and place them on a better looking one), flying ability is not new but its interesting, good character class choices (Best healer class i ever played on a MMORPG). Finnaly a MMORPG in where we dont mana drain after using 4 spells and we can simply sit for heal/regen mana without the need of having hundreds of potions using up inventory space, and so not depending on those too much when adventuring away from a shop. As for those that stubbornly compare Aion to WoW, they are diferent games, Aion is Aion, WoW is WoW. Grinding? All MMORPGs have it. Same quests over and over? Most MMORPGs have them. Aion has bad PvP? WoW has THE worse PvP i have ever experimented upon! Simply... no. Moneysellers, a lot. Dont WoW have those too? Gets somehow boring overtime? All MMORPGs or even normal single player or multiplayer games get through that feeling (Yes, i got bored of grinding for leatherworking in WoW). Bottomline, Aion is an overall good game. Yes, it has some flaws, as any other MMORPG around, but its fun anyway, as WoW is (except for PvP). If you play Aion as Aion, you will surelly like it, if you start thinking too much about flaws, and end up comparing it to every other MMORPG there is, you will utterly end up anoyed and bored. Want complications? Play EvE online (a very good space MMO game). Expand
  72. BenjaminR.
    Dec 1, 2009
    Something different from the long played WoW. Aion couldn't choose a better time to place it on the market. it has great graphics as gameplay. with it 2 races. sort of called the good as bad side. with an greater evil between them. if u love a story placed gameplay u would love this. it brings the best when u enter the flying mode. it brings u to a new level of playing.
  73. ChristopherB
    Nov 30, 2009
    Graphics are very good. Gamplay is fun. There isn't much to complain about in my opinion. Most of the people here that complains about this game is WOW related. Saying its a ripoff and so on. Aion isn't the best game but its very fun.
  74. PhilipK
    Nov 30, 2009
    The PvE is just as generic as every other MMO you've played and will already feel tired and boring if you've played WoW for any stretch of time. The grinding is nearly unbearable for most people, as it's based around 'kill x number mobs' until you run out of quests and then must revert to just killing things soullessly for hours on end until you get your next The PvE is just as generic as every other MMO you've played and will already feel tired and boring if you've played WoW for any stretch of time. The grinding is nearly unbearable for most people, as it's based around 'kill x number mobs' until you run out of quests and then must revert to just killing things soullessly for hours on end until you get your next level. (You'll want to quit by the time you gain PvP access unless you're a masochist). Additionally, once you get near PvP level, the grinding zones are able to be raided by enemy players, making your grinding even more frustrating than normal. (Recall PvP ganking in low level areas on WoW, except there's *absolutely* no way to avoid it.) If for some odd reason you're not tired of grindan for items in Raids, it doesn't matter, because this game is not centered around dungeons (even though they do exist). This game is PvP centric with an absolutely horrific grind to the max level of 50. Endgame consists of structuring your life around in-game, timed events that will probably cause your game to run like crap because there are hundreds of character models loaded simultaneously on screen. Combat is generic; character builds are very limited and unbalanced; some skills are still 'broken' and no patch is expected; and the pvp is more biased to sheer number of players versus tactics or skill. The game is pretty, but only if you have a fairly current graphics card, making the graphics look paltry to many gamers who can't afford updating their rig like myself. Absolutely do not get this game if you were tired of WoW; you're wasting your money. Also do not get this game unless you have a LOT of extra time to invest. That is unless you can handle getting 1/10 of a level every time you log on to play. Expand
  75. JessiS
    Nov 25, 2009
    Amazing graphics, amazing gameplay, not to mention a sweet ass story, interactive leveling system and a revolutionary new way to dungeon crawll, I want to give this 1 a 9.5, but alas, no. The simple fact is, not nearly enough people play it often, and it makes me cry because it's all due to the, "WOW giant". Which is terrible, a far and sad drawn out torn lore game, and it's Amazing graphics, amazing gameplay, not to mention a sweet ass story, interactive leveling system and a revolutionary new way to dungeon crawll, I want to give this 1 a 9.5, but alas, no. The simple fact is, not nearly enough people play it often, and it makes me cry because it's all due to the, "WOW giant". Which is terrible, a far and sad drawn out torn lore game, and it's truly depressing to see children now becoming so conservative, they refuse to see the perfect infront of them. Playing wow and many other mmo's for years, I say it wins on ever single level, accept to wow in character control, and I don't even know if that level of finger to button freedom can really be considered better, but it gave ME a better feeling. And thats it. Wow once DID have, "informed", lore, because all played the warcraft series, but now that they slaughtered it, I don't know what else to really say. You have to choose. Expand
