Aliens: Colonial Marines PC

3.4

1. Feb 12, 2013
    The campaign doesn't have the most cinematic quality nor does it's story seem genuinely riveting. It suffers from poor facial animations and has some low rez graphics but it is still a lovingly crafted Aliens game which is telling in it's set design, accurate to the movies and it's enemy AI and animation. NPCs are underdeveloped but this still has some of the best Alien animation, AI andThe campaign doesn't have the most cinematic quality nor does it's story seem genuinely riveting. It suffers from poor facial animations and has some low rez graphics but it is still a lovingly crafted Aliens game which is telling in it's set design, accurate to the movies and it's enemy AI and animation. NPCs are underdeveloped but this still has some of the best Alien animation, AI and avatars I've seen in any official game from the franchise. The bravado of the marines may seem distasteful or unrelated to the franchise at first but for real die-hard fans of the movie it's quite humorous and almost self-referential. The guns in this game are well crafted, compared to previous AVP outings, and feature the original sounds as well as a ton of customization.

The multiplayer looks promising, being based on asymmetrical games Like L4D and allows you the opportunity to play as a Xeno in 3rd person.
  2. Feb 13, 2013
    In my honest opinion:
    In my honest opinion:
    I so far have only played the single player campaign, and I liked it. I enjoyed the game play, and I found myself immersed in nostalgia. Even though the AI was horribly clunky, Marine NPCs were getting caught on the smallest of objects, they would occasionally disappear and reappear and at times they felt like a waste of space who couldn't aim to save their lives, this is because they're an NPC, in a shooter. They're not there to do the work for you, they're there to provide minimum backup while you show the world what and ultimate badass really is. Even the Alien AI wasn't all that hot, however basic warriors still didn't make a sound. They still used ambush tactics, would come through vents, grates on the ground, etc. They did as they were supposed to. Even though certain mechanics such as; taking cover, moving over cover, squad commands, and a few other small things could have been added, as a whole. The game was not too bad. The storyline was short, however you have to remember that this is a FPS that doesn't have a direct roleplaying interaction. Linear FPS games are meant to be short. You're not supposed to spend days upon days working your way through the story as if you were playing an RPG like Skyrim. Short, precise plot points telling you were to go, what to do. After all you're a God damn Marine. If you found the game play of the main story wasn't scary enough, turn down the brightness and increase the difficulty. Play in the dark. Use headphones instead of speakers. Don't sit in a room with the light on, don't have your brightness up so that you have perfect night vision, make it so that all you can hear are your own footsteps down a hallway with the small 'blip' sounds from your motion tracker.

But you know... Let's just verbally destroy a game a couple of days after its release. You know, on-release bugs make a game and all.
  3. Mar 31, 2013
    This game doesn't deserve the flak it is getting from reviewers and gamers alike. This game is a niche product that might have had a few pieces that didn't make it to the final product and released with some bugs, but for what it IS, it works very well. The story is not its strong suit but the story in Aliens and the Aliens IP was never that strong, this story continues where Aliens leftThis game doesn't deserve the flak it is getting from reviewers and gamers alike. This game is a niche product that might have had a few pieces that didn't make it to the final product and released with some bugs, but for what it IS, it works very well. The story is not its strong suit but the story in Aliens and the Aliens IP was never that strong, this story continues where Aliens left off and it does it very well. It explains things properly and leaves us hanging at the end just when it seems like we are about to get info on what really happened there, baiting a sequel. JUST LIKE THEY DID IN THE MOVIES. The gameplay is solid and the graphics are decent enough, though no game should be judged on the graphics alone. Certainly some of the higher end visuals were removed in place of what we have now, but paying attention to the demos, they did say work in progress, so what you saw was not to be expected in the final build, buying on that assumption is just plain bad consumerism. Multiplayer is where this game shines and the modes available are all fun to play, the matchmaking may be the worst part about it but once in game, the maps are well made and the action is satisfying. The customization options in this game allow us to make our Marines look and feel the way we want, including our weapon loadouts that don't just use the typical weapons but have additional weapons that fit very well into the universe. Overall, I believe through patching and DLC, this game will easily be one of the best Aliens game in recent history and will be the primary Aliens multiplayer game.

