- Summary: APB takes the universal theme of Criminals and Enforcers and brings it to a persistent, open-world, online multiplayer setting in the modern, crime-ridden fictional city of San Paro. Some players will achieve notoriety by feeding on the city, its people and its businesses - the Criminals.APB takes the universal theme of Criminals and Enforcers and brings it to a persistent, open-world, online multiplayer setting in the modern, crime-ridden fictional city of San Paro. Some players will achieve notoriety by feeding on the city, its people and its businesses - the Criminals. Some will live by a higher code and instead feed on the criminals and their organizations - the Enforcers. This dynamic where players become the core content for other players is one of the many unique features of APB. APB promises unrivalled customisation options and scope for creativity thanks to its innovative expression suite, gritty, urban conflict in a persistent online world and a leaderboard dynamic allowing players to become in-game celebrities. [Realtime Worlds]… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
APB Intro Cinematic Movie
Autoplay On Off
APB is an interesting idea executed poorly. An open world action MMO in the same vein as the Crackdown franchise sounds great, but Realtime Worlds fail to make some of the fundamental mechanics entertaining. Though your options for customizing your experience are impressive to say the least it's not enough to make the experience worth your time and money.
PC FormatHalf a game. [Sept 2010, p.96]
Oct 10, 2010I personally think this was one of the best games ever put onto the market. Yes there was major glitches, cheating problems, and buggedI personally think this was one of the best games ever put onto the market. Yes there was major glitches, cheating problems, and bugged missions in the end but it was still an amazing game. The game kind of put you into the life of a person, being criminal or enforcer, that you got to control and live out their life. The customization was almost perfect, there were glitches in editors, glitches in applying decals, etc, but nothing that couldn't have been fixed with a few new patches. I think the reason why people did not really get into this game is the fact they didn't play with regular groups of people whilst talking to them in TeamSpeak or Ventrillo. To me when I played this with my group of friends it just felt like we were a real gang of criminals, it was just an amazing feeling and you could really get close to the people you were playing with and it almost felt as if you were really with them. I just think this game had MASSIVE potential and if it had the right funding it could have been probably one of the biggest games in history. People like Savino, JusticeMortice, and other hackers just ruined the community. Nobody liked them and they just acted like total douche bags and ruined the game with their aimbots. I think if the game had more time to fix all the bugs and fix their anti cheat system it could have been the most amazing game. I mean even as it was I would play around 5 hours a day at least. Thats a lot for a person like me, before this game id maybe play a game once a week for about an hour? I think even with repetitive missions this was one of the most entertaining games ever. I truly will miss this game, and I am sad to never have seen it grow into the game it could have been with some more time and funding. It makes me sad to see this one go. Also all the people who based their review off the first week of gameplay, they fixed pretty much everything with the driving that nobody liked, and just everything that was wrong in the beginning with GAMEPLAY was fixed. Not weapons and that stuff but everything else was fixed and running perfect. Especially the drifting in cars, most amazing drifting I have ever seen in a game. R.I.P APB… Expand
Aug 16, 2010This game is probably one of the most underrated games I have played I think its a absolute blast to rip it up around the city with clanThis game is probably one of the most underrated games I have played I think its a absolute blast to rip it up around the city with clan members and friends most people who are complaining either got their ass kicked or have old comps that they for some reason think will run new games flawlessly. APB isnt without its flaws either but realtime worlds has a large patch coming in the near future that will fix most issues.… Expand
JayWJun 30, 2010Realtime Worlds new MMO "APB" is the most revolutionary MMO to come out since Planetside and is the first to buck the typical World of Realtime Worlds new MMO "APB" is the most revolutionary MMO to come out since Planetside and is the first to buck the typical World of Warcraft styling since about just as long. However, some design choices made to benefit the balance of the game may alienate some less patient players as the lack of auto-aim may make GTA junkies feel less skilled as they normally expect and WoW junkies looking for a new game will be turned off by the amount of player skill and pure luck that plays into the game as opposed to simply increasing statistics of your character to gain an edge in combat. Overall though anyone who plays long enough and takes the game seriously enough to adjust any previous bad gaming habits will find a remarkably well balanced combination of typical 3rd person shooter and MMORPG conventions in one amazing game.… Expand
Aug 12, 2010Realtime Worlds released this game a month earlier than its expected date, with that came the consequences of the game not working properly,Realtime Worlds released this game a month earlier than its expected date, with that came the consequences of the game not working properly, receiving memory leak messages left, right and centre. You HAVE to be on a 64 Bit system to play this game or you will suffer...big time.