  76. JonC
    Nov 20, 2009
    Aion has a lot of potential but suffers from a number of issues that NCSoft do not appear to be fixing. the lore of the world is poorly told and hard to get into, travel between regions is difficult and costly, and restoring XP upon death is also costly. these expenses wouldn't be so crippling if it wasn't for the fact that it's very hard to make money in aion and the Aion has a lot of potential but suffers from a number of issues that NCSoft do not appear to be fixing. the lore of the world is poorly told and hard to get into, travel between regions is difficult and costly, and restoring XP upon death is also costly. these expenses wouldn't be so crippling if it wasn't for the fact that it's very hard to make money in aion and the economy of the game has been ruined by bots and gold spammers. Expand
  77. Vaner
    Nov 16, 2009
    Aion is a game that looks amazing in all respects. It's probably one of the best looking mmorpgs around today, but even so with any game you need to be able to play it. When you're playing you should be having fun, otherwise it's a job. Through the seemingly endless hours of grinding you'll realize that this game is job more then it is fun, making the game just about Aion is a game that looks amazing in all respects. It's probably one of the best looking mmorpgs around today, but even so with any game you need to be able to play it. When you're playing you should be having fun, otherwise it's a job. Through the seemingly endless hours of grinding you'll realize that this game is job more then it is fun, making the game just about unplayable expect for the most hardcore brain dead players. There are smart ones out there, but rest assured they're not playing Aion. For this unplayability Aion's score is reduced (for me) from easily an 8 for everything else it has, to a 0. It's simply unplayable, epically for those who seek to have any sort of fun with this. Expand
  78. GodFlame
    Nov 14, 2009
    Aion is a great game and well rounded. It seems that people think MMO's need to be fully finished when they first release. WoW has been around a long time and is entering yet another exp. but even then it has long since reached it limits. Aion has little to offer in the endgame, but only after you play it can you see that it has so much room to grown into something that will make it Aion is a great game and well rounded. It seems that people think MMO's need to be fully finished when they first release. WoW has been around a long time and is entering yet another exp. but even then it has long since reached it limits. Aion has little to offer in the endgame, but only after you play it can you see that it has so much room to grown into something that will make it a monster of a MMO. I still have high hopes Aion will trun into something unstopable. Expand
  79. AlexM
    Nov 13, 2009
    The game has a great storyline, a variety of classes and abilities, and intense graphics... but it's an overwhelmingly boring game, it feels like the same game over and over doing the same quests, just in different places - kill ten of these, pick up one of these, return to quest giver, rinse & repeat. As a gamer for many years (I've played Dark Age of Camelot, City of Heroes, The game has a great storyline, a variety of classes and abilities, and intense graphics... but it's an overwhelmingly boring game, it feels like the same game over and over doing the same quests, just in different places - kill ten of these, pick up one of these, return to quest giver, rinse & repeat. As a gamer for many years (I've played Dark Age of Camelot, City of Heroes, World of Warcraft, Star Wars Galaxies, Everquest, Guild Wars, etc) I recommend buying this game if you want a visually stunning rpg with great story content to play for maybe an hour a less a day, but not if you want to play an entertaining mmo that seems rewarding - it gets boring FAST. Expand
  80. DoeD
    Nov 12, 2009
    Fun and exciting leads to boring and unrewarding, sieges boil down to simple zerg fests with no rewards for defending a captured fortress, finding groups in the abyss is hit or miss, you either roll, get rolled, go back and forth near a guard post, or overwhelm the towers and npc so everyone ports out Really, the grind is okay if you have the patience 44 was my limit, considering there Fun and exciting leads to boring and unrewarding, sieges boil down to simple zerg fests with no rewards for defending a captured fortress, finding groups in the abyss is hit or miss, you either roll, get rolled, go back and forth near a guard post, or overwhelm the towers and npc so everyone ports out Really, the grind is okay if you have the patience 44 was my limit, considering there isnt much to do other then *try* to find entertaining pvp outside arena or grind 2000 plat coins for one piece of gear. Expand
  81. FrancicT.
    Nov 8, 2009
    Awesome Game , i have an assasin lvl 30 those who give to this game low mark means they have played only 2 or 3 days when you are lvl 25+ you can see how great is the game with the instances , hunting asdomians in abyss and so on GREAT GAME !