Beware of the rabid masses who feel betrayed by this title, they will do and say anything to dissuade buyers away from this title based on assumptions and half truths. This is a game you will have to see for yourself that it does not deserve the bad press that it has received.
  4. Feb 12, 2013
    I'm the sort of Aliens fan that corrects the quotes of other Aliens fans. If you're after "the latest game" whose graphics have 13% more zing than your last latest game, your review will probably use harsh language. If you want another glorious day in the Corps, you came to the right place. You don't have to be an AvP marine on some dumbassed mining planet or a forest anymore, you get toI'm the sort of Aliens fan that corrects the quotes of other Aliens fans. If you're after "the latest game" whose graphics have 13% more zing than your last latest game, your review will probably use harsh language. If you want another glorious day in the Corps, you came to the right place. You don't have to be an AvP marine on some dumbassed mining planet or a forest anymore, you get to step onto the Sulaco and creep through the remains of Hadley's Hope.

The writing does a good job of making the pieces fit (eg why the Sulaco is back over LV-426), but opts for an in media res approach instead of building the tension. I expected to stumble out of cryo and into a training tutorial (hell, I even hoped for cornbread), but instead you get a quick cutscene and find yourself at the airlock with your pulse rifle and shotgun. Your first xeno is a scant five minutes away, and I wasn't sure if your marine knew what they were beforehand or not.

The biggest complaints I heard have been (with my response):
    1) Graphics not up to par: Yeah, I guess if picking over graphics is your thing. If you've been fighting xenos since Aliens Doom, they're fine. Around the level of the last AvP.
    2) Squad AI is bad: They take cover, flank and they don't hang around waiting for you to take the lead. Haven't had a problem with them getting stuck or anything.
    3) Guns are inaccurate: No, actually they feel more real. Play ArmA sometime.
    4) Alien AI is bad: Yes, the one you are shooting at is running right at you. But y'know how right after that you fought another one point blank? Well, it wasn't. And I love how they sometimes stop and hiss.
    5) It's too easy: If only they developed some kind of game mechanism where you could make it more difficult...

