Ankh PC

7.7

1. Oct 26, 2013
    i searched for a digital copy from this game, for weeks. then i finally found it on gamefly. after that, my Ankh trilogy was complete and i started to play it.
    now i can say that this searching for the first Ankh game was no waste of time or money!
    Yes, graphics are may be not very smooth...but i like that old skool look. dialogue and characters are funny. voice acting is good in english. and i just love that ancient-egypt scenery.
  2. ZuffuluZT
    May 1, 2008
    I only played the german version of this game, which is the original, so I can't say anything about the quality of the translations or speakers.
    But what I can say is that the german version is a very very good game! It really reminds me of the good old Lucas Arts adventures that we all love so much, because it has a similar style, great gags, logical riddles and VERY good speakers that fit to the characters, which create a very convenient atmosphere. The only reason why I don't give it a 10 is because it is a little too easy for an adventure-verteran like me. But that is probably just me and it still is a great game that I will definitely play again in a little while.

1. The humor and style of Ankh delivers a fun and appealing quest and players will have a melon tweaking time with the numerous puzzles found through out the game.
  2. Computer Games Magazine
    The writers spent so much time copying classic LucasArts adventures that they forgot to make the game enjoyable on its own. [Feb. 2007, p.74]
  3. In Ankh’s case, the gameplay’s spot on, the story is funny, and it looks and sounds great. It’s nothing new or special, but what it does, it does very well.