  82. Sean
    Nov 8, 2009
    Overall it is a great game for me. I play 10-15hours a week which is much less then the average and I enjoy the instances and questing. The game overall has the best character balance I have seen since, say the lvl 60 cap in wow (other than Shamans back then). The warrior can tank, the Sorc can destroy with very high DPS(assuming she doesn't get attacked head on), etc. I am currently Overall it is a great game for me. I play 10-15hours a week which is much less then the average and I enjoy the instances and questing. The game overall has the best character balance I have seen since, say the lvl 60 cap in wow (other than Shamans back then). The warrior can tank, the Sorc can destroy with very high DPS(assuming she doesn't get attacked head on), etc. I am currently only lvl 31 out of 50, but have experienced many things in the game. Like others have noted there is some grinding, but in my experience it was a couple hours total... No more. I only repeated about 3 quest out of the 100's I have done. So not that bad considering... Some fun facts about the game. You can do every skill at one time~ Alchemy, gathering, weaponsmith, etc. But you can only go to 300 and 400 on 1 skill. So it that helps a lot. Also You do not have to gather anything if you do not want to. You can do "Work Orders" to increase skill without providing mats and then when you get your skill high enough to make items you want to use or sale you provide mats. Very handy feature. Some instances you have to capture the fortress in the PVP area to have acess to it. And of course the flying is awesome, graphics is beatiful and worked on high on a $59 9600GS at 35FPS. Very well polished. Hope this helps some of you considering trying Aion. It is worth it. Expand
  83. JasonF
    Nov 6, 2009
    For a beta or recent release this game is beautiful and polished. All the reviews with a zero score are really offensive. This game looks better than WOW, and WOW is just as much if not more of a grindfest. Is this game breaking the mold or innovative? No one can say just yet, we haven't seen the endgame. At least for me, this is in many ways an improvement over WOW, and very much a For a beta or recent release this game is beautiful and polished. All the reviews with a zero score are really offensive. This game looks better than WOW, and WOW is just as much if not more of a grindfest. Is this game breaking the mold or innovative? No one can say just yet, we haven't seen the endgame. At least for me, this is in many ways an improvement over WOW, and very much a welcome change. I'm confident they will add more areas and that there will be more places to fly later on... WOW went through millions of patches to get where they are now. I think this game deserves a chance. Expand
  84. JonathanB
    Nov 6, 2009
    The graphics on this game is horrible. Who says this has good graphics? When you're zoomed in, it looks pretty good. But no one plays it that zoomed in. Well, at least me. No one that PvPs has it that close. I don't care for music in any game. So, I cant comment on this. It's uhh a Korean game that's subbed, instead of it being a mall. This PvP isn't really The graphics on this game is horrible. Who says this has good graphics? When you're zoomed in, it looks pretty good. But no one plays it that zoomed in. Well, at least me. No one that PvPs has it that close. I don't care for music in any game. So, I cant comment on this. It's uhh a Korean game that's subbed, instead of it being a mall. This PvP isn't really exciting either. I'm going to guess that those expert review places were paid to give them high reviews. Just like BioShock. Another poor game with high reviews. I would not play this longer than I did. It didn't bring anything good to the table. It's the same old BS. And guys, quit talking about WoW. Just because it "seems" better than WoW, doesn't mean it's a good game. WoW is boring like all it's clones. This is just as boring. Expand
  85. KarinH
    Nov 5, 2009
    I find this game to be a refreshing balance between the new MMO WoW-esque style and the more traditional EQ/UO MMO style. The leveling process is slower than your modern MMO but it is a far cry from the grinding days of yester year. Group play is very PUG friendly. Whether you want to solo or duo or storm a castle there is a avenue for leveling for your playstyle. You even get xp when you I find this game to be a refreshing balance between the new MMO WoW-esque style and the more traditional EQ/UO MMO style. The leveling process is slower than your modern MMO but it is a far cry from the grinding days of yester year. Group play is very PUG friendly. Whether you want to solo or duo or storm a castle there is a avenue for leveling for your playstyle. You even get xp when you craft. And with the CryoEngine the game does not need an amazing machine to run and it runs well. Expand
  86. GregS
    Nov 4, 2009