All in all, a fun romp. Doesn't live up to the "canonical sequel" tag. But honestly, how could it?
  5. Feb 14, 2013
    If you look at this game entirely by itself it is quite solid. I don't get all the yelling. It is neither "crap" nor garbage but rather solid. The graphics are not top notch but good enough (especially if you don't have a state-of-the-art PC but instead a machine from 2-3 years ago). Running Around with a buddy in coop and shooting Xenos is quite fun and the sounds are accurate to theIf you look at this game entirely by itself it is quite solid. I don't get all the yelling. It is neither "crap" nor garbage but rather solid. The graphics are not top notch but good enough (especially if you don't have a state-of-the-art PC but instead a machine from 2-3 years ago). Running Around with a buddy in coop and shooting Xenos is quite fun and the sounds are accurate to the movie. The music fits the atmosphere well. The Levels closely resemble the look and feel of "Aliens". If you expect a slow "horror-survival" type of game you will probably be disappointed but if you want a solid shooter with a working coop mode in the very cool Aliens setting then I say it is probably worth the about 30 euros I paid for it. The game everyone somehow expected or wanted it to be would be a straight 9-10... what we got is a 7-8ish. Expand
  6. Feb 13, 2013
    Thoroughly enjoyed this game and can imagine myself playing it for a few months to come.
    Take this game on its own merit and ignore a few flaws and you're bound to get dragged into the atmosphere of the game.
    But truthfully was any title going to live up to the mighty aliens movie? this could have been the best game ever released but a combination of a long waiting time and being part of one of the most successful movie franchises ever, this game was never going to start any fires no matter who developed it.
  7. rps
    Feb 20, 2013
    After playing the game 40 hours, and having played video games for many years, I have to conclude the professional reviewers were either being paid to trash this game by another publisher, expectations too high, or just burned out from their job of playing games all the time. From this day forward I will take anything they say with a grain of salt. I would have missed a really fun andAfter playing the game 40 hours, and having played video games for many years, I have to conclude the professional reviewers were either being paid to trash this game by another publisher, expectations too high, or just burned out from their job of playing games all the time. From this day forward I will take anything they say with a grain of salt. I would have missed a really fun and very "Aliens" experience if I listened to them. As for the people who give it zero's etc., the days of pirating new titles is over, get used to it. If your a fan of Aliens, don't miss this game. Expand
  8. Feb 13, 2013
    OK. so I've played the first 3 or 4 missions of Aliens: Colonial Marines and I love it!!! The enemy A.I. can sometimes be a bit thick and I've seen some small glitches that maybe a brand new game should not have. The Aliens in multiplayer are extremely hard to use and will need a lot of practice before I can get more than 2 kills. The marines are awesome and have access to fullOK. so I've played the first 3 or 4 missions of Aliens: Colonial Marines and I love it!!! The enemy A.I. can sometimes be a bit thick and I've seen some small glitches that maybe a brand new game should not have. The Aliens in multiplayer are extremely hard to use and will need a lot of practice before I can get more than 2 kills. The marines are awesome and have access to full customization. The weapons sound like they are straight from the movie and you can play as Hudson, Hicks, Apone and Drake, who all have the original voice talent from the movie. I think it's awesome and anyone who loves the Alien franchise would be able to overlook the odd glitch and the odd dodgy choice of cover by the A.I.. I think it was well worth the money. I am a big fan of Aliens and to be able to explore locations from the movie is awesome. Don't listen to these negative reviews, It's brilliant. Expand
  9. Feb 14, 2013
    Bottom line I've had a ton of fun with this game, as it has always been a fantasy of mine to be in the boots of a colonial marine out on another bug hunt. I just cannot see how this game is dinged for things such as poor textures, sub par AI, and an unimaginative story. What I mean to say is there needs to be some kind of standard here, you can apply these very same criticisms to MW3 andBottom line I've had a ton of fun with this game, as it has always been a fantasy of mine to be in the boots of a colonial marine out on another bug hunt. I just cannot see how this game is dinged for things such as poor textures, sub par AI, and an unimaginative story. What I mean to say is there needs to be some kind of standard here, you can apply these very same criticisms to MW3 and BO2, yet Colonial Marines is viewed as a blight on the industry. Maybe my standards have softened after ME3, but I've found entertainment and value in this game. Perhaps I just enjoy shooting aliens for a change as opposed to people with different skin colors and implied bad intentions. In conclusion this doesn't reinvent the wheel, more or less just spitting acid on it, making for a bumpy yet very authentic ride.
    Recommended after a steam discount.
  10. Mar 13, 2013
    The overall reviews for this game are unfair. It's not ground breaking, and it feels rushed. But the environments are true to the Aliens series and the game is still fun. The campaign is far too short, but that is the case with every FPS game since MW:2 hit the market. It's worth playing if you're a fan of the original Aliens movie, or if you want to burn some time, though I would say thisThe overall reviews for this game are unfair. It's not ground breaking, and it feels rushed. But the environments are true to the Aliens series and the game is still fun. The campaign is far too short, but that is the case with every FPS game since MW:2 hit the market. It's worth playing if you're a fan of the original Aliens movie, or if you want to burn some time, though I would say this game belongs in the $29 to $39 range.

The unlocks add an interesting twist, and the weapon mods a little flavor, but I would have preferred more story and less CoD.
  11. Feb 19, 2013
    Though Aliens: Colonial Marines is getting a huge amount of bad reviews, it’s not an extremely bad game. Some of you may be thinking the whole point of the game was to kill a bunch of Xenomorphs and defeat the Queen, but it’s a little more than that. It may be lacking graphically, which sadly a lot of games are nowadays, and the story may be short, but it has some great points ofThough Aliens: Colonial Marines is getting a huge amount of bad reviews, it’s not an extremely bad game. Some of you may be thinking the whole point of the game was to kill a bunch of Xenomorphs and defeat the Queen, but it’s a little more than that. It may be lacking graphically, which sadly a lot of games are nowadays, and the story may be short, but it has some great points of nostalgia.

Yes, you have the Xenomorphs and the queen and every other iconic creature from the Alien movies, such as Facehuggers, but Xenomorphs aren’t the only threat in this game. There is also the Weyland Utani, and actually, the Weyland Utani play a huge role in the game, as well as adding some variety to the gameplay so that you’re not just fighting through hordes of Xenos. Easter Eggs, like Hicks’ shotgun, are sprinkled throughout the campaign and add a great deal of nostalgia, which I found to be quite entertaining. Sadly though, the story seems to end abruptly and seems unfinished, and considering the game was delayed that’s horrifyingly surprising.