It's a good job I had a new PC ordered with 64 bit on it or I would of got rid of this game quite a while back.
When you get into the game it is perfect, I like the fact that you have 'districts' to select and go into and you aren't out of choices. There's 3 districts, the 'Social' district which allows you to customise your character, create symbols, make theme music and create decals for your cars.
The 'Financial' district which is an action district where you pledge to a contract and do 'Jobs' or missions for them and level up to unlocked different weapons and clothing. Lastly the 'Waterfront' district which is the same principal as the Financial but its in a different location with different contacts. When you level up with the contact after doing multiple missions you unlock even more contacts and even more weapons.
So, you're never bored. The reason why I voted this game so low is because of the issues with the 32 bit operating systems.… Expand
CameronLJul 31, 2010Seriously, do all these reviewers get paid for over glorified reviews of this game? Sure it's good, but nothing more than pretty Seriously, do all these reviewers get paid for over glorified reviews of this game? Sure it's good, but nothing more than pretty graphics and some new units. 1/3 the campaign, when I'm going to have to shell out yet another $40+ for every other campaign that comes out. Right now, it's at 96, giving it a tie with all the other greatest PC games ever made. While SC2 may be good, it's not great and it's far from being the greatest.… Expand
Oct 18, 2011This is not just an APB review, it is also an APB reloaded review.
First let me explain why this review is bad. Every single element ofThis is not just an APB review, it is also an APB reloaded review.
First let me explain why this review is bad. Every single element of gameplay was either improperly coded, poorly thought out, or just not worth trying to add in to begin with.
Yes the game had potential but it screwed up in many various aspects.
1. The games combat is so horrible, the weapon calibration is screwed up, all you need to do is have a smg or less than leathal weapon (as enforcer) then strafe around hosing the enemy down. Less than lethal weapons are horribly imbalanced and in the end they make it difficult for criminals to win. The simple fact is, a weapon with moderate accuracy that can take an entire team out of the game and be unable to do anything for twenty to thirty seconds is something that should have not been added in that situation.
2. Cars do not explode, great concept but the movies lie and it was a mistake to add this, instead they should stop working after taking enough damage.
3. Enemies can take 20 direct hits from an assault rifle and live. Do I really need to explain this one? It is a very common example of horrible coding skills from very bad developers. I am a coder myself (C++), its not hard to not screw this up.
4. RPG in a game of cops vs criminals, yeah I know they can have smuggled weapons and all of that but seriously, an RPG? Yeah... No...
5. Horrible controls for the cars, some cars its nearly impossible to turn a corner under any circumstance let alone even out the car, especially the muscle cars.
6. Horrible spawn locations every two to three missions. Sometimes I am spawned 500 meters away from an objective area that I am supposed to be guarding and it takes roughly 20-30 seconds to take an objective while it takes 5 seconds to hijack a car and another 40 seconds to get back to the objective point. And when the combat system is so broken this is a problem. Other times it spawns me right in front of an enemy car, they want till my spawn invulnerability is down and then ram me, oh yeah and there is no cover I can get behind to evade them at that point since its an open area.
7. Ranking system is broken as well, no hack protection either. This creates a problem when it goes hand in hand. When there are hackers who are unable to be removed in an appropriate and quick manner and you can rank down there is the stench of a broken game.
I hate to say it but the gameplay mechanics just are the worst of the worst, the only reason this gets a 2 from me is that it is a great concept, the world is average when constructed, the music is ok for the theme of the game (save I would have added a lot more techno, rap, and industrial to match the theme of the game).
This game will require an entire rebuild in order to make it worthwhile, and again keep in mind this also means APB reloaded. Both are horrible, and both should not have been released. The Publisher of APB should feel bad for releasing a broken product, the devs should never be given a job again, and the people who bought the rights to APB to turn it into APB Reloaded should be shut down. This is simply how horrible the product is.… Expand
Feb 18, 2015Pay2Win as hell! Besides that the most unoptimalized program i have ever seen. (u can't play smothly without atleast 8GB ram). Also thePay2Win as hell! Besides that the most unoptimalized program i have ever seen. (u can't play smothly without atleast 8GB ram). Also the equipment u can buy for ingame currency, disapers in a 7 days (not to mention that they are so expensive but much more weaker then the premium weapons).
One of the Top3 Worst game i have ever tried.… Expand
Published: June 23, 2011After 15 years in development limbo, Duke Nukem Forever finally arrived in stores last week, though game critics aren't rejoicing. We look at that and other long-delayed games that eventually managed to shed their vaporware status, with results ranging from maligned to sublime.