    People, it all depends on how you play the game, I suppose. I did the quests one after another until now, I have played 3 characters, one to 16, one to 14, and one to 12. True, this game is not like World of Warcraft in the way that you cant just drop any quest you want and go find a lot more elsewhere, but there are few quests in this game that you would want to drop, and none that you People, it all depends on how you play the game, I suppose. I did the quests one after another until now, I have played 3 characters, one to 16, one to 14, and one to 12. True, this game is not like World of Warcraft in the way that you cant just drop any quest you want and go find a lot more elsewhere, but there are few quests in this game that you would want to drop, and none that you would have to. I like the character customization system because its much unlike Guild Wars. In Guild Wars, another NCsoft game, you couldn't customize much. You pick a preset hair color, preset face, preset skin color, and choose a very limited height. This game's customization system provides almost limitless possibilities, from 1 foot tall characters with giant heads, or a medium sized person with a regular sized head. You can change your face like the Oblivion face modifier, where you can change almost anything on the face. This game has amazing graphics. Somebody said that the graphics were just a bunch of solidly colored, stretched textures. My question to him is if he was playing the right game... To be fair, this game does have a few glitches and not a big variety in armor and weapons, but it will provide you with a lot of fun. Speaking of glitches, just to show you what I mean, there is one glitch where you can fly down under the main city if you go down just a certain way. The funny thing is, though it is really messed up, terrible graphics, 2D objects, and so on, they actually meant for someone to figure out how to go down there. If you look at this one structure at a certain angle, the face from Saw looks at your character and instantly kills you. They even put towns down under the city which at first I thought was just for somebody in the flying city to see, but when you get down there the insides of the buildings are actually fully designed and painted. The wings bring a delightfulness to the game too, but the problem is that there is few places you can fly. However, anywhere in the game you can 'glide' which is just a quick way to move downhill and on flat ground very quickly, and it adds a really fun aspect to the game, not to mention the air to air combat and pvp. I switched from World of Warcraft to Aion, and I will say it was definately the right choice, and I would encourage others to do the seem thing. Expand
  87. BrianB
    Nov 2, 2009
    Everyone who gave this game below a 7 obviously did not make it past level 25 and quit. 25 is where the game really begins and although it may not be fun to get there, once you do it gets much better. Problems with spam is mostly gone with recent patches and there is not a que ever anymore since two and a half weeks after the game came out. So those who rated this game when you Everyone who gave this game below a 7 obviously did not make it past level 25 and quit. 25 is where the game really begins and although it may not be fun to get there, once you do it gets much better. Problems with spam is mostly gone with recent patches and there is not a que ever anymore since two and a half weeks after the game came out. So those who rated this game when you haven't even experienced half of it is quite unfair to the game and to the readers of these reviews. And to those who have played past 25 and still dislike the game, just remember its a fairly new game, even vanilla WoW wasn't much different in its tank and spank aspect. So give the game time before you write it off as a tank and spank only game. Expand
  88. TurskaS
    Oct 29, 2009
    Aion has its pros and cons like all other MMOs do. I bought it a few days ago and I must say that it is very decent game with potential. Im going to compare this with WoW only because WoW is so popular that for example if I say that Aion's user interface is very WoW-like (which it is), most people understand what I mean. The first things that made me buy this game was its graphics Aion has its pros and cons like all other MMOs do. I bought it a few days ago and I must say that it is very decent game with potential. Im going to compare this with WoW only because WoW is so popular that for example if I say that Aion's user interface is very WoW-like (which it is), most people understand what I mean. The first things that made me buy this game was its graphics (hot elf like people? +1 happy customer ^^) and soundtrack, which is very good compared to old WoW tunes which I am already used to. Battle music also gives a real spice (however, if you dont like it you can turn it off from the options). Next is the gameplay. I can say that Aion's gameplay is very much like WoW's. If you are a WoW veteran you're propably going to experience quite a few deja vu moments. Most of people say that all other MMORPGs copy WoW. That in no way is true, because WoW never was the first of MMOs in any way. WoW has just been able to adapt all these systems "the best". The things that differ in Aion and WoW, are their endgame content. WoW has a lot of PvE dungeons, raids, world bosses ect. while Aion is geared more towards PvP oriented players. On