The gameplay is fast paced, with occasional tasks taking a little longer than most, e.g. the dreaded “fetch quests”. AI are horribly programmed, with teammates blowing up explosive barrels every once in a while and setting you back to the last checkpoint, and checkpoints aren’t very abundant. Oh, and enemy AI can shoot through walls, which is super fun! (If you couldn’t tell, that was sarcasm.) Also, I played the game on Normal difficulty and the enemies proved to be semi-difficult at times, so I’d imagine they’re pretty hard on the highest difficulty. The multiplayer is also pretty fun, especially playing as the Xenos, they have some pretty cool abilities. You can also level up and customize your weapons and loadouts in multiplayer which allows for some variety. The multiplayer includes 4 modes: TDM, Extermination, Escape and Survivor which can be played on 9 maps.

“They’re coming outta the goddamn walls.” Hudson

The games models, textures and animations are way behind the times. The cinematics are about 5 years behind and don’t seem to sync up very well, nor do they transition smoothly. While the rest of the game pretty much looks like it should have come out in 2008, oh wait, that’s when they announced the delay the first time… Although, I’d say the lighting is quite nice, and with the brightness turned down it’s a little startling when you’re pounced on by an unexpected Xeno.

Ahh, the sound effects, they’re awesome. The sound of the pulse rifle has got to be one of my favorite sound effects in any game and the Xeno hiss is up there with the Predator click as one of the scariest sounds of all time. The rest of the sounds though weren’t very memorable, there’s nothing really special about them. The dialog was a bit weak especially outside of the cutscenes. But I did find the stories that Audio Logs tell to be interesting, especially the one about Newt’s family.

“They mostly come at night… mostly.” Newt

This game has little to no replay value when it comes to campaign, but multiplayer can be played for a while. With tons of leveling and customizing to do, the multiplayer rivals that of current games, especially the garbage that is MW3.

So, with a seemingly unfinished story, not so cutting-edge graphics by any means, and a laughably easy last mission it doesn’t have much of a chance. But, for a fan of the Alien franchise, this is one of the more authentic games out there. The multiplayer redeems the game itself by offering a Left 4 Dead-like experience, with Marines vs. Xenomorphs. And, the nostalgia was enough to make me buy the game. Overall, it was a fun game, but nothing amazing.

