Alien Breed 2: Assault PC

5.8

1. Jul 23, 2011
    Ive only played this for a short while, like 30 minutes but so far its dull, some aliens that die with little effort and unimpressive sound, the guns are flat sounding it really needs some environmental audio effects to give a better ambiance, ricochet sounds and echo.
    i hit a couple of bugs not sure what caused them exactly, i lost mouse aim pressing esc cured that, but then i lost ability to control menus while at a console, so i couldn't save and buy items, shift + tab to open steam screen cured that.
  2. Sep 15, 2013
    I think I may have been too lenient on Alien Breed: Impact, I gave it a 6/10. Alien Breed: Assault takes the flaws from impact and magnifies them.

I seriously wonder if someone at Team17 was tasked with going through everything that made Impact frustrating, got confused and instead of making things less frustrating made them more frustrating instead. The map is still unusable but

The map is still unusable but now has a wobbly effect added. The camera arguably the first games biggest flaw has been worsened. There are now sections of the game where it's fixed. Pointing the wrong way around and zoomed in. What were the designers thinking? At least the free rotational camera could be fought to some extent but no more.

Then there are the in-game cut scenes. Impact didn't have many and for that you should be thankful. Assault has one every few minutes. They're unskippable and leave the camera pointed in a random (generally bad) direction. The aliens can still move whilst the cut-scene is playing so you get mobbed as soon as you regain control. I've also had one that's left me standing in fire while it played.

The 'pew-pew' laser cannon my favourite gun has been removed. Impact gave out far to much ammo Assault gives out too little. This should have made them game more tactical but as the only viable approach to killing aliens is to shoot them I don't know. Grenades are practically useless as charging to throw one takes several times longer than it takes for an alien to run across the screen which means you either blow yourself up or the alien hurts you and interrupts the throw.

There are more timed environment hazards which makes the running back and forth through the ship (yeah you still do that even more annoying. This around time you'll navigate narrow corridors that obscure whats happening in them and occasionally run under the floor.

Alien Breed 2 takes the series from 'mediocre' to 'broken'.
  3. Jul 13, 2011
    Don't be fooled by the title, this game is nowhere near as fun as Alien Swarm. Alien Breed looks very much like Alien Swarm but the minute you play the game, damn does it suck!! The biggest problem I have with the game are it's play mechanics, they are terrible and the shaking of the screen, itâ
  4. Apr 29, 2012
    Neither a fun nor good game. The aiming and camera are both absolutely horrible. The camera (which seems as though it can't decide whether it wants to be a top-down or regular third-person shooter) will sometimes not allow you to see certain enemies if you are close to a wall. The levels all look exactly the same and get repetitive extremely fast. The unlock system is bad as I could notNeither a fun nor good game. The aiming and camera are both absolutely horrible. The camera (which seems as though it can't decide whether it wants to be a top-down or regular third-person shooter) will sometimes not allow you to see certain enemies if you are close to a wall. The levels all look exactly the same and get repetitive extremely fast. The unlock system is bad as I could not notice any difference from any of the upgrades i purchased other than a change in sound when i got a damage increaser. All of the objectives are basically the same thing, you go up to something an hold space to interact with it. You will be holding space down for probably 50% of your play time (which i hope is very short). Overall it's not a good game and is absolutely not worth your time, let alone your money. Expand
  5. Dec 23, 2011
    Clon of "Alien Swarm".
    It was St*pid, very boring.
    Hate this.

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 13, 2011
    Another Alien Breed remake results in another failure. What was great back in the Amiga-times is missing and a remake is just a boring and repetitious shooter with a small variety of enemies in uniform environments. [Issue#197]
  2. Dec 21, 2010
    Alien Breed 2: Assault stays very close to the roots of the genre, which gives it a touch of old-school charm, but it feels archaic next to newer offerings like Alien Swarm and Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.
  3. PC Gamer
    Dec 13, 2010
    Adrenaline-fueled crescendos and bosses toss in some welcome fun to the experience, but not nearly enough. [Jan 2011, p.77]