level 25 players are able to enter Abyss and engage other faction's players in battle (Alliance vs. Horde deja vu). The point of this is get Abyss points which are used to purchase good gear like in WoW. Also your objectives there are not only ganking people with zerg groups, but also capturing vital points (artifacts, fortresses) which grant bonuses to your whole faction different bonuses. (lowered prices at NPC vendors, buffs ect.). There are also these rifts opening around the world, where you can gather groups and assault another faction's lands through them. I must say that Aion's PvP is much more well executed than WoW's, but it really lacks in PvE endgame content. True that the Abyss is "PvPvE" area where there is this third NPC faction "Baulaur" who try to take control from both factions, but it still is an excuse of serious raiding content. Like I first said, Aion is more of PvP game while WoW is PvE. Joining a legion (guild) is a must for players to rip most fun out of Aion. In WoW it isn't necessary to join a guild to experience some memorable instance boss fights (remember also heoic dungeons). Most people talk of grind, but I havent seen any more grind than in WoW. But I have yet to enter the levels where people talk about that most grinding takes place (Im level 20 templar), so I've yet to have right to say about that. What is bad in Aion? The crafting system. While I did not like WoWs crafting system (especially tailoring/leatherworking/smithing. most of the time you get gear you don't need and you also get the best gear from raids and dungeons and you end up using a lot of money for nothing), Aion's is very much a grindfest. You get these "work orders" which are repeatable quests. You are given some materials and you have to craft the wanted goods (these are not usable by player). The cost of buying the real materials increases as you level your skill. The bad thing in Aion is that it just takes a very, very LONG time to level your skill. The real grindfest is here, not in leveling your character. Customizing your character's every body part and face is a nice extra. There are only two races (Elyos, Asmodians), but at least there is about zero possibility of you running into player that looks just like you :). Also, people might or might not like the game's asian styled characters (anime/manga anyone?). I however took this with a warm hug :). Oh, and flying (outside Abyss) is overrated. So in the end: Pros: -stunning graphics -decent gameplay (leveling) -PvP is suberb (in case you join a legion, alone it is a bit stale) -great soundtrack -excelent character customization Cons: -lack of good PvE endgame content -crafting sucks -delivers ony a little new for the genre -some people might not like asian stylished characters While nothing groundbreaking and not a WoW-killer, Aion is a very refined and polished MMO, which at least gave me good vibes. Forgive me if a forgot to address anything important. Expand
  89. JuhanahG.
    Oct 29, 2009
    Graphics and music are beautiful. The rest of the game is like a typical free Korean MMO. Quest are only for the first 25 levels and they are only "kill ten rats", Asmodae and Eylos are copy/paste of each other. They have nothing different other than land and skin color. Crafting require that you stay in front of an altar for days to accomplish anything, PvP is only about ganking the Graphics and music are beautiful. The rest of the game is like a typical free Korean MMO. Quest are only for the first 25 levels and they are only "kill ten rats", Asmodae and Eylos are copy/paste of each other. They have nothing different other than land and skin color. Crafting require that you stay in front of an altar for days to accomplish anything, PvP is only about ganking the enemy, The story is a typical "we hate the enemy for no apparent reason so we kill them", The land is very small with very less diversity. Expand
  90. JoshJ
    Oct 28, 2009
    For those of you that seriously give this game a 1-3 rating, you need to stop being jealous that this is better than whatver mmo you are playing. Aside from Everquest 2. A person giving this a score of 1... plays WoW. Get over it. Yes you lost some of your friends to this game, and I understand that makes you mad, but get over it. This game on full graphics 1680x1050, looks amaizing. If For those of you that seriously give this game a 1-3 rating, you need to stop being jealous that this is better than whatver mmo you are playing. Aside from Everquest 2. A person giving this a score of 1... plays WoW. Get over it. Yes you lost some of your friends to this game, and I understand that makes you mad, but get over it. This game on full graphics 1680x1050, looks amaizing. If you are grinding at lvl 13... you are retarded. Your first lvl needed to grind doesnt come until about lvl 22. Walk around, find the quests. They dont come to you like other mmorpgs. The quests are fun, the music is brilliant, and although I've only made it to lvl 40 of 50, this game is an AWESOME package overall. Now, it may deserve a score lower than the 10 I'm giving it, but I'm rating this to compensate for the users ratings of 1-3.. STOP PLAYING WOW Expand