Game over, man!
  12. Feb 12, 2013
    After 1,5 hours of playing i can say that this game is sadly not a horror game I was really hopped for a great horror/shooter. They made the shooter part well, but not the horror part. The story is so typical, a ship send out a distress signal, marines roll in much of the squad gets killed in the first few minutes and only you remain to save everyone ass. The graphics are fine, not toAfter 1,5 hours of playing i can say that this game is sadly not a horror game I was really hopped for a great horror/shooter. They made the shooter part well, but not the horror part. The story is so typical, a ship send out a distress signal, marines roll in much of the squad gets killed in the first few minutes and only you remain to save everyone ass. The graphics are fine, not to shiny not to rusty. The gameplay is just a go from A to B and meanwhile kill Xenos. Expand
  13. Mar 3, 2013
    Although visually 'pretty' the, the game was let down by over-dramatics and odd musical themes. I would be looking elsewhere, probably minecraft for my next gaming fix. Thanks a lot.
  14. Jun 25, 2013
    Another failure after a DNF. Bad graphics, boring gameplay. The game is appalling for its quality, it is strange that the second project after Duke Nukem Forever has such poor quality.
  15. Feb 12, 2013
    I don't know why there is so much hate surrounding this game....for what it is I had fun and enjoyed it thoroughly. It's just a simple scripted corridor shooter. If you wanted borderlands with aliens then yeah you'll be disappointed. I thought it was great!
  16. Feb 12, 2013
    Don't believe the trolls, the game is good. I have been playing it for hours. It looks very nice. I play it on a 50" tv at max with a gtx 680..The co op is a lot of fun as well. i took HD screenshots in steam to disprove the lairs calling ti ugly.. Believe me, they are liars.. The co op and the multiplayer is fun. Gearbox is already on DAY 1 patching issues.. Who gives that kind ofDon't believe the trolls, the game is good. I have been playing it for hours. It looks very nice. I play it on a 50" tv at max with a gtx 680..The co op is a lot of fun as well. i took HD screenshots in steam to disprove the lairs calling ti ugly.. Believe me, they are liars.. The co op and the multiplayer is fun. Gearbox is already on DAY 1 patching issues.. Who gives that kind of support? No one.. I am having a blast and if you don't buy it I feel sorry for ya.. Because you let troll cry babies ruing a good game for you. I don't trust meta critic anymore.. Their reviewers are mostly just trolls now a days it seems.. Crying constantly in every forum they can find as if it will save their life.. The game is good.. I like it.. Period.. Expand
  17. Feb 12, 2013
    Great, Great did I say Great GAME! Don't believe the retarded GameSpot review this game is amazing, yes there are a few textures in the game that don't look perfect but thats the only legitimate complaint and you don't grade a game just based on that. I am loving this game and the tension is has, it reminds me of the fear I felt while playing Dead Space 1 and 2 and the aliens are cool asGreat, Great did I say Great GAME! Don't believe the retarded GameSpot review this game is amazing, yes there are a few textures in the game that don't look perfect but thats the only legitimate complaint and you don't grade a game just based on that. I am loving this game and the tension is has, it reminds me of the fear I felt while playing Dead Space 1 and 2 and the aliens are cool as They look great and the game-play is amazing while staying honest to the movies and the genre. I definitely recommend this game if you ever enjoyed any of the Aliens movies, or any of the Dead Space games. Expand
  18. Feb 12, 2013
    As a fan of the Aliens films, I was hoping for the best, but I got Colonial Marines. Not to to say this isn't a great game, I love it. Sure it has its faults, but those can be fixed with patches, such as the multilayer lag, and Campaign glitches. Obviously this series meant a lot to Gearbox, because if you actually look there are an insane amount references to the "Aliens" film. I lookAs a fan of the Aliens films, I was hoping for the best, but I got Colonial Marines. Not to to say this isn't a great game, I love it. Sure it has its faults, but those can be fixed with patches, such as the multilayer lag, and Campaign glitches. Obviously this series meant a lot to Gearbox, because if you actually look there are an insane amount references to the "Aliens" film. I look past the short comings this game has and see a game that, hopefully in future updates will get the TLC it needs. I give Aliens a 10 out of 10, for the effort Gearbox had put it, and for their ambitious goal they set for themselves they just quite missed. Not to mention, the Ultimate Bad-Ass difficulty adds a bit more to game play. Expand
  19. Mar 2, 2013
