5.2

1. Sep 25, 2012
    This is going to need a lot of patch work. In the tutorial mission you cannot actually reload your bombs to bomb the target, it requires at least 100% direct hits... IN THE TUTORIAL to complete. The AI pilots in the game are terrible, wouldnt be so bad if you didnt have a 2 minute time limit and by the time you can switch back they are all 1 minute away and it takes 1 minute to cycleThis is going to need a lot of patch work. In the tutorial mission you cannot actually reload your bombs to bomb the target, it requires at least 100% direct hits... IN THE TUTORIAL to complete. The AI pilots in the game are terrible, wouldnt be so bad if you didnt have a 2 minute time limit and by the time you can switch back they are all 1 minute away and it takes 1 minute to cycle through all of your planes and hit a target, which requires 8 salvos of bombs to drop 1 ship, and there are only 6 planes... This is a problem and it needs to be addressed. I am all for a challege but there is a point when its just far too much to be acceptable. I don't know the developers actually playtested this game but it cannot get more than a 6 from me at this point.

In concept its a good game, I would personally rather land at an airstrip or aircraft carrier to resupply, not just switch between planes. Would also prefer to have just one pilot as well. But those are minor details. The controls with the mouse are a bit.... It feels like there is a huge drift, I can understand a slight drift in an arcade flying game but a huge one where I barely move the mouse at 3 sensitivity and somehow I do a 180 before I can stabilize the plane again is just bad.

All in all, 6 out of 10, yeah its fun but it has issues, lots of issues, that are not my own personal preference but rather flaws in the games design (like improper ai and bad timing on certain missions) that simply need to be fixed before I could bump it up to an 8 out of 10. If these issues are fixed its well worth an 8 out of 10...
  2. Mar 30, 2013
    This game has some good points but it has to have a lot of fixes Crashes all the time, They haven't done anything about patches for months, so I guess they got there money and the hell with the game.
  3. Oct 13, 2012
    nice improvement on the series, keyboard+mouse is a little iffy but i don't know why you are playing a flight game if you don't at least have an xbox controller. missions are varied, all your pilots now gain experience from combat and missions and get bonuses/buffs when they achieve certain things. graphics look good, nothing amazing but the planes are detailed and that's what you'll benice improvement on the series, keyboard+mouse is a little iffy but i don't know why you are playing a flight game if you don't at least have an xbox controller. missions are varied, all your pilots now gain experience from combat and missions and get bonuses/buffs when they achieve certain things. graphics look good, nothing amazing but the planes are detailed and that's what you'll be staring at majority of your time. definitely worth picking up if you are a fan of the genre or just want to try a good combat flight game out. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Feb 28, 2013
    A neat story threads missions together and provided enough of a tug to pull me along. [April 2013, p.63]