  91. JoshH.
    Oct 27, 2009
    Aion is a new interesting MMO that appeals to a different kind of MMO player, it is a Korean based game, so before you pick it up you should've already looked into it as being a grind in certain parts, thats what Koreans enjoy, and thats what we get. If you don't like that style of a game, perhaps you should've read into it more before buying it. However with that said, it Aion is a new interesting MMO that appeals to a different kind of MMO player, it is a Korean based game, so before you pick it up you should've already looked into it as being a grind in certain parts, thats what Koreans enjoy, and thats what we get. If you don't like that style of a game, perhaps you should've read into it more before buying it. However with that said, it still is relatively a new game in NA, there are still a few kinks they have to beat out, and who knows, maybe they will appeal more to what some westerners want, an easy way to level, but it won't happen anytime soon. All MMOs have gold farmers spamming it at first, until they figure out an indefinite way to fix the problem, they are going to be there, but that is the current trend in MMOs, they bring it out and fix things later. A game based on a computer system will never be "perfect" per say, but I consider this very close. Expand
  92. FirenzeV.
    Oct 27, 2009
    I came into this quite skeptical, not joining at launch, but waiting a few weeks afterward to let the dust settle. Having played MMO's since UO Beta and EQ Phase 1 Beta, and regularly since, I have a pretty good idea of the strengths and weaknesses of most offerings, and I have high, jaded, standards. My initial take was that there wasn't much new to the game, and I don't I came into this quite skeptical, not joining at launch, but waiting a few weeks afterward to let the dust settle. Having played MMO's since UO Beta and EQ Phase 1 Beta, and regularly since, I have a pretty good idea of the strengths and weaknesses of most offerings, and I have high, jaded, standards. My initial take was that there wasn't much new to the game, and I don't necessarily disagree with that conclusion now. Still, something about the gameplay has got me hooked again, even though I've tried so many other new MMOs and left them shortly. The combat mechanics are cleaner and simpler but still sufficiently dynamic to keep me interested. Progress is quest driven and still mostly of the "Kill x foozles" and fedex variety, but there are some neat new twists that I wouldn't classify as genre-defining, but still refreshing. The bottom line on gameplay is that it's ... fun. Inextricably, and with that same elusive quality that is hard to define, but you know-it-when-you-see-it, this one is fun. And then there's the flyying. Omg the flying. There are two types: flying from a standing start (which is, as others have pointed out, limited to certain areas or fly-zones, Boo!), and there is gliding (which can be done anywhere). Gliding is fun. Jump off any high point and float downward. Beautiful sensation and it will take you some time and finesse to master its subtleties. The game isn't going to dethrone WoW, but then who cares about WoW? This game is fun, I'm enjoying it, and the PvP is intelligently designed and integrated from the ground up (like DAOC's RvR). Expand
  93. Coeco
    Oct 24, 2009
    People are giving this horrible MMORPG overkill 10's so im gonna go ahead and throw it a 0. Aion is a too-polished online role playing game where everyone minds their own business untill weeks of grinding (due to an huge lack of quests during low levels) where you hit level 25 to actually start taking notice to other people, in PvP. Adding the idea of flying, only to have it tamed People are giving this horrible MMORPG overkill 10's so im gonna go ahead and throw it a 0. Aion is a too-polished online role playing game where everyone minds their own business untill weeks of grinding (due to an huge lack of quests during low levels) where you hit level 25 to actually start taking notice to other people, in PvP. Adding the idea of flying, only to have it tamed with tons of invisible wall just strangles the game's potential even further along with the temporiarly "eye candy" graphics which lasts only for a few hours, Aion is a bland, boring, average, grinding tank/spank MMORPG which noone should pay for just to be stuck in killing the same monsters over and over again for several weeks. Expand
  94. RobbyM
    Oct 22, 2009
    Visually fantastic
  95. SamuelG
    Oct 20, 2009
    I have level 15 and I needed to grinding at lvl 12 ( 10% of xp ); ( 20% at lvl 13 ); and more than 50% at lvl 15. But, at lvl 16, they are giving new quest... Well, alot of grinding. The fight systeme is great and dynamic. Beautiful graphic and the fly sensations are incredible! Play with friends, it is a must.