    first i would like to say im an aliens fan so i might be bias. The campaign gives you a really good look at the scenes from the movie that fans will remember well even the hole in the ground where Hudson is captured (later found cocooned on the wall) is there so top marks for paying attention to the movie. that said the plot storyline is overall lacking and not convincing and thefirst i would like to say im an aliens fan so i might be bias. The campaign gives you a really good look at the scenes from the movie that fans will remember well even the hole in the ground where Hudson is captured (later found cocooned on the wall) is there so top marks for paying attention to the movie. that said the plot storyline is overall lacking and not convincing and the teammate AI is clunky they don't seem to do much at all. as for the feel of the game gave me a few good frights with aliens jumping out of the dark and facehuggers jumping from shelves's kept me on the edge of my seat. On to multiplayer player hosted servers are a pain but once you get a good group of players you can play for hours with out dropouts the push to talk option should be default on this would eliminate a lot of hassles players game sound coming through their mic. that lack of alien tutorial and single player campaign make for a frustrating first few rounds but once a few upgrades are unlocked i would go as far as to say one of the most fun multiplayer games i have played. having unlocked all the upgrades the multiplayer becomes much more intense the maps are ok some favor aliens and some marines but using the right tactics you can win with both marines and aliens. all in all im giving this game a 9 because it really did give the feel that i was in the movie and to be honest the other franchise fps haven't done any thing to better this as an experience. Expand
  20. Feb 13, 2013
    After playing A:CM for about 4 hours. I can honestly say that I enjoyed it. I like the game. Its rather fun. Not the best Aliens game, but they have all had flaws. The Graphics are not the best and the AI for both aliens and friendly npc is wonky most of the time. But I enjoyed the atmosphere created by the lighting, sounds. and the levels. I'm playing on "Ultimate Bad-Ass" difficulty so IAfter playing A:CM for about 4 hours. I can honestly say that I enjoyed it. I like the game. Its rather fun. Not the best Aliens game, but they have all had flaws. The Graphics are not the best and the AI for both aliens and friendly npc is wonky most of the time. But I enjoyed the atmosphere created by the lighting, sounds. and the levels. I'm playing on "Ultimate Bad-Ass" difficulty so I have no HUD at all. I jumped into some 4 player coop and had a really good time. Lots of aliens from all directions, one player on the motion tracker calling out locations and distances. Felt like Hudson in the movie. "We got movement, Can't lock in..." Granted its not the game I think we were all hoping for. Nor does it live up to the hype or what Gearbox promised. But it was fun. Not worth $60, more of a $30 budget title I think. Play it in co-op with a bunch of serious adult gamers and you will have fun. Role-play it up and it will be a blast, especially in "Bad-Ass" mode. You will have to use team work and share the ammo and health. Adds more tension to the game. Expand
  21. Feb 13, 2013
    O jogo foi feito exatamente para quem fã da quadrilogia do filme Alien! O jogo tem gráficos excelentes e não fica pesado na máquina. Tem modo multiplayer coop e PvP. Quem fala que o jogo tem uma campanha sem sentido ou reclama por não ter servidor dedicado ou por qualquer outra coisa, não sabe o que está falando ou simplesmente está acostumado com jogos de outros gêneros e cai no erro deO jogo foi feito exatamente para quem fã da quadrilogia do filme Alien! O jogo tem gráficos excelentes e não fica pesado na máquina. Tem modo multiplayer coop e PvP. Quem fala que o jogo tem uma campanha sem sentido ou reclama por não ter servidor dedicado ou por qualquer outra coisa, não sabe o que está falando ou simplesmente está acostumado com jogos de outros gêneros e cai no erro de ficar comparando um jogo com outro. Não comparem o Aliens Colonial Marines com outros jogos, os criadores do jogo fizeram um bom trabalho e estão de parabéns. Joguei toda a campanha em menos de 12 horas e não encontrei bugs, problemas ou defeitos durante o game. Vale a pena comprar. Mais uma vez, PARABÉNS AOS DESENVOLVEDORES!!! Expand
  22. FPS
    Mar 30, 2013
    After patch 4,8 gigas, the game become 75/100. Now the game is good (not graet, but is good).
    I.A. now are OK,no more bugs, atmosfere now is nice, shadom and light are dynamic, and movimentation was corrected.
  23. Feb 26, 2013
    I've been 50 hours in the game made the second walkthrough on ultimate badass and Ihave to admit that I love this game! Grafically there's a lot worse out there! Aliens Colonial Marines is pure badass Alien and Weyland-mercs shooting....I am looking forward to the DLCs and I hope the patches will get a lot of angry players to the game. It's really worth it. Big Cinema!
  24. Feb 13, 2013
    ok i just arived to hopefully stop your about this game ...
    1. I didnt even played it because im a sick guy waiting for the dlc that is comming (if you guy's are blind then its not their fault ...)
    ok i just arived to hopefully stop your about this game ...
    2. I played all AVP titles AND watched the movie's the worst i played was by far the multiplayer of the new AVP wich lagged but that was the fault of those stupid jerks at our Zensoring buisness (im from germany THX YOU BASTARDS FOR ZENSORING ALL GAMES YOU COME ACROSS!)

