7.1

1. Sep 24, 2013
    I love multiplayer! Its like UT3 Qake with awesome graphic. I was missing that kind of old-school games. Single player is amazing, lots of action and explosions! Game is really hard, i spent 6h and i didnt even unlock half of the levels. Bossfights are a bit boring and long but except bosses i love this game.
  2. Sep 25, 2013
    Just awesome shooter.
    Good graphics. Good optimization. Very nice to play.
    I hope that the game will have a good sale and we will see a sequel.
    It is even possible on Unreal Engine 4.
  3. Sep 25, 2013
    Something for the fans Unreal Tournament III and Quake. Dynamic, oldschool gameplay and beautiful graphics. Alien Rage is a very good game. Bravo CI!
  4. Sep 28, 2013
    This game is not half bad for $20. The shooting mechanics are solid, the score based perk system is a plus as well. The difficulty sets it apart from some games because it forces you to pick are harder setting than "easy" or "normal". In the end the entire package is enjoyable if your looking for a good arcade style FPS that gives you a good amount of bang for your buck.
  5. Sep 26, 2013
    I hot recommend this game. It's simple shooter, but with great shooting feeling. A little bit difficult, but after some time you know how you should play. Good looking game. Multiplayer. And... Price Big content for little money
  6. Sep 26, 2013
    I couldn't play Multiplayer yet, but the SP is really good. I started it at brutal difficulty and i got what i were looking for. Its a challenging shooter for people pissed off by all those easy whiner games in which you dont have to fight for success.
    When i started playing i had to restart from the first Checkpoint about 10 times until i made the it to the second checkpoint, just
    because you have to use cover and aim for the head of the enemies (on hardest Difficult). Its not a "BOOM IM ALLMIGHTY"-Shooter. If you are looking for a challenge this game will bring it to you.
    The graphics are ok, not groundbreaking, not bad. Its Unreal Engine, so you may know how it looks like. I saw one smaller bug and had to restart that checkpoint, but it didnt recreate so i dont bother about it.
    I got disappointed by so many "Blockbuster-Full-Price-Games" the last months and years, but this cheap game rocks them all. I grew up in the 90' with games you had to replay from the beginning if you lost all your lifes. I loved the Doom and Quake games. Alien Rage is the first game for years i can compare to them. Its not a horror game where you fear the shadows like Doom 3, its just a good Sci-Fi Shooter where skill counts. Give it a try if you like it hard :-D
  7. Sep 27, 2013
    Great game the SP is really good. It's very cheap. Its like UT3 with good graphic. I recommend this game. :D I agree with the other user that the Boss Fights are a bit boring but the model of bosses are really great.
  8. Oct 23, 2013
    This game is worth playing to hear that guy who says "Double kill". I am really happy that dude could find work in this day and age of games that are trying to be movies and points and skill are irrelevant unless playing online. Alien Rage is for anyone who grew up playing UT. It will take you back. Cheers CI Games!
  9. Nov 19, 2013
    This game is amazing, it's graphics are beyond what new generation of consoles would be able to provide, and it's pure fun. It's like a cross of Killzone and Quake, truly amazing experience. The only thing is that I seem to have small problems with stuttering on my system but it doesn't have to be because of the game itself.
  10. Nov 20, 2013
    well, as mentioned its playing a mix of quake, unreal and doom. i love it.
    finally a good unreal engine game again. fast, hard and with incredible level design.
    for the price of 19,99 much better than most of the current AAA titles.
  11. Jan 23, 2014
    This isn't the game for everyone, less-so for Halo or Gears or War fans. But it's a fantastic strategic-shooter, in the sense that you really have to try different strategies for each area not to die.
    The plot and dialogue are better than both Halo and Bulletstorm, both of which it has some cultural ancestry through. And yes, it is a little derivative of Halo in terms of the weapon
    system, but then, Halo was derivative of virtually everything.
    I wouldn't advise any difficulty level other than 'Challenging' - you're really not going to enjoy the game otherwise. But played right, this is reminiscent of the difficulty of Serious Sam 1 on 'Hard' mode, trying to desperately think of a way to not die and go back to your savegame.

The visuals, though perplexing and detailed at first, quickly become navigable, and in time you'll come to appreciate how polished this game is, both in textural and structural details.

Sound-wise - pretty good, pretty standard, though some nice touches here and there.
    And I actually found the boss fights pretty satisfying and enervating - a great combination of 'figure out the strategy' and adrenaline-fueled desperation and chasing.

If you never played an old-school FPS, get used to the following tactics -
    1. Cover is not always going to stay upright, or be perfect at blocking explosions and bullets, depending on how wide it is and where you're placed.
    2. Retreat to better tactical location is always an option, and usually necessary.
    3. Fast reflexes and headshots win wars.

Overall a very satisfying experience, and no-way-near worth the ire it's attracted. Again, not everybody's game - but then, why would it be? And what's wrong with another game that's not as simple or puerile as GoW clones?

1. Nov 17, 2013
    In short, Alien Rage just isn't very good. If it had nailed the combat, all its other flaws could perhaps be forgiven—but it didn't, so they can't. It's a terrible thing to say, but in a game stuffed to the gills with Xenomorphs, the most alien thing in the entire package is any sense of enjoyment whatsoever.
  2. Nov 14, 2013
    It is so mortally by-the-numbers that you'll genuinely believe you've already played the game before. [Issue#141, p.120]
    Competent to the last, Alien Rage Unlimited will tick the boxes for anyone wanting to indulge in warfare, whilst perhaps parting ways from any sort of thought process for an hour or two.