  96. JH
    Oct 19, 2009
    A very pretty grind. That's all you will get out of Aion. Classes are very imbalanced making PvP laughable. The graphics are excellent but it only seems to mask the bleak and boring gameplay.Unlike what Gunter F said.. Warhammer Online has undergone changes and is the best PvP MMO out there if one enjoys that kind of MMO.
  97. TJexo
    Oct 18, 2009
    Slightly above average korean grindfest, excluding the fact its subbed. I'n sure for people who come from WoW, the graphics are beautiful, but for anyone with a rig less than 2 years old they are far too outdated and often offensive. I ran this on the highest possible settings and the textures were often so stretched that it appears as a single bland, colour. The gimmick of flying Slightly above average korean grindfest, excluding the fact its subbed. I'n sure for people who come from WoW, the graphics are beautiful, but for anyone with a rig less than 2 years old they are far too outdated and often offensive. I ran this on the highest possible settings and the textures were often so stretched that it appears as a single bland, colour. The gimmick of flying soon runs thin when you are actually limited to a small number of areas to actually spread your paper-like wings. PvP, the selling point for me, has some very interesting siege mechanics but is ruined by a lack of diminishing returns on CC. Combat animations are fantastic, but youre going to be watching them over 1000 times every level. The most notable part of aion is its excellent music score lol. Cancelled my CE sub with no intentions of returning. I've played games for over 20 years, alot of that time spent in mmos; while the game doesnt warrant a score this low, nor does it deserve scores so high from professional reviewers who have evidently not played the game. Expand
  98. LucaChard
    Oct 16, 2009
    Brilliant game, only people who like a shit version of Aion Say things like "omg it doesnt add anything new" nah, it just is basically a 5x better less market strangling MMO Than WoW. Great Graphics, Nice Instances, Unique PvP, Movies in Quests, Minimal Grind(some people think this means that you dont have killing monsters and quests <.<;)
    Queues were a bother but it was the first DAY of
    Queues were a bother but it was the first DAY of Aion and they did expect to have so many users logon!

AWESOME!
  99. LucaC
    Oct 14, 2009
    The visually stunning environment quickly grows old as it becomes clear that there is no creativity in the game play. I leveled to 40 and canceled my account after realizing that there is nothing but a grind. The boss fights seemed to be tank and spank, followed by spank and tank for some variety. The crafting system is repetitive and monotonous. Buy mats, hit a station, click go, and The visually stunning environment quickly grows old as it becomes clear that there is no creativity in the game play. I leveled to 40 and canceled my account after realizing that there is nothing but a grind. The boss fights seemed to be tank and spank, followed by spank and tank for some variety. The crafting system is repetitive and monotonous. Buy mats, hit a station, click go, and wait. After a couple minutes you get a point. Repeat 100 Expand

Without a doubt, Aion is an incredibly polished experience that refines the best aspects of the genre and creates a spectacular new world. As a fan and critic of the genre, I wholeheartedly recommend Aion to both casual and experienced gamers.
  2. A streamlined, structured, gorgeous grind, an addictive and even rewarding grind if you're that way inclined, but a grind nonetheless. An ultimately grim and unvarying pursuit.
  3. Aion has definitely more potential than other most recently released MMOs. Its already quite a polished game, but lacks still some content especially for the high level range.