And now the real deal:
    I will play and like this game the way it is you simply forgot what a game is about not story not undyeing chars not even graphics its about fun. And what i saw (in playthroughs of this game at least) was quiet a fun Alien killing game wich has nothing to do with the movie's where a pulse rifle and its 99 shot magazin is just enogh to kill 2 or maybe 3 of the xenomorphs not to mention the sub spezies of them wich are in the game. If you want a 1 to 1 movie remake then mod it! thats what this game should be about: if you dont like something MAKE IT BETTER!

I will play it and i will like it thats for shure but dont DARE YOU to write negative things about a game just released when your just stupid or the borredness hits you cause you dont have fun with games anymore! (this too is for the stupid so called BIG REVIEW SITES/MAGAZINS I HATE YOU BECAUSE ALL YOU CAN DO IS TOO! your humans and you put people in charge of games who dont even like them!)

Thats all from me so far and i on grama or the right spelling you still can understand me if not it further prove's that there are many childs out there that dont deserve the title of GAMER!

MFG: KOUTA SETO
    I WRITE THE WAY I ON THE NET NOT THE WAY I DO IN REAL LIVE CAUSE THIS ISNT REAL LIVE!
  25. Feb 12, 2013
    havent played the sp campaign much but the multiplayer has a lot of potential. MP just needs a little bit of tweaking on matchmaking and lag compensation. Host does have a distinct advantage in regards to hit boxes actually registering shots. overall the balance between aliens and marines is very good, neither class feels overpowered. Definitely more fun than black ops 2... not reallyhavent played the sp campaign much but the multiplayer has a lot of potential. MP just needs a little bit of tweaking on matchmaking and lag compensation. Host does have a distinct advantage in regards to hit boxes actually registering shots. overall the balance between aliens and marines is very good, neither class feels overpowered. Definitely more fun than black ops 2... not really saying much but what else are you gonna play? Expand
  26. Feb 13, 2013
    The people writing negative reviews for this game must be paid to write as negative as possible. The sound and music in this game are straight from the movies and the scenarios and environments are very well constructed and as detailed as possible to jive with the movie on which the game is based. In direct contrast to some of the other negative reviews, I have noticed no AI bugs and theThe people writing negative reviews for this game must be paid to write as negative as possible. The sound and music in this game are straight from the movies and the scenarios and environments are very well constructed and as detailed as possible to jive with the movie on which the game is based. In direct contrast to some of the other negative reviews, I have noticed no AI bugs and the game is very challenging on the very challenging difficulties, as it is meant to be. The aI for the Aliens in particular during the campaign is notable in that they are phenomenally good at flanking you based on where your field of vision is. The progression of unlocking weapons and upgrades ties directly into the multiplayer, meaning your experience with using them in the single player first transfers over right away. Expand
  27. Feb 12, 2013
    I don't get it, people are freaking out over graphics, and AI, and all that. It wasn't advertised to be graphically impressive, or insanely great AI. It was advertised to be an Aliens game and that's what it is. I mean if you want to have OP multilayer with Predators vs Aliens vs Marines, play AVP. If not, and you want a game that lets you have your dream of being a Colonial Marine onI don't get it, people are freaking out over graphics, and AI, and all that. It wasn't advertised to be graphically impressive, or insanely great AI. It was advertised to be an Aliens game and that's what it is. I mean if you want to have OP multilayer with Predators vs Aliens vs Marines, play AVP. If not, and you want a game that lets you have your dream of being a Colonial Marine on LV-426, then this is for you. Oh, and on the glitches and bugs, and other things, yes they'll probably be handled in updates. Then to fix the campaign, and multilayer it will probably be DLC, so if you can stick with it, grin and bear it, and all that jazz just a while longer you might just get those extra few things you were looking for in this game. Expand
  28. Feb 12, 2013
    The game is simply amazing, no idea why it get rated this bad, Not tested the multiplayer yet, however the campaign is simply an alien experience. If you are a fan of the saga you may appreciate it, if you are not, this may not be the game you are looking for, however. the fact that you can coop with your friends make the game simply better (for higher difficulties) IA may seems buggedThe game is simply amazing, no idea why it get rated this bad, Not tested the multiplayer yet, however the campaign is simply an alien experience. If you are a fan of the saga you may appreciate it, if you are not, this may not be the game you are looking for, however. the fact that you can coop with your friends make the game simply better (for higher difficulties) IA may seems bugged sometimes for lower difficulty, on higher the aliens are simply relentless, as they are meant to be. the story is amazing btw, surely who ever say otherwise is a Alien: resurrection fan :P Expand
  29. Feb 13, 2013
    I have been waiting for this game to come out for a long time and I have to say I am not disappointing one bit. I just wish there were armor upgrades instead of just weapon ones.
  30. Feb 23, 2013
    Obviously not everyone's cup of tea, however I was surprised how fun this game was, I mean I read the reviews and didn't expect much but I bought it just because I a a huge fan of the movies. I was expecting something not so good but I ended up with a very fun game, especially if you co-op with some buddies. I can honestly say that this game is way underrated, I mean just look at COD blackObviously not everyone's cup of tea, however I was surprised how fun this game was, I mean I read the reviews and didn't expect much but I bought it just because I a a huge fan of the movies. I was expecting something not so good but I ended up with a very fun game, especially if you co-op with some buddies. I can honestly say that this game is way underrated, I mean just look at COD black ops 2 which is a horrible game, possibly the worst fps I ever played and it gets what? like 80 metascore? please give me a break, that game deserves nothing over 50 and I would say ACM deserves about 70 from an objective point of view. Collapse

1. PC Master (Greece)